Forum Jump: 

Old 01-20-2009, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
ok... I think I od! ::::::

PS-- is it bad I had like three glasses of wine at a party last night!?!! I feel like I killed the maybe baby
Good for you!!!
Personally, I dont think 3 glasses of wine is going to hurt you right now. My cousin got pregnant before she was married and she was a party girl. She drank AND smoked all through pregnancy and she now has a healthy 3 year old. . . So Pretty sure your ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:

PS-- is it bad I had like three glasses of wine at a party last night!?!! I feel like I killed the maybe baby
No need to stress....if you are pregnant, the baby won't have implanted yet. The fertilized egg is probably still moving down your tube, so the wine won't have affected it.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

Old 01-20-2009, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Snow, I think I heard that it shows bw 5-10 days AFTER finishing the pills. I hope AF comes and you can start fresh!! Thanks for the kind words, I hope I od too
Quote:

Thanks Lauren. Congrats on O'ing! And don't worry, 3 glasses of wine 3 days past ovulation will not kill your baby. : for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clk89 View Post
I am new to the forums, and would like to join in with this group. My name is Christina, I'm twenty-five my DH is twenty-six. This is only are second month TTC our first. We are pretty excited for what the future may hold.

I have my chart in my signature as well, as a link, as you can see I am 7DPO, so I'm currently in 1WW wait. Unfortunately I may be starting a cold as well, so I am unsure how my temps. will start to look. :P
added Welcome and good luck! I added your chart to the first post, but all I am getting is your ticker, not the chart itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Ok so DH watched Business of being born last night. The whole movie he was like what? Serious? No way! I didnt know that. So yeah, he learned a thing or two. Especially the part where they were talking about "if you dont push the baby out in this next contraction were gonna use the vaccum" dh was like whats the vaccum. . So I explained the suction to pull the baby out and he goes. OMG ouch! Lol So needless to say I think I opened his eyes and Im not positive yet but I *think* he is going to be MUCH more open to home birth.
Anyways, Nothing really happening. Im getting impatient and ready to get this cycle over and start a new one. BUT i have to have patience and wait til after Feb 7th to start the provera BECAUSE I have a wedding I am taking photos at on the 7th and I dont wanna be having AF or be started on the CLOMID and be feeling sick that day. KWIM? Not fun. Its enough stress taking photos without all that! I am praying and hoping that the Maca kicks in before then and I dont have to take provera.
BTW- I have the liquid maca and the bottle says 20-40 drops per day and I am using 30-35 drops. Do you think I am getting enough?
I'm so glad your dh is coming around. It will be nice to have his understanding and support no matter where you give birth. I am a big supporter of homebirth, but I understand why you would be nervous about the mw being 2 hours away. Sounds like your husband will be on board either way, so yay for one less thing for you to worry about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
AF came this morning. I'm disappointed but not really surprised. I actually was doing just fine until DH said, "Well, I guess we don't ever need to worry about using birth control." Then I broke down and cried, and he tried unsuccessfully to cheer me up. What an insensitive thing to say!

I think I'm going to chart the next cycle. We'll see how I feel after AF. It would have been nice to have the benefit of my temps this month to confirm that my lack of pg symptoms was going to = nothing more than late AF.

I am thinking about maca, too. A little scared of it because I do have good regular cycles. I might get some tomorrow and try it, though.

Welcome, clk! Hope you get lucky this time around!
So sorry that AF found you.

: mollusk, clk89, and mrsbabycakes!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

Old 01-20-2009, 04:14 PM

Thanks ladies!!! I hope my temp stays up!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Old 01-20-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Thoughts: I really thought AF was going to show up earlier today, but so far nothing. I assume she will be here by the end of the week because of the provera. Anyone ever heard of it not working? I guess I should know more about it since I was the one taking it, I just really thought AF was going to show up before I finished the pills.
for me provera took affect and af came after 5 days. hope af comes for you soon.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

Old 01-20-2009, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. your "maybe baby" is fine

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 01-20-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
AF came this morning. I'm disappointed but not really surprised. I actually was doing just fine until DH said, "Well, I guess we don't ever need to worry about using birth control." Then I broke down and cried, and he tried unsuccessfully to cheer me up. What an insensitive thing to say!

I think I'm going to chart the next cycle. We'll see how I feel after AF. It would have been nice to have the benefit of my temps this month to confirm that my lack of pg symptoms was going to = nothing more than late AF.

I am thinking about maca, too. A little scared of it because I do have good regular cycles. I might get some tomorrow and try it, though.

Welcome, clk! Hope you get lucky this time around!
I'm so sorry mom-to-jj

AF also got me this morning. Hopefully we'll both be successful next cycle. I'm also going to do Maca I think. Does it have the potential for messing up a regular cycle? I think you could consider mine "regular", looong, but I guess still "regular"...hmm...

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 01-20-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
I'm so sorry mom-to-jj

AF also got me this morning. Hopefully we'll both be successful next cycle. I'm also going to do Maca I think. Does it have the potential for messing up a regular cycle? I think you could consider mine "regular", looong, but I guess still "regular"...hmm...
Oh! I just looked again at your chart 'cause I was thinking your cycle started on Christmas, which wouldn't really make it long, but now I see you only started temping on Christmas. You're right--it IS looong!

I will prob'ly read more threads about maca. Some people with regular cycles were saying it messed them up. I suppose it would affect people differently. I really don't want to cause any problems for myself, but I feel so desperate.: I am not going to tell DH about maca (unless he notices a craaazy increase in my libido and asks point blank, since the other day I said something about taking testosterone for libido and promised to bleach the mustache it would cause, haha!). DH does not believe in herbal remedies, but then he is also the one eating supersize double cheeseburger meals at McDonald's. I might have to grind up some FertilAid for Men into his meatloaf. What if it's his problem? What if all the french fries have fried his swimmers? I really don't think it's fair that all the TTC stuff falls on us girls.

*sigh* not a good day for me...After my friend called to tell me she's having twins, I bribed little DS with an extra bottle of milk to sit on my lap while I cried.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
Old 01-20-2009, 08:42 PM

I honestly can't see Maca messing up your cycles. It is not an herb at all, its a food. It is not like soy or anything like that. I am not sure though, as I am not a doctor and only just started Oing (kinda )

Old 01-20-2009, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks astar, I hope so too.

Shwarma, AF sucks! I will keep my fingers crossed for your next cycle.

mom-to-jj, that call would have made me emotional too. I hope you get pg soon too.

Lots of hugs today, we need another BFP soon to cheer this thread up! No sign of AF here, just drumming my fingers waiting for something to happen.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:

Lots of hugs today, we need another BFP soon to cheer this thread up! No sign of AF here, just drumming my fingers waiting for something to happen.
Can it be me that gets the BFP to cheer this thread Up? Lol. . .
Old 01-20-2009, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Sure!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:51 PM

I say it should be me haha

Old 01-20-2009, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Well you are in the 2ww, so you might just have to get your bfp first .

Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
OI will prob'ly read more threads about maca. Some people with regular cycles were saying it messed them up. I suppose it would affect people differently. I really don't want to cause any problems for myself, but I feel so desperate.:
i've been feeling desperate too. i wish that their was a book or something for each of us to help us pinpoint our issue and what would help (btw i've read many books about ttc -the infertility cure, the fertile female, tcyf to name a few). i can't imagine what i wouldn't do for a healthy pg w/ a healthy baby in the end. it just feels like such a gamble each month. i gave up sugar, my weakness and comfort food, i have many needles put into my body each week -since may (and each time it's sore i remind myself of my goal), i use natural plant derived hormones, i take vitamins and herbal teas... in the end all i have are 21 months of bfns and less $. sure i've learned a lot, but sometimes i feel just as confused as when i started ttc. the trouble with herbal remedies is they take time to work and all i want is immediate gratification.

sorry i'm so negative, i just had to vent. i feel af may arise tomorrow and am not looking forward to her visit.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 AM

Ok. . .getting annoyed here. CD 49. . . . I kinda forgot to take my Maca last night too. Lol. DH is totally on board with a home birth now! :: Yay!
Im so excited. I am talking with 2 different midwives right now.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM

Shwarma & mom-to-jj, Sorry to hear that AF came, what a bummer. I will keep you both in my thoughts for next month. Try to enjoy you AF, I always use it for a time of cleansing and just relaxing before I get all worked up again for TTC.

Lauren31 I think we should fight over the BFP....nah, you've been waiting longer, it is your turn!

astar326What would we do if we didn't have a safe place to vent....it is so so important, let it all out! I have these moments were I feel like I'm losing it, and I break down and get all antsy and cry. It is such an overwhelming feeling. I also have these little games with myself, my most viewed webpages show up on my goggle chrome main page, and I try to keep FF from being anything more than 5th. When it slips up to 3rd, I get all annoyed and start viewing it from my blackberry! haha

I think I am at least 10dpo O now. But, CM is drying up again to sticky, which makes me think I'm not pg. I felt like this last month too, as soon as the creamy was gone, I knew I wasn't pg. Not that I've ever been pg before, just that so many people say CM stays really heavy when pg. Sigh. I DO know that everyone is different. I promise.

I need to see a BFP anyone willing to share!?!!

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Ok. . .getting annoyed here. CD 49. . . . I kinda forgot to take my Maca last night too. Lol. DH is totally on board with a home birth now! :: Yay!
Im so excited. I am talking with 2 different midwives right now.

yay about your hubby!!! Now if only that dang maca would do its job!!!
::: I TOTALLY know how you feel, girl

Old 01-21-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
[
Lauren31 I think we should fight over the BFP....nah, you've been waiting longer, it is your turn!
I say, the more the merrier. haha.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Shwarma & mom-to-jj, Sorry to hear that AF came, what a bummer. I will keep you both in my thoughts for next month. Try to enjoy you AF, I always use it for a time of cleansing and just relaxing before I get all worked up again for TTC.
Thanks!

Old 01-21-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I'm so sorry mom-to-jj

I am so sorry AF came finally... I had high hopes for you this cycle, too!!! I say to try the MACA, it won't mess you up, it might just boost overall fertility... I think the important thing to remember with maca is that it is not a cureall.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I am so sorry AF came finally... I had high hopes for you this cycle, too!!! I say to try the MACA, it won't mess you up, it might just boost overall fertility... I think the important thing to remember with maca is that it is not a cureall.
Thanks Lauren. I'm gonna go pick some up and try it. We'll see!

: Hoping this is your lucky cycle!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks Lauren. I'm gonna go pick some up and try it. We'll see!
I'm going to try to find some today. Then we can start a "trying to choke down our maca" thread! I've read it's awful. Mrscompgeek--what kind of maca did you get?

Lauren, Hesperia...fighting over a BFP? This thread deserves more than one! BFPs for everybody!

astar-- we are here for your venting!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
Old 01-21-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Lauren, Hesperia...fighting over a BFP? This thread deserves more than one! BFPs for everybody!
--- I know that is true, as I said, the more the merrier I honestly don't think the timing was great and the BD I did have on sat I did not have an orgasm (tmi) so I am not feeling to great about this month, but who knows? Plus, I feel like I would know if I was pg or not right now and I just don't have an inkling... I am weird, I think.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:57 PM

Hi all. Can I join..again? I used to be on here under a different user name, had to change it. My DH is currently deployed and I just started charting again. I had a 29 day cycle last month and I am pretty sure it was a fluke. I was have 45+ day cycles jsut before that.

I have started working out pretty religiously and lost about 2 pants sizes. I am waiting until payday to go back to my ND and getting more supplements. I am on 10k mg of Vitamin D, Extra Folic Acid, Prenatals 3X/day, CLO and Vitamin C. That's just for regular health She wants me to consider Vitex but, I am meh about it. Anyway, before this gets super long:

Name: Barbara
Date: 1/21/2009
Where you at?: Cycle day 20, waiting to O...still.
Symptoms: None really though I have been noticing more EW the past couple days.
Testing: N/A
Thoughts: I just want to keep having 29-30 day cycles, that would be nice. If I start Vitex it will have to be soon so that it builds up before DH gets home, whenever that is. *fist* to the Army for probably not letting him have R&R.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
Old 01-21-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I'm going to try to find some today. Then we can start a "trying to choke down our maca" thread! I've read it's awful. Mrscompgeek--what kind of maca did you get?
I have a liquid maca I bought on Amazon. I think the brand is Maca Magic.
p.s. I honestly dont have a problem getting it down. I mix it in about 8 oz. of just green tea at night and drink it with supper and I cant taste it.

I just created a TTC with Maca thread for those of you who want more info or want to chat.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astar326 View Post
for me provera took affect and af came after 5 days. hope af comes for you soon.
The first time I took Provera it took 10 days for me to get my period. The second time I took it (one month later) it took 2 days! Hope that helps!

7/09 at 7 weeks - love you peanut
Old 01-21-2009, 08:21 PM

BellaLuna Rayne

Quote:
astar326What would we do if we didn't have a safe place to vent....it is so so important, let it all out! I have these moments were I feel like I'm losing it, and I break down and get all antsy and cry. It is such an overwhelming feeling. I also have these little games with myself, my most viewed webpages show up on my goggle chrome main page, and I try to keep FF from being anything more than 5th. When it slips up to 3rd, I get all annoyed and start viewing it from my blackberry! haha
i love that i can vent here. it is a life/marriage saver. thanks for hearing me out.

: 13dpo & i'm so nervous to go to the bathroom... i'll keep ya'll posted.

Quote:
BFPs for everybody!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Hi all. Can I join..again? I used to be on here under a different user name, had to change it. My DH is currently deployed and I just started charting again. I had a 29 day cycle last month and I am pretty sure it was a fluke. I was have 45+ day cycles jsut before that.

I have started working out pretty religiously and lost about 2 pants sizes. I am waiting until payday to go back to my ND and getting more supplements. I am on 10k mg of Vitamin D, Extra Folic Acid, Prenatals 3X/day, CLO and Vitamin C. That's just for regular health She wants me to consider Vitex but, I am meh about it. Anyway, before this gets super long:

Name: Barbara
Date: 1/21/2009
Where you at?: Cycle day 20, waiting to O...still.
Symptoms: None really though I have been noticing more EW the past couple days.
Testing: N/A
Thoughts: I just want to keep having 29-30 day cycles, that would be nice. If I start Vitex it will have to be soon so that it builds up before DH gets home, whenever that is. *fist* to the Army for probably not letting him have R&R.
added Welcome back Barbara! I hope your stay this time will be short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn View Post
The first time I took Provera it took 10 days for me to get my period. The second time I took it (one month later) it took 2 days! Hope that helps!
Thanks for the info, it does help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astar326 View Post
BellaLuna Rayne

i love that i can vent here. it is a life/marriage saver. thanks for hearing me out.

: 13dpo & i'm so nervous to go to the bathroom... i'll keep ya'll posted.
: : : Angel! When are you testing???

Old 01-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
added Welcome back Barbara! I hope your stay this time will be short.
Thanks! I still have a while before he comes home though.

It appears that I have EWCM. Hopefully this means I will be ovulating soon and won't have a LONG cycle!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)

User Tag List