Vegans TTC ~ Spring/Summer - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 875 Old 04-06-2009, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love the name Finn...not sure about Declan, but if you love it, then you should go for it! I am of the opinion that everyone should just name their kids whatever they want. If you want to name your kid Moonbeam Starshine, more power to ya!

Thanks! My husband chose the name Emma and I really like it (though I am not wild about the fact that it's the #2 most popular girl's name, oh well). Margaret was my grandmother's name.
#62 of 875 Old 04-06-2009, 06:12 PM

oceane, yay for more fertile cm! Hopefully we will both ovulate this week :.

Talula, Emma Margaret is a beautiful name.

I love the name Declan, Alannah. I do like it with Finn too. I think its beautiful that you want to honor him in that way, but I also get why you would be hesitant to bring it up with his parents. I bet they would be very touched, but only you know them personally so you might know better.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#63 of 875 Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 AM

Hi vegan mamas & mamas-to-be!

I'm pretty new to veganism, I took the leap in Jan this year. So far I'm loving it & I've never felt better or had more energy. DH & I have been ttc for >5 years now & just started our first cycle of 100mg clomid.

I really want to be able to maintain a healthy vegan pregnancy when the time comes & being new to veganism I need pointers. I know that my blood protein & iron levels are normal right now, but I'm not sure about D or B12.

btw...I'm craving a peanut butter & baco sandwich with maple syrup, these fertility drugs are making me nuts!

Renee Roso, CLC: Professional Postpartum Doula, Certified Lactation Counselor - http://www.reneeroso.com
#64 of 875 Old 04-07-2009, 12:15 AM

Hi Ladies!

I'm not entirely sure, but I may be experiencing some prodromal labor ().

Veganmama I lobbied hard for Seamus too--darn those DHs! I really like Declan though, a very solid, distinguished boy's name. I'm not in the habit of sharing names before the baby's born, but I went with a Hebrew name this time (no, I'm not Jewish) because it's not too common and I like the meaning.

Talula I love love love your baby's name--it's sooo nice to see people going with the classic girls' names once in a while.

: to the rest of you this week! :
#65 of 875 Old 04-07-2009, 11:48 AM

Welcome Renee. Tell me, does Baco actually taste like bacon? I am not a big fan of meat analogs. I have been vegan for 2.5 years and have lost the taste for meat, it doesn't entice me at all. With the possible execption of bacon. I have to admit I loved peanut butter and bacon sandwhiches. Not that I ever ate them very much since they are so bad for you!
Good luck with your Clomid this cycle.

Catemom, we don't tell our babynames IRL until they are born. Too much unwanted feedback from the ILs I would imagine. My MIL begged us to call DD several names that she thought were "really cute and sweet". My rule is that you have to be able to imagine a CEO with that name! So sweet and cute don't really cut it for me for girl names. DS wouldn't have been an issue because we called him after her father.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#66 of 875 Old 04-07-2009, 03:19 PM

you girls are so North American, pb and bacon sandwiches? that does not qualify as food to this European

snow~pea, o vibes! I am assuming I'll get day after day of ewcm again, so it might still be a while. but hopefully not for you! we are only a few days apart in this cycle, right?

welcome renee! definitely supplement with b12, I also take vit d. I am not in a very sunny place. sorry you've been trying for so long, hopefully clomid will make you graduate very soon!

catemom, :vibes I like many Hebrew names, too.

hh2.gif

#67 of 875 Old 04-07-2009, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I love PB and I used to love bacon way back when but I never thought to put the two together ...lol.
I agree that naming names before the baby is born usually leads to unwanted negative comments. I was very unprepared for that and won't do it again if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again.
I'm only taking a vegan prenatal right now. I guess I probably should be supplementing more or just eating healthier. I must admit I feed my dd waaaay better than I feed myself.

Catemom .. I hope a beautiful birth is about to take place for you

mama to three little ladies
#68 of 875 Old 04-07-2009, 05:57 PM

!
Hello new vegans TTC. Ilovemygirl and Keeta!

Just saying hello.

Picked up some folic acid today and we've been chatting conception and babies every couple of hours! We are ready

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#69 of 875 Old 04-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

Curious: do you guys use charting software? The first time we TTC I used Fertility Friend, but those were the good old days when you didn't have to be a VIP to do....anything. Now we're rocking Ubuntu Linux, so I can't run Ovusoft software, so I've been making due with the iVillage free version of their fertility tracker. Which is working fine so far, I have to say. Just curious what you all use.

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#70 of 875 Old 04-08-2009, 03:20 AM

Keeta, I use fertility friend, the regular old free version. I do not think the VIP account is necessary. granted, I can't access the messageboards or have ff tell when to test, what my chances are. so far I've had the pleasure of the VIP test mode several times, and all it tells me is what I already know: bding more around o equals higher chance, they always add one day to your usual lp and tell that the test date... I always save the print versions of the charts on my computer for future references. it would be more fun to use as a VIP but this way it is at least useful I got a trial version of ovusoft with the book and didn't like the design at all.

thinking of catemom :

hi hesperia! how can you deal with the waiting if you are so ready? I really couldn't, I'd start right now! (ok, maybe wait for ovulation ). it's smart to start taking folic acid now, though.

ilovemygirl, the prenatal should really cover all your needs. of course a healthy diet would be awesome, too. says the woman who wolved down a bunch of IKEA Swedish chocolate goodies yesterday

talula, I hope you're not feeling sick at all nowadays.

hi everyone!

question: does anybody notice a difference in cm drinking green tea vs. no green tea. I've been drinking it faithfully for months but can't tell a difference really. just curious.

hh2.gif

#71 of 875 Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 AM

Keeta, I used the regular Fertility Friend too.

oceane, what about cheese and potato chip sandwhiches? My (English) aunt used to make us those when we were kids and would visit her over there. Of course, the cheese was Lanchashire or Chesire or somthing not boring old Cheddar. And the potato chips ("crisps") would be green onion or something. So much yummier than North American chips!

I think it was actually my (English) dad who introduced me to PB and bacon. The bacon had to be really crispy or it would be gross. I've had it maybe 10 times in my life but they were awfully yummy!

Bacon and certain types of cheese, like the ones mentioned above are about the only things I'd love to find replacments for. Otherwise my tastes have totally adjusted. I woulnd't want to eat a veggie burger that tasted like I real burger I don't think.

#72 of 875 Old 04-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroso View Post
Hi vegan mamas & mamas-to-be!

I'm pretty new to veganism, I took the leap in Jan this year. So far I'm loving it & I've never felt better or had more energy. DH & I have been ttc for >5 years now & just started our first cycle of 100mg clomid.

I really want to be able to maintain a healthy vegan pregnancy when the time comes & being new to veganism I need pointers. I know that my blood protein & iron levels are normal right now, but I'm not sure about D or B12.

btw...I'm craving a peanut butter & baco sandwich with maple syrup, these fertility drugs are making me nuts!
I'm on 100mg Clomid this cycle too. No funky cravings yet this month (last month it was all about Chinese Food) but the hot flashes are killer!!!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#73 of 875 Old 04-08-2009, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks oceane

I'm much better than I was, but I still vomit. Yesterday I lost my lunch for no reason I could figure out. I think maybe it was because I forgot a dose of Zofran.
#74 of 875 Old 04-08-2009, 04:01 PM

that's both good and bad to hear, talula.

veganmama, I've also heard of the Scottish frying chocolate bars in oil and the Germans eat crazy sausages, so you got me jk

hh2.gif

#75 of 875 Old 04-08-2009, 06:53 PM

Welcome rroso! Good luck with clomid. To you to Jelinifer! You'll have to let us know how it affects you because I think I might be trying that next.

On the pb and bacon sandwiches, all I can say is weird. lol. I was never a big fan of bacon even before going veg. I'm sure I have my own favorites that others would find weird though.

Hey oceane, : for O soon for both of us! I had actual ewcm yesterday and not much of anything today, so I'm hoping this is it.

Hi Hesperia, ilovemygirl, Keeta, catemom, Talula, and veganmama.

#76 of 875 Old 04-09-2009, 06:00 AM

well, considering that over easter the husband and I going our separate ways I would have preferred to have ovulated already. ah well. we get tomorrow and Monday off here so I hope at least some of you can enjoy a long and relaxing sunny weekend, too!

hh2.gif

#77 of 875 Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 PM

: DS wants me to put some "men" in for him so here they are :

Lots of babydust for a very fertile weekend for the TTC-ers!

#78 of 875 Old 04-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Have a good trip oceane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
: DS wants me to put some "men" in for him so here they are :

Lots of babydust for a very fertile weekend for the TTC-ers!
lol!

#79 of 875 Old 04-10-2009, 04:29 AM

your men are mostly grumpy I see

have a great weekend everyone!

hh2.gif

#80 of 875 Old 04-10-2009, 09:33 AM

Snow~Pea: My side effects on Clomid have been *tolerable.* I've experienced night sweats/hot flashes, crazy food cravings (last month it was Chinese Food, this cycle so far it's been cinammon rolls from the local vegan bakery) and mood swings (I'm usually not much of a crier, but these meds have definitely changed that for me!) I've noticed the side effects were more pronounced when I went from 50mg to 100mg this cycle.... For me, Provera's side effects are much worse than Clomid's!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#81 of 875 Old 04-10-2009, 01:06 PM

Just checking in quickly here...

Quote:
hi hesperia! how can you deal with the waiting if you are so ready? I really couldn't, I'd start right now! (ok, maybe wait for ovulation ). it's smart to start taking folic acid now, though.
Well, originally it 'in a few years', then it was September 2009, now since we are moving home it is June 21st! I'm ready, but don't mind the wait. We are moving and going to be living with my MIL for a month...and have a 6 month old puppy who I'd like to let 'grow up' just a little bit more. I've wanted to start for years though, so a few more months is nothing really.

I'm running out now, but hope everyone is really really well. I'll have to read through and reply to everyone later!
I'm in need of some warm weather, can anyone send me some?

Oh, and does anyone have some stress relieving ideas?? We are moving across the country (again!), and I'm just sick with....anxiety I guess. Not really over anything in particular, just generally on edge and feeling pretty lousy. Thanks

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#82 of 875 Old 04-10-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
Just checking in quickly here...

Well, originally it 'in a few years', then it was September 2009, now since we are moving home it is June 21st! I'm ready, but don't mind the wait. We are moving and going to be living with my MIL for a month...and have a 6 month old puppy who I'd like to let 'grow up' just a little bit more. I've wanted to start for years though, so a few more months is nothing really.

I'm running out now, but hope everyone is really really well. I'll have to read through and reply to everyone later!
I'm in need of some warm weather, can anyone send me some?

Oh, and does anyone have some stress relieving ideas?? We are moving across the country (again!), and I'm just sick with....anxiety I guess. Not really over anything in particular, just generally on edge and feeling pretty lousy. Thanks
lots of awesome warm weather here I am very prone to anxiety and have not found one successful way to deal with it, but I do think Bach Rescue Remedy helps, as do muscle relaxation exercises in the evening and sometimes during the day. less sugar is also supposed to help.

hh2.gif

#83 of 875 Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM

It's sunny and a beautiful 60 degrees here... Sending warm weather vibes your way!!! :

#84 of 875 Old 04-10-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
your men are mostly grumpy I see
I know, I was laughing at that too! Tee hee.

I am being a very good girl today. Had a spinach salad for lunch with strawberries, red onion, toasted pinenuts and pumkin seed with homemade dressing of course.
So nice to be able to stomach raw veggies again!

#85 of 875 Old 04-11-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:

I am being a very good girl today. Had a spinach salad for lunch with strawberries, red onion, toasted pinenuts and pumkin seed with homemade dressing of course.
sounds good! I am a little worried about how I'll be able to hold out at my parents' since they are known to offer me treats I can't resist

hh2.gif

#86 of 875 Old 04-11-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:

mmmm that sounds really good. Strawberries? Honest? I don't think I've seen that shade of red since November when we moved here...soon enough!

My anxiety is through the roof! It is weird, everytime I have to fly it gets so out of hand, I'm normally so relaxed and easy going (I had two back to back panic attacks yesterday and put myself to bed for 3 hours!). My DH broke my rescue remedy...and we have $5 to last us until next Wednesday

But, I cut my hair to cheer myself up. It is really cute. Okay, actually my DH cut my hair.

Ocean - we are staying with my MIL in a few weeks and she is so all about the treats...and it intensifies when we are around because she has an excuse to 'share' them. I can taste the chocolate covered almonds already.

Jelinifer and Rroso - best wishes with the Clomid!

Talula Fairie - hope your tummy eases up soon

I use fertility friend basic, but will be buying a VIP for when we are actively TTC. I've can't seem to find any other programs I like. Actually, thinking of this...I used to use My Monthly Cycles...anyone like that online one?

Ilovemygirl - I agree with you about telling people names before babe arrives (or in my care, before said baby is even in the womb!), always always get negative comments and comments about nicknames and teasing. I wish people were more supportive in general.

Alright, off to go look at my hair some more, I swear I'm not vain. Just getting use to having really really short bangs

#87 of 875 Old 04-13-2009, 12:01 PM

I bet your haircut is cute, hesperia. I did use mymonthlycycles for a while but the expected fertile window etc were pointless to me. I had to email them to delete my account, so that was a hassle, too.

hi everyone, hope you had a fun Easter. I'm glad to be back home though now. I thought I should have ovulated this weekend but I guess not : since my cm dried up it might still take a while. I am done with this cycle!

hh2.gif

#88 of 875 Old 04-13-2009, 12:35 PM

I'm with you oceane, so done with this cycle. I thought I would have ovulated by now too. I haven't checked cm/cp for the last couple of days, so I'm not sure where I stand with that, but temps are still pre-o-ish. I hope we both will see some change in our charts soon .

#89 of 875 Old 04-13-2009, 12:47 PM

:

Hello everyone, just saying Hi!

And, because I love my husband handy work, here is my hair cut!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25352066@N06/3431063291/

#90 of 875 Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 PM

Hesperia: I love the new 'do!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page