Nursing Mamas TTC March - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gillibean you are 14dpo today right? Any temptation to test? Really hoping for lots of bfps this month for all of us
#62 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 10:27 AM

Congrats ldsmom06

My cycle is so screwed up - I have no idea where to PUT me!
I haven't been temping b/c I'm uhm..lazy, don't wake regularly, and nursing times are "open season" - so usually I pay more attention to CD & CM. I am still having EWCM - no longer blood tinged. Still on meds for bronchitis. Based on previous cycles I'd still say waiting to O.

Good luck everyone!

Heather: wife to Chris ; mama to Sophia (7/03) ; Juliana (8/07):; and Peter (3/12/10)
#63 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 12:14 PM

congrats ldsmom06!!! :

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#64 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsmom06 View Post
Oh my goodness I can't believe it I got a just now. I double checked the test to make sure it wasn't the + sign test since it showed up right away. Maybe they mixed up the tests at the factory.

Congratulations!!!

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#65 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
updated list to here

ivymae~ I'd get a drs opinion on the way short cycles that doesn't sound normal

Theoretica ~ I bought opks from early-pregnancy-tests.com I used a few before AF returned when i noticed fertile looking cm.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#66 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 04:17 PM

Hello mamas,

I am back. Sadly, we lost our little bean at 7wks

Please could you take me off the success stories and move me to waiting to O?

I am not sure what on earth is happening with my cycle - my temps are all over the place high one day and low the next. All pg tests are now back to -ve and no positive opk's. Cervix is low, but soft and open (?) but my CM is creamy moving towards EW. I am on D22 counting the first day of m/c bleeding as D1.

DH and I really want to have another and are really trying to be patient as my cycle adjusts but it's so hard. Meanwhile DD has stepped UP her nursing again!

Any thoughts?

I hope this is THE month for everyone!

#67 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 04:43 PM

Grahnola Mum- Awwww...I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Mom to Mike, Wyatt, Zach, Sean, Kailey and Liam. My family is complete.
#68 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Grahnola Mum ~ I'm so sorry you lost your baby

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#69 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 05:13 PM

Yep, cycle buddies again babymonster. I hope we both get our BFPs this month!
#70 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 05:17 PM

AF showed up on Tuesday.

I am so disappointed. DS will be two this month and is back to nursing all night again, waking every 1 to 2 hours. DH is sure that's the reason we're not getting pregnant and I have so many people pushing me to wean him because we want another baby so bad (and that biological clock is ticking!). But what if I wean him and *still* don't get pregnant? I'll feel like I cheated DS out of something that he *needs* in order to try to satisfy my own selfish desires.

So I guess put me back in waiting to O. Thanks.
#71 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

#72 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 06:38 PM

Grahnola Mum, so sorry to hear your news. Hopefully everything will work out for you v soon, I don't have any experience with m/c but know plenty of mums who went on to conceive v soon after a m/c and carry their lo's to term so will say a prayer for you
How old is your dd? What's the longest gap between feeds in 24hrs?

Turkish Kate, I know how difficult it is listening to all the well meaning advice on weaning, but consider the following two points and maybe you will feel better about continuing as you are.
1) There are moms out there who don't have af back yet at 2yrs, so at least you are in a better position to try - it will work out!
2) There are also moms who have weaned and it didn't help things along any quicker.

if you google natural child spacing, there is a lot of literature that says a 2-3yr gap between children is what nature deems best for our bodies and bf ensures that this gap exists (I know its frustrating to hear, but at least it makes sense and still gives hope!)

How long is your lp? Maybe you can work on lengthening this while still breastfeeding?

Just some thoughts
#73 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 07:22 PM

congrats ldsmom06! :::

s: grahnola mum

i am now 13dpo and my temp is still elevated. i tested yesterday and it was negative. i know that was a bit on the early side, but i was hopeful.

i am not terriably discouraged, although i did have m/s during implantantation (i think) with dd. about 4 days before i got my bfp, i was had nausea all day and have yet to experience that this cycle.

so i guess my question is how long after O do temps stay elevated? this is my first cycle TTC, so i am not sure what is "normal" for me yet.

: blogging about life, beauty, crafting, healing, waldorf...

#74 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabeehilly View Post
so i guess my question is how long after O do temps stay elevated? this is my first cycle TTC, so i am not sure what is "normal" for me yet.

The luteal phase is when temps are up. I think it has to be at least 8 or 10 days to sustain a pregnancy, but most women it's closer to 12-14 days. (someone please correct me if I'm off) Watch for a further temp spike even after O jump to give an idea if you might be pg. It has to stay up for 18 consecutive days (or you can POAS!) to confirm pg.

Grahnola mom: sorry to hear your news! I've read (I'm sure on these boards) about how open your cervix is in the month or two following a loss and that it can be easier for sperm to pass through. That might be why so many women seem to conceive right after a loss. I haven't seen anything concrete on it, but googling it might find something.

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#75 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess152 View Post
Grahnola mom: sorry to hear your news! I've read (I'm sure on these boards) about how open your cervix is in the month or two following a loss and that it can be easier for sperm to pass through. That might be why so many women seem to conceive right after a loss. I haven't seen anything concrete on it, but googling it might find something.
Thanks Jess...I'm googling it right now

[QUOTE=Runnerbean;13311414] Grahnola Mum, so sorry to hear your news. Hopefully everything will work out for you v soon, I don't have any experience with m/c but know plenty of mums who went on to conceive v soon after a m/c and carry their lo's to term so will say a prayer for you
How old is your dd? What's the longest gap between feeds in 24hrs?

/QUOTE]

Thanks mama, DD's longest gap is maybe 3 hrs but usually 1-2! My LP I lengthened with vitex as it was super short at 3 days and I lengthened it to 10 with the last pg.Thank you for the prayer.

#76 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
The luteal phase is when temps are up. I think it has to be at least 8 or 10 days to sustain a pregnancy, but most women it's closer to 12-14 days. (someone please correct me if I'm off) Watch for a further temp spike even after O jump to give an idea if you might be pg. It has to stay up for 18 consecutive days (or you can POAS!) to confirm pg.
thanks jess. here is my chart if you (or anyone else) want to take a peek and let me know your thoughts, i'd love to hear them

ff says i am "possibly triphasic on day 22". this is all so interesting! tia!!!

#77 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 PM

Don't need to move me. I thought this week was my fertile week, but instead my period came. Then I looked at what day it is and it's day 27. Why did I think I'd be fertile this week? No idea. What happened to February?

Mommy to DD March 2008, DS July 2010
#78 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnerbean View Post
Congrats Idsmom06!!!!! That's great news!!! : : :

How many dpo are you?
I am 9/10 dpo tomor and think I will test, but I know its prob too early. Had major cramping and diarrhea this eve, which I had v early with my last pregnancy, as well as increasingly creamy and jelly like cm since O so I am getting v hopeful!!
I think I was 12 or 13 dpo, good luck:

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

#79 of 353 Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Turkish Kate, I know how difficult it is listening to all the well meaning advice on weaning, but consider the following two points and maybe you will feel better about continuing as you are.
1) There are moms out there who don't have af back yet at 2yrs, so at least you are in a better position to try - it will work out!
2) There are also moms who have weaned and it didn't help things along any quicker.

if you google natural child spacing, there is a lot of literature that says a 2-3yr gap between children is what nature deems best for our bodies and bf ensures that this gap exists (I know its frustrating to hear, but at least it makes sense and still gives hope!)

How long is your lp? Maybe you can work on lengthening this while still breastfeeding?

Just some thoughts
Thanks for your kind words. Half the battle for us is that we are both getting older. I'll be 38 this year, with a long family history of early menopause. DH will be 52 and while he acts like a teenager, I am painfully aware that he is not. My LP is 13-14 days, so it's long enough, but I rarely see anything that approaches EWCF. I got some that was sort of stretchy last cycle, right at O time, so I really had my hopes up that this would be it. We're also pretty sure that we had a chemical pregnancy a few cycles ago, based on my typical early pregnancy symptoms and a faint positive on an HPT at 6-7DPO. Sadly, the + didn't last long and AF came a day or two late that cycle. I'm not really sure what we need to do to increase our chances. But I do know that I definitely need to quit watching the stupid teenage pregnancy movies on Lifetime.
#80 of 353 Old 03-06-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Kate View Post
But I do know that I definitely need to quit watching the stupid teenage pregnancy movies on Lifetime.
Or take some advice from the teenagers -- have your DH were some horrible teen-cologne like Axe, the back seat of car, tell him "I've never done this before", and come home late for curfew. (But have an understanding baby sitter).

I don't think I could actually BD in the car (besides I'd have to remove the baby seat), but apparently it's what gets teens pg. I suppose the more modest variation would be fooling around before your parents came home - just substitute your kids for mom & dad. Good luck.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#81 of 353 Old 03-06-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
I had a look and I would have guessed triphasic starting on day 18. I've only just signed up with FF this month, after charting on paper since August 08 and for three months when TTC our first. I don't always agree with FF, when it shows I've ovulated, etc. (I went in and entered a few months of charts just for fun. I do like the comparisons month by month)

I think, if your temp drops again tomorrow, you'd likely expect AF, but who knows. Everyone is different and not everything is set in stone. Good luck!

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
#82 of 353 Old 03-06-2009, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Bolded part is wrong anything under 10 is a big problem and won't sustain a pregnancy. more info here Luteal Phase Defect

#83 of 353 Old 03-06-2009, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
here is my chart if you (or anyone else) want to take a peek and let me know your thoughts, i'd love to hear them

Your chart looks great

#84 of 353 Old 03-06-2009, 02:03 AM

grahnola mom

Quote:
Gillibean you are 14dpo today right? Any temptation to test? Really hoping for lots of bfps this month for all of us
Well, I've been doing some playing around and used them all but one of them up before I had much chance of getting a bfp anyway. : I'm so bad, I was just hoping that I'd be one of those lucky 9 dpo people. I got an extremely faint line on a couple - if I held it to the light just the right way and squinted long enough. I think they were just evaps though. I have a pack of 25 on its way to me now though. They were shipped Monday so I hope they get here tomorrow - we're pretty remote so we'll see. I really don't want to have to buy more at the drug store. Our town is so small. Of course the tests are behind the counter so you need to ask for them too. I love having the dad of one of the kids I occasionally babysit know about my possible fertility (or lack thereof).

Basically, tomorrow will be 15 dpo and last cycle that's when AF showed. So my plan is that if AF doesn't come tomorrow then I'll use my last remaining test. Hopefully I'll get a nice clear bfp : and I can use all the tests I just ordered to do some fun random tests. Speaking of which, I tried breastmilk and it just was streaky. I got a control line but not a test line. I'll have to get the pictures on the computer. I'm really bad about that.

Gillian - Wife to an amazing DH, Mother to 4 wonderful kiddos . . . and now another on the way.
#85 of 353 Old 03-06-2009, 02:11 AM

Grahnola Mum

Well this month is it for us for awhile. We BD'd on 2/27, I'm pretty sure I o'd on either 3/1 or 3/2. If we're not pg this cycle, we're going to wait for awhile. It looks like I'll probably be starting a new job sometime in the next 6 months (which also will involve a cross country move), and we need to wait for the new insurance to kick in and the dust to settle before thinking about a newborn. (sigh)

Part of me is relieved - I was stressing so much about losing my milk if I got pg, that this may be a blessing in disguise. In fact even though I knew I o'd, I didn't jump dh's bones to help our chances of getting pg this month. And honestly, the more I think about it, the more I believe that we are simply not ready to have another baby in the family - it's ds I'm worried about. He's such a mama's boy, such an avid nurser. Especially if we have big life changes, I don't want to take away his mama's milk. Sooooooo I think we're doing the right thing by switching to charting to avoid.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#86 of 353 Old 03-06-2009, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

MahnaMahna ~

#87 of 353 Old 03-06-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
Especially if we have big life changes, I don't want to take away his mama's milk. Sooooooo I think we're doing the right thing by switching to charting to avoid.
you are SO wise!!!

#88 of 353 Old 03-06-2009, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I am 31 with two wonderful sons, the youngest of whom I am still nursing. I have been ttc since last summer though only by estimating when I thought I was supposed to ovulate. My youngest turned 1 on Halloween. I had an early mc just after that. I have been taking vitex since last Friday because I think I may have a luteal phase defect. (I may have had another early mc last month. Anyway, I bought one of those opk and it came back positive the first time I used it and I had sex that night. Now, that was last Friday. Today, a week later, I had some pink when I wiped, but isn't that kind of too early for implantation bleeding? Can the vitex be causing me to have an early period? My last af was the 16th of Feb. and that was a week early.
#89 of 353 Old 03-06-2009, 05:35 PM

As far as I know implantation normally occurs btwn 6 and 12dpo, so it is v possible that was what you saw. Implantation bleeding can also occur as late as the day of a missed period (I had this with dd) but everyone is different. If af doesn't show in the next 24hrs that would be a good sign. Fingers crossed
#90 of 353 Old 03-07-2009, 03:38 AM

can someone check out my chart and tell me if you think I have a LP defect? I temped cycle 1,2 and 6 so those are the only ones I have temps for, the rest have cm/cp to check out. *its in my siggy* Thank you to whoever has time, I know its hard to come by.

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page