**TTC 6+ Months Thread ~ March** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2009, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, here it is, our Pilot TTC 6+ months Thread. (see previous thread here)

I know there are many on here that have been trying longer than that, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes. You ladies that have been trying 12+ months are an inspiration for all of us... we wish you ALL the best.

Still, TTC 6+ months brings a whole new feeling to a person's TTC journey, and it would be nice if we could share some of those feelings here.

Roll Call:

Lisko15 - TTC #3 since 8/08.

minsca - TTC #3 since 8/08; and Currently PG! Our First BFP!

KaliShanti - TTC #2 since 6/08; and BFP 3/10/09!!! :

ann_of_loxley - TTC #2 since 6/08. (Currently taking a break)

Lauren31 - TTC #1 since 01/18/08 - 1st cycle off BCP 12/13/08.

girl121 - TTC #1 since 6/08.

Mrs_Lurker - TTC #2 since 6/08.

MrsTC - TTC #3 since 8/08.

Tear78 - TTC #1 since 5/08, CP 12/08, m/c 9 weeks 2/09.

kparker - TTC #1 since 9/08.

Court - TTC #3/#1 since 8/08.

rhiandmoi - TTC #1 since 11/08 (short cycles).

jillc512 - TTC #3 since 8/08.

(Please let me know if anything should be corrected, changed or added... )

More ladies welcome!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 01:29 PM

Our very own thread! Thanks Lisko.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Old 03-02-2009, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies...

MrsTC - Your post on our last thread was so beautiful. Thank you for that! When TTC for DD, I did start to think it would never happen, which made the BFP a HUGE surprise! I'm not at that point yet this time around, and I'm hoping not to get there.

I do feel a need to let go of some of the urgency around getting PG. As much as I want to have that little baby in my tummy NOW, letting go makes AF's arrival much easier to take.

Quote:
Make a plan for what you do next, assuming that a baby will never come.
Hmm... I have plans for when the baby comes, as it means a job change (which I am really looking forward to lately). Guess I better think about a second plan!

Minsca - Thank you for your post as well and for the links to Caiden's photo journey. It was wonderful and brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine how hard all those years were on everyone involved.

Keep us posted on your PG-cy!

Ann -

Quote:
Do you think it will get easier? - Because honestly, I am in a bad spot right now (emotionally, mentally...) and then I think how stupid I am because there are people out there trying for YEARS ... I honestly don't know how they do it with the way I am currently feeling about this all. It must get easier right?
I think it does. Maybe you start to detatch emotionally from the reality of it all. Its probably a protection. There will still be hard days... but you start to think "if it doesn't work so many months, why will it work this time?" So you are still TTC... but with a more peaceful attitude around it. Does that make any sense at all????

Anyway, vent away here... we all understand and can certainly sympathize.

AFM - Again, I wish I had temped this cycle. I'm never sure of my ovulation date anymore. I have like a four day window when it "might" have been. Next cycle (if I need the next cycle) remind me that I WANT to temp.

I'm not enough dpo to be grasping at anything "fun". I won't test until 3/15.

Hi to everyone else!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15;13286736

[B
AFM [/B]- Again, I wish I had temped this cycle. I'm never sure of my ovulation date anymore. I have like a four day window when it "might" have been. Next cycle (if I need the next cycle) remind me that I WANT to temp.

I'm not enough dpo to be grasping at anything "fun". I won't test until 3/15.

Hi to everyone else!!!
I agree with you about temping... I think maybe the temping is making me anxious, but I think I would be TEN times moreso if I didn't temp!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Just -ing us up...

Lauren - Yeah, next cycle... remind me I want to get that thermometer out. DH will find it really amusing, if nothing else.

AFM - Maybe 5 dpo today and crampy.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

ing for Tear, 'cuz I said I would. :nana:

Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 PM

TTC is a rollercoaster ride. One minute you are calm and zen and the next you are POAS at 9dpo with afternoon pee

Old 03-05-2009, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Ladies,
Thanks for the invite, lisko! I am so glad to find this little crew! Lauren is so right, it's a rollercoaster. I think I err toward the side of obsession, personally. We have been trying since 5/08. right now, we're not in any part of the cycle....hm...I think I'm still miscarrying. bleh. So ready to be on CD1!!!!! Never thought I'd find myself saying that.
ps - we're TTC #1

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 03-05-2009, 08:30 PM

Nice thread. I think you have my date right...I try not to think about how many months we've been at this:

Speaking of temp-ing to better know when you're ovulating...I'm thisclose to getting a BBT for next month. I have a three day window, usually, and I'd like to know. that, or OPstrips. Is there a BBT that takes quick readings? My youngest usually wakes around 3am, and if I don't scoot out of bed pretty quickly to go tuck her back in, all hell breaks loose. I think what we have is a BBT, but takes minuteS to get a reading, so I can't use that one. Brand recommendations?

I got maca root tincture stuff in the mail today. I'm O-ing-ish but I hear it's good anytime, so I took 45drops. I *heart* that it's in grain alcohol. Whenever I take tinctures, I get a quick-lived buzz from the alcohol base. It's the only kicks I get these days.

Maybe it's all the energy I've been trying to channel this month, maybe it's wishful thinking, but today after the dna deposit, I had this feeling of calm come over me, like it worked. Which is physiologically impossible (though people talk about it happening)...spiritually possible, though. Baby would be due around my birthday...it will be my 30th. couldn't think of a nicer present. And that would take care of the matter of whether to have a party or not. I'd rather not, this would be a great excuse
Old 03-06-2009, 12:08 AM

Hi everyone!

7/8DPO today and no symptoms except my stomach has been upset the past day and I'm tired. But I doubt that is cycle-related at all. My temps are really high, too. I hope I'm not sick..

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Old 03-06-2009, 12:31 PM

Kali- I feel like everyone is getting sick these days! I spent the past two days with my MIL and her new baby and they both have horrible colds-- his turned into Krup and she took him to the ER a bunch of times.. joy to have that spreading around the house...

Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
TTC is a rollercoaster ride. One minute you are calm and zen and the next you are POAS at 9dpo with afternoon pee
- isn't that the truth!

Mrs TC - My DD2 still usually gets up during the night anytime between 1-3. It really didn't make that much of a difference when I took my temp at 5:30. I think it's because I was so used to get getting up in the middle of the night that it doesn't really disturb me that much anymore.
: that the DNA deposit will work this cycle!!! (I love that phrase, by the way!)

I hope you guys don't mind if I lurk and throw out the odd comment now and then. Especially as I know I'm going to be having to throw some : : : out there sooner or later. (: that it is sooner)

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 03-06-2009, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

So to see everyone here.... I just think it will be really nice for us to chat. I know sometimes the happiness we feel when others get BFPs after less time TTC-ing than us can be a little "mixed". So it will be comforting, in a way, to hang out together here.

Welcome Tear! I also err on the side of obsession. I wish I could be the type to just say, "when it happens, it happens, whatever", and not pay attention to my cycle. But how do you do that when you are trying?

I hope you are feeling okay today. Sounds like you had some scary stuff going on post D&C.

Lauren - Your MIL has a new baby? : I'm sure there is a great explanation... just sounds funny to read. My Mom had my youngest brother at 43, and ended up being PG with him at the same time one of my big sisters got PG. Pretty funny. When I was trying for DD (at this point Mom was 56, so a PG-cy wasn't likely), I asked her to try not to be PG with me. :nana:

POAS at 9dpo? Don't let it get you down... most likely WAY too soon.

Kali - I hope you aren't sick too! Are you getting settled in?

MrsTC - So... you also have a couple day window for ovulation? I guess it doesn't really matter... only makes for more BD-ing just in case. My DH hasn't complained. I guess I'm just curious which day it REALLY is, thus how long my LP really is. I don't have a suggestion for a quick temp taker... last I temped (so many years ago), it took a minute or two to register.

minsca - Lurk away! I think we all like to hear how former no-testers are doing in their pg-cy anyway.

AFM - I've been crampy on and off... and just not sure what to think. Oh well. Not much I can do at this point but WAIT. Within the next 4-5 days I may start to get some telltale PMS moodiness, and I'll know better.

:

Old 03-06-2009, 05:56 PM

Well my tummy is back to normal but my temps are still very high. Not sick, though.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Old 03-06-2009, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey guys. Long time no see! We have a thread now? o.O

My DH and I have been trying since late August/early September of '08. I guess you can put September since that cycle started on Aug. 26th... *checks her records all business-like*

This month was a rather non-stressful month. I only temped a bit to confirm O so that I wouldn't be caught out and about without protection with AF arrives. It was rather freeing not waking up every morning to temp and so far not watching any temps fall as I get closer to AF, and I think I'm going to continue to do that.

I hope everyone is doing well

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12
Old 03-06-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post
I guess you can put September since that cycle started on Aug. 26th... *checks her records all business-like*
up
omg...I guess we all totally have a pile of old charts to sift through and look all professional with by now.

ps--I think I'm gonna take the medicine to help me get everything out now. I'm pretty scared. Oog.

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 03-06-2009, 08:49 PM

OOch, meds to clear you out...sounds painful. I'm so sorry this is dragging out so long, Tear. You have an amazingly positive attitude about it.

SO tired of BDing. I think my O cramping is done, had good mucous yesterday and today, got a shot in both days. DH doesn't mind, but I'll be glad to be not having sex on cue. Is it bad that I think about all the women here, BDing on command that is given by slippery mucous and high O temps, when I'm trying to turn off my brain and get into the mood? I wonder how you all do it. Because I know i'm not the only one who would rather not be in bed, feeling half clinical about it, half eh about it, wishing for a deposit to be magically made so we could get on with things, and save sex for when it would be more fun. Anyway, glad mine is done for this month. If I have more O cramping or good mucous tomorrow I will totally be about it. Come on already.

And about the charts...I hid my old ones from myself so I wouldn't have them to compare to and obsess over. It was doing bad things to my brain. But I didn't do anything reckless like throwing them away. Oh-no, that would be like cutting off an appendage.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post
I'm so sorry this is dragging out so long, Tear. You have an amazingly positive attitude about it.
lol...that varies from post, to post, I think. Want proof? Go check out my "no-stressor" post. : momentary insanity, I swear. I hope your deposits were well-processed, so to speak.

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 03-07-2009, 04:30 PM

Hey ladies, I think I'll join you We've been trying since 08-08, for my #3, and dh's #1. Oh my gosh, just taking a few days off from obsessing here at MDC really helped. I felt so much more present in my everyday life. So, I think this thread would be good for me, because I don't so much need to talk about which day I'm testing, etc...but about my random rollercoaster moods. I feel like I'm starting to depress dh sometimes.

Tear- I hope your post d&c stuff is going okay, makes me light-headed just thinking about it. (hugs)

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Old 03-07-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court View Post
I don't so much need to talk about which day I'm testing, etc...but about my random rollercoaster moods. I feel like I'm starting to depress dh sometimes.

Tear- I hope your post d&c stuff is going okay, makes me light-headed just thinking about it. (hugs)
Court, I know what you mean. I feel like, especially next time the tww comes, I'm going to have an even less test-friendly perspective. I know that, if I find out I'm pregnant again, I'll just start Worry Phase Part II. It's definitely a roller-coaster, and it's hard when you're worried about how you're bringing other people down AND you're feeling down yourself. Maybe you just need to feel what you're feeling, communicate that need to DH, and try to do the best you can for him in return...at least that's what I'm trying on my end. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm sorry if I freaked everybody out with my stories. It may have been more appropriate to post elsewhere, but this is my little MDC home, and you ladies are the ones I'm most comfortable with. Thanks for listening. I'm feeling much better today, and hoping I'm heading forward to recovery now.

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 03-07-2009, 08:05 PM

Tear and Court, we are all in such different places in our lives that we can all benefit from everyone's stories. Just because what works for one woman won't work for every woman on here (ie testing, talking, lurking etc), it doesn't mean we should not express our emotions and experiences. I think it will help the group as a whole to hear about everything

Old 03-07-2009, 08:11 PM

Thank you, Lauren. That means a lot to me.

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 03-07-2009, 08:40 PM

Me, today...

Will the cramping end so I don't feel panicked like I need to BD again...AGAIN? More mucous today, more than the last two days. Hoping the last two deposits were good enough, I'm really not in the mood. Maybe I will be tonight. *sigh* I better get a baby out of this.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Me, today...

Will the cramping end so I don't feel panicked like I need to BD again...AGAIN? More mucous today, more than the last two days. Hoping the last two deposits were good enough, I'm really not in the mood. Maybe I will be tonight. *sigh* I better get a baby out of this.
you sound like me 12 days ago. I hope this is it and you O!!! :

Old 03-08-2009, 11:41 AM

OK well temp is slightly down and a BFN. I think this is not my month. Top it all off I just found out a couple very very close to me and my husband are separating from their marriage...

Old 03-08-2009, 12:40 PM

MrsTC - I hope you Od!

Lauren - don't give up hope! Pregnant ladies have fluctuations in their temps, too. I'm so sorry about your friends...what a difficult time!

AFM - my temp is still up. : Never thought I would be this anxious to have it drop. I hope DH and I get pregnant this month, because the BD is promising to be GREAT! We are on doctor's orders not to BD for two weeks..which would end this Friday, right before DH goes away. We're both starting to be like abstaining teenagers around each other. Now if only I can O at the right time, either right before, or right after DH goes to Germany..... Otherwise, we're going to have to remember to keep BDing fun and exciting somehow. I really think this is a key element to having it work, at least for us, because I don't have so much great CM. BD every OTHER day, but make it count.

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 03-08-2009, 02:15 PM

Yay. The mucous was gone last night and nothing this morning.

I'm still feeling a big internal struggle with myself over surrendering to the idea/fact that I cannot influence when another baby comes. Sometimes I'm really zen about it and sometimes I feel like I'm going to melt down about it if I let myself think too much...like how you can give yourself a panic attck if you think too much about death or eternity or something like that.

And in the back of my mind, I wonder if I wouldn't come to a better place if I just let myself *go there* of if it would be counterproductive or even harmful to my mind to go there. Is there insight in the dumps, or am I supposed to be learning to move on in spite of so many unanswered questions and holes in my understanding about everything?

And still other times because for some reason I can again sense what it feels like to have a baby growing in my belly, can feel a balled up newborn in my arms, smell that new baby smell, if the time is nearing. Or maybe it's just part of my healing from the dumps.

...It will be a great day indeed when I am liberated from thoughts like these, when another baby makes its entrance into my life, our family.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:29 PM

omg - MrsTC, while reading your post I was hit - WHAM - with a memory of a dream I had last night. I was holding a precious newborn baby in my arms, feeling its weight, smelling its smell, and protecting it from harm. That's all I remember. I don't yet know what it feels like, but I'm so yearning for that moment. It is so difficult to accept that I don't get to decide when this will happen, especially when at cycle one I was dreaming of planning exactly what time of year I would have a baby, but right now I'm letting myself succumb to the emotions. Exhibit A: I'm logged on practically 24/7. My name continues to dominate the list of most recent posts. I don't know if this is healthy or not. But it's definitely part of my journey, and I can't deny what my body is feeling. I can't push it deep inside...it'll come out in unhealthy and unexpected ways if I do.

ps-I'm so glad you seem to have Od!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 03-08-2009, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies...

I'm so glad our little thread is moving along! I really hoped it could be a place where we could just chat... hopefully helping us deal with our "rollercoaster moods".

Court & kparker - thanks for joining!

I like that "rollercoaster" adjective. TTC is so much a rollercoaster. I want to stop thinking about if I'm PG or not, and just be happy with what I have. But I just so want that little baby again, and this time with a happy, very supportive DH. It makes me so excited to even think of it!

I have to admit I'm definitely more in the "mood" when ovulating, so all the BD-ing isn't too bad. After 4 times in a row I might get a little tired of it though... Its during the TWW that I have virtually NO libido... <sigh>

Lauren31 - Sorry to hear about the couple separating... that is hard, especially if you spent time with them as a couple.

MrsTC -

Quote:
Sometimes I'm really zen about it and sometimes I feel like I'm going to melt down about it if I let myself think too much...like how you can give yourself a panic attck if you think too much about death or eternity or something like that.
You are so very, very good with words. Again, its that rollercoaster. When I think about it not happening (since who really knows if/when it will?) then I can really feel the panic rising. I want to tell DH how it makes me feel, but he probably just wouldn't get it. As a man, he just isn't super aware of every twinge, how many dpo I "might" be, the countdown until AF might get here... and all of that.

I'm very glad you think you O'd and you can have a BD break. I'm hopeful for you!

Tear78 - All I can say is from what I see and read, you are doing amazingly well and staying so very positive after the 9 week loss. After so many weeks being PG, you definitely don't want to think about something like that happening. Especially with no signs. Considering that, I think you are doing quite well and your eagerness to "get the show on the road" is normal and expected.

I read on the No-Testers that you and DH had a good long talk about everything... I'm so glad, since men definitely communicate and deal with things differently than women... it was probably important for him to really know how you are feeling. I hope that your body gets going again quickly for you, so you can hold that precious newborn baby in your arms very, very soon.

A sentence in Tear's post struck me -

Quote:
Especially when at cycle one I was dreaming of planning exactly what time of year I would have a baby...
In some ways, that is the problem. Everything is take birth control, don't get PG, go off birth control, get PG... that's what we hear, observe, and get ingrained into our brains. So when it doesn't happen like its "supposed to" it really, truly makes us s.

Anyhow, remember on the No-Testers thread we used to have a OT question game? I think maybe we should start it again over here. Get us all thinking about something different at least for a minute or two....

(However, now I have to think of a question no one asked over there...)

If you could move anywhere in the world (or country) where would you go?

I'm picky about temperature. I don't like it too cold (silly me, I live in New York State) and I don't like it too hot & humid... I'd love to live somewhere where it is 65-70 degrees and mostly sunny YEAR ROUND. Absolutely perfect. Where that is, besides somewhere in California or Hawaii, I'm not sure.

AFM - I don't really know how many dpo I am. Could be 10, could be closer to 6. Trying really hard not to obsess. :

Old 03-08-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I'm still feeling a big internal struggle with myself over surrendering to the idea/fact that I cannot influence when another baby comes. Sometimes I'm really zen about it and sometimes I feel like I'm going to melt down about it if I let myself think too much..
You hit the nail on the head. I feel just like this! Especially since I'm trying for my second baby, I feel MORE of a rush against time than my first, because I don't want my first to be my only for long... I want him to share life with a sibling that is not TOO much younger....

AFM: I'm 10/11 DPO and I have no cramping or pre-AF spotting ( I have started spotting & cramping around 8-9 DPO the last few cycles) So that's good at least; even if I'm not pregnant, maybe my cycles are getting more "normal"...

Besides being maybe a bit hungrier/more tired than normal (except I do get hungry in the TWW anyway) I feel normal.

User Tag List