TTC in 2009 with MACA - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
First ... 8  9  10
Trying To Conceive > TTC in 2009 with MACA
Lauren31's Avatar Lauren31 11:14 AM 03-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
Do you think maca is just not for some people?
My cycles, thanks to maca are shorter and I am ovulating a WEEK earlier than normally- Oing CD13/14.
BUT - Even lower (is that possible? lol) sex drive and very little ewcm!
I am even taking only 500mg this cycle around (the least I can take - one pill a day!).
So maybe its just not for me?
I did get pregnant last cycle on it but that one didnt stick around - which I dont think is macas fault - a whole other issue we are trying to figure out. But the rest is making things just worse and not better.
at that low of dose, I doubt it is the maca...

ann_of_loxley's Avatar ann_of_loxley 11:15 AM 03-12-2009
last cycle was the same though - despite me being on nearly 3000mg a day of maca.
BelovedK's Avatar BelovedK 11:17 AM 03-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
at that low of dose, I doubt it is the maca...

I have heard some people get stomach upset from maca, but mostly I hear good things about it.

Individual constitutions are different and it is impossible that one herb/supplement will be good for everyone. Listen to your gut, if it doesn't feel right to take it, then listen to yourself

(sorry about losing your pregnancy )
Lauren31's Avatar Lauren31 11:29 AM 03-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
last cycle was the same though - despite me being on nearly 3000mg a day of maca.
If you are uncomfortable taking it, I would not. It can't help you if you think it is destroying your libido... sometimes I think the mind is more powerful then the body.
Sunshine007's Avatar Sunshine007 04:09 PM 08-27-2009
Name: Susan
What kind of Maca you are taking: Maca Magic 500 mg/capsule
How much Maca you take: 2000 mg/day
How has it changed your cycle so far? Today is my first day! I took two capsules this morning and two this afternoon.

S-
Mountaingirl79's Avatar Mountaingirl79 05:59 PM 08-27-2009
Wow, I forgot this thread was still around! Hi Susan!

I'm taking about the same amount as you. Do you like it so far?

Is anyone else wanting to talk maca? I took my dose today and it doesn't make my stomach hurt anymore. :
Sihaya's Avatar Sihaya 06:38 PM 08-27-2009
So happy to see this thread back in action! I'm not TTC, but taking maca to even out my cycle so we can TTC in 2010. I just took my first dose today, too!

I'm using the Maca Magic powder and started with a 1/2 tsp. I plan on gradually increasing to 1 1/2 or 2 tsp, and maybe even a bit more than that around ovulation.
homebirthy's Avatar homebirthy 11:58 PM 08-27-2009
Name: Amy
What kind of Maca you are taking: Raw Organic Maca Powder, Navitas (though I really want to take the gelatinized- didn't have it in stock at Soulful Renaissance... http://www.soulfulrenaissance.com/price.html)
How much Maca you take: 1 heaping teaspoon in my kombucha with a tablespoon of Pure Synergy Greens and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. I really like the taste together- they really blend well. I started taking adding it to my morning green drink about 2 months ago.
How has it changed your cycle so far? I have more cervical mucus then I've had before. I have an easier time "warming up" when it's time for lovin'. I feel more energy.

I took maca two years ago for about 3 months to ttc my 5th and she was conceived the first try. I was 39 at the time.

I am currently nursing my 13 month old and getting ready to ttc #6 next cycle.

I am trying to chart but haven't been the last few weeks- baby keeps waking me up at different hours so my temps are all over the place. CM signs are right on the O day 14 and bring on AF 14 days later.
joobilee's Avatar joobilee 12:27 AM 08-28-2009
I hate to butt in the middle here but I am so excited to find people taking Maca!!! I'm on a different forum but it seems nobody there has tried it or has even heard of it.
I scanned through a few of the posts and it seems that Maca is a wonder root. I'm really curious how long it took for you guys to notice a difference? I have only been taking it for about a week 2tsp/day. Haven't noticed anything really, should I have noticed something by now?
And do any of your husbands take it? If so have they noticed any differences?
I'm sooo excited to find people with maca experience!!!
TIA
Sihaya's Avatar Sihaya 06:42 PM 09-03-2009
Checking back in to say that this stuff is awesome! I've only been taking it for a week and worked my way up from 0.5 tsp to 1.5 tsps and my energy level is astounding. The last two evenings I wasn't dragging at 9pm and the last two mornings I've woken up at 5am raring to go - that NEVER happens here! If I never see the fertility or libido effects, this change alone will make it worthwhile to take the maca, ttc or not!
Sihaya's Avatar Sihaya 08:54 AM 09-20-2009
Back to share the I got my first cycle taking maca! We were CTA and the maca moved my O date up by a week, so here we are. Good luck to everyone else TTC with maca!
gen24's Avatar gen24 11:42 AM 09-20-2009
Name:Gen
What kind of Maca you are taking: Navitas maca powder
How much Maca you take: 1 tbs per day
How has it changed your cycle so far? just started yesterday so waiting to see what happens

smeep's Avatar smeep 05:21 PM 09-20-2009
Name: Emy (smeep)

What kind of Maca you are taking:NOW Maca capsules (500mg)

How much Maca you take: 2,000mg (2 in morning, 1 in evening, 1 at night)

How has it changed your cycle so far?I just started about a week ago (right after O) so I'm not sure yet, but we'll see!
momtothebean's Avatar momtothebean 02:48 PM 09-21-2009
Can I ask everyone here a question about MACA? What exactly is it supposed to help with? Does it affect when you O?

I typically have a 26-28 day cycle with regular O between days 12 and 14. This month was nuts, I O'd on CD7 and should have AF this Friday or so.

I think I might be having some low progesterone in the latter part of my LP. Has anyone seen this problem helped by taking MACA?

Thanks.
trickymoo's Avatar trickymoo 03:13 AM 03-20-2013
here's to a huge jump in time ! I hope all of you ladies got your bfps !
sorry to bring up this thread again but I started Maca last weekend and am now on CD7. I'm taking the capsule form and I am really disliking the taste, even through the capsule yucks ! so I'm only taking 1500mg a day because I think it makes my tummy upset a bit. my cycles are 25/26 days and I O around cd13 so I'm really hoping the maca won't screw up my cycles so much. anyway I was so excited to read all your inputs and hope to see more maca TTCers joining in smile.gif
First ... 8  9  10

Up