January ***Conceiving in our 20's*** - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm really wanting to test today but I swore to myself that I wouldn't test before 13DPO. Every time I have to pee, I rush to the toilet & go so I stop debating if I should test or not. I'm starting to talk myself into testing on 12DPO. Arghhhh, the pressure!

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 06:58 PM

PaytonPlace,
Hold out ONE more day!!! Even if you are PG its probably not going to show this early, much better for peace of mind to wait

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#243 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesmama View Post
Im not taking provera, but I am right there with you being a b*tch today. And yesterday! It is so bad!! I just want to see AF and get it over with and hopefully my hormones will calm down.

I feel ya!
Thanks for letting me know I am not alone! I don't know about you, but I could really use a strong adult beverage .

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplevega View Post
Can I join?

Name:Kim
Where are you at in your cycle: who knows
Appointments:2/18/09 with midwife for annual
Thoughts: I am 16 months pp with DC#2 I just got 1st PP AF on 1/3/09
TTC: #3 I have 2 boys
added Welcome, I hope your stay is short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
I'm really wanting to test today but I swore to myself that I wouldn't test before 13DPO. Every time I have to pee, I rush to the toilet & go so I stop debating if I should test or not. I'm starting to talk myself into testing on 12DPO. Arghhhh, the pressure!
Be strong mama, you can hold out!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#244 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 PM

This is also posted in the ONE thread, but some people only come here, so I thought I would share...

OK, my doctor just called me back, here is the gist:

1. She says that temping does work and she is excited that I od last month and had a cycle
2. She said that my temps are a little low to be post O now but it is not out of the realm of possibility that I did O.
3. She ordered me a pg test to be administered on day 35 of my cycle in case AF does not show before then
4. She re-affirmed my ultrasound and said that everything was perfect. She also said that you can't rule out PCOS based on the ultrasounds, its more of a secondary finding sometimes
5. She said at day 35 I can elect to do the provera and then go in for day three testing which will test for everything one can possibly imagine.
6. She said at that point we can move on.

So I am feeling better about her. And fingers crossed I did in fact O!!! I think she has realized now that my goal is not to just get PG anyway possible, but more importantly to understand and fix why my body is not having a cycle. I want to be a woman again.

#245 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 PM

Monday Check in:
Name:Michelle 28
Date:1-13....sorry I am lateand I haven't checked in for a eally long time
Where are you at in your cycle: I think cd 10
Appointments:none
Symptoms if they apply: none waiting to O
Testing: opks daily
Thoughts: I have decided that I hate testing in any way shape or form.....but HPT's can give you a high... and in my case an instant low. I can't wait for the perment High. Hubby and I have decided that it is just better to tangle everynight until AF shows or a baby for that matter.
#246 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 09:44 PM

Ok so I stumbled upon this by accident but thought I would post this on here in case anyone else is using Maca. I usually use my liquid maca in Berry punch Juice but was out tonight so I put it in my tea I made instead thinking Ill choke it down and get some juice tomorrow. . . .To my suprise It tasted good! Couldnt tell it was in there. The tea I used it in was 4 bags of Green tea, 2 bags of raspberry tea (like raspberry zinger) in 1 gallon of water. I used about 8 oz. of tea with 30 drops of liquid maca and couldnt taste it.
#247 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Ok so I stumbled upon this by accident but thought I would post this on here in case anyone else is using Maca. I usually use my liquid maca in Berry punch Juice but was out tonight so I put it in my tea I made instead thinking Ill choke it down and get some juice tomorrow. . . .To my suprise It tasted good! Couldnt tell it was in there. The tea I used it in was 4 bags of Green tea, 2 bags of raspberry tea (like raspberry zinger) in 1 gallon of water. I used about 8 oz. of tea with 30 drops of liquid maca and couldnt taste it.
Cool thanks!!! Have you thought of taking rasberry leaf tea? It is supposed to do amazing things for a woman's reproductive system You can get it at whole foods or online. I love it!

#248 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 09:49 PM

:
[monday update on tuesday]
i've never tempt before but it sounds appealing so if this month isnt the month, i think i'm going to try it out. i'll have to do a little research cause i don't know much about it really.
i have spot-on cycles. like proper 28 days every single month, but i think i Oed really late this month. so we've been trying to just dtd everyday--which has been really healthy for our relationship actually! sorry for the details, but i guess for so long we've put other things as priorities (ds,work, school). so its been nice.

ANYWAYS....
Xing my fingers. dh says i seem pregger--whatever that means. "I can just tell"
no real symptoms except being tired, headache, boobs sensitive....but AF is targeted for next thursday so all of these go along with periodness regardless.
just hoping....trying not to be bummed out if i'm not.....

2004 2009
#249 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
Cool thanks!!! Have you thought of taking rasberry leaf tea? It is supposed to do amazing things for a woman's reproductive system You can get it at whole foods or online. I love it!
Yeah I drank a cup of raspberry leaf tea every day for about 6 months. Didnt really notice much different on it so I stopped taking it.
#250 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 11:11 PM

Hi. I am new here!

Name:Carrie
Where are you at in your cycle: A week after ovulation..hopefully!
Appointments:None
Thoughts: We just started TTC this month, though we decided we would just not protect, but once we got thinking about it, we really would like to actively try!
TTC: #2

Carrie ~ Mama to Emma 1.8.08 and Charlotte 12.2.09
#251 of 639 Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Lauren, sounds like you found a great doctor to work with. Its great that she listens to you and I am impressed that she didn't brush off charting like a lot of them do.

Welcome back Michelle, hope you don't get worn out bd'ing every night! Make sure you get plenty of rest, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellogoodnite View Post
Hi. I am new here!

Name:Carrie
Where are you at in your cycle: A week after ovulation..hopefully!
Appointments:None
Thoughts: We just started TTC this month, though we decided we would just not protect, but once we got thinking about it, we really would like to actively try!
TTC: #2
added Welcome, I hope your stay is short!

ETA: : mollusk!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#252 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
I'm sure I will have to step it up to something stricter after a couple weeks because it is really hard for me to lose weight unless I really deprive myself and of course work out obsessively. I know I can do it, because I have lost weight before, its just hard for me to do in a "healthy" way. According to the doctor, I can blame that on the pcos. Its kind of ironic isn't it? Its more important to be at a lower weight with pcos, but the pcos makes it hard to lose weight. Ughh.
What hormone creams are you using?
I get them from the rejuvenation center - Bio Balance: Female Support (contains progesterone along with a lot of other plant based stuff) & Adrenal Support. The company that makes it is called Endoderm Lab in Ca. (888-301-1685) or endodermslabs.com. i've been on these creams for two cycles and found they have really shortened my long cycles and increased my lp! hope that helps!

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#253 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 AM

PaytonPlace, did you test!?!?! Come out come out wherever you are....

#254 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
:

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#255 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 12:46 PM

PaytonPlace- Did you test??

I had to take a urine sample to my Dr this morning so they could test to make sure Im not pregnant. Of course it was negative. So Now I have a prescription called in for provera and they want me to come back in to start Clomid. Im really thinking about not doing the clomid. is that bad ?? Am I messing it up by not continuing for the next month? I really want to see what Maca will do for me and some exercising and dieting.
#256 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
PaytonPlace- Did you test??

I had to take a urine sample to my Dr this morning so they could test to make sure Im not pregnant. Of course it was negative. So Now I have a prescription called in for provera and they want me to come back in to start Clomid. Im really thinking about not doing the clomid. is that bad ?? Am I messing it up by not continuing for the next month? I really want to see what Maca will do for me and some exercising and dieting.
If anything it makes sense to not do the clomid for a month. Gives your body a break kinda... just my opinion, but I am afraid of clomid, so take it with a grain of salt. (is that the expression ??? )

#257 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
If anything it makes sense to not do the clomid for a month. Gives your body a break kinda... just my opinion, but I am afraid of clomid, so take it with a grain of salt. (is that the expression ??? )
Thats kinda what I was thinking but wasnt sure if having clomid in my system already would make this round easier or better?? Im clueless. I didnt ask my dr or tell her I might not be taking clomid again because she isnt very "herb/nautral remedys" KWIM?? She would look at me like Im nuts! Lol
#258 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I didnt ask my dr or tell her I might not be taking clomid again because she isnt very "herb/nautral remedys" KWIM?? She would look at me like Im nuts! Lol
I wouldn't take it either- it scares me too.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#259 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 01:00 PM

did she make it a higher dosage???? or did she keep it the same?? Do you have to go in for an U/S to see if it works??? You have a couple days to figure out if you are taking it or not. Just go with your gut....

As for me: OMG I just found EWCM (I think!!!) I googles pictures of EWCM and its definitely what I found, albeit a little clearer. But it stretched a good 4 inches!!!! It was kinda fun to play with, actually. hahahaha ok I will shut up now. For sure it seems I did not O yet... but FF still has dotted cross hairs... I guess I will just have to BD tonight when the hubby gets home and patiently wait for my temp tomorrow.... I woke up this morning (45 minutes early) and it was 97.29 and then I slept another 25 minutes and it was like 97.65!!! grrrrr, I suck at temping. hahahaha

#260 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
did she make it a higher dosage???? or did she keep it the same?? Do you have to go in for an U/S to see if it works??? You have a couple days to figure out if you are taking it or not. Just go with your gut....

As for me: OMG I just found EWCM (I think!!!) I googles pictures of EWCM and its definitely what I found, albeit a little clearer. But it stretched a good 4 inches!!!! It was kinda fun to play with, actually. hahahaha ok I will shut up now. For sure it seems I did not O yet... but FF still has dotted cross hairs... I guess I will just have to BD tonight when the hubby gets home and patiently wait for my temp tomorrow.... I woke up this morning (45 minutes early) and it was 97.29 and then I slept another 25 minutes and it was like 97.65!!! grrrrr, I suck at temping. hahahaha
So I TOTALLY forgot to take my temp this morning!!! I havent forgotten to take it since I started temping. I dont know what I was thinking. Oh well!

Yeah she is upping the dose from 50 to 100mgs. That kinda worried me cause of the awful side affects I had from it. And she does monitor me and I go in on CD14 for a ultrasound. But I dunno. Im thinking about getting the provera prescription filled and keeping it here and if I dont get AF with using MACA in a month then taking the provera. Its so hard to know if Im making the right choice. . .
#261 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 03:59 PM

Shannon, use your gut. You know your body better then anyone else. What would happen if you didn't take the clomid and waited say 20 days? My doctor says that they like to wait until day 35 before deciding to induce a period.

#262 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 04:09 PM

Okay here I am, cycle day 4...beeeeh! Ten days and then I swear, we are BD'ing SO MUCH I cannot even begin to describe...

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#263 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah she is upping the dose from 50 to 100mgs. That kinda worried me cause of the awful side affects I had from it. And she does monitor me and I go in on CD14 for a ultrasound. But I dunno. Im thinking about getting the provera prescription filled and keeping it here and if I dont get AF with using MACA in a month then taking the provera. Its so hard to know if Im making the right choice. . .
Just to throw in my :...my first round of Clomid was pretty miserable, but after the first one the side affects haven't been bad at all. I took 100 mg this cycle, and just had mild night sweats and not much of an appetite. I know its different for everyone, but in my experience the side affects were never as bad as the first cycle.

Afm, for the first time in months I found EWCM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : that I'll ovulate this cycle.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#264 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLou View Post
Afm, for the first time in months I found EWCM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : that I'll ovulate this cycle.
ooooooooooh!!!!! I hope you do!!!!

#265 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Okay here I am, cycle day 4...beeeeh! Ten days and then I swear, we are BD'ing SO MUCH I cannot even begin to describe...
:You go for it girl!!:

:Sending you some good vibes and hoping you get in on the first try!:
#266 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 05:16 PM

Is there any way to ttc casually? If so, I have no idea about it!!

I am going CRAZY! I broke down and went to the store and got a test. ( I couldn't even wait 1 or 2 more days until my internet order arrives, I told you, CRAZY) Of course, BFN.

But still no AF. My cycles drive my crazy!!

(Thanks for listening! )
#267 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Is there any way to ttc casually? If so, I have no idea about it!!

I am going CRAZY! I broke down and went to the store and got a test. ( I couldn't even wait 1 or 2 more days until my internet order arrives, I told you, CRAZY) Of course, BFN.
awwww, I don't think one can TTC casually! And too funny about the buying a test. HOLD OUT TWO MORE DAYS!!! Then you can use your internet strips to your heart's content!

#268 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
awwww, I don't think one can TTC casually! And too funny about the buying a test. HOLD OUT TWO MORE DAYS!!! Then you can use your internet strips to your heart's content!
Thanks Lauren31, very sweet of you! I will be waiting for that package to arrive!

And I have been saying a prayer for all of us, including you everynight, that we all ovulate and get BFPs soon. And that we can feel at peace if we don't.

(I need to work on the "feeling at peace" part myself. )
#269 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
And I have been saying a prayer for all of us, including you everynight, that we all ovulate and get BFPs soon. And that we can feel at peace if we don't.

Awww that is so sweet of you thanks a bunch, I can use all the prayers I can get

#270 of 639 Old 01-14-2009, 07:35 PM

I caved!! Argh. I tested this morning with second morning urine (after holding it for 5 hours!) on a FRER & Equate test and they were both white as snow. Boooo. I'm trying not to get too depressed about the BFNs because my temp has never stayed high past 9DPO but I got a BFP w/ my DD on 10DPO but I know, I know...each pg is different.

If this is not my month, next month I want to try using B6 instead of using Prometrium. I know you're supposed to take the B6 along with a B Complex (which I already take daily). Anyone have any info about taking B6 to help lengthen the LP? What dose should you take of the B6 and do you take it from CD1 thru the whole cycle??

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page