bad sperm morphology as per Kruger criteria - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2009, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I am new here and this is my first post. I hope someone can shed some light on our issue because i kind of doubt/question my present's ifertility doctor's trend of thought. Here is the problem...
I am 31 and dh is almost 34. We've been married for 6 years and have a 4 years old son whom we concieved quickly & naturally. I don't have any health issues and had very easy, uncomplicated pregnancy but did end up with c-section because of "failure to progress". I healed nicely and never had any health issues. Now, we've been trying to get prgnant again for about 18 months now and a few month ago i finally went to infertility clinic and see hwat is going on. All my blood work is excellent, HSG showed clear tubes(can't even see my section scar on uterus anymore)Now, my husband's sperm analysis came back bad as per Kruger criteria. He shows only 1% normal sperm even though motility/viability/count are good. He did the test twice and second time it was slightly worse than the first time. It's been almost 5 months now i want him to go for 3rd time to check. Our doctor dismisses dh's bad results saying that it's not him because he already fathered a child recently and he doesn't believe in Kruger's criteria saying that this test is controversial? I wonder if that's his opinion or a medical fact. Should i believe that this semen analysis is worthless? So far i have a feeling that he is saying it's my fault for not getting pregnant and is concentrating on me even thought all test show good result and i always ovulate and have regular periods, no pain, nothing. Should i go for second opinion? We're paying cash out of our pockets because insuarnce is not covering it. Thanks for any suggestions; i am just confused and don't know if i shoud go with IUI or what....i want to avoid IVF as much as possible.

Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 03:51 PM

Hello- We have an entire infertility board here with lots of couples with your said problem. Its called secondary infertility when a couple conceives, and then has infertility. One of the best ways to get pregnant with your said problem is IUI, because the timing is controlled more and the best of the best sperm are used, and the less great sperm are removed by a 'wash and spin'. The drugs they use can make you have more eggs at ovulation time, so the sperm has more targets to hit. There are lots of resources and very experienced ladies on our board. Welcome to TTC land!!!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 PM

Definitely check out the infertility board. You may need to look further than the first page. A lot of us on that board are dealing with male factor infertility, esp poor morph. My dh also has poor morph. If you can't find the answers to your questions, feel free to pm me and I can send you some websites. Good luck!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:13 PM

Yep to the above. Come visit the infertility board. My husband has the same issue 0-1% normally shaped. We did IVF to concieve our first child and are doing some IUIs right now.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 02-08-2009, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you ladies!
I am checking out secondery infertility section right now.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am trying to understand your question. I know some about male factor issues as we have that. What is the Kreuger's test you mention? I saw you say his count and motility are good, so what exactly isn't right there?
Also, yes to the other opinion, if you can manage it. If you are trying to find out about your husband's sperm situation, a doctor who specialized in male fertility issues could help you. but they are expensive, of course.

I really hope the medical system radically changes for the better so people can afford to get health care at reasonable rates.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 AM

my dh also had issues and for our first we used IUI.

this might sound simplistic but --- then i went to acupuncture and asked about male issues and how she could help us. the acu. said that taking a good mens fertility blend vitamin is more effective than acupuncture or anything else as far as helping to repair/make healthy sperm.

not sure if its a coincidence or what but since dh has been taking a fert. vitamin i have gotten pg 2 times very easily. this after years of infertility (3+) and the IUI.

my acu actually recommended the GNC mens fert blend, but dh is just taking a generic one from a store in my area.

g/l

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....

User Tag List