Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2009, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Monday Check in:
Name: Lauren
Date: 1/12
Where are you at in your cycle: Think CD 20 or 21 or something...
Appointments: None, but I think i am going to call the doc.
Symptoms if they apply: None
Testing: nope
Thoughts:Just as I excpected, I woke to a plunging temp... woke up at 7, colder then usual, could not go back to sleep, temp was 97.2. woke up at 7:40 and took temp again it was 97.32, took it at 7:52 and it was 97.49... I am so over not Oing you all have no idea... well maybe some of you do. I am thinking I should just go ahead and call the doctor...

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 12:43 PM

holly, Amanda, and astar...sounds like you all deserve a BFP soon!

: prettymom...congrats!

Monday Check in:
Name: mom-to-jj
Where are you at in your cycle: 8DPO
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: probably all in my head
Testing: no!
Thoughts: Not feeling hopeful. With my DS, I had noticeable cramping at 6, 7, and 8DPO. Right now I can't be sure of anything I've felt, and the rule of thumb for me is sort of, if I am unsure of whether I'm pg, then I am not pg. I tried to jinx myself by buying a couple new outfits this month. It was in the back of my head that if I got pg, they'd be a waste of money. Somehow I thought that might help me get my BFP. Stupid, I know.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
Old 01-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
astar - hope you'll be able to recover your stolen stuff
luckily my GPS wasn't working, so someone will be very disappointed. but i still have to pay $100 (my deductable) for a new window. but i called off work for the hassel, so it all works out i guess.

: mom-to-jj, PaytonPlace, & Shwarma

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

Old 01-12-2009, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
I am so over not Oing you all have no idea... well maybe some of you do. I am thinking I should just go ahead and call the doctor...
That sucks Lauren. Do what you gotta do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astar326 View Post
: mom-to-jj, PaytonPlace, & Shwarma
Thanks!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Monday Check in:
Name: Anne

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 9

Appointments: OBGYN appt. on Thursday for an ultrasound

Symptoms if they apply: n/a

Testing: n/a

Thoughts: There are SO many pregnant people around me right now! I almost cried in church yesterday, because one of them just popped overnight, so now it's obvious she's pregnant. I'm doing research on my "conditions" (blocked fallopian tube and mullerian anomaly), and I am not liking what I am reading. I'm quite frustrated at the moment. Usually, I'm in a pretty good mood at this point in my cycle, so this makes me wonder what the 2ww will bring.

Amanda TN: I know how you feel. I, too, have been trying for 15 cycles, and it's so hard. I did end up taking a break last month, but I'm back at it now.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:54 PM

Name: Brin
Where are you at in your cycle: CD3
Appointments: yoga, yoga, yoga, yoga, and coffee with some of my girlfriends
Symptoms if they apply: only symptoms of some nasty bad food poisoning, but that's mostly gone now
Testing: I'm decidedly NOT TESTING this month, or ever again for that matter! If I'm pg then AF will just never come and the temps will stay high, that's enough for me.
Thoughts: I thought about not temping at all this month, but my husband (who is a scientist) said, "but you'll lose all that data!" so I guess I'll keep charting. Last month was our first month officially TTC, and I got way too worked up about it all. This cycle I'm trying to "let go and let God!"

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

: Shwarma, Angel, Payton, and mom-to-jj.

Shwarma, I don't think you can call a cycle anovulatory if you got a temp shift, maybe the lack of symptoms is a good sign.

Amanda, I have been ttc for 15 or 16 months too and I understand how frustrating it gets. Take good care of yourself and if you need a break, take one. Lots of hugs to you.

holly, so sorry this one didn't stick. : for the next cycle.

Lauren, not ovulating is the worst, its like the 2ww times 100 because you are not even in the game yet. I would wait a couple more days to see if you get a shift, only because you were almost there. But if you are ready to call the doc now, go for it. We are all behind you.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

Old 01-12-2009, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Monday Check-In
Name: Pea
Date: 1/12/09
Where are you at in your cycle: CD66
Appointments: Accu today
Symptoms if they apply: a little crampy this morning
Testing: not any time soon
Thoughts: Just waiting around for the provera to do its thing so I can get on to a fresh cycle.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

Old 01-12-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
Thoughts: I thought about not temping at all this month, but my husband (who is a scientist) said, "but you'll lose all that data!" so I guess I'll keep charting. Last month was our first month officially TTC, and I got way too worked up about it all. This cycle I'm trying to "let go and let God!"
laughup your dh cracks me up.

i use to get really worked up early on when ttc. then as time passed i learned a lot more and started to relax and figure it will happen when it is meant to happen, so there is no use for me rushing it (although it seems each month i add something to my regime).

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

Old 01-12-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I thought about not temping at all this month, but my husband (who is a scientist) said, "but you'll lose all that data!" so I guess I'll keep charting. Last month was our first month officially TTC, and I got way too worked up about it all. This cycle I'm trying to "let go and let God!"
My husband is somewhat impressed with the idea that you can make a graph and see a trend out of the temps...I've shown him my chart a couple times and seemed mesmorized (big nerd that he is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Shwarma, I don't think you can call a cycle anovulatory if you got a temp shift, maybe the lack of symptoms is a good sign.
Thanks Pea, I hope. I'm thinking that maybe since there was a gradual rise, instead of the usual immediate jump, I just don't feel them. But then again my boobs are still 'deflated' ( from nursing torture), they usually plump up after O. So, IDK.

Quote:
Thoughts: Just waiting around for the provera to do its thing so I can get on to a fresh cycle.
: Hoping your AF starts soon and that eggy drops right after! Then maybe you can schedule you BDing on your chart.

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Monday Check in:
.. I am so over not Oing you all have no idea... well maybe some of you do. I am thinking I should just go ahead and call the doctor...
I totally am with you on that !! I knew exactly how you feel!!

Quote:
Lol, Sounds like my husband. He is a computer tech and the graph chart just baffles him.

Monday Check in:

Name: Mrscompgeek
Where are you at in your cycle: CD39
Symptoms if they apply:
Testing:
Thoughts: None really, Just thinking I should call my Dr.

Ok so I am officially diagnosed with PCOS. Which is GOOD cause it explains alot of my problems lately but Im still sad. I got a book on it this week after my dr diagnosed me and Alot of the symptoms of PCOS I have had for years! Like weight gain, problems losing weight, depression,One book even said skin tags and I have 2 under my armpit and just never knew what they were.
And I always have had problems with sugar and the book said that PCOS can cause some Insulin problems . So. . . . Now what to do??
Old 01-12-2009, 05:15 PM

Name: lala
Where are you at in your cycle: CD22 and possibly 10 DPO
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: none. I've gained about 2lbs in the last few days (after losing 2lbs last week....been religously weighing myself on the wii fit as soon as I wake up in the am).
Testing: If AF hasn't reared her ugly head by Saturday, I'm sure I'll be out buying a test for Sunday am.
Thoughts: Just praying. DH and I want this soooo bad. I used OPK's this month and the clearest reading that I got was on CD14, the rest of the OPK's were so faint, barely a second line and I was very careful to not drink much and hold my pee for atleast 3 hours. Previously when I was tracking I would O on CD17 so maybe the B6 is finally working and I am having my perfect cycle.

Fingers crossed for all of us ladies! Lets all get pregnant so that we can suffer thru the summer heat all big bellied and growing a baby!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
I totally am with you on that !! I knew exactly how you feel!!

Lol, Sounds like my husband. He is a computer tech and the graph chart just baffles him.

Monday Check in:

Name: Mrscompgeek
Where are you at in your cycle: CD39
Symptoms if they apply:
Testing:
Thoughts: None really, Just thinking I should call my Dr.

Ok so I am officially diagnosed with PCOS. Which is GOOD cause it explains alot of my problems lately but Im still sad. I got a book on it this week after my dr diagnosed me and Alot of the symptoms of PCOS I have had for years! Like weight gain, problems losing weight, depression,One book even said skin tags and I have 2 under my armpit and just never knew what they were.
And I always have had problems with sugar and the book said that PCOS can cause some Insulin problems . So. . . . Now what to do??
Thanks Shannon... I figured some people could definitely feel my pain... When did you get the official diagnosis??? I am so sorry that you have to deal with this, but at least now there are some answers. My best friend has PCOS and tried Clomid and that did not work for her alone. She altered her diet a bit, cut down on refined sugars and starches, went on met and ended up ovulating on her own and now has a beautiful girl...

Old 01-12-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Getting diagnosed may be the key to your conceiving! There is treatment for PCOS. Pills, diet modification, exercise...I've known many women who've gotten pg AFTER they straightened things out. One, in particular, that sticks out in my mind is a girl who was TTC #1 for a few years before being diagnosed. She went on metformin and that really didn't do anything. Then she went on the low-carb Weight Watchers diet to try to lose weight (she was overweight) and BOOM! She got pregnant within the first month. Then when her son was a year old she decided to start dieting again, and she got pregnant again! It was really amazing- but apparently the sugar control is what the low carb diet was doing, which allowed her body to 'O' on it's own and carry a baby. Don't get down about your diagnosis, you can learn and work on treating it. There's a HUGE chance you'll conceive w/ PCOS. Don't give up.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks Shannon... I figured some people could definitely feel my pain... When did you get the official diagnosis??? I am so sorry that you have to deal with this, but at least now there are some answers. My best friend has PCOS and tried Clomid and that did not work for her alone. She altered her diet a bit, cut down on refined sugars and starches, went on met and ended up ovulating on her own and now has a beautiful girl...
Just this past week. I am thinking of calling my Dr and making another appointment. I would like to talk more about this. But since its a new year I dont have my deductable paid for insurance so I have been waiting. My deductable is only $100 so I need to just get my butt in gear and pay it.
Do you know what all your friend did on her altered diet?? Like specifics? I know I have problems with sugar because if I eat alot of sugar or starches I get uncontrollable shakes and nausea BUT my drs say I dont cause my sugar levels came back fine on the blood work.
What is the difference between Met and Clomid? I know Met is more for Insulin control but can it help O???
Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Getting diagnosed may be the key to your conceiving! There is treatment for PCOS. Pills, diet modification, exercise...I've known many women who've gotten pg AFTER they straightened things out. One, in particular, that sticks out in my mind is a girl who was TTC #1 for a few years before being diagnosed. She went on metformin and that really didn't do anything. Then she went on the low-carb Weight Watchers diet to try to lose weight (she was overweight) and BOOM! She got pregnant within the first month. Then when her son was a year old she decided to start dieting again, and she got pregnant again! It was really amazing- but apparently the sugar control is what the low carb diet was doing, which allowed her body to 'O' on it's own and carry a baby. Don't get down about your diagnosis, you can learn and work on treating it. There's a HUGE chance you'll conceive w/ PCOS. Don't give up.
Thanks for the encouragement!!
Do you think I am overweight?? Seriously, I have never thought of myself as overweight, I have gained 30 # in the last year but I still dont consider myself heavy. I used to weight 105-110 until last year then I went up to 145 within like a few months and I have pretty much stayed there. Do you think that could cause me to have problems? Or is that not a significant weight gain??
Old 01-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement!!
Do you think I am overweight?? Seriously, I have never thought of myself as overweight, I have gained 30 # in the last year but I still dont consider myself heavy. I used to weight 105-110 until last year then I went up to 145 within like a few months and I have pretty much stayed there. Do you think that could cause me to have problems? Or is that not a significant weight gain??
How tall are you??? Also, what did your doctor do to confirm PCOS??? I will ask my friend her specific diet, but I remember it being limited sugars/carbs and healthy veggies and protein. Kinda like the South Beach diet.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Do you know what all your friend did on her altered diet?? Like specifics? I know I have problems with sugar because if I eat alot of sugar or starches I get uncontrollable shakes and nausea BUT my drs say I dont cause my sugar levels came back fine on the blood work.
What is the difference between Met and Clomid? I know Met is more for Insulin control but can it help O???
Any low-carb diet would be a good place to start- I'm a HUGE fan of South Beach diet, but others include Weight Watchers, Atkins,...they all pretty much have a similar low-carb intake allowed. You will not get the shakes if you follow them because your bloodsugar will be stablized.
Metformin is for the bloodsugar and Clomid for Oing- totally separte issues. If I were you I'd steer clear of Clomid for now, once you get things leveled out you can revisit if you really need it (you might be Oing naturally).

Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 PM

A lot of women with PCOS do not O bc their blood sugar is out of wack or something like that so the Met helps regulate everything and eventually they begin to O on their own.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
How tall are you??? Also, what did your doctor do to confirm PCOS??? I will ask my friend her specific diet, but I remember it being limited sugars/carbs and healthy veggies and protein. Kinda like the South Beach diet.
Quote:
Any low-carb diet would be a good place to start- I'm a HUGE fan of South Beach diet, but others include Weight Watchers, Atkins,...they all pretty much have a similar low-carb intake allowed. You will not get the shakes if you follow them because your bloodsugar will be stablized.
Metformin is for the bloodsugar and Clomid for Oing- totally separte issues. If I were you I'd steer clear of Clomid for now, once you get things leveled out you can revisit if you really need it (you might be Oing naturally).
I am 5'3. So pretty short.

I will have to check out the diet thing. DH and I just started back on Weight watchers but were not doing the low carb one. . Just watching points.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I am 5'3. So pretty short.

I will have to check out the diet thing. DH and I just started back on Weight watchers but were not doing the low carb one. . Just watching points.
There is a very fine line where weight causes infertility problems. Some women can be majorly overweight and O naturally, others just a little, and they can't. We're all different. I don't think you're overweight really, but possibly your diet is what's causing you problems. I'd do a low-carb diet, not the regular WW because not all points are really created equal on WW. I won't lie, the first couple weeks is rough on low-carb diets, but then you feel GREAT. Totally worth it.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
There is a very fine line where weight causes infertility problems. Some women can be majorly overweight and O naturally, others just a little, and they can't. We're all different. I don't think you're overweight really, but possibly your diet is what's causing you problems. I'd do a low-carb diet, not the regular WW because not all points are really created equal on WW. I won't lie, the first couple weeks is rough on low-carb diets, but then you feel GREAT. Totally worth it.
Thanks! You ladies are awesome on here! I just called my GYN and talked to the nurse and I have to take a urine sample in Wed morning to check for pregnancy (duh! pretty sure Im not) and then they want to start me on Provera again. Hopefully I can talk to the Dr while I am in there.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I agree completely. I think its better to be 5 lbs overweight then 5 lbs underweight when it comes to conceiving. If I were you I would look at my daily diet for a week (write down everything) and then figure out what you might want to do different. Most importantly is to eat less simple sugars and carbs and get more complex carbs (if you have to have em), proteins, and veggies

Old 01-12-2009, 06:13 PM

I just called my OBGYN and she is going to call me back. Her nurse was surprised I had ovulated last month and had a period but said that temping is very reliable (which I like, bc a lot of doctors don't "believe" in it). She says that she has to talk to the doctor but most likely she will want to either wait for me to get my period (which is seemingly unlikely ) or to go ahead with the provera, day three testing, etc. THEN figure it out from there. She said the provera will not likely mess up my "cycles" since I have had only one period in one year. :

Old 01-12-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I just called my OBGYN and she is going to call me back. Her nurse was surprised I had ovulated last month and had a period but said that temping is very reliable (which I like, bc a lot of doctors don't "believe" in it). She says that she has to talk to the doctor but most likely she will want to either wait for me to get my period (which is seemingly unlikely ) or to go ahead with the provera, day three testing, etc. THEN figure it out from there. She said the provera will not likely mess up my "cycles" since I have had only one period in one year. :
I would wait a few more days to see if your temps come back up, mabye till the weekend? So funny the nurse respected temping! When I went for my wellwoman exam, the nurse asked me when my last period was- I whipped out my iPhone and pulled up my chart and told her. She was like, "So, about Dec. 13?" to which I replied, "No. On Dec. 13, I chart." Then when the CPN came in, she jumped straight to my charting- and said "yah, it works well when you have a regular period, but just let me know if you ever need something" (I could just hear the pharmaceutical companies whispering to her)...um, yah, ok. I'll do that. :

Old 01-12-2009, 06:26 PM

Name: ellesmama
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 41 (usually cycles are 28-45 days)
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: none.
Testing: I am ordering more on the internet today and when they get here, I am testing. (THANKS FOR THE IDEA LADIES!)
Thoughts: I am hopeful that AF is still absent.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I would wait a few more days to see if your temps come back up, mabye till the weekend? So funny the nurse respected temping! When I went for my wellwoman exam, the nurse asked me when my last period was- I whipped out my iPhone and pulled up my chart and told her. She was like, "So, about Dec. 13?" to which I replied, "No. On Dec. 13, I chart." Then when the CPN came in, she jumped straight to my charting- and said "yah, it works well when you have a regular period, but just let me know if you ever need something" (I could just hear the pharmaceutical companies whispering to her)...um, yah, ok. I'll do that. :
I know! I feel like most doctors are quick to prescribe, when really I just want them to listen to me and THEN prescribe me something if need be. It's like the nurse could not understand that I do not have my period every month and that I simply have annovulatory cycles. I know that when I get my period it means I ovulated, which has not happened in a LONG ASS TIME (minus last month's! Either way, I just am not sure I want to start the provera, its like I would be giving up on myself... I waited SOOO long, and I just want to be normal, like I was before I started that damn BCP.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Name: KParker
Where are you at in your cycle: FF thinks 9 DPO, I put it back to 8 because I think FF is a poopface
Appointments: I need to see a doctor for SO many ailments, going to schedule that this week
Symptoms if they apply: Oh god, let's write them all down: Felt twinges in boobies 2 nights ago, they were sore sore SORE yesterday, and are incredibly painfully sore today and the nips are too now. Noticed a lower backache a couple days ago, it was incredibly irritating yesterday and is STILL causing me pain today. Headaches, instead of migraines (I never get jut headaches). Copious amounts of creamy CM, last night eggwhite, today a lot of slippery/watery?! Two nights ago, went to bed, suddenly had some severe nausea; had the same feeling along with almost a sharp heartburn pain all day yesterday, and am still nauseated today. Have had cramping for 2 days. Been EXTRA horribly bloated and all that mess for the last 2 days.

WHAT ELSE CAN I OVERANALYZE?! lol

Testing: I WILL NOT TEST UNTIL AF IS AT LEAST 1 DAY LATE RAWR
Thoughts: I hate TTC and knowing my body now as I didn't prior to TTC, because none of my "symptoms" I would have ever considered as possibly pg ones until now lol

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12
Old 01-12-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesmama View Post
Testing: I am ordering more on the internet today and when they get here, I am testing. (THANKS FOR THE IDEA LADIES!)
Thoughts: I am hopeful that AF is still absent.
How many DPO are you?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
How many DPO are you?
I don't temp, so I have no idea.

There is no way to know if you don't chart or have mittleschmerchz (sp?) or some obvious symptom right?

Like I posted before, I have taken several pg test in the last couple of days and all of them are BFN except for 1 that I am almost positive has an evap line and not a positive. (and that was my second to last test, my last one was BFN). So, it is highly unlikely that is was a real positive, but it made me crazy for a few hours.

Mostly my cycles are about 32-35 days, but over the past 12 months I have had 2 really long (52 day) cycles. So, I am hopeful, but this could be another longer cycle. And If having a 32-35 day cycle, I should have had a BFP by now. So that is sad.

User Tag List