Vegans TTC ~ Spring/Summer - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 875 Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oceane, how are you doin? I hope AF is being nice to you.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#242 of 875 Old 05-26-2009, 02:44 AM

I'm liking your chart, snow~pea. good luck!! I am fine, no cramps or anything this cycle, at least that. this was the third cycle on thyroid meds. I do throw dirty looks at kids right now but it will pass (and surely it's not their fault )

hesperia, I'm already on cd3, so you'd have to hurry up it's almost June, your official ttc cycle :
no UC here, at least not with this baby. I'm a hypochondriac and get minor panic attacks seeing any doctor, the husband and I would always wonder if something was normal and then freak out from not knowing. we have quite a few midwives in this town and two birth centers, hopefully one of them is right for us! I work at a women's health center and have read episitiomy (sp?) statistics of all local hospitals and did not like what I saw. so I'd like to avoid going there. more power to you if you are that comfortable in your body! I really hope to get better in that aspect.

: for the 2ww!

hh2.gif

#243 of 875 Old 05-26-2009, 10:20 AM

Hey everyone....Hope your weekend was good! We had absolutely gorgeous weather here yesterday for Memorial Day- not too hot, and not a cloud in the sky

Cycle-wise....I got a BFN 11DPO yesterday. : I got my copy of Infertility Cure in the mail over the weekend, so I think I'm going to give the diet recommendations a try starting next cycle, along with convincing DH to come for accupuncture with me

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#244 of 875 Old 05-26-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
I'm liking your chart, snow~pea. good luck!! I am fine, no cramps or anything this cycle, at least that. this was the third cycle on thyroid meds. I do throw dirty looks at kids right now but it will pass (and surely it's not their fault )
Thanks oceane, although my chart is not near as pretty after I put in today's temp . I'm glad AF is going easy on you. Do you feel like the thyroid meds have helped you so far? Do you feel better in general?

#245 of 875 Old 05-26-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Thanks oceane, although my chart is not near as pretty after I put in today's temp . I'm glad AF is going easy on you. Do you feel like the thyroid meds have helped you so far? Do you feel better in general?
my temps are slightly higher overall I think, I hardly fall below 36.2°C anymore. but I only got tested in the first place because of long cycles, I never felt anything was wrong. :

hh2.gif

#246 of 875 Old 05-26-2009, 07:27 PM

I've been searching the dollar stores here high and low for hpt. Today I found some and bought 5. And, of course I needed to pee on it for fun even though I know that this will not be our month. bfn. I'm not upset at all, it was all for fun. So now I have four left - wonder how long they are going to last. It is just too fun watching your pee change some piece of plastic. I bet it will be even more fun when it changes to the positive result! Come on baby, you are welcome any time

And, I much prefer the dropper type than the actual pee on the stick/dip type. Like chemistry class I never went to.

Just had to share.

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#247 of 875 Old 05-27-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
I've been searching the dollar stores here high and low for hpt. Today I found some and bought 5. And, of course I needed to pee on it for fun even though I know that this will not be our month. bfn. I'm not upset at all, it was all for fun. So now I have four left - wonder how long they are going to last. It is just too fun watching your pee change some piece of plastic. I bet it will be even more fun when it changes to the positive result! Come on baby, you are welcome any time

And, I much prefer the dropper type than the actual pee on the stick/dip type. Like chemistry class I never went to.

Just had to share.
sorry about the bfn but I'm sure you can use up those hpts this coming cycle. I had chemistry until 11th grade and I forgot everything

hh2.gif

#248 of 875 Old 05-27-2009, 01:21 PM

I like the dropper kind too, mostly because I cannot pee on a stick. I don't understand how anyone does it without peeing all over themselves, lol.

Temp still down, but a tiny bit higher than yesterday. I know AF is on her way, but that tenth of a degree up is leaving me with a little glimmer of hope. I hate that . I went back thru my old charts and I have never had a rise like that once my temp started declining at the end of my cycle...

#249 of 875 Old 05-27-2009, 04:30 PM

here's to hoping, snow~pea!!!!

hh2.gif

#250 of 875 Old 05-27-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Temp still down, but a tiny bit higher than yesterday. I know AF is on her way, but that tenth of a degree up is leaving me with a little glimmer of hope. I hate that . I went back thru my old charts and I have never had a rise like that once my temp started declining at the end of my cycle...
Fingers crossed for you!

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#251 of 875 Old 05-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
Cycle-wise....I got a BFN 11DPO yesterday. : I got my copy of Infertility Cure in the mail over the weekend, so I think I'm going to give the diet recommendations a try starting next cycle, along with convincing DH to come for accupuncture with me
sorry to hear about the bfn.

#252 of 875 Old 05-28-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Hey everyone....Hope your weekend was good! We had absolutely gorgeous weather here yesterday for Memorial Day- not too hot, and not a cloud in the sky

somehow I missed your post, sorry about the bfn
which ones exactly are you going to do? I still need to get Spirulina powder and I don't really check which of my veggies I'm supposed to eat. but I do drink wheatgrass juice, eat walnuts and try to not do too much sugar. I don't do acupuncture but I really want to remember nightly acupressure this cycle

ETA: stupid time zones, snow~pea's new temp only appears when it's already evening around here

hh2.gif

#253 of 875 Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 AM

Oceane: I know I'm supposed to avoid cold/damp things, like watermelon, cucumbers, celery, pretty much any raw veggies, anything frozen, nuts, soy, chocolate, bananas and the usual processed flour and sweetners...Avoiding frozen things is proving to be my biggest challenge because I love popsicles, soy ice cream and smoothies.

I'm also trying to eat as close to 100% organic as possible... easy for me because I make all of our meals and most of my snacks from scratch, but convincing dh is harder because he's got a major Coca Cola habit to kick

We'll see if making these little changes here and there help :

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#254 of 875 Old 05-28-2009, 12:44 PM

HI ladies, sorry I have been MIA a bit lately, it has been crazy busy at work. Plus, with 3 chiro appointments a week for this stupid sacro-iliac pain and not sleeping well because my lovely baby boy kicks the crap out of me every night and my 5 year old boy ends up in the bed with us every night and kicks my back for hours, I am not functioning at 100% capacity!
DH did not get home from work until 9:45 last night.

I am staying here until you all get PG though, you hear? So much babydust to you all!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#255 of 875 Old 05-28-2009, 01:03 PM

Thanks for cheering us on VM! Sorry you are not getting the rest you deserve right now. I hope things calm down at work before the baby comes.

CD1 here, on to a new cycle. I will ovulate on cd19 again this month! Just need to keep telling myself that.

#256 of 875 Old 05-28-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Oceane: I know I'm supposed to avoid cold/damp things, like watermelon, cucumbers, celery, pretty much any raw veggies, anything frozen, nuts, soy, chocolate, bananas and the usual processed flour and sweetners...Avoiding frozen things is proving to be my biggest challenge because I love popsicles, soy ice cream and smoothies.
nuts and bananas (and raw lettuce salads) would be my biggest challenge!

hh2.gif

#257 of 875 Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 PM

snow! welcome to the follicular phase. we will ovulate on day 19!

hh2.gif

#258 of 875 Old 05-28-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
CD1 here, on to a new cycle. I will ovulate on cd19 again this month! Just need to keep telling myself that.
So sorry to hear s You WILL O on day 19. It will happen!

I'm still waiting for AF (hello auntie?!), which is fine because it keeps pushing our TTC date and my ovulation date closer together. : We start in 24 days....but that is like 8 days after I ovulate. hahaha. I'm prepared for July not June.

I wanna see a bfp!
Remember ladies FRIDAY CHECK IN!

#259 of 875 Old 05-29-2009, 11:14 AM

Friday check-in:

almost done with the period, on to the very long and very uneventful follicular phase. any advice on what to eat or drink during that to up my chances is welcome.

(prepare for the list of things I AM doing )

green tea
pulsatilla d12 (homeopathy)
wheatgrass juice cocktail (includes green tea, agave, lemon juice)
rrl/nettle/oatstraw/red clover infusions daily
some walking
cal/mag/d supplement
thyroid meds
folic acid 800mcg, b12 40 (I can't type it but whatever measure b12 generally comes in, yes, it's a lot!), 4mg b6

I'll buy grapefruit juice today, too.
not much sugar, not much soy

anything I'm forgetting?

hh2.gif

#260 of 875 Old 05-29-2009, 01:33 PM

Friday Check In:

AF arrived in full force today.... I start round #4 of Clomid on Sunday.

What we are doing this cycle:

Clomid 100mg CD3-7
accupuncture 2x/wk for me and 1x/wk for dh
TCM diet for me and as close to 100% organic as possible for both of us
Moxibustion every day until 5DPO

....and thinking about adding a few sessions of Arvigo massage and weekly craniosacral therapy sessions to this cycle. If the next two cycles don't bring a BFP my OB-GYN wants to stop Clomid start discussing IUIs with more powerful meds, so I'm trying to kick things into gear so we don't have to resort to that

#261 of 875 Old 05-29-2009, 10:08 PM

Friday Check-in:

I'm 9 DPO and am trying really hard to wait until Sunday to use the single Early Response test I have. I don't feel pregnant, but am still hopeful!

Vegan mama looking forward to meeting my baby in July 2010!
#262 of 875 Old 05-29-2009, 10:15 PM

Thanks Hesperia for sharing your work/maternity leave plans. I live in Oregon and am half-tempted to move a few hours up to Canada for the maternity leave! At this point, I am leaning toward not going back to the family I work for (as heart-breaking as that would be) and picking up an extra day or two at my second job. I work at a children's clothing store on Sundays, and the owners have asked me multiple times if I wanted to pick up an extra day. I'm positive they would let me bring my baby with me, so it seems like a good option.
I'll be going to work at the shop right after I take my pg test on Sunday morning, so the day will either be spent buying up every little piece of baby clothing I like or trying not to give all the pregnant shoppers jealous glares.

Vegan mama looking forward to meeting my baby in July 2010!
#263 of 875 Old 05-29-2009, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksteracious View Post
Friday Check-in:

I'm 9 DPO and am trying really hard to wait until Sunday to use the single Early Response test I have. I don't feel pregnant, but am still hopeful!
you know, this time around, I had NO IDEA i was pregnant when I turned the stick positive. if my period had not been late and I hadn't just had a dream that i was pg, i would never have tested.
#264 of 875 Old 05-30-2009, 12:12 AM

Friday check-in.

I'm on my FIFTH day of spotting. haha. This isn't highly unusually for me, but also not common. It is very slight. I've been keeping my divacup in non-stop to watch the texture and colour closely. I guess there was a bit more today, more fluid, same about of red.

I'm on cycle day 33. Again, not totally off, but my body felt ready a week ago.

Drinking my RRL tea and taking folic acid. Nothing else. Just filling my heart with open thoughts of welcoming a baby into this world.

Good luck to everyone!

#265 of 875 Old 05-30-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:

....and thinking about adding a few sessions of Arvigo massage and weekly craniosacral therapy sessions to this cycle.
what's arvigo massage?

hh2.gif

#266 of 875 Old 05-30-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Friday check-in:

almost done with the period, on to the very long and very uneventful follicular phase. any advice on what to eat or drink during that to up my chances is welcome.

green tea
Do you make this fresh?
some walking
cal/mag/d supplement
thyroid meds
folic acid 800mcg, b12 40 (I can't type it but whatever measure b12 generally comes in, yes, it's a lot!), 4mg b6

anything I'm forgetting?
Sounds great! Fingers crossed for you

#267 of 875 Old 05-30-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Friday Check In:

Clomid 100mg CD3-7

....and thinking about adding a few sessions of Arvigo massage and weekly craniosacral therapy sessions to this cycle. If the next two cycles don't bring a BFP my OB-GYN wants to stop Clomid start discussing IUIs with more powerful meds, so I'm trying to kick things into gear so we don't have to resort to that
Oh, wow! You will get pregnant on your own! Keep telling yourself that :

#268 of 875 Old 05-30-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksteracious View Post
Friday Check-in:

takeacheapietakeacheapietakeacheapie

#269 of 875 Old 05-30-2009, 03:14 PM

thanks hesperia.

good luck becks!

hh2.gif

#270 of 875 Old 05-30-2009, 03:22 PM

: Becks & Hesperia!

Quote:
Friday check-in:

green tea
some walking
cal/mag/d supplement
thyroid meds

anything I'm forgetting?
Wow oceane, I can't think of anything else you could possibly add! I think you've got all your bases covered.

Quote:
Friday Check In:

Clomid 100mg CD3-7

Jen, so sorry AF found you. What is moxibustion?

Friday check in on Saturday:
CD3...no plans for suppliments or treatments this cycle other than vitamins:
New Chapter prenatal and calcium, plus vitamin c and garlic to keep the swine flu away, lol.
Oh, and will try to remember to talk to my ovaries to remind them to ovulate on time again this cycle .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page