Nursing Mamas TTC March - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2009, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Hopeful2009, so sorry to hear about your loss
I don't chart so far! so I don't have any input but hopefully someone else will.
As far as I know the fact that your lo is night weaned is a good thing as far as consistent temps are conerned.

As for me girlies, I am 14dpo and bfn - losing hope big time, surely I would have even a shadow of a line by now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2009, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hopeful2009, I am so sorry for the loss of your baby.
I also don't chart so I can't be of any assistance either.

Does anyone know if you can't take the following together? I have started a new regimen and wanted to make sure none of them interfere with each other:

maca 3 divided teaspoons a day
vitex 800mg divided a day
b6 once a day
b9, b12 complex once a day
red raspberry leaf twice a day
aspirin 81 mg a day
evening primrose 3-6 caps a day

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnerbean View Post
As for me girlies, I am 14dpo and bfn - losing hope big time, surely I would have even a shadow of a line by now
I've just been reading on Fertility Friend about testing and they recommend not to test until 13-14 DPO. You just never know, it might still happen this month. When is AF due? I guess any day now.

If we conceived this cycle we'd have an end of November baby. If next cycle, it's likely a New Year's baby...that would be ok too!

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
Old 03-10-2009, 12:24 PM

Hopeful2009, your temps are pretty erratic. (in spite of what you said about the RRL tea) Are you taking your temp the same time each day? New batteries in your thermometer? It might be hard for FF to pinpoint your O date with so many spikes and dips. New thermometers are around $10...you might want to replace it. Or temp vaginally!

If you do some reading about temping, you'll see that mouth temping can be inexact (do you sleep with your mouth open, or a window open, or if your DH is a blanket hog, they can all contribute to your temp being slightly off). You are always supposed to temp first thing when you wake up, before getting out of bed, before talking, before having something to drink etc. It can be finicky! I don't temp vaginally, but some here do. That's one way to circumvent all of the other factors that could skew your mouth temping.

Blah blah blah! Anyway, welcome!

Mama of 2 sweet boys, Miles (Jan 3/07) and Avery (Nov 28/09) My fast and furious HBAC
Old 03-10-2009, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Runnerbean~ It could still be to early depending on when implantation happened. Fingers crossed you get a bfp.

hopeful2009~ sorry about the loss of your son. Your chart looks Annovulatory and i'd probably go to the dr to get them to give you something to start AF since your on cd69 already.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 03-10-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

hopeful2009~ sorry about the loss of your son. Your chart looks Annovulatory and i'd probably go to the dr to get them to give you something to start AF since your on cd69 already.

Oh, Im beyond cd69. I just had to pick a date to start. I was bleding after a few bd's so that's why I went to the ob. She said it was from low estrogen (after a physical exam, labs, and u/s). She did prescribe Povera to start a bleed, but after some research I didn't feel comfortable starting it, especially while nursing. I figure everythign is off because of the nursing and still being postpartum (9 months now, and after my 2nd dd I didn't get AF back for 11 months).

Believe me, I would LOVE to take a "magic pill" to get things goin. I'm just too afraid it will either affect dd, or that it will have negative reprucuddions on me in teh future (like increased chance of ovarian or cervial cancer, etc...).

I keep hearing of MACA. I should go to the area discussing that. This is the first I've heard of it. Hmmm.....
Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM

Hi girls, I have been doing a bit of reading too and realise now that even tho I got a negative opk the day after my positive it doesn't actually mean I O'd that day, so it's possible that I am only 12dpo. Or one of those people that doesn't get a bfp v early or that af is on her way soon! Or!!!!! The opk positive might have been false and I might not have O'd at all.
Tho the bleed/pink tinged cm on Sat really convinced me that was implantation , so only time will tell.
Thanks a mill for the support
Old 03-10-2009, 05:55 PM

Hi ladies! I am waiting for 1st egg I guess!
My DD is 17 months, and still nurses some in the day, and sometimes quite a bit at night. I just got my first PP AF a few weeks ago!

My cycles were long Pre-prego (O on day 21 or so) should I expect them to be the same?

Also... what are the odds I am going to O on this first cycle? Does it usually take a bit... or if you are AFing... you should be O ing.

My temps are wacked out bc I nurse a lot at night, and esp early in the morning.

I have baby fever really bad... as most of my friends have recently got preg!

If my cycles are the same... and I am actually Oing... it should be the end of this week! Wish me luck!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

updates list to here

Runnerbean~::

maplesmom ~ You can get AF back and still not O and most of the times it will take a while for cycles to get back into a pattern.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 03-10-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplesmom View Post
Hi ladies! I am waiting for 1st egg I guess!
My DD is 17 months, and still nurses some in the day, and sometimes quite a bit at night. I just got my first PP AF a few weeks ago!

My cycles were long Pre-prego (O on day 21 or so) should I expect them to be the same?

Also... what are the odds I am going to O on this first cycle? Does it usually take a bit... or if you are AFing... you should be O ing.

My temps are wacked out bc I nurse a lot at night, and esp early in the morning.

I have baby fever really bad... as most of my friends have recently got preg!

If my cycles are the same... and I am actually Oing... it should be the end of this week! Wish me luck!
Best of Luck :
I was delighted when ppaf finally arrived. As you might have read from other posts, I got a positive opk on CD25 so I seem to have O'd later. No sign of af or bfp yet for me so can't tell for sure if I have O'd yet, I guess temping is the only true way to tell and using opks on days where you see fertility signs? Its a bit of a science experiment trying to figure it all out!!
Wishing you and everyone else here a short and successful ttc journey
Old 03-10-2009, 08:33 PM

AF arrived today....so please move me to waiting to O...on-wards and for-wards with this next cycle.

: blogging about life, beauty, crafting, healing, waldorf...

Old 03-11-2009, 01:09 AM

I'm going nutty waiting to POAS or get disappointed by AF. I'm 12 dpo and expecting AF Wed or Thurs. Goofiness got the better of me & I did POAS on Sat & Mon. Guess what - BFN. But I bought a 4 pack at Costco, so what the heck.

This morning the only reason I didn't is we were camping (okay cabin camping). Ever try and pee on a stick in the dark & in the woods & pee on it for 10 whole seconds? I don't know if I even usually pee for 10 seconds.

I didn't temp the last 2 mornings b/c I knew they'd be wacky with camping. Too much waking & I expected to be too cold. Turns out I was too hot. The wood stove is difficult to control - small fire needs tending every hour, big fire makes the cabin 80 degrees, but stays lit for 2 hours.

Today I have really creamy cm. And the sensation of a "flow" - but nothing actually in my panties. I've thought it was AF, but so far still in the game. I also have a slight pain in my left side, similar to ovulation pain - not menstrual cramping.

We are visiting my folks I would love to surprise with with good news. I think I am putting too much hope on this month just to be able to tell them in person.

Don't really have a question. Just ranting.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 AM

Grahnola Mum and mommabeehilly

I think I better be moved to the two week wait... We were supposed to be having this cycle off, but that didn't exactly happen and I ovulated a bit earlier than I expected.

And I am fairly certain my little boy is weaning. : He has been asking for mama milk in the mornings, but by the time we get up (I stopped nursing him in bed some months ago because of the terrible things he would do with his feet!), he has changed his mind and says, "Mama play diggers!" And he has been insisting, "No mama milk! Milk in cup!" at bedtime. Sigh.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 AM

I'm having a lot of watery discharge today. Maybe it's signalling the start of my fertile period? I guess we'll just have to see. :
Old 03-11-2009, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

I noticed this post should i test 13dpo from SparklingGemini

she got a BFP

Old 03-11-2009, 12:55 PM

AF! I never thought I'd be so happy to be bleeding! My husband thinks I'm insane because I am virtually dancing on my tiptoes.

So I guess please move me to waiting to ovulate.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 PM

Hi, I am brand new and please forgive me I am not really all that familiar with forums in general. So firstly I need help with all the abbreviations, they are killing me! Is there a list somewhere?

To introduce myself (in plain english) my name is Allie and I am a mother of 1 son (ds?) Liam, who is 13 months. I am still breastfeeding and have not started my period yet since giving birth to Liam.

I work full time and have just recently (3 weeks ago) stopped expressing milk at work. So I go 8-10 hrs between feeds during the day. My son feeds a couple times in the evening and 2+ times during the night. The night feeds vary and are more frequent when he is teething or has a cold etc. We co-sleep so it's readily avail. and he makes up for lost time during the day.

I would like to get pregnant again and wonder if there is any hope until my period returns? Any ways besides weaning that would speed the return of my period? I will be 37 in Sept of this year so feel a bit pressed on time but not really willing to force poor Liam to wean before he is ready. I really enjoy feeding and would be happy to carry on until he has had enough.

Any help is appreciated. I will attempt to get up to speed with the lingo so I can understand all thse posts!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie0op View Post
Hi, I am brand new and please forgive me I am not really all that familiar with forums in general. So firstly I need help with all the abbreviations, they are killing me! Is there a list somewhere?

To introduce myself (in plain english) my name is Allie and I am a mother of 1 son (ds?) Liam, who is 13 months. I am still breastfeeding and have not started my period yet since giving birth to Liam.

I work full time and have just recently (3 weeks ago) stopped expressing milk at work. So I go 8-10 hrs between feeds during the day. My son feeds a couple times in the evening and 2+ times during the night. The night feeds vary and are more frequent when he is teething or has a cold etc. We co-sleep so it's readily avail. and he makes up for lost time during the day.

I would like to get pregnant again and wonder if there is any hope until my period returns? Any ways besides weaning that would speed the return of my period? I will be 37 in Sept of this year so feel a bit pressed on time but not really willing to force poor Liam to wean before he is ready. I really enjoy feeding and would be happy to carry on until he has had enough.

Any help is appreciated. I will attempt to get up to speed with the lingo so I can understand all thse posts!
For what it's worth, my youngest is also 13 months old and I also stopped pumping at work about a month ago and he also nurses a lot at night (so does my 2 year old). I got my first period this morning, so I'm super excited.

It is possible to get pregnant before your first period -- I did last time.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM

Last night I got a BFP!! :

I only started casually TTC this past month, so I'm surprised it happened so fast... I have a 15 month old who still nurses all day long and barely eats solids, so i thought that might keep me from getting pregnant for a while too! I got BFN on 3/2 and 3/3 (I should have had AF on 3/1 so I thought it should have been enough time to get a BFP if I was pregnant, but apparently not). So you can add me to the pregnant list! (I used the screen name LMJ928 before, so you can write that name - thanks!)

Thanks everyone for all your support and I wish the best of luck to everyone!!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NovBabes View Post
Last night I got a BFP!! :

I only started casually TTC this past month, so I'm surprised it happened so fast... I have a 15 month old who still nurses all day long and barely eats solids, so i thought that might keep me from getting pregnant for a while too! I got BFN on 3/2 and 3/3 (I should have had AF on 3/1 so I thought it should have been enough time to get a BFP if I was pregnant, but apparently not). So you can add me to the pregnant list! (I used the screen name LMJ928 before, so you can write that name - thanks!)

Thanks everyone for all your support and I wish the best of luck to everyone!!
Congrats that's great news : :
It gives me hope too, as I am 15dpo and bfn today but no af. What were your signs and symptoms if any??

Big congrats to Sparkling Gemini too, I love when people get bfps yeh! : :
Old 03-11-2009, 03:24 PM

Thank you!
My signs were mainly fatigue, hunger (to the point my pants are already getting tight!), spotting for just a couple minutes on 3/1, general mild queasy/dizzy feelings, and more frequent urination (but not extremely frequent, just more urgent in the morning - like maybe I could have slept in another hour but I have to get up and pee or I'm going to explode right now!).
With my first, I had HORRIBLE morning sickness, so I'm hoping I'll be able to avoid it or have it much more mildly this time...don't know how I could cope with that severe morning sickness and a rowdy 16 month old!
Good luck!!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:17 PM

Congratulations 2NovBabes!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 PM

Congrats 2NovBabes

Runnerbean...since you arent exactly sure of Ovulation, test again in a day or two. That is EXACTLY how that happened with son. I thought, well I'm out...but I kept looking at my journal and wondering if maybe I had O'd on a different day...so tested several days later when AF still didnt arrive. It aint over till the Fat lady sings! or AF shows.

I thought I O'd saturday...but as I said, so much BD that I wasnt sure exactly. Now I have EWCM today. I'm pretty sure I'm not preggo...and gotta say...really really disappointed.

Getting pregnant is no fun. Being pregnant is. Boo!

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 PM

runnerbean...any "signs"?

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM

::

I also got a BFP this morning!!

On Monday night I had a really intense dream about discovery I'm pg. Last night DH dreamed I was. We both agreed the dreams were different than usual wishful/hopeful dreams.

(Funny Story: DH's dream also involved getting a hug from Gov. Sarah Palin - who although he disagrees with her politics, he's had a crush on her for about 6 years. He's gotta librarian fantasy thing going - something about her glasses and wearing her hair up. So I think his dream was one part psychic energy, one part sexual energy. He's never gonna live this down.)

Best wishes to all still hoping for their month to come soon, and my thoughts go to all mommas mourning losses.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
Old 03-11-2009, 08:18 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
Old 03-11-2009, 09:20 PM

Congrats Liza-s : I was laughing at your description of trying to poas in the dark while camping in your other post v funny! Delighted you got a bfp, wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

Thanks for your symptoms list 2Novbabes, I'm obsessed! I have had the fatigue and hunger too, but I'm always hungry so not sure if that counts for me lol! I totally get the need to get out of bed and pee in the morning too, have had that since last wk, but I think it might be cos I'm not sleeping well, cos I am so anxious to get up in the am and poas!
Btw what is the best time in the am to test? Is 6am too early for example?

intime0 I'm hoping my days are out too. It's so hard not knowing. No af today anyway and its 11.15pm here. Honestly my body is telling me I am pregnant. I have had increasingly creamy cm since O, just like Liza-s where she thought flow was starting. This is v unusual for me.
I am thirsty all the time! And I know this might sound silly, but I have put on
2lbs in the last two days, which is v odd, cos I ran 11miles on Mon and today and haven't eaten much the past few days compared to normal so I was sure I would drop a lb or two - v strange for my body to put on weight in this scenario. And of course the "implantation" bleed/spotting on Sat.

I have had to put the laptop away today for a bit!! cos no matter how many times I google my symptoms, the internet won't make me pregnant
Just wish I knew either way now, if af doesn't show by the wknd I will make an appt with my doc to get bloods done on Mon.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

Congrats liza-s & 2NovBabes

Old 03-12-2009, 01:28 AM

TTC Abbreviations: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ad.php?t=23262

Brianna, mom to my always naked and singing Faye (9/07) and my chubby baby Bronwen (10/10).
Old 03-12-2009, 01:29 AM

Yay to liza-s and 2NovBabes!!! : Hoping to catch some of those pg hormones over here!

Brianna, mom to my always naked and singing Faye (9/07) and my chubby baby Bronwen (10/10).

User Tag List