February ***CONCEIVING in our 20's*** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it possible to be pregnant if I am 16 DPO and still got BFN this morning?

Heather, Vegan Dietitian, Wife to DH since 9-04, mom to Pepper : and mom to born 10/09
#122 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post
If you live near Boston, MA, I have someone awesome I could recommend-- my therapist, who dealt with infertility herself and counseled couples for years.
Nowhere near, but thanks!

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#123 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 10:58 AM

7dpo!! I am getting impatient. I went to CVS yesterday and got a 3 pack of PG test. Dumb move on my part. Now they are sitting in my bathroom just calling my name. Even though I know I wont get a positive at 7dpo. I am feeling hopeful though because I have had alot of cramping and I dont remember that last cycle.
#124 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 AM

I just found out that one of my good friends who is 33 weeks pregnant just lost the baby. She had high blood pressure and passed out so they took her in and the baby was gone. My heart is broken for her. I cant imagine. They tried over a year to get pregnant and she has had a hard pregnancy too. I feel so bad, but am kinda clueless as to how to help them ya know?
#125 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
I just found out that one of my good friends who is 33 weeks pregnant just lost the baby. She had high blood pressure and passed out so they took her in and the baby was gone. My heart is broken for her. I cant imagine. They tried over a year to get pregnant and she has had a hard pregnancy too. I feel so bad, but am kinda clueless as to how to help them ya know?
oh wow... that is so incredibly sad. I honestly don't think you can help her, except to just be there for her. Wow... that is devestating.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#126 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
7dpo!! I am getting impatient. I went to CVS yesterday and got a 3 pack of PG test. Dumb move on my part. Now they are sitting in my bathroom just calling my name. Even though I know I wont get a positive at 7dpo. I am feeling hopeful though because I have had alot of cramping and I dont remember that last cycle.

That's how it was for me this morning. I knew I shouldn't test, but I just couldn't help myself, and then I was sad when I got a BFN. It's only my 2nd cycle TTC, but the waiting is so hard!

Good luck to you! Hang in there! :

Heather, Vegan Dietitian, Wife to DH since 9-04, mom to Pepper : and mom to born 10/09
#127 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Oh, how heartbreaking. It really is hard to imagine a loss so late in the pregnancy. I know there is a forum for pregnancy/child loss on these boards, and there would probably be lots of women who have walked in your friend's shoes and would share some ways you can help your friend.

My miscarriages were very early, but I still wanted to talk about them, and I wanted people to remember my children. Everyone is different, of course, and your friend might not be so open. But my gut reaction is always to be a listening ear, to cry with her, and to not be afraid to mention her baby by name in the months and even years that follow.

I'm really sorry this has happened to you and your friend.

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#128 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 11:31 AM

Shannon there's no right thing to say in that situation, in fact there is nothing anyone can say to help the situation. Just be there for her and give her plenty of hugs. Try to be normal around her and do whatever she wants. What I don't want is people constantly saying I'm sorry for your loss as I can't deal with other people's grief and that's what upsets me.

You can get memorial jewlery so maybe at some point suggest it to her and help her choose something.

Try to help her get through one day at a time instead of getting overwhelmed by it all and wondering how she'll cope a month or two months down the line.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#129 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 11:33 AM

Do you all think there is something odd going on-- I have had two days of light flow and now its all about gone... and my temps are about .3 degrees higher this time during AF....

#130 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
Do you all think there is something odd going on-- I have had two days of light flow and now its all about gone... and my temps are about .3 degrees higher this time during AF....
That sounds a lot like my cycles. I have a short period and my temps stay pretty high until about CD 4 or 5. Your temp will probably go down more in the next couple of days. You can see my last 7 charts in my FF homepage to see what I mean.

Brin, wife to my best friend , mother of three . and now homeschooling!!!
#131 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 11:50 AM

Thanks, Brin. Are your period that light? I thought light periods were bad or something...

ps- did you test??!! Your temps look great!

#132 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 11:53 AM

Mrs Compgeek - I'm so sorry for your friends loss.

Lauren - I have no idea, but I was reading on FF that your temp can be high or low during AF, or be very erratic, and all is "normal". As each persons hormones change differently.

I'm just waiting for ol' AF to show up. Part of me is glad that I peed on so many sticks. Because now I know that even though AF is "late" (by only one day in my mind, but FF is saying that it isn't due till tomorrow now), I know I'm not pregnant. Because the little stick said so. That and I am PMSing (not pregnancy) and have AF symptoms not pregnancy symptoms. On the other hand I feel like I wasted $6 buying all those "sticks".

Anyways I have Feb cycle to look forward to, and some wine! And seriously, being hugely pregnant in the summertime isn't fun!

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#133 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
How heartbreaking. I think the other ladies offered some wonderful suggestions in regards to how to help out.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#134 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 12:52 PM

Thanks guys! Im just so heartbroken for her. And Im really worried about her because she had a miscarriage last year right around this time now this, Im really worried about her bouncing back emotionally from this. This baby was definetly wanted. Her son is 4 and was so excited for a baby brother. I am very worried about him. If any of you pray please just say a pray for her and her family and especially her son. They just finished the nursery so I am sure its going to be hard to come home today and see it all.
Im scared to death now that If I am pregnant how to tell her? Its gonna be sooo hard.
#135 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Shannon- That's horrible what happened to your friend. Take her flowers, make her dinners, listen to her mourn, and give her lots of hugs.

Lauren- I've seen charts where temps take a few days to get back down to baseline. I wouldn't worry about it.

GL everybody in the 2WW!!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#136 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
Thanks, Brin. Are your period that light? I thought light periods were bad or something...

ps- did you test??!! Your temps look great!
My periods are medium to heavy on CD 1 and 2, and then get pretty light for about 2 days. I've read a bunch of info about period flow and length, and none of it is conclusive. I had very light periods when I go PG with my last son, so it didn't seem to affect my fertility then. I think the concern some people have is whether or not your flow is indicative of how thick your endometrial lining is, and if it's thick enough for implantation to occur. I've heard before that your body actually absorbs some of the lining, so what comes out might not be indicative of how much was in there in the first place. I don't think this is something you need to worry about. Your cycles are just now becoming normal, so it's not fair to say this is "normal" or not for you until you have a few more cycles to compare it to. I hope that helps a little.

AFM: I am too nervous to test. I'm going to wait until Thursday the 5th so I can be more certain that it will be +. I am very hopeful!

#137 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 02:15 PM

first off mscompgeek- i am so sorry to hear about your friends loss. that really is heartbreaking.

well i think today i will consider myself 1dpo. i had a pos opk this morning but it was not as dark as the last two days, and i also used my FMU so i will retest later as i am using Answer Brand, and i have been reading a lot of descrepencies

In Love since 2007. Forever missing our unborn angels 04/06~10/08~03/09 TTC for over 2yrs Praying for a 2010 : healthy baby
#138 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 PM

Lauren, my temps are usually high during AF and any amount of bleeding is pretty normal.

AFM: 9DPO. FF says AF should come on Sunday. Waiting Waiting..

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#139 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
Lauren, my temps are usually high during AF and any amount of bleeding is pretty normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinalicious View Post
My periods are medium to heavy on CD 1 and 2, and then get pretty light for about 2 days. I've read a bunch of info about period flow and length, and none of it is conclusive. I had very light periods when I go PG with my last son, so it didn't seem to affect my fertility then. I think the concern some people have is whether or not your flow is indicative of how thick your endometrial lining is, and if it's thick enough for implantation to occur. I've heard before that your body actually absorbs some of the lining, so what comes out might not be indicative of how much was in there in the first place. I don't think this is something you need to worry about. Your cycles are just now becoming normal, so it's not fair to say this is "normal" or not for you until you have a few more cycles to compare it to. I hope that helps a little.
Thanks for your thoughts ladies. I know my endometrial stripe is normal *from the u/s I had of it* so maybe I just have light flow.

#140 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 03:27 PM

Monday Check in: Tuesday Feb 3
Name: lala
Date: Tuesday Feb 3
Where are you at in your cycle: not sure, "not thinking" about it this cycle
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: Valentines Day if we have a miracle (DH has been out of town for the last 6 days so I think we missed the O)
Thoughts: Wow! I never have CM, very rarely. Every few months I get EWCM but this month I starting drinking atleast 8 oz of water a day and boy did that help on the CM. And for a few months I've been drinking lots of green tea trying to get more CM. I even had EWCM (but really early, wonder if I didn't O early). So ladies start drinking ur water.
#141 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM

Oh my gosh, DH, DS, and I all have the flu. I don't think I slept three hours total last night b/c DH threw up every hour on the hour. So my temp is wacko, and I'm a little scared that the illness might affect any potential developing egg from implanting. What do you think? Could being sick right after O harm my chances?

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#142 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 03:55 PM

So this is my first cycle charting and FF says that I already o'd on day 10. I know this is not true.
-My shortest cycle in the past 15 months was 28 days. On average, they are about 34-37 days, as long as 54 days.
-No EWCM yet. Not even close.

So, what does the dotted line mean as opposed to the solid line?
Will the o date automatically change as I keep recording my temps?
#143 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
Oh my gosh, DH, DS, and I all have the flu. I don't think I slept three hours total last night b/c DH threw up every hour on the hour. So my temp is wacko, and I'm a little scared that the illness might affect any potential developing egg from implanting. What do you think? Could being sick right after O harm my chances?
Ooh, sorry you guys are sick. As for hurting your chances for implantation, that doesn't *seem* very likely. However, I am not basing that on any concrete info. But, I wouldn't worry about that! Hopefully, someone else some insight for you.

Take care of yourself and get well quick!
#144 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Tuesday Check-In:
Name: Slowtime
Date: 2/3/09
Cycle Date: cd 20, ? dpo
Appointments: n/a
Symptoms: Still getting lots of EWCM. I had a positive OPK on cd 15, but I didn't keep testing after that. Not sure what's going on.
Testing: Not right now.
Thoughts: My cycle is still a little screwy. I've always had a regular cycle, but I'm not sure what my new normal is. I've only had two periods since my miscarriage. I should've kept doing the OPKs.

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
#145 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
I think once your body has released the egg, and assuming it was fertilized, not much can interfere at this point. A very high fever might make implantation less likely, but I don't think that just feeling awful will affect your chances. Being sick shouldn't interfere with your endometrium, your progesterone levels, or anything else that I can think of. I'm sorry you are all feeling so badly, and I hope you all recover quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesmama View Post
As far as I can tell, the dotted line just means that the cross-hairs are "tentative". Once you actually have fertile quality CF and another temp jump that coincides with it, FF should revise your O date. You can also change the "Method" setting and see if that changes anything. FF says to use the "Advanced" setting, but I prefer and always use, the FAM setting. Good luck!

#146 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
So this is my first cycle charting and FF says that I already o'd on day 10. I know this is not true.
-My shortest cycle in the past 15 months was 28 days. On average, they are about 34-37 days, as long as 54 days.
-No EWCM yet. Not even close.

FF is whacky. Dotted line means they think you might have ovulated but cannot say for sure. Solid line means they are pretty sure you did because they have enough data to "confirm" it. Even after getting a solid line, it can change based on the data you enter so don't worry about it if you don't think you O'd yet. It just moved my solid line to a day later. One cycle, it moved my solid line 4 times :

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#147 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 05:47 PM

thanks kparker and brinalicious!

I changed the method to FAM, but it still has the crosshairs. That's okay though, I'm sure it will probably change. It is good to know that it can move and change the O date, because I know that is not right how it is.

Also, I had been adjusting my temps a bit to correct for taking them at different times in the morning. I *really* need to figure out a way to get more consistent with taking them at the same time. So, I'm sure that could be throwing it off. Also, since my cycles are really wonky, there is a chance that I am no ovulating, and I read that anovulation can cause a lot of temperature fluctuations.

I guess I will see as time goes on. I just wish there was a way to get a real accurate temperature consistency. I wake up at different times. I will have to get that figured out so that I can be more confident in my temps.
#148 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Hey guys, I might not be on here for a few days. My friend losing her baby hit me pretty hard. I realized it could have been me. She went through so much to get pregnant why did it happen this way?? I just keep asking myself over and over. And If Im pregnant now its going to be VERY hard to tell her and to feel good about it myself after all this. Sorry, Im pretty debbie downer today

Kparker Hope your DH's SA comes back ok. DH had to do one before they would start me on Clomid. Thankfully his came back fine but it is still nerve racking waiting for the results.

Mom to JJ Sorry your all sick Thats no fun! Hope you guys get to feeling better soon.

Brin Good luck!!!
#149 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 PM

Take care of yourself and your poor friend Shannon. I'm so sorry

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#150 of 682 Old 02-03-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Also, I had been adjusting my temps a bit to correct for taking them at different times in the morning. I *really* need to figure out a way to get more consistent with taking them at the same time. So, I'm sure that could be throwing it off.
I set the alarm on my cell phone to go off at 5:25AM every morning and I just sleep with it next to my thermometer on the nightstand. I have the alarm tone set to a low kind of bell sound, which is just enough to wake me up, but not loud enough to startle me (or DH). I take my temp right when it goes off, and then usually go back to sleep for 30 minutes or so (I don't like to get out of bed before the coffee is made!). On the weekends, I sleep in more, so I just temp and then go back to sleep. I think it is important to get your temps taken at a consistent time so that you know the fluctuations are actually due to your hormones and not something else.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page