Wanna join my 2ww? (January) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 216 Old 01-05-2009, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone in the middle of a two week wait?

We were going to start TTC after I got my dental filling this month. I'm probably not pregnant, but I've just been feeling really tired and hungry lately, so of course it makes me wonder. I was TTA, and we DTD a week before O ...so it's so unlikely, but then I started reading some thread on here, and once in a while there's that person that says it happened to them. Now I'm like "What! I didn't think it was possible for sperm to live that long!"
#2 of 216 Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's possible for sure! I will join you in your 2ww. I forgot to mark when I got my visitor this month but I think it was the 20th so I think around the 17th I should be due or testing. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you! :
#3 of 216 Old 01-05-2009, 09:07 AM

I'll join ya. Af is due on Friday. Took a test this morning bfn, I'm hoping I'm just one of those 49% who don't get a positive this soon.

Wife to DH of 5 years; Mommy to 3 dogs & 2 cats; Trying to conceive since 01/2008
#4 of 216 Old 01-05-2009, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Cool, thanks for joining me.

I just took a $ store test this morning at 12 dpo and it was negative. AF isn't due for 4 days, so we'll see what happens.
#5 of 216 Old 01-05-2009, 06:58 PM

I'm in! I'm still BFing my 17MO, and so am having totally random periods. I'm not really sure when I'm ovulating (if at all I guess), but the start of my last period was Dec. 17th and we started trying for the first time last week. If I were regular, I'd say I'm testing on or after January 14th. Symptoms thus far include abdominal cramping, lower abdomen "feeling," dry mouth, and little waves of nausea. I have been having some random nausea since starting my period though, so this all could be a coincidence, but of course I'm obsessing. Why is TTC so annoying?
#6 of 216 Old 01-05-2009, 08:45 PM

My last period began on 12/10. My cycles are usually very regular 29-31 days. My husband and I went on a "grand baby making tour" vacation to celebrate the face that we were TTC #1. We were gone from 12/22-1/1. He got a horrible flu for the second half of the trip, so we didn't dtd as much as we had planned....I should have o'ed during the vacation, but don't really chart so can't be sure.

Well, I know it is my first 2ww - and that people do it all the time... but this 2ww is KILLING me! I poas as soon as we walked in the door on New Years! In my mind, I knew that there would be no way that a + would appear so soon, but I was insane. Two days later, I couldn't resist buying another test while grocery shopping and got another neg.

I have had every preg symptom in the book: vivid dreams, bloating, cramping, tender breasts, intense ...well, "bitchiness" is really the only word. Last night I got what felt like hot flashes and this feeling washed over me...in that moment I knew I was pregnant. And it wasn't joy that I felt. It was....terror. I felt like I was unprepared and alone. Meanwhile, I am fully aware that I could be manufacturing these symptoms in my head. Ugh

So, long story longer (sorry) I ordered some preg tests from amazon that should be getting here on Wed. I will not allow myself to go to the store and buy any more before then. I have to control myself!

Good luck to all of you!
#7 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 03:17 AM

I'll Join

I am 8dpo. Of course i have all the pregnancy symptoms I was even vomiting all morning. But I also had a migraine. I've been exhausted too. But today my cervix started hurting like it normally does around AF. Its still Low Firm and Closed though. who knows. Still bf dd 800000 times a night so, my lp is really short. I poas today but neg of course. Last month I got a bfp at 8dop so thought maybe I would this month too. No such luck

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#8 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 10:51 AM

I'll join in too, we're not technically TTC, but we're not avoiding at all either. LMP = 12/20, DTD at 13, 15 and 16 DPO, set to test/start AF 1/16 or so.

I'm going a bit nuts here, wavering between hoping for a BFP and not - timing is off for us as we weren't even thinking of TTC until a week ago, and I think we were just a bit caught up in New Years, etc this month, so we'll see. :
#9 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 12:42 PM

jayemtee - I think you and I will be testing at about the same time. So yesterday, I was having lots of "feeling" and a little cramping, but today, not much of anything. Trying not to get my hopes up too much because I don't think we DTD on the right days. We were going along pretty well, but then got into a little "disagreement" and ended up sort of ignoring eachother in the evenings right in the period when we should have been trying...lol Oh well... guess we'll see. How's anyone else feeling?
#10 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 01:03 PM

I'll join. I'm not charting, but according to my normal cycle, I should have ovulated a few days ago. I'm analyzing every little thing already, and I won't even be testing until the 21st. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I'm scared because of our previous miscarriages. I've already been nauseous a couple times, but that sometimes has happened before without being pregnant. I had some minor abdominal cramping - I've never had that symptom before unless I was having my period, so I don't know what to think. It's such a long hard wait. We sort of had a "baby-making vacation" too, but it was also our anniversary , so we had a couple days at a B & B which was wonderful. It'll be really neat if we are pregnant, since this baby would have been most probably conceived on our anniversary.
#11 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 01:35 PM

Mind if I join?

I'm closer to the end of a wait than the beginning, as AF should be here tomorrow or Thursday, and I always start first thing in the morning. My temp went up .1 yesterday and then back down .1 this morning, so I obsessed over all my charts for the last 6 months on FF for a good part of the morning (if anyone wants to throw in their two cents, have a look at them). I have a few good signs, I think. I always spot on DPO 8 and 9, and no spotting yesterday or the day before (today is 10DPO). So, even if my chart is a day off, I should have spotted yesterday, but didn't. I also had some light cramping/tension last night as I was falling asleep and a bit this morning. I also had some dream that I can't really remember, but I woke in the middle of the night really happy, and for some reason thinking that I was pregnant. On the other hand, I had pretty sore breasts 4DPO until today, but no soreness or anything today. I'm definitely in a "meh" kind of mood today! So, I am not sure if I'll test on Thursday when FF says I can. I might wait until Friday if no AF by then.

Good luck to all you ladies. This is my first month playing the waiting game, and I feel totally batty! I keep telling myself that everything will happen in God's time, but I'm having a hard time "letting go, and letting God," if you know what I mean.

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#12 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 04:22 PM

I think I'm either 2 or 3 dpo now, so I'mma come in here finally I will be testing 1/17 or later. IF I get that far. I refuse to waste tests anymore unless there is a GOOD reason to!

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#13 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Just checking in...

It's funny how skeptical I am this cycle. I have good reason to be, but it's almost as if I'm bitter, or something. See, my last two cycles I had tons of pregnancy symptoms during my LP...Like the kind you don't make up (nausea, vomiting, heat flashes, tiredness, cramping) We really thought I might be pregnant (DH was "sure"). It's just so frustrating when you find that you're not, despite what you thought your body was telling you. It's almost strangely embarrassing. Who knows, technically, I could have been pg, and the HPT just couldn't pick it up that soon, but I doubt it.

In the "I'm Pregnant" forum, I started a thread asking who got pregnant from dtd way before ovulation. (cause that's my situation) I got more response than I expected. It's a pretty interesting read. http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1021224

I just posted my chart in my sig. (I got kind of lazy around
Christmas, because of all the traveling, so that's why there's such a huge gap in my temps.)

How's everyone else doing?
#14 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 07:14 PM

my cervix is low and medium today. That means af is probubly around the corner 9dpo. af is usually here between 10 and 12. so its the final days for me and my 2ww.

expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#15 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM99 View Post
jayemtee - I think you and I will be testing at about the same time. So yesterday, I was having lots of "feeling" and a little cramping, but today, not much of anything. Trying not to get my hopes up too much because I don't think we DTD on the right days. We were going along pretty well, but then got into a little "disagreement" and ended up sort of ignoring eachother in the evenings right in the period when we should have been trying...lol Oh well... guess we'll see. How's anyone else feeling?
Oooh, so great to have a POAS buddy, lol! Maybe you can keep me from doing it too early, as I'm already feeling tempted. I've been keeping track of AF and CM, but not temping, so I don't know exactly when O was, but I'm thinking we hit it pretty closely.
#16 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 07:50 PM

I think my 2WW is about over, too. I started spotting this afternoon, just very light pink/brown, which I always do around 8 or 9 DPO. I wanted to believe that it could be implantation spotting, but I've never had that with either of my other PGS. I assume I wouldn't have the usual spotting if I am PG (has anyone had any experience with this?) So, AF will surely be here in a couple of days.

This was our first cycle trying, and I knew in my head that it was unlikely that we'd get PG the first time out the gate, but I'm totally bummed. We were never "trying" with our other two, so I've never had this kind of cycle of trying, then waiting, then big disappointment, before. To make matters worse, my husband will be hardly sympathetic. Let's just say he consented to this (after almost 2 years of pleading), rather than agreed, if you know what I mean. If we never get PG, he'll be just fine with it.

Thanks for letting me rant a little. I am feeling really frustrated right now. Good luck to all the ladies that are still waiting. And to the ladies with AF knocking at the door...tell her this is her last visit!!!

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#17 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 09:52 PM

I'm nearing the end of my 2ww. My little mind trick that I played on myself seems to be working, as I have not run to the supermarket in a fit of insanity and bought more tests...the preg tests should arrive from amazon tomorrow.

I told myself I will wait till Sat morning to test (the day my period is due...) but I'll bet I start peeing on those bad boys as soon as the UPS driver leaves haha!

My gut says I ovulated on the 24th, but I can't be sure since I don't chart. I'm trying to hold out on poas since I don't know exactly when I ovulated.

I feel very alert and super awake -- if that makes any sense. My mood stopped swinging this week. And my breasts feel huge and soooo tender. This all could also mean that my "beloved aunt" is coming for a visit. Gah! Waiting! Good thing I'm almost done!
#18 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 PM

I would love to join too! I need something to distract me. I can't seem to think about anything else! I am about 6-7 dpo I think, expecting AF by 1/15 for sure. I feel like I have lots of symptoms but I'm afraid that I'm just paying way too close attention to my body! :
#19 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree View Post
I'm nearing the end of my 2ww. My little mind trick that I played on myself seems to be working, as I have not run to the supermarket in a fit of insanity and bought more tests...the preg tests should arrive from amazon tomorrow.

I told myself I will wait till Sat morning to test (the day my period is due...) but I'll bet I start peeing on those bad boys as soon as the UPS driver leaves haha!

My gut says I ovulated on the 24th, but I can't be sure since I don't chart. I'm trying to hold out on poas since I don't know exactly when I ovulated.

I feel very alert and super awake -- if that makes any sense. My mood stopped swinging this week. And my breasts feel huge and soooo tender. This all could also mean that my "beloved aunt" is coming for a visit. Gah! Waiting! Good thing I'm almost done!
we can test together AF will technically be late as of sat but I'd still only 13dpo.

I'm not sure when I o'd either since I didn't temp this month. But we dtd on day 3 of ewcm and high open soft cervix which closed and was firm the next day and dry cm...I'm half hoping I was right about O and half hoping I was wrong b/c new baby would be due 4d before dd's bday

#20 of 216 Old 01-06-2009, 11:56 PM

I'm in too... This is our first cycle "trying" after our miscarriage, and I'd love to get pregnant again right away. I know it's unlikely, but I can always hope. Last time we got a BFP the first cycle I checked CM and used a OPK. I did that this cycle too, so who knows...

We DTD a LOT this month, so there should have been plenty of swimmers up there waiting, lol. I'm 2 DPO now, and expecting AF 1/16. I have short cycles, so my wait is a little shorter, but last time I didn't test positive until about 14 or 15 DPO.

*sigh* I hate waiting...

ETA: I can definitely empathize with being hyper-alert to changes in your body during The Wait. I get paranoid about every little twinge!

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#21 of 216 Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 AM

I'll join your two week wait. DH is sure I'm pregnant since I have been sick the past week. (I get sick very, very early in pregnancies - the everything stinks, queasy, and lose my appetite sick.) This would make baby #3 for us. However I have LONG cycles and feel like this is the longest wait ever to know for sure. I can't test until early next week. I keep telling DH maybe I just have the flu since I don't want to get my own hopes up.

WAHM to a toddler, preschooler, and kindergarten student. 
:

#22 of 216 Old 01-07-2009, 02:52 PM

Well,
The UPS man dropped off my preg tests and I lasted all of 43 seconds before poas. Neg.

My period is not due until Saturday, so it's still early.

But, man!! I KNEW I should have kept waiting.

Brutal.

I have to travel for a funeral this weekend, so maybe I will bring the tests with me.
#23 of 216 Old 01-07-2009, 02:56 PM

Still no real symptoms, so I'm thinking this isn't my month Oh well, it's the first month we tried and actually we didn't even really try on the right days. Any news from anyone else?
#24 of 216 Old 01-07-2009, 03:10 PM

I'll join! I'm 8DPO today and I'll wait to test at least 12DPO

GuavaGirl, that is an interesting question - and you got some great answers (re: DTD days before O).

What is the shortest amount of days post ovulation that produced a BFP (for you personally or someone you know or online)?

:
#25 of 216 Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM

really bad cramps today, and extra cm. I'm guessing af is coming in the middle of the night tonight.

#26 of 216 Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree View Post
Well,
The UPS man dropped off my preg tests and I lasted all of 43 seconds before poas. Neg.

My period is not due until Saturday, so it's still early.

But, man!! I KNEW I should have kept waiting.

Don't feel bad! I was really bad today too. I think I am only 7dpo today. So I bought some tests just to have ready, but of course I bought extra and just had to try one out, because it can't hurt. Even though I know it's pretty close to impossible to test positive right now (as far as I know). Of course I did it anyway, and of course it was negative. I still have a whole week to wait! Agh! What is wrong with me? I guess I thought if it's early enough that I'm having symptoms (maybe I'm creating them myself), then maybe it would be positive...just maybe.
#27 of 216 Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 PM

I am 8DPO today and FF says I should test on 1-15-08 so I'd love to join in on the TWW but So im completely confused. I am still spotting for my 4th consecutive day now. from 5DPO till today 8DPO and idk why. It's very light spotting and sometimes only a lightly pink but mostly its brown discharge mixed in with my sticky white cm definitely not af. I was really hoping I would conceive this month as I was so positive I ovulated and had great bd'ing timing. Would this light spotting cause me to not implant if I do indeed have a fertile egg looking for a place to settle in? Or am I good as long as AF doesn't arrive. Could this still be implantation bleeding even though its lasted more than a day or two. my hubby jokingly told me not to worry that maybe I just had 2 eggs implant since twins run in both our families but really what are the chances of it even being one. Ugh im trying not to stress but at the same time i cant stop thinking what this could all mean.
#28 of 216 Old 01-07-2009, 09:01 PM

I am waiting. AF is due on Tuesday. At least I am down to less than a week now... I am reading but I try not to post, because it feeds my tendency to fret over it. Good luck, y'all.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#29 of 216 Old 01-08-2009, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

I'm out. AF came today.

This is really unusual because I'm not sad and bummed like normal. I think it's because the other times I thought I was pregnant, they would have been "oops" babies, with no start date of TTC in sight. (it took a little while to convince DH) ....but this time, I know we're starting TTC next cycle. So, that's pretty calming and comforting to me. However, I do have an appt. for pap smear today (that I've already rescheduled once), so now I'm wondering if I should give them a call. I think it might be a little yucky to do during AF.
#30 of 216 Old 01-08-2009, 02:12 PM

I'm out too. AF is here.

I'm also not heartbroken like I normally am. Because I think I know that having 2 babies with the same birthday isn't a good idea :P

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page