Vegans TTC ~ Spring/Summer - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,633
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoanib View Post
Hey ladies!
Can I join in?
DH is vegetarian and I'm vegan, except for the use of honey. I hope that doesn't get me kicked out of here.
Been actively TTC since April.

We eat honey here also... I am lacto-veg and DS and DH are vegan... i cook only vegan at home

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2009, 03:30 PM
 
oceane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Yellow dock can up your platelet count, it's very effective for this.
that's good to know, thanks!

hh2.gif

 

oceane is offline  
Old 06-14-2009, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Suburbian Sacramento
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a friend who often had very low platelets in pregnancy, and she completely reversed the problem with only yellow dock
Talula Fairie is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 12:03 AM
 
Hesperia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In limbo between our dreams
Posts: 2,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just coming around these woods to say.

EWCM!! :


Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
Hesperia is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 09:51 AM
 
Jelinifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
Just coming around these woods to say.

EWCM!! :


:

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Jelinifer is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 11:43 AM
 
veganmama719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,638
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, yellow dock, who woulda thunk?

Love this thread, I learn something new all the time.

Me: tired. DH has been studying for an exam today. So I ahve had my extremely boisterous children for the last 2 weeks evenings and weekends. 34 weeks PG.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
veganmama719 is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 01:43 PM
 
Jelinifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Love this thread, I learn something new all the time.
:

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Jelinifer is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 01:53 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,633
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
Just coming around these woods to say.

EWCM!! :

Happy baby dancing!! :

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Suburbian Sacramento
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
Just coming around these woods to say.

EWCM!! :

Time to get busy
Talula Fairie is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
 
catemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of manana
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

Hope you're all doing well! Everything's going well here, but I'm pretty crazed dealing with two kids instead of just one. Anyway, I have noticed some articles on Alternet (.org) lately--written by Kathy Freston--that promote vegetarianism (and I haven't really noticed anything like that before). It's not quite a mainstream news source, but it's exciting (to me) nonetheless. Check them out if you have a chance!
catemom is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 03:50 PM
 
Hesperia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In limbo between our dreams
Posts: 2,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh we've been BD'ing. Although still we are off our TTC date by 6 days(arrgh)...so I am just sitting around hoping that one will slip through, .

It is just nice to know the cycle before we TTC I am indeed having proper fertile quality CM.

Happy Monday everyone. I'm not working until Wednesday so I am sitting around in my new(to me) lazy boy. So cozy. I got it (free) for a nursing chair.

Fingers crossed for everyone!
How is everyone feeling?

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
Hesperia is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 04:02 PM
 
oceane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Wow, yellow dock, who woulda thunk?

Love this thread, I learn something new all the time.

Me: tired. DH has been studying for an exam today. So I ahve had my extremely boisterous children for the last 2 weeks evenings and weekends. 34 weeks PG.
you poor thing! I hope your husband passes the exam today and takes the kids out for you to get some rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catemom View Post
Hi All,

Hope you're all doing well! Everything's going well here, but I'm pretty crazed dealing with two kids instead of just one. Anyway, I have noticed some articles on Alternet (.org) lately--written by Kathy Freston--that promote vegetarianism (and I haven't really noticed anything like that before). It's not quite a mainstream news source, but it's exciting (to me) nonetheless. Check them out if you have a chance!
good to hear from you, catemom! and good to hear you are all well. I'll check out the articles when I get the chance.

hh2.gif

 

oceane is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 05:07 PM
 
cocoanib's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 2,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies!
Well, hopefully we will DTD this evening for good measure.
Then the fun of the 2ww.
I feel really good about this cycle. We had good timing this time around, pretty good cm, tried out preseed and a friend of mine last night said she's been having premonitions of me and babies(I didn't tell her we were ttc).
I refuse to buy anymore preggy tests until I miss my period. I got 2 free ones with the preseed and that's gonna have to do.

Hesperia- happy bd and baby making!
Catemom- good to see mainstream promoting veg diets. That could only be a good thing.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

cocoanib is offline  
Old 06-15-2009, 09:41 PM
 
Snow~Pea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the group cocoanib! I eat honey too. I don't buy it anymore, but I don't go out of my way to avoid it either. Don't worry, this is a very inclusive group. : for you, hopefully I will be joining you soon in the 2ww.



Hi Lizzy, Veganmama, Talula, and Catemom! Glad to hear everyone is doing good with their bellys and babies. VM, I agree with oceane, I hope your dh passes his test and promptly takes the kids to the park or something so mama can have some quiet time.



Hesperia, can't you convince your dh to move up your ttc date?! Its only 6 days...that's less than a week! I would be going nuts knowing I was o'ing so close to the start date, lol. You must be a very patient and calm woman, both good traits for a mommy-to-be .



Jelinifer, any confirmation of O?



oceane, sorry your ovaries have decided at the last minute to go awol. : for ovulation asap!



AFM: I think I am about to ovulate, or possibly did today. Just waiting for my temps to confirm that. Cross your fingers for me!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

Snow~Pea is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 10:03 AM
 
Jelinifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Welcome to the group cocoanib! I eat honey too. I don't buy it anymore, but I don't go out of my way to avoid it either. Don't worry, this is a very inclusive group. : for you, hopefully I will be joining you soon in the 2ww.



Hi Lizzy, Veganmama, Talula, and Catemom! Glad to hear everyone is doing good with their bellys and babies. VM, I agree with oceane, I hope your dh passes his test and promptly takes the kids to the park or something so mama can have some quiet time.



Hesperia, can't you convince your dh to move up your ttc date?! Its only 6 days...that's less than a week! I would be going nuts knowing I was o'ing so close to the start date, lol. You must be a very patient and calm woman, both good traits for a mommy-to-be .



Jelinifer, any confirmation of O?



oceane, sorry your ovaries have decided at the last minute to go awol. : for ovulation asap!



AFM: I think I am about to ovulate, or possibly did today. Just waiting for my temps to confirm that. Cross your fingers for me!


Yup, a nice spike in my temps..... I'm 4-5DPO right now. I hope you little eggy shows up today too!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Jelinifer is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 12:10 PM
 
veganmama719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,638
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
O vibes for oceane and SnowPea! And calm vibes for those of you in the 2 ww!

Nice to see you catemom! I am FREAKED about having 3 kids all of a sudden. I'm like "what was I thinking?".

I took a nap after dinner last night and then couldn't sleep well last night. Aaargh! So still exhausted. And sweaty. I am so hot all the time now. And we haven't even had had any real hot weather yet.

Loads of babydust to you all!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
veganmama719 is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 01:11 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,633
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm also terrified of having a second one! DH started working out of town so he is gone 4-5 days a week.. I have no idea how i am going to handle it!

I'm 38 weeks today

O vibes to everyone who needs them!!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 02:02 PM
 
oceane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just checking in while making pasta and chili sauce w/ beans. yeah, I really am that obsessed with food that I needed to say that first!

snow~pea, : times a million

Jen, 5 dpo means it's almost over

cocoanib, I am jealous when I last bought preseed it was just expensive and no gimmicks. we didn't use it this cycle though, I always have to order it off the internets and I didn't time that right.

hh2.gif

 

oceane is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 02:53 PM
 
Jelinifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
just checking in while making pasta and chili sauce w/ beans. yeah, I really am that obsessed with food that I needed to say that first!

snow~pea, : times a million

Jen, 5 dpo means it's almost over

cocoanib, I am jealous when I last bought preseed it was just expensive and no gimmicks. we didn't use it this cycle though, I always have to order it off the internets and I didn't time that right.

I'm coming to your house for dinner!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Jelinifer is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 04:08 PM
 
Hesperia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In limbo between our dreams
Posts: 2,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Hesperia, can't you convince your dh to move up your ttc date?! Its only 6 days...that's less than a week! I would be going nuts knowing I was o'ing so close to the start date, lol. You must be a very patient and calm woman, both good traits for a mommy-to-be .
I am very calm, . I also know how excited (and romantic) my husband is about the timing. It means so much to him to be able to start on our one year anniversary. It is also kind of fun working up to the date together, we are both excited (he actually told ME yesterday I was ovulating. How did he know? He knows my cycles way better than me. Amazing). Either way it is interesting DTD on EWCM days and knowing...and him knowing....and nothing. next cycle.

Jelinifer Woo hoo! TWW!! Anything to keep you busy planned?
oceane Sounds so yummers! I love pasta. So so much.
Snow~Pea Fingers crossed!!! Toes too!

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
Hesperia is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 05:27 PM
 
Jelinifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm keeping myself very busy

This weekend I'm going on a mini-vacation with my parents and meeting up with DH for a concert on Sunday night....

DH and I started a container garden on our patio for the first time. So far we have two tomato plants in buckets (cherry and full-sized) and pole beans growing in a 50 gallon Rubbermaid bin... I'm hoping to add a bell pepper plant to the mix before I leave at the end of the week too....

and I finally broke down, joined the modern times and bought myself my first mp3 player-an Ipod, and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival in the mail.

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Jelinifer is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 PM
 
cocoanib's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 2,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post

DH and I started a container garden on our patio for the first time. So far we have two tomato plants in buckets (cherry and full-sized) and pole beans growing in a 50 gallon Rubbermaid bin... I'm hoping to add a bell pepper plant to the mix before I leave at the end of the week too....
I keep procrastinating about this. We have a nice sized balcony and I'm not using the space wisely. I need to read up on container gardening first, because I have a brown thumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post

cocoanib, I am jealous when I last bought preseed it was just expensive and no gimmicks. we didn't use it this cycle though, I always have to order it off the internets and I didn't time that right.
I figured I would get some to have on hand just in case. We used it a couple times this cycle and it wasn't bad. I had to figure out the right amount to use though. The first time, I used the recommended amount and it was waaay too much!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
I am very calm, . I also know how excited (and romantic) my husband is about the timing. It means so much to him to be able to start on our one year anniversary. It is also kind of fun working up to the date together, we are both excited (he actually told ME yesterday I was ovulating. How did he know? He knows my cycles way better than me. Amazing). Either way it is interesting DTD on EWCM days and knowing...and him knowing....and nothing. next cycle.
Awww, your hubby sounds like a sweetie!

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

cocoanib is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 10:41 PM
 
HoneybeeWaterfall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Waaaay to close to the main stream!
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies,
I'm a little shocked to say I am going to join you and begin ttc #2 next month. This is in line with my "original" plans before DS was born on 9/11/2007. He is an intense high needs little sort who still never sleeps. I am still nursing too, etc. I am 38 (til september) and DH is 46 so we don't feel like we have decades to play with.
I am excited and afraid. Phew.

HW (40) DH (46) DSS1 (14) DSS2 (11) DS (3) DD (5/5/2010)
HoneybeeWaterfall is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 AM
 
Hesperia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In limbo between our dreams
Posts: 2,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneybeeWaterfall View Post
Hi Ladies,
I'm a little shocked to say I am going to join you and begin ttc #2 next month. This is in line with my "original" plans before DS was born on 9/11/2007. He is an intense high needs little sort who still never sleeps. I am still nursing too, etc. I am 38 (til september) and DH is 46 so we don't feel like we have decades to play with.
I am excited and afraid. Phew.
Welcome!!

May your stay be short (and we get into the same DDC!)

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
Hesperia is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 PM
 
veganmama719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,638
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hesparia, your DH does sound sweet!

Welcome HBW! I am 42. Good luck!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
veganmama719 is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 PM
 
cocoanib's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 2,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning/afternoon Ladies!
Welcome Honeybee!

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

cocoanib is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 02:27 PM
 
Snow~Pea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneybeeWaterfall View Post
Hi Ladies,
I'm a little shocked to say I am going to join you and begin ttc #2 next month. This is in line with my "original" plans before DS was born on 9/11/2007. He is an intense high needs little sort who still never sleeps. I am still nursing too, etc. I am 38 (til september) and DH is 46 so we don't feel like we have decades to play with.
I am excited and afraid. Phew.
Welcome to the group!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

Snow~Pea is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 02:59 PM
 
Jelinifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneybeeWaterfall View Post
Hi Ladies,
I'm a little shocked to say I am going to join you and begin ttc #2 next month. This is in line with my "original" plans before DS was born on 9/11/2007. He is an intense high needs little sort who still never sleeps. I am still nursing too, etc. I am 38 (til september) and DH is 46 so we don't feel like we have decades to play with.
I am excited and afraid. Phew.


Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Jelinifer is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 05:23 PM
 
oceane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
welcome honeybee waterfall! thinking of sleep deprivation makes me want to go to bed right now.

ladies, I hope everyone is doing fabulous.

hh2.gif

 

oceane is offline  
Old 06-18-2009, 12:15 AM
 
Hesperia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In limbo between our dreams
Posts: 2,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thinking of everyone!

I bought prenatal vitamins today over a bottle of wine. Crap, this responsibility thing is really taking a toll on me.
My first day back on the job, just one tot today and I'm so sore already. Haha. It is going to get hairy I'm sure.

So sunny and lovely though

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
Hesperia is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off