40+ Marching on towards pregnancy - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 316 Old 04-04-2009, 02:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kristin, that is so fabulous! I love the symptoms. Aren't they comforting? I have made such friends with nausea.

Pookietooth, wow, 11 weeks already! Yay!

Pitchfork, still hoping for you--if nothing else you get the long luteal phase. It's nice that no matter what there's at least a silver lining.

More to Bhappy, I'm glad you stopped by.

: to everyone for BFPs to come and sticky babies to stay

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#302 of 316 Old 04-04-2009, 09:20 AM

Well Mamas, I started bleeding last night.

It was a chemical. When I compared yesterdays totally BFN negatives to the ones before, I can see the difference.

Well, I do know that I can get pregnant. And I have learned from you all that I can do some things to help make healthy eggs. My prayers were for healthy eggs and perfect chromasomes, so maybe this is natures answer to that prayer, IYKWIM...

Kristen, I am so glad to see your note this morning that you are starting to get excited! Congratulations!!

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
#303 of 316 Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 AM

Oh, Pitchfork I just went and checked your chart sorry about AF.
How disappointing especially after the two positives. That totally sucks! s

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#304 of 316 Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 PM

sorry Pitchfork. but i think you're right. better to wait for perfect eggs and chromosomes. you'll get it soon i think. CD 1 is always a fresh start.

#305 of 316 Old 04-04-2009, 04:06 PM

That's weird pitchfork I didn't see your post when I posted this morning. I think you are right healthy eggs and perfect chromosomes are what's important. It is an excellent sign that you can get pregnant. So I know you are disappointed but yes, there are things you can do to improve things. I know I wouldn't be pregnant without TCM and the supplements I am taking. A year ago I was ovulating on CD8, too early for a healthy egg. In May, I was told by the RE it was improbable that I would get pregnant without donor eggs. I am so glad I listened to the recommendations to try TCM and acupuncture. Best of luck this month. CD1 a new beginning, onward and upward.

#306 of 316 Old 04-04-2009, 04:48 PM

Ladies, I'm looking ahead just a bit...

Could you all help me with a list of supplements to take while ttc... what do you take? What's in your medicine cabinet?

My list is short, and I wonder what might help better prepare my body for another ttc. Please let me know what you are taking, thanks!!

My list:
  • Arctic cod liver oil
  • Rainbow Light food based Prenatal vitamins
  • (Maca: I tried this for a cycle or two before we conceived last time. Not sure if I will take it again.)

xoxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#307 of 316 Old 04-04-2009, 06:17 PM

Pitchfork hope next one is a sticky bean.

Kristin good luck, and good luck to DH on the job. I have a stupid ?- TCM is that Chinese medicine?

Ompath wow! Glad you're insurance is covering your IVF. June is a great birthday month, not too hot to be 40 wks preggo and good swimming weather. I loved the pool when I was preggo. Hope you hear from your clinic asap

BHappy I'm taking multivit and fishoil capsule and I bought some raspberry tea which I haven't tried yet.

Does anyone know what's the procedure on taking progesterone during the first few months of preg to prevent miscarriage? I took it with my 2nd pregnancy... should I be taking it during any future pregnancies as well?

I'll be away from the internet Sun- Tues, take care everyone and have a good week.

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#308 of 316 Old 04-04-2009, 07:34 PM

Yes, Lisa, i think if you were advised tot ake progesterone in a previous PG, unless youa hve evidence that your progesterone levels have increased since then, you should take it again.

Pichfork, I am sorry about the chemical. I think had I been an earlier tester I would have had a few of those too. Many hugs to you and best wishes for the next time you are PG which will be soon!

Kristin, I am also entirely convinced that it was the TCM that brought me this PG.

Me: 24 weeks today which is viability I guess. :

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#309 of 316 Old 04-04-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

Could you all help me with a list of supplements to take while ttc... what do you take? What's in your medicine cabinet?

My list is short, and I wonder what might help better prepare my body for another ttc. Please let me know what you are taking, thanks!!

My list:
  • Arctic cod liver oil
  • (Maca: I tried this for a cycle or two before we conceived last time. Not sure if I will take it again.)

xoxo

I am almost hesitant to write this out I have such a long list. Don't laugh too hard but here goes:
I took 3 different herbal preps from my TCM doc. I for each part of my cycle. CD3-12 I took a tea she mixed. it had almost a dozen different herbs in it at different times.
12-15 or until the day after O'ing I took something called ovulation support
Ovulation to CD1 I took a prep called Unicorn Pearl
Natural Progesterone cream from ovulation until absolutely certain AF in here

Every day I take:
Fish oil
Probiotics
Floradix (for iron)
Wheat grass (to reduce FSH, improve egg quality)
DHEA (to improve egg quality)
Spirulina
Red Algae
Blue Green algae
CoQ10
Pycnogenol
Royal Jelly
Bee Pollen
Organic Veggie supplement
Organic Fruit supplement
Alive! Multivitamin
Folic Acid
1,000 IU Vitamin D3
400 IU Vitamin E

I also did acupuncture 3 times a month from June until I couldn't do it any more in December.

I attribute the changes in my cycle and the drop in my FSH to the acupuncture, TCM, wheat grass, and DHEA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaSedai View Post
Pitchfork hope next one is a sticky bean.

Kristin good luck, and good luck to DH on the job. I have a stupid ?- TCM is that Chinese medicine?

Thank you and yes it's traditional chinese medicine. I agree with veganmama you should take the progesterone unless you know your levels have increased. Using the NPC after ovulation probably can't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Kristin, I am also entirely convinced that it was the TCM that brought me this PG.

Me: 24 weeks today which is viability I guess. :
There is no doubt in my mind either.

Yay, congratulations on making it this far. I remember with my daughter after getting to about 20-25 weeks thinking okay it's all down hill from here. You will be holding your little guy before you know it.

#310 of 316 Old 04-05-2009, 02:21 AM

Pitchfork. Sorry AF came, though glad for all the good things the cycle told you.

Yay for 24 weeks Veganmama!

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#311 of 316 Old 04-05-2009, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

My list:
  • Arctic cod liver oil

xoxo
Nettles infusion
Red clover infusion
*3-6-9 oil
*folic acid
*b6

* I am not very consistent when it comes to taking supplements. Right now I am working on taking the fish oil.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#312 of 316 Old 04-05-2009, 05:38 PM

HI All,

I do feel fortunate about the insurance, I didn't know we had that option.

I have a situation: CD 12 and today 13, heavy spotting, so much so this morning that I put in a "regular" tampon for an hour and half was brown blood with some red. My abdomen had been bloated for days, my period practically lasted to CD 8 with spotting till CD 9 (usually a 5-7 day cycle).

I NEVER have had spotting, ever, mid cycle. I'm not chating this month, just barely paying attention. Ov strip says no, but 2nd line loks to be getting darker. HPT neg. UG. What is this?
#313 of 316 Old 04-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Ompath - Possible cyst? Look at my last cycle (chart link in siggy) and you'll see that I just got over a super whacky cycle with multiple bouts of spotting interspersed with multiple bouts of fertile CM/CP. I am asssuming I had/have a functional cyst which is screwing up my hormones.

Lost you guys again - email crashed!

Will we be starting an April thread?

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
#314 of 316 Old 04-06-2009, 05:53 AM

Gee Karen, maybe a cyst, I'm going to call a doctor about this. I sure am nauseous. Crampy. Backache, and BFN. I'm pretty anemic, so this is not good for me. I'm upping the iron, and the fiber...
#315 of 316 Old 04-06-2009, 10:22 AM

Ompath I think spotting around ovulation can be a cyst. Most of the time they are not a problem. The other symptoms not sure. Have your cycles been fairly regular up until this cycle? Maybe it's just a weird cycle. That seems to be a common occurance after I turned 41. I hope you are feeling better today.

#316 of 316 Old 04-06-2009, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

New Thread over here http://www.mothering.com/discussions...6#post13504486

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page