Forum Jump: 

#721 of 875 Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
Hello everyone! Hope you've all had a lovely week! The weekend is almost here :

In fertility land, it is almost mid month, so my DH and I have been doing the baby making dance with intent. I haven't signed into fertility friend since I dropped in to date the start of my cycle (August 1st). I think I'm off to join the no-testers/no-stresser today, because at this point last month, I was excited but also a little tightly wound.
I've told my DH, that it is the no pressure month of trying to a bub. We'll do it when we are awake and want to. He tried the other night, but I was too asleep (he worked until 11pm), and we were both easy with that too. He seems to be enjoying this new mind set I've found, and he more into the baby making and wants to have more sex. So, bonus! I knew I was going a bit crazy in the head...

In other news, we are packing to move, and hoping for many new begins in our lives soon. He is looking for some new employment, no rush, but he isn't feeling as passionate about coffee making as he used to. It has been 10 years, he has competed in competitions, watched, judged, worked in a magnitude of stores and cities. Raised to the top quickly, but still not shown respect....he got a call back from the city about being a Theater person. Not sure the term. Working in the old play houses. Which seems like a perfect mix for him. Something professional, but surrounded in art and history, and perhaps ghosts! Anyways, it isn't set yet. Just feeling it out. He's applied for some internships too.

Hope everyone is well, and enjoying their summers!!
so you found a nice place to stay in? I hope your DH will get the job if he wants it, and that it is a new and exciting challenge! Personally, I hate the taste of coffee and have never liked it, but my husband is a coffee person, too, grinding his own beans and stuff. He is also into good wines and good food in general. well, I guess we're both foodies, I won't let him take all the praise now

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
nak

i am so far behind....

blowing you all lots of 13 day old babydust.

zenbaby is doing great, and i have lost 20 of my 30 lbs!
zenbaby as in calm and centered?
vm, where did you buy your Chinese herbs during TTC? (if you did so online). thank you.

Friday check-in_:

mid-cycle, not particularly fertile. I have fallen off the no sugar wagon twice this week, once for cookies and once for flavored soy yogurt. but I only had two small pieces of processed white flour baguette today so trying not to beat myself up about it. guess that would further harm the calmness and zen- centeredness I am trying to achieve with that ordeal! (I don't think these words exist).
off to watch "The Wrestler". I recently saw "Baby Mama" (to keep this TTC related) and hated the ending. but the movie was fun.

happy Friday night!

hh2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#722 of 875 Old 08-14-2009, 10:19 PM

Hi everyone!

Friday check-in: Since DH and I are not really supposed to really be trying this month, I shouldn't have anything to report. But we just can't bring ourselves to prevent pregnancy after we lost our babe in June, so a BFP is possible (and I'd be lying if I pretended not to be hopeful!). I'm at 2 DPO.

Off-topic (but exciting) news: my mom has decided to go vegan! She lives right down the street from me, and we're very close. DH and I are taking her to our favorite vegan restaurant tomorrow to celebrate!

Vegan mama looking forward to meeting my baby in July 2010!
#723 of 875 Old 08-15-2009, 02:02 PM

That is awesome news Beck! I wish I could convert my parents to veganism too

No Friday update for me since this month is a testing cycle.... It was nice to be able to have a margarita last night though!!!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#724 of 875 Old 08-15-2009, 03:10 PM

Anyone want to chime into my new thread on the TTC page...I'm having some painful bleeding after DTD.

Thanks ladies.

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#725 of 875 Old 08-16-2009, 12:17 PM

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#726 of 875 Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 PM

Just got a psychic palm reading!

She said lots of stuff about my personality, my strengths etc. We apparently need to buy land near water, and sooner than later! She described our dream home, goose bumps! Blah, blah, blah, get to the juicy stuff!

Apparently we will adopt or foster a dark skinned child. Have two bio children, one of each.

Then I said "we are trying for a bub now", and she said laughed and instantly said YES, A girl. Very very soon, if not already. She said to DTD at 2:30 instead of before bed (I didn't tell her anything about our sex life).

There you have it.

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#727 of 875 Old 08-17-2009, 03:03 AM

You know, I'm really thinking, its time another one of us vegans gets knocked up...

I saw the movie Julia and Julie last night, and there is a scene that is supposed to be funny because she is scared to put the live lobsters into the boiling water. It made me really sad.... Am getting to not like being around people eating meat. That is a new feeling for me.

Re: TTC, we got it down to two donors, and have picked the blond guy with the obscenely high sperm count. If he doesn't do it, we may try the brown eyed guy with good preg successes who they all say is really really nice. Bizarre.
#728 of 875 Old 08-17-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post

Re: TTC, we got it down to two donors, and have picked the blond guy with the obscenely high sperm count. If he doesn't do it, we may try the brown eyed guy with good preg successes who they all say is really really nice. Bizarre.
wow, choosing them must be hard. but nice is good!

Hesperia, 2.30 pm? difficult for working people! but then I don't believe in psychics. may her confidence bring you that BFP sooner than later.

hh2.gif

#729 of 875 Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I saw the movie Julia and Julie last night, and there is a scene that is supposed to be funny because she is scared to put the live lobsters into the boiling water. It made me really sad.... Am getting to not like being around people eating meat. That is a new feeling for me.
Yeah that part... and the part where they show them both threading up the bonless duck at the end were disgusting.

Other than those two parts I did love the movie- I had no idea that Julia Child dealt with IF herself. Some people in the theater were laughing during the scene when she found out her sister was pg

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#730 of 875 Old 08-17-2009, 06:29 PM

nak,i got my chinese herbs through my naturopath. The company is called Golden Flower I think.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#731 of 875 Old 08-17-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
wow, choosing them must be hard. but nice is good!
Yeah! Nice is good

Do you try to not have any sugar or white flour? Now that is hard!
#732 of 875 Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
I had no idea that Julia Child dealt with IF herself. Some people in the theater were laughing during the scene when she found out her sister was pg
Laughing?? Really? : I can't even imagine how was funny. I liked the Julia parts much more than the Julie parts, and wanted to hear more about her personal story.
#733 of 875 Old 08-17-2009, 11:25 PM

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts directed at my friend and his family.

I agree it is time for a vegan to turn up pregnant. I am half way through the 2ww and I don't feel pg AT ALL. It would really surprise me but then who knows?

HW (40) DH (46) DSS1 (14) DSS2 (11) DS (3) DD (5/5/2010)
#734 of 875 Old 08-17-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneybeeWaterfall View Post
Thanks to all for the kind thoughts directed at my friend and his family.

I agree it is time for a vegan to turn up pregnant. I am half way through the 2ww and I don't feel pg AT ALL. It would really surprise me but then who knows?
The show isn't over until AF rears it's ugly head!!!

..and another vote for a vegan pg. Hopefully it'll be me sooner than later because RL people are starting tell me that maybe I wouldn't have to deal with IF if DH and I ate meat :

#735 of 875 Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:

..and another vote for a vegan pg. Hopefully it'll be me sooner than later because RL people are starting tell me that maybe I wouldn't have to deal with IF if DH and I ate meat :
hello victim blaming! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Yeah! Nice is good

Do you try to not have any sugar or white flour? Now that is hard!
just sugar for now, and I do sometimes eat sweetened yogurt but I try really hard not to. I read it in The Infertility Cure, sugar and refined carbs are bad for my spleen. but cutting out all white flours and no sweets is too much at once. I'm also not sure if I should limit soy more. oh the decisions!

hh2.gif

#736 of 875 Old 08-18-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
nak,i got my chinese herbs through my naturopath. The company is called Golden Flower I think.
thank you.

hh2.gif

#737 of 875 Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:

Wait, you mean being vegan is a form of birth control? Then I'll throw away the condoms etc.! They were so pesky anyway.

Ugh, that kind of attitude really irritates me. People blame all kinds of irrational things on being vegan. Sorry you have to deal with that.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#738 of 875 Old 08-18-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Wait, you mean being vegan is a form of birth control? Then I'll throw away the condoms etc.! They were so pesky anyway.

Ugh, that kind of attitude really irritates me. People blame all kinds of irrational things on being vegan. Sorry you have to deal with that.
It's only three steps away from being FDA approved ya know...

#739 of 875 Old 08-18-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:

I've gotten this too, from a Naturopath no less :. People are so stupid.

Quote:
It's only three steps away from being FDA approved ya know...
It'll never get thru the FDA...because its free.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#740 of 875 Old 08-18-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I've gotten this too, from a Naturopath no less :. People are so stupid.

It'll never get thru the FDA...because its free.
My accupuncturist tries to get me to eat beef bits all the time "to aid my fertility." She's big into Weston A Price Foundation/Traditional Foods along with TCM diet... I've not told her about me and DH's moral beliefs though and just smile and nod when she rattles off another recipe for bone broth or some sort of liver concoction :

The "eat meat" comments usually come from ignorant friends/family/coworkers...

#741 of 875 Old 08-18-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
My accupuncturist tries to get me to eat beef bits all the time "to aid my fertility."
Beef bits indeed! :
#742 of 875 Old 08-19-2009, 02:15 AM

Just checking in as I try not to test since I'm only 6 DPO! It seems ridiculous because we weren't trying that hard this month, but I'm feeling hopeful. I told DH yesterday that I thought I might be pregnant. It may just be wishful thinking and my way of grieving; this weekend marked two months since we lost our little one. I feel so ready to be pregnant again, not to forget my angel, but to give her a sibling!.

Of course, I agree with everyone else that we need a vegan BFP! Baby dust to everyone!

#743 of 875 Old 08-19-2009, 03:54 AM

good luck becks and everyone else in the 2ww!

hh2.gif

#744 of 875 Old 08-19-2009, 12:19 PM

:
:
:

just wanted to pop in and throw some baby dust at ya!

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#745 of 875 Old 08-19-2009, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the luck and baby dust! It was nice to see because I was having a horrible day. I put a dent in my employers' car this morning. It sounds like a nightmare I would have, but sadly it was real. I was really stressed about it, but they are being so wonderful and understanding. So with their forgiveness and some good pregnancy vibes from you ladies, my day is looking up!
Now let's see if I can wait until Saturday to test....

#746 of 875 Old 08-19-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksteracious View Post
Thanks for the luck and baby dust! It was nice to see because I was having a horrible day. I put a dent in my employers' car this morning. It sounds like a nightmare I would have, but sadly it was real. I was really stressed about it, but they are being so wonderful and understanding. So with their forgiveness and some good pregnancy vibes from you ladies, my day is looking up!
Now let's see if I can wait until Saturday to test....
Becks, my DH was at work one morning and someone came into a meeting he was in and said, "A car rolled across the parking lot and almost hit the CEO's [insert name of expensive car here]." My DH looked out the window and it was his car!!! He had forgotten to put the emergency brake on. Thankfully it ran into a curb before it could do any damage. DH never told anyone it was his car; he just went out to the parking lot and moved it.

I'm so glad your employer was understanding.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#747 of 875 Old 08-20-2009, 03:53 AM

becks, everyone makes mistake plus cars are just metal! but I would be really stressed, too, if that happened to me.

hh2.gif

#748 of 875 Old 08-20-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrl View Post
:
:
:

just wanted to pop in and throw some baby dust at ya!
how are you holding up cinnamon?

hh2.gif

#749 of 875 Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
Okay, thanks for listening. I think I need some positive affirmation.

I am a fertile goddess. I will easily fall pregnant and sustain life within me. My body was made for this. I am ready. We all can do this!
Just reading back old posts on this thread-- and reading this to myself makes me feel happy.
#750 of 875 Old 08-21-2009, 03:58 PM

I'm holding up! Thanks oceane :0)

eating, peeing, refluxing, sleeping, swelling, eating, peeing, etc etc... It's all good, all par for the course.

Losing brain power by the day from these hormones, so I'm rather spacey lately. LOL! I have an excuse at least, the rest of the time, I guess I'm just spacey!!

Oh, did you see this? I don't watch Oprah, and came across this quite randomly. It's sort of a teaser for the book, but it's interesting
http://www.oprah.com/media/200907-omag-alice-eve-cohen

(Always thinking of you all, lurking, and quietly checking in on you ladies -wishing you well! )

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page