Stomach doing flips...what do you think? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, my head is spinning here!. Sorry, this is going to be a bit of a ramble but I'm so confused what to think!

DH and I have been ttc for a while since DD. Well, DH has been undecided but "not preventing" and I have been actively ttc of course, lol!!

I'm BF DD every 3-4hours. I was annovulatory for months after DD was born and finally started to ovulate ( confirmed by opk's and thermal shift). However my LP was only 5 days with the first cycle, so I started taking Vitex and B6. The second cycle my LP was still only 5 days. So, I get to this 3rd cycle and get a positive opk on CD 17 & 18 ( and BD on those days)then a temp shift on CD20. My temps stayed high all that week but I also started with a sore throat.

By CD27, 8DPO my sore throat turned into a very bad cold/flu. I was going hot and cold and had very bad sinusitis pain, headaches, migraines - just felt awful so I started lots of natural remedies. DD also decided to increase the nursing at night since she is teething. My temps were higher than i have ever seen them ( though I don't think enough to class as a fever). On 11DPO, I still felt ill and had some very light spotting, just a few marks in my underwear ( sorry if TMI, LOL) one time and that was it. It didn't seem at all like AF but then again I was ill. I thought it might be implantation bleeding and tested. I got a very, very faint line but at 10minutes and the tests I am using have a cut off time of 5minutes. So I called it a BFN. I still felt really sick and went to the doctors and she gave me some antibiotics and decongestant because she said I had a very bad sinus infection ( I know, I know,I rarely take them but I'm feeling so ill). I tested again on 13DPO and , I got a very faint line again but RIGHT ON the 5 minute mark. I tested yesterday and the same faint line but at 4 minutes. Today , 15DPO I tested FMU with FRER and got ( I think) a BFP.

BUT, I am so nervous, I mean, I'm ill right? I'm taking antibiotics and decongestants, I still have really bad sinus pain. Is this a BFP or is it because I am sick? Should I stop the medications? Can meds/illness effect the test? Do you think this is a genuine positive?

The faintness of the line this late worries me. I had a very strong line with DD at 12DPO. The last time I had a faint line like this at 14DPO I m/c at 13 weeks., but I'm nursing now so that's maybe why right? I'm just so wary of being excited this early?

I haven't even told DH yet as he has been really stressed at work and was starting to have second thoughts about ttc - this will stress him out even further ...ugh, my stomach is flipping....

Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d4c1

These are some photos of the tests: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27926738@N03/

What do you think? I daren't even called them positive on FF yet!

#2 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 01:13 PM

FWIW I am a die-hard Answer girl (like the test, not that I have all the answers) - and I was pregnant with triplets, and didn't see a super dark line till 15dpo, at which point my beta was 340something, which is pretty high. I am 99% sure Answer is the same as FRER but much cheaper, just fyi So if you want to obsess over darkness of the tests, I think you're safe.

As for DH being unsure now - well, can't help ya there. I think they usually come around, LOL

DS T 11/16/03 DDs K & E 3/28/08
nak DS S 4/1/11
#3 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 01:16 PM

: Congrats, Mama!

Those lines look good to me--I never tested positive until 15 DPO with DS. Every pregnancy can be different.

Someone else might know more, but my understanding was that a BFP is a BFP. Certain hormones can mimic hCG, but it doesn't sound to me like anything you're on could do that. Being sick isn't going to give you a BFP. I would notify your doctor right away, though, because you are on prescription meds. She will know if they should be stopped.

Take care of yourself!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#4 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 01:21 PM

Actually I think only HCG will show up as HCG. HCG can mimmick LH which is why you trigger with HCG if doing treatments, and which is why an OPK will turn + if you are preg, but the reverse isn't true.

And the only reason to have HCG in your body is you are pregnant or you have an HCG secreting tumor. So you've either got a tumor or you're pregnant.

And the tumors are rare.

DS T 11/16/03 DDs K & E 3/28/08
nak DS S 4/1/11
#5 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 01:22 PM

Yeah, absolutely positive.

Is that a regular First Response, or is it Early Result? Because I could have sworn that FR gives you 10 min., but I don't have experience with the FRER.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#6 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 PM

Definately Positive! No doubt. Definately not an evap line either - those are really pink. Congratulations!!! : : I second telling your doctor and the doctor will know whether to stop the meds.

As far as it being light, I think every pregnancy can be different, and what will happen will happen - so just enjoy it!!!
#7 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much mamas, I will call my doctor today, though I gave DH the car and have no way of getting to see her if she wants to do a test..( we live in the bush). Wish I hadn't now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne1140 View Post
Yeah, absolutely positive.

Is that a regular First Response, or is it Early Result? Because I could have sworn that FR gives you 10 min., but I don't have experience with the FRER.
Yes it is the early result one - so it syas on the packet and says on the instructions to read after 3 mins and NOT to read a negative after ten. I guess that's cos of evap lines right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerDuck View Post
Actually I think only HCG will show up as HCG. HCG can mimmick LH which is why you trigger with HCG if doing treatments, and which is why an OPK will turn + if you are preg, but the reverse isn't true.
oh, I didn't know that, perhaps I'll go and use up a bunch of my opk's to obesess more, lol!

#8 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 04:31 PM

Those are lines, and they are NOT that light! They are definite lines. Those meds will not impact your test... You're really pg! Congratulations!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#9 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mosaic,
I'm stoked and my head is spinning, but I have to call my doc about the meds and I'm wondering how to break it to DH because it's prob the last thing he wants to hear right now. Woah, I had writtten this off for another few months but I'm so grateful :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page