Pictures of + HCG Strips? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-14-2009, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone share an image of what a faint positive on an HCG test strip looks like?

I've never used one before and I can't tell if I'm seeing a faint second line or if it's just a trick of light caused by the shape of the strip (there's a bump on the strip right where the "line" is). I'm not clear on how far the second line is supposed to be from the control line. I've tried doing a google image search, but I'm doing something wrong because I keep coming up with commercial websites that aren't terribly helpful. Thanks in advance!

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-14-2009, 11:02 PM

Hi Megan!

There are a lot of pictures of + HPTs here:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/tg/gallerySearch.php

just enter "positive pregnancy test" in the category dropdown box and "brand: internet strip" in the keyword dropdown box.

HTH! GL!

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
#3 of 6 Old 02-14-2009, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparker View Post
Can anyone share an image of what a faint positive on an HCG test strip looks like?

I've never used one before and I can't tell if I'm seeing a faint second line or if it's just a trick of light caused by the shape of the strip (there's a bump on the strip right where the "line" is). I'm not clear on how far the second line is supposed to be from the control line. I've tried doing a google image search, but I'm doing something wrong because I keep coming up with commercial websites that aren't terribly helpful. Thanks in advance!
I had the same freak-out. The ink on the bump is NOT the ink you wanna be watching for. The pg line is about halfway between that bump and the control line.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#4 of 6 Old 02-14-2009, 11:33 PM

Here's a picture of some faint BFPs from my previous pregnancy.

December BFPs

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#5 of 6 Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, the pictures helped (sorta) Based on the fertilityfriend.com pictures, I'm pretty sure that mine is *not* positive, although there were a few images on there under "positive" that looked the same as mine.... So I guess I'll just wait a few more days and test again. At least I know now what a more definite positive looks like on one of those strips.

daughter #1 10/13/07
daughter #2 10/08/10
#6 of 6 Old 02-15-2009, 12:27 AM

You can see my many faint strip hpt's here http://hrdmrdajfd.tripod.com/formyfr...atlvr/id9.html sorry about the pop ups.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page