Vegans TTC ~ Spring/Summer - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 875 Old 07-13-2009, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckington View Post
Hello all you lovely TTC vegans! I hope to be joining you soon! Looking for a bit of advice on prenatals - I'm a new vegan (was vegetarian for years before finally going vegan a few months ago) and not sure if I need a special prenatal? (I didn't take prenatals with my ds so I really know nothing about this!) Can anyone recommend any brands? I'm in Canada, so ideally something I can get here!

Thanks!
I'm taking (right now) a whole foods prenatal by New Chapter - 3 per day at $55.95 a bottle. Not 100% certain they are vegan, but nearly. One month supple 90 tablets.
I'm going to switch to Rainbow light whole foods 1 per day at $13.95 a bottle ordered online only from Vegan Essentials. One month supply, 30 tablets.

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#542 of 875 Old 07-13-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
I'm taking (right now) a whole foods prenatal by New Chapter - 3 per day at $55.95 a bottle. Not 100% certain they are vegan, but nearly. One month supple 90 tablets.
I'm going to switch to Rainbow light whole foods 1 per day at $13.95 a bottle ordered online only from Vegan Essentials. One month supply, 30 tablets.
I take the Rainbow Light Prenatal One--not sure if that's the whole foods one, but it is vegan. I get it from Lucky Vitamin for $19.21 for 120 tablets.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#543 of 875 Old 07-13-2009, 05:08 PM

Hi beckington! (I love that name by the way. My name is Becky and I wish I had thought of "beckington"! )

I take Deva Vegan Prenatals. I also take extra folic acid (Nature Made brand) because my ectopic pregnancy was treated with a drug that depletes your body of folic acid. I think for a "normal" person trying to conceive, just the prenatal would be fine.

Good luck and baby dust to you!

Vegan mama looking forward to meeting my baby in July 2010!
#544 of 875 Old 07-13-2009, 07:52 PM

Becky, it is hard to wait but I have also heard 3 months for that drug. I know what you mean about having the decision made for you!
When I was TTC I had my FSH tested since I am, ahem, "older" and it came back borderline. I was almost wishing it was through the roof, KWIM? Then I would have not kept hoping.
Alls well that ends well but I did have to TTC for 17 cycles and I had 2 losses. There were many days when I wish someone could have made decisions for me.

Me 38w2d have been having light menstrual type cramps on and off since Saturday night. Would like to be able to get through this week at work though before he comes.
I always freak out at the end and don't feel ready!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#545 of 875 Old 07-13-2009, 10:02 PM

I also take an added folic acid.
The reason being that I am only taking 1-2 tablets per day (instead of the three, as directed) because they are very expensive, and I often forget I figure I'm getting something out of them, but must cover the folic acid. So, I am taking a whole lot of folic! haha.

Have we figured out a way to link charts on TTC threads yet? Maybe I should snoop around and find out. I had read that mods were planning on coming up with something for TTCers

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#546 of 875 Old 07-13-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Me 38w2d have been having light menstrual type cramps on and off since Saturday night. Would like to be able to get through this week at work though before he comes.
I always freak out at the end and don't feel ready!
Oh, you are getting really close!!! Yippee!!

Knowing that you'd like to finish your work week, you wont

#547 of 875 Old 07-13-2009, 10:07 PM

Happy Monday everyone!!

Hope you ladies are having a blast creating a little life I had a few people ask if I was pregnant today...which is slightly odd. Maybe it was because I was carrying a wee one. one was a guy! Not the same guy as story below

Oh, cute story (chatty me today, geez!) I got stopped by a construction worker today, he wanted to know how much my sling cost. Because his wife is pregnant and they are trying to choose the best carrier! In front of his work buddies too! haha. Love it.

#548 of 875 Old 07-13-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Oh, you are getting really close!!! Yippee!!

Knowing that you'd like to finish your work week, you wont
I told people on a Wednesday night that I had no intention of having a baby that weekend (even though I was 41 weeks +, I was really busy and had no TIME to have a baby ), and lo and behold, I went into labor on Thursday night.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#549 of 875 Old 07-13-2009, 10:21 PM

Weird. I'm on cycle day 13 and am bleeding! Lightly, more like spotting. But, there it is. Blood mid cycle. I never have this. Confused...

#550 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Weird. I'm on cycle day 13 and am bleeding! Lightly, more like spotting. But, there it is. Blood mid cycle. I never have this. Confused...
: for implantation...

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#551 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 PM

Like clockwork, af started today.
Already planning for our next insem trip to New Mexico.
#552 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 01:57 PM

Is it completely out of line for me to join you guys here? If so just let me know. I would completely understand. I've been on this forum for quite sometime, but I haven't posted much at all. Anyhow, we are a vegan family (me, DH, and our wonderful 10 month old DD), and since it took us nearly 2 years to conceive DD we have decided that now is a great time to start TTC #2. And so here I am.

Janine. Wife to Matthew and mother to DD (10 months). We are a happy vegan family living in sunny So. Cal.
#553 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 02:12 PM

Why would it be out of line? The more the merrier! Welcome :
Yes, I'm a graduate of the TTCers, but I can't help but to pop in now and again Best of luck on your journey!

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#554 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 02:14 PM

Hey guys I'm back

I've been MIA mostly because we've decided that we're not taking the TTC thing seriously until we get better answers from DH's Urologist. We still have to "try" to be eligible for further insurance coverage and I'm still on the Clomid, but we're really taking it easy for sanity's sake (which is why I haven't been on MDC except to maintain the Infertility One Thread.) Even if I don't post, I'm still lurking and I hope to join up again 100% this fall when we get back into the swing of things.

Take Care!!!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#555 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 03:18 PM

hi everyone!

welcome Julia! it is TOTALLY fine to join us, we're really friendly

hesperia, you have weird things happening to your body recently, no clue why.

Pelican, , I hate that so much! I don't have to go to New Mexico for sperm but the disappointment is probably the same sorry! we'll all be pregnant soon.

Hesperia, chatty is fine, keeps the thread up on page 1 for me to find

yay veganmama I want you to have your boy NOW!!! :

hi cinnamon and cupcake!

snow~pea I miss you.

Jen sorry you're on a break. may the urologist issues resolve fast

I passed my last exam for the semester today, now 2 more weeks of work, then vacation, then papers due, hopefully pregnant by then.

hh2.gif

#556 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia_Says View Post
and since it took us nearly 2 years to conceive DD we have decided that now is a great time to start TTC #2. And so here I am.
did you do anything different/special the cycle you conceived? I've been trying for a long time also.

hh2.gif

#557 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I just want to share a funny tidbit with you all.

When you're TTC, all you can think about is getting pregnant. As one of my friends put it, "Babyrabies waits for no woman."

But when you're actually pregnant, all you can think about is NOT being pregnant.

I told my midwife my husband and I were discussing The Big V -something I was against before, even though we are 99.9% sure this is the last baby- and she goes, "Oh, everyone feels like that WHEN they're pregnant" and chuckled. It's so true! How quickly we forget.

I'm beginning to think we are equipped with selective memory for biological purposes. Otherwise everyone would probably only have one child.
#558 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 03:56 PM

Thank you everyone!

oceane, we charted the whole time and tried Pre-seed for many cycles, in addition to a few rounds of Clomid all without luck. I knew I was ovulating the whole time, and my hormone and ultrasound tests all came back normal. A couple months before we conceived I started my husband on a bunch of different vitamins and supplements that I had heard increased fertility. When he went in for his SA a couple months later it was great. Since he had never had an SA before that I don't know if the supplements helped or not, but a couple weeks after his SA we found out we were finally pregnant. I will always wonder if it was the supplements that did it. And although he hated taking so many, I'm tempted to ask him to take them again this time around. Can't hurt right? I will check when I get home what the supplements were if you are curious.

Lindsay, that is so very true!

Janine. Wife to Matthew and mother to DD (10 months). We are a happy vegan family living in sunny So. Cal.
#559 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 05:37 PM

I'm at work so I don't have time to reply to all the lovely posts that made me smile (and want to hug!).

Bleeding stopped - maybe it was from the sex he is gentle, but I find my cervix is kind of low and the tissue delicate.

I'm feeling so gross, crampy and sore and yuck! It is only day 14, so too soon for implantation - I think I O usually between cd14-16. Anyways, still hopefully for this month even with the touch of blood.

Back to cleaning up after myself and the kids

#560 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Like clockwork, af started today.
Already planning for our next insem trip to New Mexico.
I'm so so sorry for you guys!!

#561 of 875 Old 07-14-2009, 05:42 PM

Hi Julia! Of course you are welcome here! I'm not even TTC again for another three months, but I still hang around here and no one has kicked me out yet.

veganmama I'll be thinking of you this week for sure! So close!

Vegan mama looking forward to meeting my baby in July 2010!
#562 of 875 Old 07-15-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia_Says View Post
Thank you everyone!

oceane, we charted the whole time and tried Pre-seed for many cycles, in addition to a few rounds of Clomid all without luck. I knew I was ovulating the whole time, and my hormone and ultrasound tests all came back normal. A couple months before we conceived I started my husband on a bunch of different vitamins and supplements that I had heard increased fertility. When he went in for his SA a couple months later it was great. Since he had never had an SA before that I don't know if the supplements helped or not, but a couple weeks after his SA we found out we were finally pregnant. I will always wonder if it was the supplements that did it. And although he hated taking so many, I'm tempted to ask him to take them again this time around. Can't hurt right? I will check when I get home what the supplements were if you are curious.
yes,please. I'm interested.

hh2.gif

#563 of 875 Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
snow~pea I miss you.

I passed my last exam for the semester today, now 2 more weeks of work, then vacation, then papers due, hopefully pregnant by then.
Hey oceane , I'm here. Not a lot going on ttc-wise lately. I haven't been charting cm or cp and just started temping this cycle yesterday. Sorry I've been quiet lately, I think its a combination of being super busy and not really in the mood for ttc stuff, kwim? Anyways, I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet about the doc (stick with the same or start with a new one), but I think I am going to wait til after summer to get started with all that. Might as well enjoy the rest of summer, right?
Yay for passing your exam! And then a vacation for a reward! Where are you in your cycle?

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#564 of 875 Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
yes,please. I'm interested.
I seem to have misplaced some of the bottles so I might be missing one minor supplement, but here is what I remember. Coenzyme Q10, L-Carnitine, L-Arginine, Zinc, large dose of Vitamin C (DH was a smoker at the time and they said that Vit. C helps prevent sperm damage from those toxins. Not sure if it is true, but I was willing to try!), Maca root tablets, and a multi-vitamin. I just took a trip to the vitamin store and loaded up. It wasn't cheap, and I'll probably never know if that was the trick, but I'll probably do the same thing this time (assuming DH is willing to swallow a bunch of pills again. LOL). DH did say that the Maca root made him feel a little funny, but he never said exactly how it made him feel. The big trick with this is finding vegan supplements. That was a chore and a half. Most of the time they seem to come in gelatin pills, but I eventually found vegan versions of them.

#565 of 875 Old 07-15-2009, 09:39 PM

Hey everyone, really tired today. Trying to get finished up at work in case the baby comes this weekend (or earlier!). Today I did a 15 hour online course in 2 hours. Didn't read the text since I figured I knew the subject matter, just took the exam, in between client phone calls!

I did manage to get to yoga though, probably my last one.

38w4d

Sorry for the AFM post!

#566 of 875 Old 07-15-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Hey everyone, really tired today. Trying to get finished up at work in case the baby comes this weekend (or earlier!). Today I did a 15 hour online course in 2 hours. Didn't read the text since I figured I knew the subject matter, just took the exam, in between client phone calls!

38w4d

Sorry for the AFM post!
wow, you finished a whole course in 2 hours at work?! and went to yoga?! you are an amazing pregnant woman. get some sleep...while you can, lol.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#567 of 875 Old 07-16-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:

38w4d

Sorry for the AFM post!
All that while preggo and you have other kiddos too? You are amazing! I'm impressed. I hope you have a fabulous birth!

#568 of 875 Old 07-16-2009, 02:54 PM

I wish I was as fabulous as you all say, LOL!

I am pretty bagged today having entered the "can't get back to sleep if I am awoken at night" portion of the 3rd trimester! My mind went over and over everything I still need to get done at work.

The online course was not really THAT impressive. I have been doing my job for 10 years so I would hope I wouldn't really need to read the text!

#569 of 875 Old 07-17-2009, 12:41 AM

Where abouts are you this week?

We are at cycle day 16(CD 17 on Friday). I'm having some spotting after intercourse, here and there. Feeling tired (late dtd last night, busy at work), and tender abdomen. Feeling a little 'off' but thinking it might just be the heat and working hard all week!

Chart link here. No temps.

And, tired. Did I mention, oh my goddess cannot keep my eyes open tired.

We just went all the way out to a theater to catch Harry Potter, of course sold out, what were we thinking. Opening week. ha.

Thinking of everyone!

#570 of 875 Old 07-17-2009, 11:29 AM

snow~pea, I didn't mean to force you back!

thank you Julia_Says! I'm in the middle of the cycle but after 2 dental procedures and a sudden lack of ewcm and both of us being in different towns this weekend I do not think anything will come of this cycle. I wish my body wasn't so suceptible!

good luck ttcers!
and vm, can you please not be so darn capable and awesome! we can't compete I really hope you have your son here soon.

hh2.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page