40+ Marching on towards pregnancy - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2009, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jen - So glad to hear your ultrasound went well! That was such an exciting moment for me when I first saw the hb on ultrasound with my son. I will never forget it.

Elliesmomma - I'm sorry you had a scare. Glad to hear everything is fine with the baby.

VM & Beloved K - Thanks for the kind words. They mean a lot.

massaginmommy - Yay for no PMS! That is a great sign. Hope you get a BFP in a couple days. Fingers crossed for you!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Homeschooling mom to 2 boys (4/01) and (1/05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2009, 04:49 PM

Congrats, Sunrise! ::::::::

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 03-13-2009, 08:20 PM

Congrats Sunrise :::

Salt Phoenix, I totally get where you are coming from. I have very little drive, just enough combined with baby-drive to jump DH pre-O, but he doesn't seem to mind. The rest of the month, he can always initiate, although with our high needs DS, we are usually too tired.

Lynne, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Even though I feel we are "meant" to have another, there are days I feel like DS is not ready because of his sensory issues. Yet I feel our ages continuing to rise, and DH is older than I am. I too, admire your introspection.

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:19 PM

Congratulations SunRise! : Yay!

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 03-13-2009, 10:27 PM

Sunrise - ::::

Pookie - :

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
Old 03-14-2009, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you everyone, for your warm congrats! I am excited!

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
Old 03-14-2009, 02:59 AM

:

Old 03-14-2009, 07:56 AM

C&P from the other thread:

My temp is down if it goes up tomorrow I will probably be Oing!!

I am so worried about BF's granddaughter (he had DC young, and his son is 19 with a brand new baby) BF will go about 2 hrs away to see her (I hope she is okay, she stopped breathing 4 times and she is a week and a half old) I want him to go , I can't go with him though so I may miss out on BDing tonight I feel selfish thinking that way, the baby comes first. I hate to miss a month, but I have a good feeling about last night's BDing. We tried something different. Warning, TMI.

He *ahem* 'finished' before me, and then I 'finished' after him. I could almost feel the spermies being drawn in

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 03-14-2009, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

My temp is up today still no PMS signs I did a cheapo test but I spilled the pee (very clumsy lately) and didn't have much left to use. Plus I am only 10 dpo so hopefully too early. My acupuncturist was very encouraging yesterday and said having no PMS symptoms was a very good sign.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 03-14-2009, 11:01 PM

BelovedK - I hope you catch the egg! Any word on how the baby is doing? I hope she is okay.

Massaginmommy - 10 dpo is so early. The fact that you have no pms IS promising. The times that I've been lucky enough to conceive I had no pms to the point where I figured I must have O'd late and didn't even test until I was a week late. Thanks for the update. Hope those temps stay up for you

We just got home from an amazing dinner - lobster, wine, dessert. It was so good. I really needed that!

Homeschooling mom to 2 boys (4/01) and (1/05)
Old 03-15-2009, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Nicksmom Thanks! I know it is way early. I am not an early tester at all but yesterday the acu asked if I had taken any tests and it got me thinking. LOL I will wait now until af is late.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Oh and your dinner sounds super yummy!!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:11 AM

: congrats Sunrise! Have a happy and healthy 9 months

massaginmom BFP vibes comin right atcha, catch

BelovedK fingers and toes crossed for you, hope the grandbaby is getting stronger

Karen hope your cycles get back to normal ASAP

VeganMama hope DD is feeling better. It's so hard when the little ones are sick. DS was recently and he didn't even want to play or watch his favorite hot wheels DVD. He was so pitiful!

Elliesmom Hope your results come back quick and perfect

Pookietooth : on the good U/S. I was wondering what influenced your choice of going with a midwife? I wish I had gone with a MW for my first one but I was scared. Now I'm 95% sure I want a MW if I get pregnant if I can find a MW nearby. My OBGYN asked at the last appointment (like a year and a half ago) if I was considering getting pregnant (answer was no at the time b/c had not worked up courage to convince DH yet) I said no and asked if VBAC was available at the local hospital and she said yes it was available but the ACOG did not reccommend VBACs. ?!? Won't be going to *her* if I am lucky enough to get knocked up heh.

Nicksmom Happy belated aniversary :-) Our 6th is coming up in May, our budget is more like filet of fish and sweet tea instead of lobster and wine though. Heh. Know what you mean about economic pressures - that was one of the excuses DH gave for why he was not wanting to ttc. I put it to him this way, does he want our poor son Liam to be solely responsible for caring emotionally and financially for us, his feeble elderly parents when he grows up? (not that I'm not saving like crazy for retirement... but who knows what the 401K is going to look like when I'm 80? I figure I won't be able to retire till I'm 80 )

As for me, AF was sneaky and a day late so I wasted 3 tests. pfffft. My 41st birthday is coming up this month and I have told my family in lieu of gifts, I wish assistance cleaning my garage. I'd like to set up a play area for DS out there and possibly an arts and crafts space for DH.

Well best wishes and good luck to everybody!

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

Old 03-16-2009, 12:32 AM

Stealthee, I won't be able to leave you all even after DS#2 is born.

Laurie, yay for no PMS, I hope that this is it!

Still very, very happy about your BFP Sara! And we do get a lot more of them than "they" say we should on this thread, don't we?

Missing MsGBs.......

This is my third time using a midwife. Here in Ontario they are covered by Ontario Health Insurance Plan so it doesn't cost us anything. Nor do OBs of course since health care is completely paid for by tax dollars up here.

Anyway, I highly, highly recommend midwifery care. I would have ended up with way more interventions had I had an OB given how long and difficult my labours. And generally the more interventions the more risk to both mother and baby.

With DD I did end up with an epidural after 45 hours of labour and being stuck at 9.5 cm for 3 hours. The midwife recommeded it and I was able to start pushing 15 minutes after it was administered. With DS I had no interventions (other than the Gaskin Manouevre to ge this huge shoulders out).

Appointments are booked for an hour so you never feel rushed. Your chances of your midwife being at the delivery are 50%. But you will have met the other midwife at least 3 times. They come to your home the day after the birth, and day 3 and day 5. They will come more often if you need them like I did because DD's latch was not right.

I loved, loved, loved it.

However the demans far outstrips the supply here. I always call the day I get my BFP and book my first appointment. If you call after 6 weeks you will not get in.

Anyway, tangent over!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 03-16-2009, 12:42 AM

Wow veganmama, your dd is coming up before you know it. That is great that you are keeping us posted, offering hope I wish you the best

Yes, midwifery rocks!!! I had the same mw for my 2 DC, and she is so wonderful. I had to have hospital births, long story, and wasn't able to have my homebirth (but will this time but she helped me navigate the hospitals, and assisted me in having the least invasive axperience possible. I just LOVE her (she even had me rush to the toilet when she heard the nurses coming so they wouldn't check my cervix, I could hear her talking to them, they would go away too, it was a good thing, it is not comfy to be checked while in labor. Stay out of there!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 04:00 AM

Massagingmommy, I hope this is your month--change in pattern sounds good. :

BelovedK, sending good wishes to your BF's granddaughter, let us know how she's doing.

Lisa, another one here to say midwifery rocks. So many things about it were great for me. I switched from a family doctor who specialized in OB/GYN in my 6th month. The prenatal care I got was so, so, so much better. I know giving birth at home was much better for me, but I think where a mother gives birth should be wherever she feels most comfortable and that is different for different people.

AFM, we are still having our 'finishing' challenges (I like that way of saying it BK) despite quite a bit of fun creativity. We decided we'd do AI if the 'finishing' didn't happen to take the pressure off, and that's what we ended up doing. Now I kind of wish we'd 'finished' me to suck those swimmers up, but I was to scared to move and lose any. But it was very well timed and I'm hopeful.

So now I'm 2dpo. I've also had a birthday recently, so it is time to update me to 42 and hope I got an awesome birthday present.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 03-16-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaturMama View Post
[B]

BelovedK, sending good wishes to your BF's granddaughter, let us know how she's doing.

Lisa, another one here to say midwifery rocks. So many things about it were great for me. I switched from a family doctor who specialized in OB/GYN in my 6th month. The prenatal care I got was so, so, so much better. I know giving birth at home was much better for me, but I think where a mother gives birth should be wherever she feels most comfortable and that is different for different people.

AFM, we are still having our 'finishing' challenges (I like that way of saying it BK) despite quite a bit of fun creativity. We decided we'd do AI if the 'finishing' didn't happen to take the pressure off, and that's what we ended up doing. Now I kind of wish we'd 'finished' me to suck those swimmers up, but I was to scared to move and lose any. But it was very well timed and I'm hopeful.

So now I'm 2dpo. I've also had a birthday recently, so it is time to update me to 42 and hope I got an awesome birthday present.

I know you don't HAVE to 'finish' to conceive, it is cool to feel those swimmers go up there. BF would rather me 'finish' first, and the 2 times we worked it the other way, I was probably not fertile according to my temps.

I know what you mean by being scared to move, but if you prop up on a pillow, and just lay there for a while, it is also good. If you are 'finished' while propped up, then you wouldn't lose any, just a thought

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I am also 42. I will be 43 before I have another child because my Bday is in September.

Oh goodness, I am upset about my temps, I was hoping to O

ETA, BF's granddaughter (soon to be my step granddaughter ) is doing better, but still in the hospital until she can sleep and breathe on her own , her respiration and oxygen go way down when she sleeps, and she stopped breathing a few times and turned blue around the mouth I am so glad they were in a hospital, if she had been home I don't want to think about what would have happened. I can't believe I will be a step grandma

Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Waturmama Updated your age.

Me I am still not really having any PMS slight slight tenderness to the BBs yesterday I thought about testing this morning at 12dpo but held off. I feel a tiny bit nauseated today. Trying not to make too much out of every little thing. Don't want to get my hopes up. I have been really warm at night the last few nights. My temp is near coverline hopefully it will shoot back up. (I find it weird that if I am sleeping warm my temp is lower than if I am sleeping cooler)
Need to go get something to eat, maybe it will help the icky tummy.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:40 AM

BelovedK, I am so glad your soon-to-be step grandaughter is doing better!

Go Laurie!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 03-16-2009, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

BelovedK I meant to say I am glad the grandbaby is doing better also. Sorry I am a little self absorbed at this point in my cycle.

Thanks VG

Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
Waturmama Updated your age.

Me I am still not really having any PMS slight slight tenderness to the BBs yesterday I thought about testing this morning at 12dpo but held off. I feel a tiny bit nauseated today. Trying not to make too much out of every little thing. Don't want to get my hopes up. I have been really warm at night the last few nights. My temp is near coverline hopefully it will shoot back up. (I find it weird that if I am sleeping warm my temp is lower than if I am sleeping cooler)
Need to go get something to eat, maybe it will help the icky tummy.
That sounds promising Nausea was my main symptom last month, and I ended up with a BFP! It was also around 11/12dpo that it showed up.All I wanted to eat was pasta salad I don't even usually like it, I just wanted pasta. I also had a temp that went near coverline and was worried, it was too early for an implantation dip (3/4dpo) I am pulling for you, I'llo bet we hear good news in the next couple of days

Old 03-16-2009, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

I keep coming back here hoping there will be some magic information letting me know that I am pregnant. How pathetic is that? I don't think I can wait to test again. Maybe I will do the last cheapie tomorrow morning.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 PM

I did a frer at 13po and got a bfp, it was pretty clear, I didn't have to squint. If I was going to test early, I think I would get a frer.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

my acupuncturist recommended Clear Blue Easy but they are so spendy. I am going to hold off buying any tests until I am actually late. I have one more cheapie dollar store test here at home.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Good luck Laurie! (I can never find the icon for fingers crossed!)

Old 03-16-2009, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

thanks Sunrise Which tests did you use?

Old 03-16-2009, 02:50 PM

I first used Rite Aid (Drug store brand similiar to ept) trying to conserve money and also confident in the tests.

BUT after using the three tests, I started to doubt the results. The positive line was so faint and could disappear depending how I tilted the test. (In the past the positive result was more definite). So I bought the E.P.T that included 2 regular sticks and one digital. The two regular sticks showed a faint positive as well ... 3 tests were taken first thing in the morning ...

I used the digital today and it said pregnant...no uncertainty there ... I'm inclined to recommend a digital as they are straight forward (although denial and disbelief is partly to blame for me doubting the other kind of sticks)!

Old 03-16-2009, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

that is what acu said too it either says Pregnant if hcg is detected or not pregnant if it isn't No guessing or getting evap lines. So I think once I am late I will use a digital.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:12 PM

Hello everyone!

Laurie/MM: I've got my fingers crossed for you! :

Waturmama: Happy B-day and welcome to the 2ww.

Lisa: Sorry that sneaky AF found you. Great idea for a B-day present.

Nicksmom: Glad you had such a lovely anniversary dinner. You deserve it!

Veganmama: Whew, glad to know that you'll still be around after DS#2 is born! I miss Ms. GB, too. Hope she's doing well.

BelovedK: Glad to hear that step grand-baby to be is doing better. I hope you O soon.

Sunrise: Continuing to send you and all our other pregnant mamas sticky vibes. :

AFM: I'm 5 DPO and feeling generally cheerful for the first time since the m/c. I think the Chinese herbs are helping. My herbalist added a couple things for calming the spirit.

to all!

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
Old 03-16-2009, 06:26 PM

Thank you for the encouraging words, BK. I'm glad your almost step grand-baby is okay and that she was in the right place at the right time.

Massingmommy, I wonder if you are also coming here because if you are going to think about it all the time, it's nice to have company. I think that's how I am sometimes.

Hi Stealthee! We are almost cycle buddies. I am 3 DPO now.

The TWW is so strange because you are hoping for something that either has happened or not. It's like I want to send my wishes into the past--please let a swimmer have found that egg. Though I'm also sending wishes if it was found do that cell division dance so with beautiful precision, have a good journey, find a good place to settle.

I'm sending to all, too.

User Tag List