Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: ellesmama
Date: 1/26
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 5
Appointments: none.
Symptoms if they apply: none.
Testing: nope.
Thoughts: I'm okay that I am not pregnant this time. I am going to start temping this cycle and figure out if I am actually o'ing. Also to hopefully avoid the MADNESS of poasing every day for weeks with my irregular cycles.

Hoping for everyone!

Even when I don't post I am still reading, and praying for everyone!
#482 of 639 Old 01-26-2009, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Name: Anne

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 23 and 5 DPO

Appointments: none

Symptoms if they apply: Surprisingly, none. Let's hope it stays that way. Every time I have symptoms, they aren't indicative of a BFP.

Testing: Maybe, maybe not. Not until at least 10 DPO, though.

Thoughts: On the one hand, I have hopes for this month, because this is the first time trying since the HSG, and I hear those can up your chances. I also found out I have a tipped uterus, so I've been on my tummy after BDing rather than on my back.

On the other hand, I haven't gotten pregnant in the 15 previous cycles, so why now? And I'm definitely afraid that I have a septate uterus (the HSG and ultrasound indicated there's something abnormal), which ups my chances of a miscarriage dramatically. Boo, why do I have to worry about this stuff?

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#483 of 639 Old 01-26-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
[B]

mom-to-jj: I drink green tea all the time, but not for any particular reason. It doesn't sound like you like it, but I wondered if there is some benefit to drinking it that maybe I have been gaining unbeknown to me.
Brin - I found this at babyhopes.com: "According to some of the doctors, switching over to green tea can help you lose weight, reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer, or maybe even get pregnant, if you’re a woman and so inclined.

The healthful properties of green tea are largely attributed to polyphenols, chemicals with potent antioxidant properties. In fact, the antioxidant effects of polyphenols appear to be greater than vitamin C. The polyphenols in green tea also give it its somewhat bitter flavor. These polyphenols are associated with anti-cancer and anti-heart disease effects. Studies are still incomplete and inconclusive, but are pointing strongly toward having a protective effect against these two deadly diseases.

In the past, women having difficulty conceiving might have been advised to limit their caffeine intake. But recent studies suggesting that stimulating drinks, and specifically green tea, might boost fertility. In a study conducted at Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program of Northern California in Oakland, researchers found that women who drank more than one half cup of caffeinated green tea every day doubled their odds of conceiving. No significant association was found for other caffeinated beverages; therefore researchers concluded that a chemical component of tea other than caffeine might have been responsible for the increase in fertility."

So I hate green tea, but I am drinking it b/c it can't hurt and might help. I've been drinking it off and on since October or November, though, and here I sit with my empty womb, so it doesn't seem to be working for me. Still, it's one thing I can do that helps me to feel that I actually have one particle of control over this whole TTC thing.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#484 of 639 Old 01-26-2009, 06:55 PM

Ooooh!!! I switched over to Yogi Green Tea Slim life (bc it is safe during pregnancy) while in the tww because I don't want to have quite so much caffeine as what I would normally get with coffee. I do love a hot beverage in the morning though, so yay! Good to know there is some good studies on green tea. I figure 30 mg of caffeine is ok, compared to the under 300 mg they normally recommend.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#485 of 639 Old 01-26-2009, 08:32 PM

Name: Shwarma
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 7
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: nope
Thoughts: Waiting to O. Doing my Maca. Hoping this is THE month!!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#486 of 639 Old 01-26-2009, 08:48 PM

Monday Check In:
Name: jenna_rios
Date: 01/26/09
Where are you at in your cycle? cd 6
Appt: none
Testing: only checking my spit for ferning at the moment
Symptoms: none yet
Thoughts: i am pretty much with everyone else on this one; hurts to keep trying, but i cant give up on my dream!!

In Love since 2007. Forever missing our unborn angels 04/06~10/08~03/09 TTC for over 2yrs Praying for a 2010 : healthy baby
#487 of 639 Old 01-26-2009, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

: BeauGeek, bluebutterfly, Brin, and Anne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauGeek View Post
Thoughts: Can I be removed from the Nov BFP list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Monday Check In:

Name: Barbara
Date: 1/26/2009
Where are you at in your cycle? CD 25
Appointments: I have on February 6th with my ND
Testing: None but, I will be buying OPKs finally. I am breaking down and getting something else to pee on.
Thoughts? I think it might be time for a new BBT, I have noticed it seems to not be taking my temp for as long. So this morning, I temped 2x one right after the other 97.5 and 97.7...the 97.7 beeped longer. I am also going to get OPKs to see if I am actually ovulating, cause I swear I ovulated already and my temps are not showing it. Oh and this Friday I am going to buy EPO to see if that helps with the amount of EWCM I make and maybe then there will be less confusion about it.
Good luck with the EPO and new bbt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Ok I got another Positive OPK today. And FF says I O'd friday???
Im confused
I guess FF was wrong (like that could ever happen ). Keep bd'ing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne1140 View Post
Name: Anne

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 22 (I think? No access to FF at work.) and 4 DPO (Again, I think.)

Symptoms if they apply: Surprisingly, none. Let's hope it stays that way. Every time I have symptoms, they aren't indicative of a BFP.

Testing: Maybe, maybe not. Not until at least 10 DPO, though.

Thoughts: On the one hand, I have hopes for this month, because this is the first time trying since the HSG, and I hear those can up your chances. I also found out I have a tipped uterus, so I've been on my tummy after BDing rather than on my back.

On the other hand, I haven't gotten pregnant in the 15 previous cycles, so why now? And I'm definitely afraid that I have a septate uterus (the HSG and ultrasound indicated there's something abnormal), which ups my chances of a miscarriage dramatically. Boo, why do I have to worry about this stuff?
It is never fun to hear you may have probs with your uterus. I hope this month yours will surprise you.

Monday Check in:

Name: Pea
Date: 1/26/09
Where are you at in your cycle: CD2
Appointments: accu later this week
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
Testing: n/a
Thoughts: So far this has been a weird period, I guess because of the provera. I am glad to be starting a new cycle though, trying to be hopeful.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#488 of 639 Old 01-26-2009, 09:32 PM

I am/have been having weird stabby pains/twinges in my lower abdomen... not sure if it is the uterus... also semi-creamy or ewcm... not sure-- a cross between the two. .... we will see what my temp tomorrow brings. At the first least, I do think my LP is better this cycle which is always a good thing... please please I want to be pregnant so bad....

#489 of 639 Old 01-26-2009, 09:44 PM

I think I posted in this thread already, but I never did this thingy, so...

Name: Julie / miriam_bat_avraham
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 30, 7 DPO
Symptoms if they apply: Light cramping on my left side for the past 5 or more days (mainly concentrated around yesterday and today, and that's the side I get cramps on), some dizzyness the past two days and today, irritability/mood swings the past two days and today, a temp drop yesterday and today (but hopefully it'll go back up!), creamy CM every single day of my LIFE it feels like
Testing: Yes-- BFN today. Trying again tomorrow even though 8 DPO is still way too early...
Thoughts: Just hoping January is still in the cards for us

#490 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Ok I got another Positive OPK today. And FF says I O'd friday???
Im confused
oh I've been around hey...not to be TOTALLY crazy but have you ever thought that your OPKs could be hpt? I mean a lot of women get positive opk when they are pregs...now before you get nuts and run off to pee, I only say that because like at day 32 you TOTALLY dipped with ewcm and I am just wondering...hmmm. hey it's worth a shot..right?

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#491 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
oh I've been around hey...not to be TOTALLY crazy but have you ever thought that your OPKs could be hpt? I mean a lot of women get positive opk when they are pregs...now before you get nuts and run off to pee, I only say that because like at day 32 you TOTALLY dipped with ewcm and I am just wondering...hmmm. hey it's worth a shot..right?
Well I thought about that but I went into the Dr to get some Provera on CD39 and had a PG test done and it was negative. I highly doubt that could be it dont you? My temps stayed pretty low too.
#492 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 10:50 AM

mrscompgeek I was thinking the same thing the other day, I though that maybe CD 32 might have been ovulation. and if that were i doubt you would have had a pos hpt on cd 39 cause that would have only been 7dpo. some women wouldn't have even implanted yet so if you get another pos opk today i would def take a test. but since you only had 2 days of pos opk's i assume your opks are correct and ff is wrong. and go by your opk's and get some more bding in. And hopefully you are either prego or your opk's are correct because if you had ovulated on friday like ff says you really didn't have any good bd'ing only 5 days previous to ovulating. However if it is your opk's that are correct then thats great cause u bd on your first pos opk. :

Name: Holly22685

Date: 1/27

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 18, possibly 5 DPO
or still waiting to O

Symptoms if they apply: Light cramping on my right side on and off for the past 5 days or so. skin broke out about 3 days ago which never happens.

Testing: Been using my CBFM in the am and one or two cheepo opks in the afternoon/evening. I got my first high on CD 14 and still no peak though my opk's have all been light except one I took on cd 16 which was close to a pos but not quite so idk.

Thoughts: my CM seemed to be getting close to ovulation but it started to thicken up again so i still have a good amount of creamy cm but no sign of ewcm. but it also hasn't dried as if i were post ovulation so again IDK but im just gonna keep bding every 2-3 days until af shows cause im lost lol.

also i am taking Vitex, EPO, multi vitamin with extra folic acid and calcium and also an addition 250 mg b6
#493 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 01:02 PM

Ok well I took a PG test and its negative. So that idea is out the door. . I also took a OPK and its not as dark as it was yesterday. Yesterday was the darkest OPK. I took one sunday too and it was pretty dark but still not as dark as yesterdays. So I took the positive OPK off my chart on sunday and just left yesterdays on and will see what happens. My temp dropped this morning so maybe I was O ing yesterday/today? I dunno anymore. I guess we will see.
I need to get back to taking my Maca. All weekend we were coming and going and werent home for supper and thats when I take it so I got off track.
#494 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 02:01 PM

def keep up the maca!!! :-) idk about you but the maca has completely changed my cycle so far and i hope it continues!!

In Love since 2007. Forever missing our unborn angels 04/06~10/08~03/09 TTC for over 2yrs Praying for a 2010 : healthy baby
#495 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM

Can you add me to the list?

Name: HeatherRD
Date: 1/27/09
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 24, 9 DPO
Testing: I tested at 7 DPO, and it was negative. I know it's early, but I'm so impatient. When should I test again?
Thoughts: TTC #1, 2nd cycle of Clomid

Also, I think I O'd a week ago Sunday. Is Sunday considered 0 or 1 DPO? I considered it 0, so if it's 1, then my DPO should be changed to 10 DPO, and I tested on 8 DPO.

Heather, Vegan Dietitian, Wife to DH since 9-04, mom to Pepper : and mom to born 10/09
#496 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherRD View Post
Testing: I tested at 7 DPO, and it was negative. I know it's early, but I'm so impatient. When should I test again?

Also, I think I O'd a week ago Sunday. Is Sunday considered 0 or 1 DPO? I considered it 0, so if it's 1, then my DPO should be changed to 10 DPO, and I tested on 8 DPO.
Welcome! You counted correctly. The day after you ovulate is 1 DPO.

As far as testing, do you know how long your Luteal Phase usually is? If you do, then I would either wait until AF is due, or test a day or two before. That should lower your chances of getting a false BFN.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#497 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM

the day AFTER ovulation is 1dpo (hence dpo- days past ovulation)

#498 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 05:35 PM

mrs comp geek- oh drat! maybe you held your pee longer yesterday being more concentrated. you can push the idear out the door but I am not...yet!

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#499 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 05:45 PM

lol. so question, i changed my sig and i could only put one little pic thingy, why is that? how can i have it changed to add more?

#500 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna_rios View Post
lol. so question, i changed my sig and i could only put one little pic thingy, why is that? how can i have it changed to add more?
I think "new" members are limited in the numbers of pics they can have in the signature... not sure though.

#501 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
mrs comp geek- oh drat! maybe you held your pee longer yesterday being more concentrated. you can push the idear out the door but I am not...yet!
Lol, well I only had one PG test here and we are in the middle of a blizzard snow storm here so I dont think I will be getting anymore soon. . . .
#502 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 07:01 PM

Quick question: How can I put my FF chart on my sig? I'm trying, but I don't know where to find the link on FF. HELP!
#503 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherRD View Post
Can you add me to the list?

Name: HeatherRD
Date: 1/27/09
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 24, 9 DPO
Thoughts: TTC #1, 2nd cycle of Clomid

added Hey Heather, welcome! Its early, don't lose hope yet. :!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissmommytobe View Post
Quick question: How can I put my FF chart on my sig? I'm trying, but I don't know where to find the link on FF. HELP!
When you are at your FF homepage, on the left under Menu go to Sharing and then click on Home Page Setup. There you can set preferences and get your charting home page web address.

Then come back here, edit your siggy, add a chart icon, and link the web address by highlighting chart and clicking the earth looking button at the top of the edit box.

Hope that made sense, I am not the best teacher .

AFM: I am confused by this cycle so far. I had 2 days of light flow, the second of which was mostly very dark brown, almost black ickyness. Then today nothing. Seriously, wtf? I mean after a 78 day cycle I have to have more than that, right?

#504 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 07:28 PM

not that i am the smartest in this, but Snow~Pea maybe you should test again in a day or two. idk anything is possible in TTC i've learned.

#505 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

jenna, I might do that. I am actually hoping I am not pg though, because I took provera this cycle and I read that it can cause serious birth defects. Plus I wasn't taking very good care of my body after I realized this cycle was a dud.

#506 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 07:49 PM

Snow~Pea, thank you soo much! I hope it works!

And your directions were super-easy to follow. You are a good teacher!
#507 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissmommytobe View Post
Snow~Pea, thank you soo much! I hope it works!

And your directions were super-easy to follow. You are a good teacher!
oooh, your chart looks great!

#508 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 07:57 PM

Im feeling pretty depressed tonight. It seems like nothing is working. Maybe its all the snow and dreariness and being stuck inside but I just feel depressed. I am so tired of not knowing whats going on. See I am a planner. Totally. I plan things for months. This not being able to plan anything is driving me insane. Im ready to feel normal again and just be able to live life and not be thinking about TTC every minute of everyday.

OK rant over. Lol
#509 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Shannon, I totally know how you feel. I hope your cycles gets straight soon. Its time we both got knocked up!

Jenna, thanks for the push, I just poas. BFN. I am relieved. I mean I want to be pg, but I would have spent 9 months being petrified of what the provera might have done to the baby.

#510 of 639 Old 01-27-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Im feeling pretty depressed tonight. It seems like nothing is working. Maybe its all the snow and dreariness and being stuck inside but I just feel depressed. I am so tired of not knowing whats going on. See I am a planner. Totally. I plan things for months. This not being able to plan anything is driving me insane. Im ready to feel normal again and just be able to live life and not be thinking about TTC every minute of everyday.

OK rant over. Lol
This is totally me. I am already planning where DH and I are going when he comes home, what to do with his travel pay once he gets it and what to do with out savings He might be home by fall, so there's an idea of how far out I plan.

I still have no confirmation of O. I have no idea what is going on with my body and I guess I will start taking Vitex come February 6th after I see my ND. I am scared to take it cause it messed my friend up. I probably should not have tried the Lunaception stuff this month either in trying to recreate the fluke.

Also, is it possible to have EWCM and not ovulate? I had so much last week and I was sure I ovulated, especially cause I was cramping that night. *sigh*

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page