Mothering Forum banner

Temp went down-did I not ovulate?

533 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  halifax40 
#1 ·
I had ewcm and a positive OPK, then the next day my temp went up to 36.7 from 36.4 celcius. So I thought I o'd.

Then the next day and still, it's down to 36.4 again. Isn't it supposed to go up further and stay up? Does this mean I didn't really ovulate?

#2 ·
If your temp doesn't stay up, then you didn't ovulate. Have you been charting online so you can show us? Some women have a "fall back rise" where they get one higher temp, a lower temp, that then 10+ more days of high temps.

OPKs can lie... I am not a fan, after I never once got a positive the cycle I conceived my son.

#3 ·
If it is only one down temp, as PP poster said it is likely just a fallback temp, which can happen for many women..if it doesn't go back up and stay up you likely haven't O'd. One can hormonally gear up to O (get fertile CM and get a +OPK) that doesn't guarantee your body will be successful. I would keep monitoring temps and BD just in case...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.