Vegans TTC ~ Spring/Summer - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 875 Old 08-01-2009, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jelinifer, i am sorry about DH's SA results. Have you tried supplements? Vitamins C and E, zinc and a number of others seem to really help some men. Also acupunture! I loaned out my copy of The Infertility Cure or I'd look it up for you. I am sure an internet search would provide some info too though. In fact Randine Lewis may have some on her website.

Welcome Mrs Brunetter. DD wanted to adopt a baby girl from Africa and call her Eleanor when she thought we weren't going to be able to have any more bio kids.

41 weeks today.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#662 of 875 Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Jelinifer, i am sorry about DH's SA results. Have you tried supplements? Vitamins C and E, zinc and a number of others seem to really help some men. Also acupunture! I loaned out my copy of The Infertility Cure or I'd look it up for you. I am sure an internet search would provide some info too though. In fact Randine Lewis may have some on her website.

Welcome Mrs Brunetter. DD wanted to adopt a baby girl from Africa and call her Eleanor when she thought we weren't going to be able to have any more bio kids.

41 weeks today.
Yeah... those were his results with the vitamins, supplements, and 3 months of accupunture under his belt (plus TCM herbs our accupuncturist gave him.) I'm thinking his sample would have been even worse without all the TLC we're giving his swimmers

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#663 of 875 Old 08-01-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
AF found me this morning. Again, on the 1st of the month.

I think I might try some ovulation tests, although I assume ones at the drug stores are $50 something....Maybe next cycle, *fingers crossed not*

Hope you are all doing well. I a bit bummed out. I wasn't before, pretty smooth and easy going, but after waiting and being optimistic I can see how hard it can wear you down. Gosh, this was ONE cycle. Huge love to everyone that keeps going month after month, you are super strong powerful women!
You can get cheap OPKs online. The drugstore kits are really expensive, and often don't give you enough tests. I think a lot of MDC mamas buy from the eBay seller Early Pregnancy Tests.

It does get discouraging, doesn't it? I remember that feeling. We all are familiar with it, so we empathize.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#664 of 875 Old 08-01-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
Friday check in: CD2.... started my Clomid challenge test today w/bloodwork. Going in for the HSG next Friday (if you don't see me that's why.) We got DH's S/A results back today too.... not good news. He's got 3% normal morphology (Kruger/Tygerberg Scale), count is 61.3mil and we got a note from the lab stating that some of the swimmers had coiled tails and had acrosomal deficiencies (how sweet of the lab to write love notes DH has a Urologist appointment to hash this all out at the end of the month, but from what I've read so far IVF w/ICSI is standard fare for couples with morphology issues.

Sorry for the mini-novel.... We knew DH had something up from the bloodwork, but this development was a really hard blow for him to handle. Thanks for letting me vent to you gals
Lots of hugs Jen, I'm so sorry for this set back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
AF found me this morning. Again, on the 1st of the month.

I think I might try some ovulation tests, although I assume ones at the drug stores are $50 something....Maybe next cycle, *fingers crossed not*

Hope you are all doing well. I a bit bummed out. I wasn't before, pretty smooth and easy going, but after waiting and being optimistic I can see how hard it can wear you down. Gosh, this was ONE cycle. Huge love to everyone that keeps going month after month, you are super strong powerful women!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbrunette View Post
may i join?

i am a vegan trying to conceive all the while still nursing my 21 month old. i started menstruating back in january but realized i wasnt having actual periods until two cycles ago. here's hoping and praying i will have a bun in the oven soon!
Welcome and :!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#665 of 875 Old 08-01-2009, 07:17 PM

Weekend Check-In: CD30 / 7DPO
yes, thats right, I ovulated. Timing sucked, but I wasn't trying real hard this cycle. Trying to take it easy and enjoy my summer. So no testing and no 2ww stressing. : for everyone else though!

oceane, are you back yet? I miss you.

Veganmama, how are you? Is that baby still being stubborn?

#666 of 875 Old 08-01-2009, 09:48 PM

Hi everybody.
mrsbrunette - I am nursing my 22month old too. He still never sleeps for consecutive hours...sigh.

Jelinifer, sorry for your unhappy news.

HW (40) DH (46) DSS1 (14) DSS2 (11) DS (3) DD (5/5/2010)
#667 of 875 Old 08-02-2009, 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=Snow~Pea;14174153]Weekend Check-In:
yes, thats right, I ovulated. Timing sucked, but I wasn't trying real hard this cycle. Trying to take it easy and enjoy my summer. So no testing and no 2ww stressing. : for everyone else though!QUOTE]

Congrats on the O! I hear ya on enjoying the summer too DH and I are thinking of going to a Veg-owned/vegan friendly (kid free!) B&B on Cape Cod next month as an escape. I'm dying to go to the beach again before fall finds us!!! :

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#668 of 875 Old 08-02-2009, 08:36 PM

SnowPea, I was in labour when you posted!

Declan James arrived at 12:31 am Sunday Aug 2 after a fast and furious labour. He was 8 lb 7 oz for all my worries about him being huge at 8 days late. I would say it was my most difficult labour though as it just went so fast. No break at all in the contractions between 5 and 10 cm.

He is very sweet though!

i will try to figure out a way to post a pic.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#669 of 875 Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:

Declan James arrived at 12:31 am Sunday Aug 2 after a fast and furious labour. He was 8 lb 7 oz for all my worries about him being huge at 8 days late. I would say it was my most difficult labour though as it just went so fast. No break at all in the contractions between 5 and 10 cm.

He is very sweet though!

:::CONGRATS!!!!!!!!:::

#670 of 875 Old 08-02-2009, 09:39 PM

Congrats VM!!!! WELCOME DECLAN!!! :

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#671 of 875 Old 08-02-2009, 09:40 PM

Congratulations! How exciting!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#672 of 875 Old 08-02-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:

He is very sweet though!

CONGRATULATIONS!! : : :

Cannot wait to see some pictures

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#673 of 875 Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 AM

Congratulations!!!!! And welcome to the world, Declan James!! : :

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#674 of 875 Old 08-03-2009, 11:23 AM

Congrats VeganMama and welcome to Declan!!!

Welcome to Mrsbrunette!
#675 of 875 Old 08-03-2009, 12:49 PM

Congratulations and lots of hugs to you VM! Happy babymooning!

#676 of 875 Old 08-03-2009, 07:28 PM

Congrats, Veganmama! :::
#677 of 875 Old 08-03-2009, 10:23 PM

Congrats, VM and welcome DJ!

HW (40) DH (46) DSS1 (14) DSS2 (11) DS (3) DD (5/5/2010)
#678 of 875 Old 08-04-2009, 02:32 AM

Tomorrow we get the SA results from our donor. (my BroinLaw)
If the results are good we'll be heading down to southwest again for another try in two weeks...

But wow, it sure is liberating to not be in the middle of a tww right now.

Of course, : for everyone!
#679 of 875 Old 08-04-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Tomorrow we get the SA results from our donor. (my BroinLaw)
If the results are good we'll be heading down to southwest again for another try in two weeks...

But wow, it sure is liberating to not be in the middle of a tww right now.

Of course, : for everyone!

Good luck!!! hopefully your BIL gets a good "report card"

#680 of 875 Old 08-04-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Good luck!!! hopefully your BIL gets a good "report card"
Thanks! How are you and your DH doing?

I remember when we were still hoping to use my DH's and the SA results were just dismal. As in, straight to IVF was the only way. Its been a lot harder on him than I anticipated. I wish we would have talked more about it then, I didn't realize how much it had affected him.
#681 of 875 Old 08-04-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks! How are you and your DH doing?

I remember when we were still hoping to use my DH's and the SA results were just dismal. As in, straight to IVF was the only way. Its been a lot harder on him than I anticipated. I wish we would have talked more about it then, I didn't realize how much it had affected him.
We talked alot about it and he was thinking his diagnosis was hopeless.... We spent the weekend reading up on IVF w/ICSI which gave him some hope, I think. Also: I made this past weekend was "his weekend." He's been so good with handling my many moods with patience and giving me extra TLC since we began on this journey.... it's really the least I could do to support him though this.... Whatever he wanted to eat- I cooked him (pancakes and fried tofu galore) gave him massages when he asked and sat through Rambo movies all weekend... I think the pampering is just what he needed because he seems to be back on the "we can conquer this" page with me again

#682 of 875 Old 08-05-2009, 02:35 AM

I'm happy to hear that things are feeling more hopeful for him. There really is a lot to be said for the healing powers of pancakes. Yum!
#683 of 875 Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I'm happy to hear that things are feeling more hopeful for him. There really is a lot to be said for the healing powers of pancakes. Yum!
Never underestimate the healing power of pancakes....

I'm thinking that would make an awesome bumper sticker

#684 of 875 Old 08-06-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Never underestimate the healing power of pancakes....

I'm thinking that would make an awesome bumper sticker
TOTALLY!! One that everyone can relate to

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#685 of 875 Old 08-07-2009, 02:43 PM

first: CONGRATS veganmama and baby Declan!!! : : : so glad he's finally here! and speedy labor on top of that, this is all very awesome.

Quote:
Friday check in: CD2.... started my Clomid challenge test today w/bloodwork. Going in for the HSG next Friday (if you don't see me that's why.) We got DH's S/A results back today too.... not good news. He's got 3% normal morphology (Kruger/Tygerberg Scale), count is 61.3mil and we got a note from the lab stating that some of the swimmers had coiled tails and had acrosomal deficiencies (how sweet of the lab to write love notes DH has a Urologist appointment to hash this all out at the end of the month, but from what I've read so far IVF w/ICSI is standard fare for couples with morphology issues.

Sorry for the mini-novel.... We knew DH had something up from the bloodwork, but this development was a really hard blow for him to handle. Thanks for letting me vent to you gals
so sorry Jen. from your other posts I gather that you guys are doing ok? tough situation though. it is just not fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbrunette View Post
may i join?

i am a vegan trying to conceive all the while still nursing my 21 month old. i started menstruating back in january but realized i wasnt having actual periods until two cycles ago. here's hoping and praying i will have a bun in the oven soon!
welcome!

hi snow!

sorry hesperia that this cycle didn't turn out I also hope you find a good apartment soon.

I'm on CD5, Sweden apparently did not rub off on me. :

hh2.gif

#686 of 875 Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 PM

We are doing better Oceane.... thank you for asking I hope your trip to Sweden was awesome!!!

Friday check-in for me....

Had the HSG today, but back at home hanging out on the couch with only mild cramping. They wouldn't let DH come in the room and hold my hand: but my OB did the test (I really like him) and not some random radiologist so that was comforting to have my Dr. there... it was really painful.... but fairly quick and I got to see the monitor showing the dye go into my uterus- that was kinda neat.

Best thing of all: no scar tissue or any other kinds of abnormalities that they can see

#687 of 875 Old 08-07-2009, 07:35 PM

Yay oceane is back!!!

Jen, I'm glad your test looks good. Sucks they didn't let your dh come in with you though.

Friday check-in: cd2

#688 of 875 Old 08-08-2009, 07:12 AM

Jen, ouch! why couldn't DH come in, because of radiation or what? glad to hear your uterus is in good shape though

snow, and for stupid stupid period.

happy saturday everone!

hh2.gif

#689 of 875 Old 08-08-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Friday check-in: cd2
I'm so so sorry. Hide under the blankets and enjoy some chocolate (and wine). Your time is coming.

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#690 of 875 Old 08-08-2009, 12:42 PM

Ocean Welcome back. I've been thinking about you. Hope that this coming cycle will be for the both of us. Fingers Crossed.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page