5 DPO........testing already*UPDATE 8DPO BFP - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-22-2009, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sheesh, where has all my self control gone? I had three frer tests left over from last cycles misshap and I told myself I would start testing this cycle at 10 DPO. Well yesterday I thought I would just take one for fun and as soon as I saw that bfn I knew I was going to be testing every freakin morning until I was either sure I wasn't pregnant or got that bfp.

My logical side knows implantation won't even occur for another few days but the TTC side says, "So what. What's wrong with testing now. Can't hurt."

So lastnight I went and bought two 3 packs of equate cheapies so I could test every day. POAS.com says equate are just as good if not better than frer. So I will use those until I run out and then start in with the 2 remaining frer's.

Well if nothing else it will be an experiment to see how many DPO you can actually get a bfp. I won't be 10 DPO until tuesday and I think that is when I would get a +. Well that is usually when I do get them anyways.

But I am secretly keeping my fingers crossed for an 8 DPO bfp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 PM

hahaha I know what you mean-- I am 5 dpo too-- I have a bunch of cheapos from the internet--- if AF doesn't come first, I plan to test on 10DPO-- last month my LP was only 9 - 10 days, so eesh.

I still find it hard to believe I am 5 DPO... last night I even drank wine bc I just can't wrap my finger around the fact that I ovulated again. . I think now, me worrying about it is doing more harm then wine could ever do before implantation! That said, no more wine until AF or my BFP (in which case, I would drink sparkling cider!!!) hahahaha

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Old 01-22-2009, 01:32 PM

Personal opinion - Answer is the best test there is. It's not much more than store brand and it's super sensitive. I detected a chemical pregnancy with a beta of 6 with an Answer test - it was a faint line but it was pink and it was real. Have never seen an evap line on an answer test - have actually only ever seen one evap line in my life, on an Equate test - but have taken lots of equate tests w/o evap lines, not knocking the brand, just staring a fact.

Anyway. I think I have read 6dpo is the earliest implantation is likely to occur, as it takes 6 days for the egg to make its way down the tube. So by that logic, going on the whole "2 days to register" assumption that seems to float around, 8dpo would be the earliest you can test. Sorry!

But a disclaimer - my last pregnancy I vowed to hold off on testing till 9dpiui/o. At 6dpiui I ended up in the hospital with ovarian hyperstimulation sundrome and gigantic rupturing cysts. Pregnancy tends to trigger/worsen OHSS. They did a blood level on me and told me it was negative, I wasn't preg - but they didn't give me a number. I took them at their word and anyway it was too early right? I tested at 9dpiui and got a + on an answer test. I called my nurse and asked if she could get the ER records, if they did a quant or a qual test, and what was it. She said the beta had been 6 - which is technically pregnant so I don't know why they said I wasn't!!!

ANYWAY - If I HAD tested at 6dpo that cycle with an Answer test, I ... well, I probably wouldn't have gotten a + because I'd have tested in the AM. I suspect implantation happened that afternoon - I remember laying in bed reading and feeling "something" but thinking it was probably in my head. So if I had tested at 7dpo - I would have had a + on an Answer test.

Can't vouch for any other brand as Answer just happens to be what I used when I had my chemical (The hospital trip was not a chemical, it was a few months later)

Hope that makes sense. I say day 7 is probably the earliest, and you have to use the right test.

DS T 11/16/03 DDs K & E 3/28/08
nak DS S 4/1/11
Old 01-22-2009, 01:41 PM

Ha ha ha! I don't usually post in here because we have our own ridiculous testing thread in the TTC after loss forum, but I started at 5dpo with our last cycle too. IT always makes me so happy to know I am not alone in my madness! Check out The Ridiculous Testing Thread when you get a chance. It will make you feel better.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
Old 01-22-2009, 02:04 PM

Oh my goodness people Put down the tests and walk away.
No but seriously why would you test days before you know it is even possible to register a pos+ I think the earliest I ever poas was day 9 and I thought I had lost my mind testing that early.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 01-22-2009, 03:47 PM

Carlitoswife, I hope you get your bfp really soon : I'm rooting for you

Runnerduck, I'm going to try Answer. Thanks for the recommendation

jog.gifkid.gif

Old 01-22-2009, 03:55 PM

I think if you're going to be POAS from 5DPO on every cycle, you need to get yourself a whole slew of cheapie internet tests. You will save yourself tons of $ that way!

Oh, and to add into the whole "how early can you test +?" question, in the 7 pg's I have had, I tested + at 9DPO with 4 of them. The others I waited longer, so I don't know if it would have been + then or not. And I never tried earlier, but I would think 8DPO is pushing the very limits of the early + envelope.

Good luck, Carlito's wife, and I hope you get to see two lines soon!

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
Oh my goodness people Put down the tests and walk away.
No but seriously why would you test days before you know it is even possible to register a pos+ I think the earliest I ever poas was day 9 and I thought I had lost my mind testing that early.

I just like to pee on things. If I was a dog, I would need a hydrant.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
Old 01-22-2009, 05:13 PM

Oh, I SO needed this thread today!!! I tested at 8DPO, then of course FF up and changed my O date (thanks heaps) which then made it 6DPO! And now I want to test again, but I'm controlling the urge. It's just hard to explain why I WANT to test! I know logically it makes no sense, but its like the possibility of hope.

Mum to Quinn, Aug 14th 2010
Old 01-22-2009, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Well I don't know about all of you ladies, but there are 2 words that best describe why I test this early..........1.Obsession and 2.boredom.

I want to be pregnant so bad and to boot I am a stay at home mom so I have nothing better to do than POAS every morning.

Oh yeah and Lisa nc, I just have to tell you that your comment was freakin hillarious!!!!!!!!!

Ok so you guys check back in tomorrow because first thing in the morning I am going to post to this thread my poas results. I will only be 6 DPO but who knows, maybe ff is wrong and I Oed when I think I did. That would put me at 8 DPO.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 PM

moved it to the thread where I meant it to be! =)

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

Old 01-24-2009, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

6 DPO/bfn/very slight temp drop
Old 01-24-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito's_wife View Post
6 DPO/bfn/very slight temp drop
I think it is too early for a temp drop I bet it's your body fluctuating.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

7 DPO/calling it a bfn. Noticed a difference in the test line but still in the evap or shadow category.

Now I have to try and show a little control and not allow myself to test again today. My origional plan was to use all of the equate tests (ONLY 1 PER DAY) until I ran out and then work on the two remaining frer's. But if in any event I got what appeared to be a possible bfp but I was unclear then I would allow myself to use a frer with the stipulation that I used the same urine that I got the questionable bfp with.

Well, I held onto my tiny cup of fmu for about 5 minutes before decideing I had staired at the test just way too long and there was no line. Tossed out the fmu and no sooner than I did, I thought I saw what might be the early stages of a bfp. :

But I gotta stick to the plan or else I will end up using all my tests today by noon lol.

So I guess tomorrow I will either see nothing or possibly something. Kinda exciting. Can't wait for tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:08 PM

7 DPO is too early for a BFP Call it a day and wait until tomorrow.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:40 PM

And I was feeling guilty that I started testing at 9 dpo! lol I bought enough dollar tree tests to test every day thankfully! I'm totally obsessing over an almost undetectable line that is probably an evap.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
Old 01-24-2009, 06:51 PM

Carlitos_wife, I enjoy reading your posts. I hope you get a bfp very soon :

jog.gifkid.gif

Old 01-24-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatianaTiger View Post
Carlitos_wife, I enjoy reading your posts. I hope you get a bfp very soon :

Me too! I'll be stalking this thread!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStarFalling View Post
And I was feeling guilty that I started testing at 9 dpo! lol I bought enough dollar tree tests to test every day thankfully! I'm totally obsessing over an almost undetectable line that is probably an evap.
You should post a pic!

Old 01-24-2009, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man I am in trouble lol. I was kinda like sneaking upstairs to bust out with one of the frers : and DH caught me..........why do I have to have a friggin sensable DH? He took away all my toys. He locked away all my tests in the safe and put the key on his keychain. He says he is not giving me any of them until monday and then after that only every other day if I don't get a bfp.

Ok so it's alright. I am not going to flip just yet. I always keep a secret test in my purse wallet for emergancies. Is tomorrow an emergancy? Why yes, yes it is. I can't update everyday if I don't test everyday lol.

So......I will see you all tomorrow morning.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Oh man I am in trouble lol. I was kinda like sneaking upstairs to bust out with one of the frers : and DH caught me..........why do I have to have a friggin sensable DH? He took away all my toys. He locked away all my tests in the safe and put the key on his keychain. He says he is not giving me any of them until monday and then after that only every other day if I don't get a bfp.

Ok so it's alright. I am not going to flip just yet. I always keep a secret test in my purse wallet for emergancies. Is tomorrow an emergancy? Why yes, yes it is. I can't update everyday if I don't test everyday lol.

So......I will see you all tomorrow morning.
OMG! Your post is cracking me up! You really have a test in your purse?! That, my friend, is too funny!!!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

8 DPO/possible bfp/probable bfn

Tee hee

DH has pronounced me the sneakiest wife on the planet. He knew what I was doing when I tip toed into the bathroom this morning and locked the door.

When my time was up I finally emerged from the bathroom with DH just sitting on the corner of the bed giggleing at me.

We both agreed there was something on the test and we both agreed that it was inconclusive. I used an old equate test from god knows when. Since it was not from the same batch I can't rule out evap or shadow because we all know same brand but different box= who knows.

To me the line most resembles a shadow. Def not an evap but it could easily be just a shadow from the little indent where the dye is supposed to collect. Had this come from the same box I would call it a bfp because none of the other tests had this line but at this point I just don't know.

I decided to post a pic for you guys. I know that more than likely you won't see anything at all in my little equate pic but I had to post it for those of you who are curious. I can barely see it with the naked eye so I wouldn't expect any of you will see it.

I have to say this is so much fun!!!! I am actually not stressed at all about whether it is a bfp or bfn. I am much more worried about my little expirament. Lol. So I am guessing if it is a bfn still in the next few days I will just chalk it up to a confusing test, but if I get a clear bfp tomorrow or tuesday I will get to proudly say I got my first bfp at 8dpo.

Hmmmmm, I wonder what will happen tomorrow.

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hering1ov0.jpg

So I did kinda wanna post 2 pics. The natural one and then a tweaked one. You know, with adjusted saturation and inverted colors and all of that so I could "make" you guys see the line.......but that's kind of like cheating right? I won't do that.

Ok ladies. Hope you all are having fun reading my crazy woman POAS everyday post. Stay tuned...........

*EDIT
I forgot to tell you guys some very important information. When DH saw the test he gave me a frer (cuz they are supposed to be so superior and all). Luckily but gross I had forgotten to toss my cup of fmu that was sitting on the side of the toilet and we used that. Negative negative negative. No evap, shadow, or any other type of line. Total bfn.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, 9DPO/def bfp :::

I was pretty sure I saw a line yesterday but I couldn't really prove it to you guys since it wasn't dark enough to show up on cam........but todays is dark enough. Whooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!

The post above is my first bfp and this link is to the pick of my 9DPO bfp.

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hering2vp0.jpg
Old 01-26-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Okay, 9DPO/def bfp :::

I was pretty sure I saw a line yesterday but I couldn't really prove it to you guys since it wasn't dark enough to show up on cam........but todays is dark enough. Whooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!

The post above is my first bfp and this link is to the pick of my 9DPO bfp.

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hering2vp0.jpg
:

That is GOOD news!!!! Congratulations, it makes me want to test (I am around 8 or 9 dpo) I am too afraid of a bfn though, I am waiting until Feb 5th ( if af doesn't show) but that is GREAT! :

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 01-26-2009, 11:25 AM

congratulations!

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

Old 01-26-2009, 11:29 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!

homeschool.gif mama to DS6modifiedartist.gif and DD1fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 01-26-2009, 11:44 AM

Congratulations!!!!! :::
Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Geesh im 8dpo now im wantin to go buy some test!!!!!! And by the way CONGRATS!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 12:42 PM

Congrats!!! I tested this morning too and it was BFN. Oh well! Perhaps I need an equate test

Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 PM

Oh how wonderful! Congratulations!:

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

User Tag List