slow to start periods? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ever since my partner and I have started TTC (about 3 months) I have been having slow to start periods (Normally I am very regular kind of gal). I will have spotting a few days before then no period for 3-4 days.. what is going on here??? what is causing this?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#2 of 6 Old 01-13-2009, 04:11 PM

meaning that your periods are late/your cycles are longer?

Are you taking any herbs or supplements that you hadn't been taking before?

Did you stop BC before you started TTC?
#3 of 6 Old 01-13-2009, 07:43 PM

Hi rainbowmoon, I don't have an answer for you, but I am in the same boat from what it sounds like. I have spotting for a few days, then it goes away for a day or two, and then my period starts. How long are your cycles? Are you taking your basal temperature to know when you ovulate? I called my midwife to ask her if the spotting could prevent me from getting pregnant, and she said it's not likely. I've been trying to do as much research on this as I can, but I haven't been able to come up with much. We just barely started TTC, and I already have 2 sons, so I really have no reason to think that it will cause me any kind of problems getting PG. I'd be really interested in hearing what the other responses are to your question, though. Good luck!

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#4 of 6 Old 01-13-2009, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

my cycles are usually ALWAYS 29 days like clockwork (and have been this way since I was a teen). Now I usually get spotting at around 30 days then my period starts at like day 33 or 34.. I am not taking any herbs or supplements currently. I am not temping but can tell when I am ovulating (between cycle days 9-14) after charting for years..

the only thing we can think of is that I have been living in the NE the last 3 months and there is alot less sunlight compared to AZ (where I lived before)..could that make my cycles wonky?

we are also dealing with mold issues and I am back on asthma meds after 2 years of not using the, so not sure if that is affecting me!

ugh!!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#5 of 6 Old 01-13-2009, 08:48 PM

I've been reading about TCM as it relates to fertility, and the short answer to whether the things you mentioned can affect your cycle is yes.

The light thing can make a difference, as can just the simple fact of a lifestyle change associated with living in a colder climate.

brin, the Infertility Cure book speaks directly to spotting around your period, if it's something you want to look into more.
#6 of 6 Old 01-13-2009, 11:12 PM

Tresa: Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into it ASAP. I just want to know what's going on.

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page