Other reasons for EWCM than ovulating - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-02-2009, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I hope this isn't TMI, but I am on cycle day 26 still getting CM. I am only monitoring fertility by charting CM, so I don't have temps as a guide to whether I've ovulated. I do tend to have longer cycles - usually ovulating around day 18-20. Last cycle was 16 though. So I did not have a ton of CM before Friday, so 4 days of CM is normal enough. I was wondering if there is anything else that could cause CM (it is total eggwhite quality and clear) other than having a late ovulation this cycle. I guess I will know in a week or two, but I am curious. It's never happened to me before.

Katherine mother to DS 8/03 and DD1 9/06 and DD2 6/10
#2 of 10 Old 02-03-2009, 01:37 AM

I've often had EWCM right before AF. But not for long, never more than a day.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#3 of 10 Old 02-03-2009, 10:06 AM

Late O (as you've already said)
About to start AF
Taking antibiotics
Semen can look like EWCM
I've heard a couple people state that this was a pregnancy symptom.

That's all I can think of.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#4 of 10 Old 02-03-2009, 03:22 PM

Hhhmm, I wonder about this too because I got EWCM really early this month and I haven't noticed any around when I normally O. Anyone have any suggestions?
#5 of 10 Old 02-03-2009, 08:13 PM

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I tend to have some in the very early days of pregnancy, like between CD 20-30 or so. Not in the same amounts as during ovulation, but definitely noticable.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#6 of 10 Old 02-03-2009, 11:50 PM

Sunflower Mama - I'm in the same boat as you! I'm a few cycle days ahead of you, but I Oed late, so I think we're around the same DPO (CD 24, not completely unusual for me, CD 17 or later is where I tend to be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I tend to have some in the very early days of pregnancy, like between CD 20-30 or so. Not in the same amounts as during ovulation, but definitely noticable.
Too late, my hopes are up!

I've been seeing small amounts of what looks like EWCM, but slightly different. It's stretchy, not much of it, pretty thin in spite of me being dehydrated (crazy day) very shiny, and very wet, and very clear - sleek, almost silver, even.

My usual EWCM is stretchy, scant, tending toward thick and goopy, with a mix of white and clear. I get a day and a half, maybe two days of true EWCM, but I've had two full days of this stuff, plus the evening before, albeit intermittently, though my EWCM is usually intermittent, too.

The weird thing is that it started about 3 DPO - I'm now about 6 DPO, and I have an ache in my lower back, and butterflies in my stomach, which might be from all the gas I have.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#7 of 10 Old 02-04-2009, 02:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Interesting. I noticed something that seemed like EWCM (but different) this morning, at 9 dpo. I thought, "hmm that's strange." ....and just wrote it in the notes on my chart, because when I put it in the chart it messed things up.
I wonder if it means anything.
#8 of 10 Old 02-04-2009, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
I've been seeing small amounts of what looks like EWCM, but slightly different. It's stretchy, not much of it, pretty thin in spite of me being dehydrated (crazy day) very shiny, and very wet, and very clear - sleek, almost silver, even.
Yes - same stuff - super shiny. I don't want to get my hopes up either though. Part of me wonders whether I am just more tuned into this stuff now...guess we will know soon!!! Interesting that others report it as a preg symptom...

#9 of 10 Old 02-04-2009, 04:42 PM

I just got a mix of EW and watery right before my AF this last time...and I've heard that others get it before AF too. I also read that as the corpus luteum is breaking down and releasing progesterone, it can sometimes release small amounts of estrogen (which triggers fertile mucous).

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#10 of 10 Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

What I always wonder about is the huge hormone surge/sore boobs, cranky feeling I get for a day about 1 week before AF. I guess I *know* this is PMS - but what hormone is responsible for it???? (Totally OT I know)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page