TTC in 2009 with MACA - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2009, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
It's only a problem if you don't have sex! I think missing the egg would be the bad thing about oing early!
LOL! Ok...so it won't be a problem.

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 PM

I Od on cd10!! and I only BD once in the window. I conceived (even though it didn't stick) I conceived though. I think it is a great thing. Last month was my first month of charting, and I am looking forward to learning more about my LP.

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 03-05-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I Od on cd10!! and I only BD once in the window. I conceived (even though it didn't stick) I conceived though. I think it is a great thing. Last month was my first month of charting, and I am looking forward to learning more about my LP.
Well, maybe I am Oing early...I am new to all this and the tips and advice from everyone on here has me hooked. I get on this site before I even get on Facebook now...

So I have a pretty normal cycle (generally 28 days), but there are some months that they have only been 25 days and last month was 32. It's been wacky since being off BC...

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:54 PM

Just had some sharp pains start shooting through the right side of my pelvic area...had some dull pain earlier in the week though too. I've seen some posts that said they felt O pain, but I don't know what that is. It's amazing all the things your body does and you don't notice or think about it til you're trying to get pregnant...

Can anyone tell me the signs of ovulation other than EWCM?

I am one lucky lady!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:37 PM

I ordered a nice sized relatively inexpensive bottle of organic maca magic liquid...it came in the mail today. I was going to wait until next cycle to start taking it...but I took 45 drops in water as soon as I got it inside. Tastes like a tincture to me.

Or should I wait until next cycle? I'm ovulating right now...or close to it.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post
I ordered a nice sized relatively inexpensive bottle of organic maca magic liquid...it came in the mail today. I was going to wait until next cycle to start taking it...but I took 45 drops in water as soon as I got it inside. Tastes like a tincture to me.

Or should I wait until next cycle? I'm ovulating right now...or close to it.
This is my first month taking Maca...but from what others have told me, it's fine to start taking whenever. I started taking mine on CD7 and hoping it works this cycle. There are several women who got pregnant taking it their first or second cycle...so : for all of us on this thread.

I am one lucky lady!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:23 PM

OOh. I am so curious about the maca liquid. Is it as efficient as the powder? I already choke on the EFA supplement. Don't want ot choke on maca as well. I am still waiting to start it (3 weeks of purification program). I can't wait to TTC again. :
: for all!

sleepytime.gif
Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 PM

anyone get the jitters after taking maca?

like...too much caffiene. Lasts a short while, but defnitely a CHARGE of energy.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:

like...too much caffiene. Lasts a short while, but defnitely a CHARGE of energy.
Nope- I do gag though. Seriously- that stuff is frickin' NASTY. BLECH!!!!!

Actually, I'm still waiting for that amazing sex drive to kick in, though! I'm expecting AF any day now (we're going to start TTC with this cycle) and I can't wait to get started!

Sheila, mother to William and Min Hee, wife of David
Old 03-06-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:

I haven't gotten the jitters, but I've only taken it three times. It gags me too...it was all I could do not to puke my first time. I took it with orange juice this morning and it was much better. Still nasty aftertaste, but much easier to gulp down.

Good luck!

I am one lucky lady!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:46 PM

Yeah, Maca arrived this morning!: Didn't manage to take it yet though as have been out all day, gonna start tomorrow morning. Have bought the gelatized one and not sure how much to take what do you recommend?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:47 PM

Have smelt it in the packet and I must admit compared to the last one I had, it smells yummy. We shall see tomorrow!:
Old 03-06-2009, 07:50 PM

Soz about this, lol. Keep adding things but I had appointment with my consultant today and he has referred me on for IUI and has written out prescription. I have a training class booked on Monday at 2pm to learn how to self inject but not sure if hubby can attend(he has to be there) if he can't we will have to wait until May to begin instead of April!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:17 PM

Pixielou - which kind did you get? I am trying to figure out where to get my Maca. I would like it to be organic, and not too disgusting if possible.

sleepytime.gif
Old 03-07-2009, 08:53 AM

Okay, DH bought me some maca today, so I'm joining you ladies now.

I tried it when he got home and it's nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. The powder actually tasted kind of good dry, sort of like halva (a tahini-based Middle Eastern dessert that's kind of dry and crumbly and powdery itself) but not quite as sweet. I mixed it with a shot of rice milk, and it didn't taste as good then as it did dry (I doubt I could eat a whole teaspoon of it dry!), but it wasn't horrible and it went down easily.

I definitely noticed a pick-me-up effect, because I was exhausted from making myself run errands after getting very bad news this morning (my grandma passed away), but I felt much better about fifteen minutes after the maca.

Oh, and the brand he got is Herbs America Maca Magic. Hope that's a good one...I'm afraid now to get a different one and not be able to stand the taste, since this one is bearable.

Cloud, mommy to her happy little Nimbus, born 11/09!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:03 PM

Cloud- I am glad you like it. I always liked the taste of the maca too hahaha I guess we are odd or something

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Old 03-07-2009, 04:01 PM

naw, i like the taste too. YUM!!! I was actually CRAVING it!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Haha, good, I'm not nuts. No, I saw that some people liked it, and I hoped I'd be one of them, but it's hard to tell...I like a lot of strange things, and I absolutely hate a lot of other strange things! DH, who eats just about anything (vegetarian, that is), liked it less than I did.

Cloud, mommy to her happy little Nimbus, born 11/09!
Old 03-08-2009, 01:39 PM

I have been taking Maca for ovweer a month now and waiting for my cycle to return PP. I have been having ovarian twinges and breast soreness for a few days now and feel like maybe I am getting closer to possibly Oing but I used a ovulation test and there is no LH at all yet. I have always been one to feel ovulation and I usually get a cyst so at least it is good to feel my body starting up again. I just hope I finally O and my body returns to normal. My son is 11mo old and I didn't get my cycle back with my first son till 21mo but he was also a mega nurser. I just hope this is it

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

Old 03-08-2009, 01:54 PM

I just got some gelatanized maca powder from amazon sun. It's organic. Anyone want to comment on this? What is "gelatanized"? What's the difference between this and the "powder" cause it looks the same to me and says that it is vegan so doesn't have gelatin in it or anything...?

PS, it's DELICIOUS!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
Old 03-09-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinak1977 View Post
Pixielou - which kind did you get? I am trying to figure out where to get my Maca. I would like it to be organic, and not too disgusting if possible.
Hi Marina, I got my maca from a company in the UK called Plant Spirit. It is gelatinized maca althiough they do raw also.

www.plantspirit.co.uk/introduction.html
Old 03-09-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbutterfly View Post
Okay, DH bought me some maca today, so I'm joining you ladies now.

I tried it when he got home and it's nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. The powder actually tasted kind of good dry, sort of like halva (a tahini-based Middle Eastern dessert that's kind of dry and crumbly and powdery itself) but not quite as sweet. I mixed it with a shot of rice milk, and it didn't taste as good then as it did dry (I doubt I could eat a whole teaspoon of it dry!), but it wasn't horrible and it went down easily.

I definitely noticed a pick-me-up effect, because I was exhausted from making myself run errands after getting very bad news this morning (my grandma passed away), but I felt much better about fifteen minutes after the maca.

Oh, and the brand he got is Herbs America Maca Magic. Hope that's a good one...I'm afraid now to get a different one and not be able to stand the taste, since this one is bearable.
Hi Cloudbutterfly, Sorry to hear your news about your Grandma

Glad you managed to 'get the maca down' and that it's picked you up a bit!

Pixie
X
Old 03-09-2009, 08:57 AM

Hi ladies,

hope you all had a good weekend!

Well it's about my third day of my new maca and I'm trying new ways to 'get it down':

Yesterday I made a hot chocolate with::
1 x Green & Blacks Organic Cocoa
half organic oat milk
half organic cows milk
2 x teaspoons of maca
and some organic brown sugar.
It was lovely, asked hubby if wanted maca inhis and he declined and I tasted his to compare it to mine and his wasn't a patch on mine. The maca made a creamy and I could hardly taste it.

This Morning I made a smoothie with::
1 x organic banana
organic soya milk
2 x teaspoons of maca
2 x teaspoons of Organic Biona Nut Butter.
It made a huge glass and it was delicious!

Hi Jul511riv:
My understanding of gelatinized maca, from what I have googled is that it does noes contain gelatin and gelatinization is the process whereby the starches are removed from the maca and this produces a more concentrated product that is apparently easier to digest and also mixes well into foods.

So... keep well ladies and sending us all some :: and so that we all get our
Old 03-09-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
I just got some gelatanized maca powder from amazon sun. It's organic. Anyone want to comment on this? What is "gelatanized"? What's the difference between this and the "powder" cause it looks the same to me and says that it is vegan so doesn't have gelatin in it or anything...?

PS, it's DELICIOUS!!!
Gelatinization is just the cooking process, I believe. I don't think they add any gelatin.
It's supposed to be more concentrated than regular powder.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Okay...
Well, I haven't been taking maca that long (about a week?). We are going to start TTC this cycle which, incidentally, should have started either yesterday or today.
For the past few months I've been on a 26 day or 27 day cycle, and last month I had a 25 day cycle. I wonder if the maca is affecting my cycle in any way at all. I have all of the normal pms symptoms so I know it's coming. I feel a if it has been forever since my last AF...

Old 03-09-2009, 02:03 PM

Maca's a bit more palatable with apple juice. Just wanted to share!

Old 03-09-2009, 11:55 PM

I'm back on the maca bandwagon... stopped taking it last year because the taste was just too much for me, but I just encapsulated a bunch of the powder and will be taking it that way. I need something to work... 15 months is just way too long.

We need to start a new thread though. I'd volunteer to keep it but I'm just not on MDC enough anymore.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
I'm back on the maca bandwagon... stopped taking it last year because the taste was just too much for me, but I just encapsulated a bunch of the powder and will be taking it that way. I need something to work... 15 months is just way too long.

We need to start a new thread though. I'd volunteer to keep it but I'm just not on MDC enough anymore.
Hi woodland fairy! I can start a new thread if you like?
X
Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 AM

I started a new thread, I hope I didn't step on any toes

I was bored, and I thought it would be a nice time for a new thread, as we step into spring

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1053536

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 03-12-2009, 10:08 AM

Do you think maca is just not for some people?
My cycles, thanks to maca are shorter and I am ovulating a WEEK earlier than normally- Oing CD13/14.
BUT - Even lower (is that possible? lol) sex drive and very little ewcm!
I am even taking only 500mg this cycle around (the least I can take - one pill a day!).
So maybe its just not for me?
I did get pregnant last cycle on it but that one didnt stick around - which I dont think is macas fault - a whole other issue we are trying to figure out. But the rest is making things just worse and not better.

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!

User Tag List