Vegans TTC ~ Spring/Summer - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 875 Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksteracious View Post
Thank you!!! I'll definitely be using that saved HPT and OPK money to buy something cute for baby. I get a discount at the kids' clothing shop where I work, so I plan to go crazy!
I'm so happy for you! I kept telling my DH about this mama on the veganTTC thread that is going to be a mama!! So exciting! Is your DDC open yet?

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 875 Old 06-04-2009, 02:34 AM

the Feb DDC is open, yes.

good morning ladies! I am so tired, this week is awfully busy at work but I'll have a nice and relaxing weekend I'm sure. take care!

hh2.gif

#303 of 875 Old 06-04-2009, 08:43 AM

Hey gals-I could use some input here....

My temps never came back down after AF. usually they are between 97.7-97.9 pre-AF and go between 98.2-98.7 after ovulation. I took my temp on Tues. for the first time this cycle and I was still at 98.2.....yesterday I went down to 98.0 but today I went back up to 98.2. I had a full 5 days of AF (usual for me) but it was much lighter than usual..... The only other things I could chalk the funky temps to is- maybe this is gearing up to be an annovulatory cycle or a slight fever- I went to the beach on Monday and got pretty sunburned in a few places where I missed sunscreen.

I got a BFN 11DPO last cycle but didn't test after that since AF came as scheduled 14DPO.... Should I try another PG test since my temps are still up?

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#304 of 875 Old 06-04-2009, 01:12 PM

Hey vegans .

Jen, your temps could be a little high from the sunburn. I might test just to get the thought out of my head. Some women do bleed during pg, so it is possible. But for me, even a bfn would be welcome so I could move on to the next cycle knowing for sure.

Hey oceane! Sorry you are tired . But, busy is good for us in the folicular phase. At least you have something to take your mind off of waiting for the illusive O. Just keep looking forward to that relaxing weekend come up!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#305 of 875 Old 06-04-2009, 06:37 PM

Fastest move of our lives! It was a u-load and u-unload since we are tight on cash. Money wise it was worth it, but we are both so so tired out. No tears, no major injuries, everything is set up and nearly all unpacked. So fast. Not even 7 hours after we started our day, haha.

So now that we have our home, we can start to tango again! Yippee. I hope this is our month. If we have any energy left hahaha

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#306 of 875 Old 06-05-2009, 02:59 AM

Jen, I'd wonder about that, too, and take a test just to get an answer! I think your overall temp pattern can also fluctuate, so you might have a higher temp cycle? test to get it out of your head! (though a bfp would be welcome, of course )

hesperia, speedy workers enjoy a place that is all yours

snow~pea, I know I shouldn't be so whiny it's all a-ok. still, loving that it's Friday. hope you're doing ok in this waiting period...

hi lizzy, talula, veganmama, cinnamon and everyone I keep forgetting (cupcake!) any births imminent?

hh2.gif

#307 of 875 Old 06-05-2009, 08:42 AM

I got a BFN and my temp went up to 98.4 this morning. I'm hoping you're right Oceane, but I'm starting to think this will be another annovulatory cycle

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#308 of 875 Old 06-05-2009, 10:22 AM

(((((Hugs))))) Jelinifer!

Very, very emotional today. There was a still birth in my DDC. I realize statistically there will likely be one or two in every DDC but I didn't expect to be thrown for such a loop by it.

33 weeks tomorrow.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#309 of 875 Old 06-05-2009, 10:37 AM

Veganmama- Thanks!

Good luck with the home-stretch!!!!

#310 of 875 Old 06-05-2009, 01:13 PM

Hesperia, yay for a fast move! Now relax and enjoy your new place.

oceane, so far the wait is going ok. I keep forgetting to temp, I guess my sleeping self doesn't want to wake up enough to anything other than hit the snooze.

Jen, I hate crazy cycles! It sucks, but all you can do is wait and see how it plays out. I hope its just a higher temp cycle or the sunburn.

Veganmama, I can totally understand why you would be upset by that. Statistics are just numbers, people are people even when you only know them online. I would be very upset if that happened to one of you. Lots of hugs and healthy baby vibes coming your way. :

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#311 of 875 Old 06-05-2009, 02:07 PM

for veganmama.

hh2.gif

#312 of 875 Old 06-05-2009, 02:22 PM

vm, I read about a stillbirth of someone I had "known" on MDC a few months ago, and it was heartbreaking. There but for the grace of God go I. to you and especially to that mama.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#313 of 875 Old 06-06-2009, 04:49 AM

Jen, at least you've got an answer... don't give up hope yet it might not be an anovulatory cycle! :

hh2.gif

#314 of 875 Old 06-06-2009, 11:43 AM

vm -hugs- It's just awful. I have to try to avoid reading those threads because I become so horribly emotional over the mama's loosing their babies. Incredibly heartbreaking. That thought is constantly in the back of my mind because my mom lost one at 8 months along before I came along. I don't think that will increase my chances of that happening, but it's just close to home. I try to stay positive and just keep on trying to do the best I can for this little one, who is kicking up a storm. I swear, s/he is going to be a drummer!:

Good Luck Jelinifer.
I keep sticking around trying to be contagious to you all.

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#315 of 875 Old 06-06-2009, 02:23 PM

VM - Huge hugs s It really is painful to read.

Jelinifer- good luck and keep your hopes up!

Hello to everyone!

#316 of 875 Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 PM

Alright, I've added my chart, although not temping. Do people like to chart stalk without temps? haha.

Maybe that would be just looking at our BDing, and that might be weird. haha. Either way it is in my siggy for me to look at

#317 of 875 Old 06-06-2009, 11:54 PM

Hesperia I have my fingers crossed for you! DH and I were actually planning on starting TTC on our anniversary (June 26), but couldn't wait! I'm impressed with your patience!

Vegan mama looking forward to meeting my baby in July 2010!
#318 of 875 Old 06-07-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post

hi lizzy, talula, veganmama, cinnamon and everyone I keep forgetting (cupcake!) any births imminent?
Things are getting closer.. I am just a few days from 37 weeks and I would welcome him to come any time after then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post

Very, very emotional today. There was a still birth in my DDC. I realize statistically there will likely be one or two in every DDC but I didn't expect to be thrown for such a loop by it.
I've been really bothered by it too Sending our babies healthy, full term vibes...

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#319 of 875 Old 06-07-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksteracious View Post
Hesperia I have my fingers crossed for you! DH and I were actually planning on starting TTC on our anniversary (June 26), but couldn't wait! I'm impressed with your patience!
Since I've been ready for like 4 years a few extra days wont hurt
Plus, Dh had said when things are more financially stable ie aiming for 2 years from now. Then he turned it all around and was ready! So, I'm still slightly in shock that we are HERE at this time! I do ask him daily if he is ready/sure/looking forward to etc etc. He is elated and ready. Amazing.

I just finished sewing my first sewing project with a pattern, this sweet little newborn sleep sack. It is so pretty I cannot believe I made it. So pretty. I will post some photos tomorrow.

#320 of 875 Old 06-07-2009, 05:26 AM

yes, post pictures! I do not buy or make anything for baby right now (though I have kept some children's books from my childhood) because it makes me feel sad and anxious. I think about it daily though so I don't mind getting inspiration from you!

hh2.gif

#321 of 875 Old 06-07-2009, 06:54 PM

Here is a photo of the sleep sack. I still am amazed I made it.

#322 of 875 Old 06-08-2009, 02:50 AM

cute!

hh2.gif

#323 of 875 Old 06-08-2009, 08:53 AM

Hesperia: Too cute!!! I got a sewing machine for my b-day back in April and I keep wanting to try my hand at making cloth diapers.... seeing how good your project came out will give me the push I need to dust my toy off and play around a bit

#324 of 875 Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 PM

Hesparia, that is very very cute! All you crafty ladies make me envious.

Sooo tired.

Lots of babydust to you all!

#325 of 875 Old 06-09-2009, 02:57 AM

you're just a little over a month away from the reward for all this tiredness, veganmama!

hh2.gif

#326 of 875 Old 06-09-2009, 04:32 PM

LOL< and then I will be even more tired,

DS is sick so I got 2 hours of sleep last night.

But yes, I am very lucky!

#327 of 875 Old 06-09-2009, 05:17 PM

Thanks mamas!

I'm really not that crafty, I just got my sewing machine for my birthday in October. If you are looking for some cloth diaper patterns, I tried the Ritas Rump free online pattern and it worked very well (and easy.)

Here is a link to the diapers. http://handmadebyrita.blogspot.com/2...t-pattern.html

have fun!

#328 of 875 Old 06-10-2009, 02:44 AM

veganmama, well just MAYBE this baby will settle right in and sleep with very short interruptions

I don't own a sewing machine, I just do embroidery. so I would actually have to buy the baby stuff and then pretty it up.

did we do a friday check-in on friday? I don't remember... I'm pre-o and we're trying really hard!

hh2.gif

#329 of 875 Old 06-10-2009, 02:56 AM

I don't think we did a Friday Check-In, but I didn't wish to nag

So, I'm at CD9 so pre-o too, and trying to DTD often just to get in the rhythm of doing it often! We've been on a slightly hiatus so it is nice to have this little stress free warm up time before we TTC. We were never the 6 times per week kind of couple, so getting into this mind set is different.

It is also kind of fun because we aren't a careful, haha. It is just carefree and fun! :

How is everyone? I'm off this week and getting sucked into the vortex of the computer far too much. I did do some gardening today, planted sunflowers, lavender, lemon balm, lobelias, wildflowers and snap dragons.

We are so painfully broke right now that I got this massive stress pimple. Nice. Right between my eyes too. So, I trimmed my bangs to cheer me up, and I feel a little better about it.

Lets hear some updates and I wanna see some BFP this month!!!!

#330 of 875 Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 AM

Update: Nothing much going on here....my temps finally went down a few days ago (phew!) so we're pre-o right now....

I'm getting reallyexcited for Father's Day weekend though. I'm going on a mini-vacation with my parents and brother to the Maine Seacoast and then on Father's Day evening I'll meet up with DH again and see his favorite band in concert with him

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page