Red Raspberry for Estrogen help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-07-2009, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The first part is my background...the actually question is below. feel free to skip down.

So, I'm trying to get my PPAF back after losing our son last June (her was full term). I have a nursing toddler, but recently nightweaned and mostly day wenaed her. However, it's been 9 months and I'm DYING to get my cycles back because we've been wanting to conceive for months now.

I have 2 other children and AF came back at 5 months after my first, and at 11 months after my second. This is the first time while waiting for AF that I've been using herbs and partial weaning to bring it on (so I was hoping it'd come faster).

Anyhow...... I tried vitex and that did nothing. I tried a little black co hosh/red clover tablets, and it did nothing. So now I'm trying Red Raspberry leaf tea. I was taking the capsules for the longest time, but I had a friend say the tea worked much better for her (in general. she wasn't ttc).

My temps have been up and down like a seismograph, and I was noticing that even my lows weren't as low as they should be. But ever since drinking the tea twice a day I've noticed the lows are low and staying there.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Oh, I've gone to see the ob/gyn a couple times, and the first time she said I had low estrogen. That was probably 2 months ago. Could estrogen levels balance out that quickly?
#2 of 8 Old 03-07-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful2009 View Post
My temps have been up and down like a seismograph, and I was noticing that even my lows weren't as low as they should be. But ever since drinking the tea twice a day I've noticed the lows are low and staying there.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Oh, I've gone to see the ob/gyn a couple times, and the first time she said I had low estrogen. That was probably 2 months ago. Could estrogen levels balance out that quickly?
I think if there was an imbalance and you started eating healthier/taking certain herbs, etc your estrogen imbalance could even out. I am not certain but I do know that RRL tea helped me get my period back after stopping the pill. It took a LONG time 11 months! ugh... I would try to avoid all soy if I were you, it could have a bad impact on estrogen levels.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#3 of 8 Old 03-07-2009, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
I think if there was an imbalance and you started eating healthier/taking certain herbs, etc your estrogen imbalance could even out. I am not certain but I do know that RRL tea helped me get my period back after stopping the pill. It took a LONG time 11 months! ugh... I would try to avoid all soy if I were you, it could have a bad impact on estrogen levels.
Oh man! I tried putting soy into my diet when I first found out my estrogen was low. It's been a good few weeks since I've been off of it. Thanks for the tip.

Were your cycles regular before being on the pill or before doing anything?
I've had a few different times within the last month that felt like my regular ovulation pain, but seeing my chart, nothing has happened.
#4 of 8 Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM

Before going on the pill I had my period every 28 days. I never had PMS or bad cramps or anything. I just went on it at age 17 for my skin, it was slightly pimply... (goodness I was vain). Either way, it happened with my sister too- and we both went a year before regaining our cycles... I know I ovulated before I got my period, so be cautious!!

#5 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

So far so good. My temps have been down ever since taking the RRL. I'm staying hopeful! It's been about 17 days, and in teh past I would O on days 18 or 19. I'm curious what will happen from here.

If my estrogen raised and my temps are better on this side of Oing, do you think my progesterone would even out as well, or still be low? (Although, I've yet to O or have any PPAF since last June, so I really have nothign to compare to this time around...just hoping to catch a first egg ).
#6 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 08:09 AM

hopeful2009, I just want to say that I am so sorry that you lost your son I can't imagine

Whatever will be, already is...

#7 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful2009 View Post
So far so good. My temps have been down ever since taking the RRL. I'm staying hopeful! It's been about 17 days, and in teh past I would O on days 18 or 19. I'm curious what will happen from here.

If my estrogen raised and my temps are better on this side of Oing, do you think my progesterone would even out as well, or still be low? (Although, I've yet to O or have any PPAF since last June, so I really have nothign to compare to this time around...just hoping to catch a first egg ).
You should link your chart so we can all stalk you : haha good luck catching that first egg!

#8 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6266a I know it just looks crazy to everyone else, but to me it looks like my hormones are at least leveling out a bit. (lows staying at 97.5 and lower now) I know I haven't ovulated or anythign since I have no cycles back yet, but I was trying things to get my estrogen and progesterone back to normal.

BelovedK - Thank you. It definately has been a rough 9 months. That's one thing I have to remind myself of while on the ttc boards. I would technically have a 9 month old right now (we lost him when he was 4 days old), and that 9 months PP isn't that far along. And I have a nursing toddler still (a few times a day), so I'm sure my body thinks I have a baby of some sort. However, all I can think about is filling empty arms, so getting pg again is on dh's and I's mind DAILY. Just waiting and praying for that first egg.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page