January ***Conceiving in our 20's*** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning everyone! I'm checking in (although, I think I just check in at the end of last week, oh well!)
Name: Brin
Date: January 5, 2009
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 20 (8 or 9DPO, depending on chart)
Appointments: More yoga! (Anybody else do Bikram yoga?)
Symptoms if they apply: Can't tell if it's all in my head, but I've had tender breasts (especially on the outsides of them) since 4DPO, and was totally nauseated yesterday morning after breakfast, but it went away within an hour. I didn't spot yesterday, which I normally do, so that could be a good sign. But, since my O day might be a day off, I'll have to wait to see if I spot today. I'm assuming I won't spot if I'm pg...?
Testing: If all goes well, I will probably test on Wednesday the 7th
Thoughts: Since I started modifying some of the poses in my yoga class, I feel like everyone knows that I'm "trying", which is good and bad. Everyone keeps asking if I'm pg already, and then I have to say, "No, not yet, but we're trying...." It feels a little weird for all these people to know that. I haven't even told my mom! Also, if AF shows this week and I go back to the regular postures, then everyone will know I'm not pg. Hopefully, that won't happen. (Thanks for letting me share!)

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#62 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
(Anybody else do Bikram yoga?)

Since I started modifying some of the poses in my yoga class, I feel like everyone knows that I'm "trying", which is good and bad. Everyone keeps asking if I'm pg already, and then I have to say, "No, not yet, but we're trying...."
I do Iyengar yoga. There aren't many poses (in my league) that can't be done during early pregnancy. Even inversions are allowed except during AF... But, I know what you mean about everybody knowing. I got a Rx for prenatals and when I called the pharmacy the tech (my old friend) was like "Are you pg? I know you said you were thinking about trying..."

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#63 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 02:17 PM

Name: mom-to-jj
Date: 1/5/09
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 12
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
Testing: not until I'm sure I'm pg
Thoughts: I might have O'd last night...I suddenly felt a little sick and had pain in my lower right side. Wish I'd have done an OPK, but I didn't because it was already evening. Today I poas and got just a faint line, so I know there is LH in my system but am not sure yet if it's coming or going. If I O'd yesterday, it was about 3 days earlier than it has been--but before DS was born I always O'd on CD 11. After he was born, my cycle went from 24 days to 28. I prefer a shorter cycle when I'm TTC. Every day seems like an eternity! Now I'm going to start sucking down the green tea (which SUCKS!!! and I hate it) and try to relax and not think about it. Yeah right! I can't shut off my brain. It knows that if I O'd yesterday, the egg is either fertilized and starting to form a baby, or not fertilized and my month is already over.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#64 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 04:50 PM

Hi ladies! I've been MIA while recovering from a diagnostic lap in December (no endometriosis or other issues found...yay!), but I'm back now.

Name: Liz
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 7
Appointments: OB/GYN tomorrow afternoon
Symptoms if they apply: N/A
Testing: N/A
Thoughts: I'm curious to see how I respond to Clomid this month after taking a month off for my lap. I'm also a little anxious about my appointment tomorrow. They weren't able to check my tubes during surgery, so the doctor wants to do a separate HSG. I'm not sure if they'll do that tomorrow or if I'll have to schedule another appointment to do it.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#65 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 05:27 PM

So my cousin who also happens to be good friends with my Brother in law told me today that BIL told her I have been moody. : Dumb Clomid. . . .
Cousin knows I am on Clomid and having problems so she tells him trust me on this just let her be. She has good reason to be moody. . . . .Men. . . . . .
#66 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 05:50 PM

I JUST GOT A + Ovulation Test!!!! Its not alot darker than the control line but its darker!!!
#67 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
i just got a + ovulation test!!!! Its not alot darker than the control line but its darker!!!
omg, bd, bd, bd!!!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#68 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 06:22 PM

Monday check-in

Name: Hesperia
Date: January 5th, 2009
Where are you at in your cycle: CD7
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: None
Thoughts:

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#69 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 PM

congratulations on the BFP b-girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name: Jamie
Date: January 5th, 2009
Where are you at in your cycle: CD2

Thoughts: here we go again, lol!!!

I practice Vinyasa :

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

#70 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

: binkin, BeauGeek, JayJay, and brinalicious!

Its good to see you back binkin. I noticed your crosshairs last week and was cheering you on. I really think the testing and treatments you are doing are putting you in the fast lane to motherhood. Lots of luck and hugs to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettymom View Post
Add me! I've been checking in on this thread and I should probably just join in.
This is my first cycle TTC #2. I am 22. DD was a welcome suprise - so I am pretty new to this.

Name: Prettymom
Where are you at in your cycle: 7 dpo
Symptoms if they apply: only in my head
Testing: trying to stay away from the drugstore and the millions of hp tests
added Welcome and good luck :!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne1140 View Post
Monday Check in:
Name: Anne
Date: 1/05

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 2

Appointments: N/A

Thoughts:
I am back in the game after taking a break for one cycle. (This will be cycle 15 of trying for me.) I had an unusually short cycle (25 days), and I wonder if it was due to the HSG I had. I am also having more cramping this AF, so I wonder if that is connected to the HSG, as well.

I am looking forward to AF being over (of course)! Last cycle, after the HSG, I had more EWCM than I've seen in my life, and I hope it comes back this time around. I am nervous, though, because my right tube was determined to be blocked, so not only do I only have the 20% chance that everyone gets every cycle, but I have even less than that, because I have to O from the left ovary for there to even be a chance at all! ARG! We shall see.
Go left tube, GO! Maybe the HSG had a positive effect and you will get super lucky this month :!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy.d View Post
I would like to join!!!
Name: Amy
Date: 5 Jan 2009
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 4
Symptoms if they apply: feeling very not pregnant

Good luck to evry one else
x
amy
added Welcome! I guessed you are ttc#1, let me know if I am wrong so I can move you on the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
Name: Lauren
Where are you at in your cycle:CD 15
Appointments: None (although i am supposed to do provera to bring on an AF...) oops....
Symptoms if they apply: nothing really except extreme moodiness.
Testing:none... but I am getting slightly obsessive with taking my temperature. hahaha
I think we all get obsessive with charting in the beginning . Try to distract yourself as best you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLou View Post
Hi ladies! I've been MIA while recovering from a diagnostic lap in December (no endometriosis or other issues found...yay!), but I'm back now.

Name: Liz
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 7
Appointments: OB/GYN tomorrow afternoon
Thoughts: I'm curious to see how I respond to Clomid this month after taking a month off for my lap. I'm also a little anxious about my appointment tomorrow. They weren't able to check my tubes during surgery, so the doctor wants to do a separate HSG. I'm not sure if they'll do that tomorrow or if I'll have to schedule another appointment to do it.
Welcome back, good luck on your first cycle after the break! I doubt he will do the HSG at an office visit, I had to take antibiotics before mine and the procedure was done at the hospital. It could be different with diff doctors though .

Quote:
I JUST GOT A + Ovulation Test!!!! Its not alot darker than the control line but its darker!!!
Go get busy mama!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#71 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Monday Check in:
Name: Pea
Where are you at in your cycle: CD59
Testing: beta today
Thoughts: got in to the lab today for the beta, so hopefully I can get the Rx for Provera tomorrow. I feel like a cheater going for the prescription drug to bring on AF, but one can only be so patient. Crossing my fingers for all of you ladies, I am so excited that we have already gotten our first bfp of the new year!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#72 of 639 Old 01-05-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Monday Check in:
Name: Pea
Where are you at in your cycle: CD59
Testing: beta today
Thoughts: got in to the lab today for the beta, so hopefully I can get the Rx for Provera tomorrow. I feel like a cheater going for the prescription drug to bring on AF, but one can only be so patient. Crossing my fingers for all of you ladies, I am so excited that we have already gotten our first bfp of the new year!
Don't feel like a cheater, you just are doing what you need to do-- a little help never hurts... (ps- I was supposed to take provera on January 3rd bc I hadn't had a period in a year, and since I did it on my own in mid dec. I decided to ignore the doctor....we will see how far that gets me haha)

#73 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 AM

Name: KParker
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 15 (4 DPO? not too sure I agree...)
Appointments: n/a
Testing: n/a
Thoughts: This has been such a lazy cycle for me. Meh.

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#74 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 AM

I am beginning to think my O last month was a fluke and I will need to wait one more year for the next one...

#75 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 12:05 PM

Late on the check-in....
Name: PaytonPlace
Date: Jan 6
Where are you at in your cycle: 3DPO
Symptoms if they apply: none....I'll start taking the Prometrium tonight so that will bring on fake pg symptoms and the wonderful pubescent acne.
Testing: I'm not testing until Jan 16. I always do it early & then wonder if it's really a BFN or too early. I'm serious this time, no testing until Jan 16! I'll be 13DPO.
Thoughts: This cycle was not the best with our BD timing. And I think my thermometer is on the fritz, I need to get a new one. I have ALOT going on in the next 3 weeks so I'm hoping that will keep my mind off of the 2WW.

Good luck to everyone!!!

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#76 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 PM

Well I'm still here, hoping upon hope that tomorrow does not mean AF like it did last month *FINGERS CROSSED*. I am hoping my luteal phase has taken a turn for the better At the very least, that is...I mean if I can be pregnant as well, that would be cool...lol

*HUGS to everyone!* XXX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#77 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I am beginning to think my O last month was a fluke and I will need to wait one more year for the next one...
Oh have faith. . . Im sure something will happen soon!

WELCOME to all the new people!!!! ::

Ok so I "got busy" last night with DH..And of course of all times I couldnt get in the mood. I was in a funk last night I guess. . . So needless to say it wasnt "fun" for me but the BDing was done and now I am crossing my fingers for awhile!!! Oh how nice it would be not to have to take Clomid again!!
Other news- the little girl I babysit and her little sister and mom stopped by yesterday for awhile. She goes back to work in 2 weeks and I cant wait!! THe baby is sooo tiny.. . . 8 # at 4 weeks old.
#78 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
I feel like a cheater going for the prescription drug to bring on AF, but one can only be so patient.
What's modern medicine for? Gotta use it when you need it!

Quote:
Hopefully not! Keep hope alive! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
And I think my thermometer is on the fritz, I need to get a new one. I have ALOT going on in the next 3 weeks so I'm hoping that will keep my mind off of the 2WW.
Same here! My O is soo late this month, this morning I was beginning to question whether it was me late Oing or the thermometer! : Then I *barely* found my cervix high, closed, and on it's way to firm, so I'm hoping I O'd yesterday. DH has doctors appointment for his illness and then we both start college again (next week for me and the week after for him) so I don't think it will be as intense of a wait.

GL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Well I'm still here, hoping upon hope that tomorrow does not mean AF like it did last month
How do you feel? I can always feel AF coming on...

GL!

Quote:
I was in a funk last night I guess. . . So needless to say it wasnt "fun" for me but the BDing was done and now I am crossing my fingers for awhile!!!
I know what you mean- *TMI ALERT* if I hadn't had a huge glob of EWCM yesterday afternoon, I probably would've skipped last night. Hopefully our grudgeful BD paid off!

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#79 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 02:55 PM

thanks guys for the upbeat words... I am hoping....does anyone else put fake temps in to see if you get an o? hahahaha

#80 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
thanks guys for the upbeat words... I am hoping....does anyone else put fake temps in to see if you get an o? hahahaha
I have- like hypothetical temps? Yes. But once I get a real temp I change it out. And since I got such a low temp yesterday, I might plug in an fake or "average" (day before and today) because I think I was sleeping with my mouth open.

#81 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM

yeah, I mean like days in advance to see what I should be aiming for (hahaha like I have a choice!)

#82 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
yeah, I mean like days in advance to see what I should be aiming for (hahaha like I have a choice!)
I'm not that bad...

#83 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 03:46 PM

woops, i am new to the thread and didn't really get the whole check in monday thing, so a day late is better than not at all , right?

Name: ellesmama
TTC #3
Date: 01.06.2009
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 35 (have irregular cycles 28-45 days)
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: None.
Testing: tested today, BFN will try not to test for as long as I can hold out

CONGRATS to b-girl!!:

Peace to everyone else!
#84 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesmama View Post
a day late is better than not at all , right?
Hello and welcome Ellesmama!

I think this is one of the only places where the opposite is true. We'd much prefer not at all, than a day late...at least if we're talking about AF, if you know what I mean!

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#85 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 05:18 PM

:lol very true!:
#86 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
Hello and welcome Ellesmama!

I think this is one of the only places where the opposite is true. We'd much prefer not at all, than a day late...at least if we're talking about AF, if you know what I mean!

: HA HA HA! You got me there!:

And Thanks for the welcome, it is good to be here, but I do hope I don't stay long!
#87 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 10:56 PM

ahhh I just found EWCM!!! So I had dinner and BDd... haha my husband was like, show me crosshairs! haha (I had to explain that those come AFTER FF says yeah, you did O and you are not a loony) hahaha just felt I would share my loonyness.

#88 of 639 Old 01-06-2009, 11:01 PM

Yay, Lauren! Hope this is it!!

Looneyness? That just comes with the territory!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#89 of 639 Old 01-07-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
ahhh I just found EWCM!!! So I had dinner and BDd... haha my husband was like, show me crosshairs! haha (I had to explain that those come AFTER FF says yeah, you did O and you are not a loony) hahaha just felt I would share my loonyness.
We must be stuck on the same cycles now lauren!! I am pretty sure I O'd now. My temp has risen the last 2 mornings. I usually dont get that big of a jump unless I O. . . . So now I wait.
So I dunno if God is trying to show me how being pregnant will feel but I had insomnia last night. Uh! I just couldnt sleep, I was up til 1am. Why I dont know. Crazyness.Thankfully I dont have anything pressing to do today. I think I may run to home depot later to do some pricing. We are thinking of adding on to our house this summer. We have been looking to buy another house but we cant find anything we like/in our $$ range.
#90 of 639 Old 01-07-2009, 12:28 PM

Shannon, I think you did O! Me, not too sure about because I honestly did not have any change really in my temps... grrr...I think I am going to return my thermometer and get a new one. It seems to be stuck. haha I do my temp over an over again in the morning and get confused which was my real temp! haha, I guess I need to practice more.

oh well... I need to see more EWCM then one bit for an hour. I think that come February 1 if I do not O, I will call the doctor again. I really tried to have faith in my body, but I am getting impatient. I am dreading another year waiting to O again. I feel I only Od because it was Christmastime and my birthday and I deserved it as a present. haha

How much EWCM do most people have?? I have been trying to drink half my weight in water and also supplementing with Trad medicinals Rasberry Leaf tea and Yogi Moon Cycle tea. Also, should I stop taking the vitex?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page