Magic spell to get pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've found it! A way around mother nature--bring on the magic!

Seriously. I found this book at the library (if it's in a book, then it MUST be true)...if I don't come up pg this cycle, maca and this spell will be doing it for me next cycle OR ELSE....ya hear me, stork?

From Magic When You Need It...150 Spells You Can't Live Without, by Judika Illes

How to Get Pregnant (when the old fashioned way isn't working)

What a little moonlight can do
1. Fill a bowl halfway with water, preferably ocean or river water, but bottled spring water will do, too.
2. Beginning at the new moon, take the bowl outside and leave it in the moonlight for a minimun of three hours.
3. Carefully bring it inside and put the bowl of moon-charged water under the bed in the vicinity of where the woman's belly most frequently rests. For maximum effectiveness, the woman should keep her belly situated above the bowl as much as possible, whenever she's in the bed.
4. Repeat this ritual for fourteen nights or until the appearance of the full moon. Make love as inspired.

Filled to the Brim
1. Line a charm bag with some dried mother of thyme.
2. Fill the bag with cowrie shells, a small piece of silver, and a lodestone anointed with Astarte Oil (coriander, hasmine, neroli or petitgrain, and rose essential oils in sweet almond oil). Astarte is the ancient Semitic spirit of fertility; her name is believed to mean "filled womb."
3. Wear the bag around your waist, under your clothes. (Anointing the woman's thighs with Astarte Oil prior to sex may also be beneficial).

One other note: Verify that all containers in your home (boxes, canisters, vases, and so on) are not empty. Place tiny baby doll toys inside anything that could be construed as an empty container.

Okay. Now up for discussion...

what if you don't ovulate around the full moon? I do, but what do you do for those that don't? AND...do you stay up for three hours every night to charge your water, or do you think maybe you can have a bowl outside, charging, and one that you're sleeping on?

Anybody know what a cowrie shell is or where I can get one?

Do you think it's easier to purge empty containers or try to fill them all? Never a better reason to pare down the tupperware, I suppose....
#2 of 23 Old 03-04-2009, 10:15 PM

You're right... if a book says it it must be true

I was wondering what a cowrie shell was too so I googled it and it's a group of large sea snails. I think I may have picked some of those up when I was last at the ocean

It says the the water needs to be moon light charged for minimum of 3 hours... so can you leave it out all night and then put it under the bed all day?

Ahhh. now I know my problem... I have empty containers in my house. That's a lot of tiny baby dolls... DH might start to wonder if I've gone off the deep end if I put baby dolls in anything that could be construed as an empty container

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#3 of 23 Old 03-05-2009, 01:56 AM

I am not sure about the moon light or the cowrie shell.. but all my empty containers are getting filled or tossed...

Thanks for the post... It was great
#4 of 23 Old 03-05-2009, 01:57 AM

Is the name of the spell Fertilitus Pregnatus?

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#5 of 23 Old 03-05-2009, 07:39 AM

, I think I might actually try it

I have a bunch of cowrie shells from my bellydance costumes.

Whatever will be, already is...

#6 of 23 Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ View Post
Is the name of the spell Fertilitus Pregnatus?
I didn't see anything about that. I'm assuming you're asking, seriously. Why do you ask? Is there a better spell out there?

I realized I had some empty play bed boxes I made for the kids' stuffed animals that have been empty for MONTHS...filled them the other day when I was packing.

Going to maybe go cut up some grass or something to fill a few vases I don't want to purge....

Where can I get cowrie shells in KANSAS?
#7 of 23 Old 03-05-2009, 02:42 PM

My guess for cowrie shells in kansas would be a bead store. They're often used in jewelery.

Good luck!

Mom of DD 1 blahblah.gif and DD 2 blowkiss.gif

#8 of 23 Old 04-04-2009, 07:12 PM

OMg, I am going to have to dig through my collection of pagan books from my silly teenage years and look for something now! My problem is the darn dog would likely drink all the water out of the bowl under the bed, run off, then come back knocked up!
kitteh likes this.
#9 of 23 Old 04-04-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbttc View Post
omg, i am going to have to dig through my collection of pagan books from my silly teenage years and look for something now! My problem is the darn dog would likely drink all the water out of the bowl under the bed, run off, then come back knocked up!
lol!

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
#10 of 23 Old 04-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post

2. Beginning at the new moon, take the bowl outside and leave it in the moonlight for a minimun of three hours.

Uhm, I don't mean to be a dork, but isn't there a big lack of moonlight during a new moon?
I take it full moon? I am Pagan, and am assuming they mean full moon? But the wife of the amateur astronomer (I have a 6' telescope in my master bedroom to prove it, LOL), just thinks new moon=darkness .

Head covering Pagan-Quaker mama to 6yo DS, and DH. Recent WAHM www.napleshealthadvisers.com
#11 of 23 Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBTTC View Post
OMg, I am going to have to dig through my collection of pagan books from my silly teenage years and look for something now! My problem is the darn dog would likely drink all the water out of the bowl under the bed, run off, then come back knocked up!

Head covering Pagan-Quaker mama to 6yo DS, and DH. Recent WAHM www.napleshealthadvisers.com
#12 of 23 Old 04-05-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBTTC View Post

That's so hilarious! (And what would probably happen with my dog, minus the knocked up part, took care of that!)
#13 of 23 Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyfollow View Post
Uhm, I don't mean to be a dork, but isn't there a big lack of moonlight during a new moon?
I take it full moon? I am Pagan, and am assuming they mean full moon? But the wife of the amateur astronomer (I have a 6' telescope in my master bedroom to prove it, LOL), just thinks new moon=darkness .
I was thinking the same thing. Not only is there no moonlight at new moon, but the moon isn't up at night -- only during the day -- in that phase, and for a few days after. If you leave the bowl out at night, you're missing the moon completely. If you leave it out in the day, you're going to get an awful lot more sunshine in the bowl than moonlight.

Mama to sweet, funny Eli 9/05 and snuggly Akash 12/09
#14 of 23 Old 04-05-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyfollow View Post
The original meaning of the phrase new moon was the first visible crescent of the Moon, after conjunction with the Sun. I think its a fair bet that pagans would use the original meaning and not the newer astronomical meaning.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#15 of 23 Old 05-04-2010, 03:41 AM

thanks for sharing this with us

--------------------

<a href="http://www.actualtests.com/exam-642-357.htm">642-357</a>
<a href="http://www.actualtests.com/exam-642-972.htm">642-972</a>
<a href="http://www.actualtests.com/exam-642-736.htm">642-736</a>
<a href="http://www.actualtests.com/exam-1z0-053.htm">1z0-053</a>

Suman
#16 of 23 Old 05-04-2010, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i think its more common to ovulate with the new moon, not the full moon. right?

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#17 of 23 Old 05-04-2010, 04:50 PM

Here is a picture of a Cowrie shell for those wondering:

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230...0_ED6A00D2.jpg

And here for another variation:

http://www.sealifegifts.net/user_ima...ger_Cowrie.jpg

You can find them in any jewelry-making, craft or bead shop. You can definitely find them in a magick shop if you have on near you.

The reason a cowrie is used is because it has been a symbol of fertility, birth, feminine power and prosperity for thousands of years. Look at the shell. One side looks like a vulva. The other side looks like a swollen belly. Another sacred aspect is that it comes from the ocean, where all life originated. Mother ocean is a huge symbol of fertility and life. Cowrie shells were also used as currency, which is why they are associated with prosperity (both in money and in good fortune). It's a perfect little tool to use in spells for fertility or anything dealing with womanhood. It also has a vast history with people of African, Asian and Middle Eastern descent. The shells are used as part of an important divination ritual for some cultures.

As for the moon, yes you want to start on the calendar date of the New Moon. It doesn't matter that you cannot see her or that her position is different from one night to the next. Clouds in the way don't matter. What matters is her energy. Spells for gaining things, for health, prosperity and for attracting things to you are usually done between the first of the new moon up until the full moon. After the full moon and until the next new moon are for spells involving banishment and getting rid of negative energy. So, you are leaving the bowl out at the start of the New Moon because this is the beginning of the waxing phase. In Goddess lore, this represents the Goddess in the Maiden aspect and then as the Mother (full moon). The period from the full moon to the next new moon represent the Crone.

Here is a good site with the Moon phases:

http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_p...calendar.phtml

Just a little info from your friendly neighborhood Christopagan. Hope it helps.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#18 of 23 Old 05-04-2010, 09:56 PM

As a practicing Wiccan, and someone who has successfully used a fertility spell before, I would say it's best to start charging the bowl of water just after the new moon, when the moon is waxing (getting bigger...which is what you want your belly to do!) The last night to charge the bowl is the night before the full moon, since you want no waning energy (taking away or making something less) in your spell. On the last waxing night of the full moon, speak your desire for a child directly at the full moon, and leave nothing out. Say that you want a healthy child, that you want a complication free-delivery, and that you want to carry the child to term. Leave the spell no "out" to cause heartache for you later. End your request with "An It Harm None" and that should cover your bases. Good luck ladies!

Sarah~ Crunchy, Wiccan, AP, Gemini mama who loves her amazing 3 year old little man and energetic DH. Learning to cope with the idea of a 2nd son.
#19 of 23 Old 06-16-2012, 03:20 PM

I was just wondering what the book is called. Im new at this and Ive been looking into wicca for a while. I thought I might be able to find a spell to get pregnent. My husbands not very fertile and we have lost a baby already I was 5 months and we have been trying for about a year and a half. So anything that cout help would be appreciated. That spell and all that. Thanks

rinap likes this.
#20 of 23 Old 09-30-2012, 07:07 AM

LOL

#21 of 23 Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 AM

LOL

#22 of 23 Old 10-01-2012, 07:36 PM

Great thread to revive! Just in time for the new moon too........orngbiggrin.gif

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#23 of 23 Old 04-15-2014, 09:08 AM

I've been trying to get pregnant for almost two and half years now and no luck. Dr says everything is fine with both of us. It just breaks my heart and frustrating bc we're trying everything. I have a daughter from before I ever met my husband and she wasn't planned but it was not difficult to conceive. Idk what else to do or where to turn. Please help me find a Wicca spell that will definitely work I've found a few but will cost me an arm and a leg to cast. Advice please

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page