Vegans TTC ~ Spring/Summer - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 875 Old 05-11-2009, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Hey oceane . Yah, my temp was low this morning so FF has now decided that I have not ovulated yet, which I agree with. Your chart is looking very fertile, I hope you are not too tired to take advantage of it !
I am not, alas, the universe is against me on that one as the husband is terribly sick and also not here till Wednesday.

hh2.gif

#182 of 875 Old 05-11-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
The nausea comes and goes. I still vomit. I got desperate and went for some *ahem* alternative medicine iykwim which actually does help. Still taking the Zofran 2x a day in addition.
I am going to assume you are talking about herbal tea, lol. Sorry you are still feeling sick . Did you have this much ms with your dd's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
I am not, alas, the universe is against me on that one as the husband is terribly sick and also not here till Wednesday.
oh oceane, sick and out of town? If only the planets would align in our favor just once .

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#183 of 875 Old 05-11-2009, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I had a mild case of HG with my last pregnancy and somewhat with the first as well. With #1 I was sick until about 20 weeks, then sick again at 36 weeks until delivery. With #2 it was about 25 weeks, and more severe, I was on fluids several times. This one is by far the worst. It started earlier (5 weeks vs closer to 8 with the others), I'm way sicker, and it appears to be lasting longer as well
#184 of 875 Old 05-12-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
I had a mild case of HG with my last pregnancy and somewhat with the first as well. With #1 I was sick until about 20 weeks, then sick again at 36 weeks until delivery. With #2 it was about 25 weeks, and more severe, I was on fluids several times. This one is by far the worst. It started earlier (5 weeks vs closer to 8 with the others), I'm way sicker, and it appears to be lasting longer as well
Maybe this baby will also be the best behaved or best sleeper too! There should definately be a reward for all the puking. Hugs, I hope you feel better soon.

#185 of 875 Old 05-13-2009, 03:02 AM

sorry talula, what a horrible way to spend your pregnance. "endure" is the word here.

I had a 0.1 higher temp for the last 2 days, which is a pattern I had last cycle, too. if this a particularly weak type of ovulation?? I know I have to wait if cm dries up to give me my answer but some wondering needs to take place right now.

snow~pea, hi!

hey everyone!

hh2.gif

#186 of 875 Old 05-13-2009, 09:23 AM

Hey there! I haven't been around much lately, only because I'm waiting to O.

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#187 of 875 Old 05-13-2009, 12:33 PM

oceane you're right, it is similar to your last cycle's O. I'm not sure what it means to have such a weak temp spike. I hope its not O yet though, because didn't you say your dh was gone til today? Tell that eggy to stay put for a couple more hours!

I forgot to temp this morning, so nothing to report. cp did seem more fertile yesterday though. I'll have to wait and see what it does today. Guess we are both in the have-no-idea-what-is-going-on phase of our cycles. Hopefully we'll both have some answers by this weekend.

Hey Jen, where are you at with your cycle?

#188 of 875 Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Well at least I am not sick ALL the time like some women. And Zofran is a gift from the heavens, srsly.
#189 of 875 Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 PM

I'm at CD12.... starting to get some good ewcm and my cervix is starting to really soften up. I'm hoping my peak day is either tomorrow or Sat. because I'll be away from dh tonight and Friday night!!!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#190 of 875 Old 05-13-2009, 02:49 PM

this timing thing is difficult, Jen

snow, he left Tuesday morning so Monday was still busy. I did have some more cm today so I'm probably still pre-o.

hh2.gif

#191 of 875 Old 05-13-2009, 03:17 PM

Oceane~ You're telling me!!! Our nights away from each other were anticipated so we have done alot of *um* insurance bd-ing the past few days to keep ourselves covered just in case.

#192 of 875 Old 05-13-2009, 08:45 PM

: for nice big fertile eggies for both of you!

#193 of 875 Old 05-14-2009, 03:19 PM

Jen, exactly, who cares about romance, it's all about what you have to do

that said, ff has decided on an o date for me so I'll take it. I think timing went very well. I'll try not to think about it for the next 10 days, but of course I will do so all the time. including updating a potential names list and checking in here often

hh2.gif

#194 of 875 Old 05-15-2009, 09:34 AM

Well ladies.... onto the 2ww for me Lets hope we caught that eggie!!! :

#195 of 875 Old 05-15-2009, 11:16 AM

Hi ladies, I got back from my business trip to Toronto last night.

DS developed an abscess while I was gone after having his first cavity filled a few weeks ago. They pulled the tooth, a molar while I was flying home yesterday afternoon. Poor little man.

I was the only woman (out of 24) on my trip, as usual. And waddling with the back pain this LO has me in. Such fun! However, I think he turned head down while I was away, he had been stubbornly transverse. I am 30 weeks tomorrow.

DS did not ask to nurse last night and of course, he missed 4 night while I was away. So hopefully that is it and he has weaned himself. Not that nursing him once a day was too much of a burden but I wouldn't mind a break for 2 months before the new baby comes. And he is 5,

Hope everyone is extra fertile this month, I think May is a good month to conceive!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#196 of 875 Old 05-15-2009, 12:58 PM

Yay for ovulating oceane and Jen :! Hopefully I will be joining you soon in the 2ww.

Welcome back VM! Your poor son, I'm sure he was glad to have you back. Has your back pain calmed down at all since you started seeing the chiro?

#197 of 875 Old 05-15-2009, 02:32 PM

Snow~Pea: We'll be waiting for you on the other side!!!

#198 of 875 Old 05-15-2009, 11:34 PM

Hi! I'm usually a lurker, but I was so excited to find this thread! My husband and I started TTC last cycle. We've been married almost four years. He's not vegan (maybe someday!), but I've been vegan for two and a half years. No one else knows we're TTC, so it's nice to have online support!

Vegan mama looking forward to meeting my baby in July 2010!
#199 of 875 Old 05-16-2009, 06:25 AM

Good luck on the two week torture, i mean, wait...
Go little eggies, GO!

Hello becksteracious! To tell or not to tell the world... If you don't tell people, you'll get "OH! A surprise baby!" or "I didn't even know you were trying!" & if you tell people you are ttc, then you get "Any news yet?" over and over again....always full of opinions, people are... Any how! Good luck!!

And good luck everyone! VM is right, May is a good month to conceive!!

: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
#200 of 875 Old 05-16-2009, 07:11 AM

welcome becksteracious! how do you guys prepare meals at home? does your husband eat "your" food out of courtesy or do you guys prepare separate meals? just wondering.
this thread is full of supportive ladies :

cinnamon, how are you feeling?

vm, the joys of being a "pioneer" woman in a male-dominated field, huh? I wonder why established gender roles in careers change so slowly. sorry your back is still hurting

hh2.gif

#201 of 875 Old 05-16-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
Snow~Pea: We'll be waiting for you on the other side!!!
Thanks ! I got a high temp today, so I might have ovulated...on CD19... which would be my normal! Its only happened around 5 times in the last 2 years so this would be a very big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksteracious View Post
Hi! I'm usually a lurker, but I was so excited to find this thread! My husband and I started TTC last cycle. We've been married almost four years. He's not vegan (maybe someday!), but I've been vegan for two and a half years. No one else knows we're TTC, so it's nice to have online support!
Welcome becks! :

oceane, FF took away your crosshairs . What do you think? Did you temp today?

#202 of 875 Old 05-16-2009, 03:21 PM

snow~pea, yay!

me, I have no idea. I didn't temp today because I was sure I ovulated, but today I found some more cm... I'll temp tomorrow, but even if I do I'm not sure what to make of it!

hh2.gif

#203 of 875 Old 05-16-2009, 03:46 PM

Ugh, I think that is the worst part of this all...we chart our temps and track every other sign of our cycles, and still don't get clear answers from our bodies most of the time. I guess it won't matter once we get our bfp's. In the mean time, you'll have to tell your dh that he is back on duty. Good luck with that. I don't know about yours, but mine is definately ready for a break, lol.

#204 of 875 Old 05-17-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Ugh, I think that is the worst part of this all...we chart our temps and track every other sign of our cycles, and still don't get clear answers from our bodies most of the time. I guess it won't matter once we get our bfp's. In the mean time, you'll have to tell your dh that he is back on duty. Good luck with that. I don't know about yours, but mine is definately ready for a break, lol.
same here. I don't know what I think so maybe I'll just stop temping for now and wait for AF/no AF?

hh2.gif

#205 of 875 Old 05-17-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
same here. I don't know what I think so maybe I'll just stop temping for now and wait for AF/no AF?
Its funny, I think we both always come back to this. Stop temping to cut back on stress, but then would you still be stressed with the not knowing? I really don't know. I say do what you feel right now, and if you change your mind later you can always start/stop temping again.

#206 of 875 Old 05-17-2009, 01:06 PM

snow~pea, I always change my mind! pretty quickly usually, too. so peak in sometimes to see the sporadic temp I'm adding

hope everyone had a relaxing weekend!

hh2.gif

#207 of 875 Old 05-18-2009, 05:48 PM

oceane, I think you did ovulate. And it seems much more obvious when I view your chart in fahrenheit. Keeping my : for you.

FF confirmed my O on cd19! I feel so normal, lol.

#208 of 875 Old 05-18-2009, 06:14 PM

thanks for the warm welcomes!

i'm sure i'm in the minority here, but i'm not charting yet. last month i knew when i was most fertile because i happened to have my PAP right at that time and the doctor told me i was very open, high cervix, etc. this month i've just been using an OPK. i should be at the beginning of my fertile window right now, but so far the predictor tests have been negative. my husband and i are in our 20's, so we've got some time. if we don't conceive this month, i may start temping and charting next cycle.

oceane, my husband and i both eat vegan meals at home. he's lacto-ovo vegetarian, and he eats dairy when we go out to non-vegan restaurants. i'm very lucky because he is the cook in our home and he never complains about making vegan meals. he's also totally on board with raising vegan kids. he's a gem!

Vegan mama looking forward to meeting my baby in July 2010!
#209 of 875 Old 05-19-2009, 10:48 AM

Hi fertile vegan ladies!

My parents are visiting so even less time for posting than usual. Caught a cold on the plane down to Toronto last Sunday and can't shake it. Combined with the SI joint pain, I feel like an old, old, woman lately.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#210 of 875 Old 05-19-2009, 02:45 PM

aww, vm. air travel colds are hard to avoid, so it's not you!

hh2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page