***April Concieving in Our 20's*** - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 390 Old 04-24-2009, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I may be crazy (correction, I know I am, but anyway...) but I SWEAR my stretch marks on my tummy from my last two pregnancies are disappearing more every third time I use the progesterone cream (because thats where I apply it)

Seriously... i'm about to the point where I'd be okay to wear a bikini again and just a month ago i still looked like I had been attacked by a man eating lion in my stomach/inner legs. I don't know, mind you, if it IS the progesterone... or if it's the weight loss... or the vitamins i've been taking... but something in me tells me it's the progesterone.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#302 of 390 Old 04-24-2009, 10:52 AM

finally arrived! I am actually relieved. I will start taking Maca in the morning and we'll see how or if that will impact anything in my cycle. Blech!

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#303 of 390 Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 AM

Grapes. What were you doing to make your lp so much longer than last cycle? Do you think it was the maca or something else?

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#304 of 390 Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Grapes. What were you doing to make your lp so much longer than last cycle? Do you think it was the maca or something else?
I wasn't doing anything. I bought Maca back in February, took it for about three days and then missed it a couple of days before I O'd and stopped taking it altogether because I didn't want it to mess with my Post-O temps. I didn't know if it would or not, so I just didn't. This month I took it once and conveniently forgot to take it again. I hate the taste so much, it's hard to even MAKE myself take it. I am determined to do it this month as DH is willing to take it if I bring it to him.

As for the longer LP...I have no idea what it was other than my body was playing a cruel, nasty joke on me! That or last cycle was just really short for some odd reason. I guess I will know better after this month since I will have three months to compare instead of two. My only change is that I cut back on caffeine. I normally drink about 3-4 cups of coffee a day and some Coke with my dinner. This month I cut back to just one cup of coffee a day (except for maybe 2 on a rough morning). I've been drinking water throughout the day and even with my dinner. That's the only change and I don't think that had anything to do with my LP.

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#305 of 390 Old 04-24-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
I may be crazy (correction, I know I am, but anyway...) but I SWEAR my stretch marks on my tummy from my last two pregnancies are disappearing more every third time I use the progesterone cream (because thats where I apply it)

Seriously... i'm about to the point where I'd be okay to wear a bikini again and just a month ago i still looked like I had been attacked by a man eating lion in my stomach/inner legs. I don't know, mind you, if it IS the progesterone... or if it's the weight loss... or the vitamins i've been taking... but something in me tells me it's the progesterone.
NICE! I have those kind of marks too LOL. My kids call them my warrior marks I wonder if it is the cream?

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#306 of 390 Old 04-24-2009, 03:43 PM

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still keeping up with you all and check in from time to time to see those bfps. Surprised there aren't more for April. Only 1?!?

And Snow~Pea, your chart is looking REAL good. 12 dpo and your temp is still high and a bit higher overall than last cycle. I am excited for you. I will be checking in to see the results of your test!

Good luck and happy thoughts to everyone else!
#307 of 390 Old 04-24-2009, 06:17 PM

UGH! I miss some days from sickness and I dunno where to start with all these threads...

I think I've O'd...but I'm sick so my fever's not helping. DH is also sick now, and snoring right here in bed aw. He FINALLY got an appt and we dropped off a sample for a SA Wednesday! We should have results back by Monday.. ! I hope it's good news...but we are expecting the worst to save our hearts in case nothing has changed.

I did not read up on the thread so grats to those who need it, hugs to those who need it, and HI to everyone! I'mma to back to bed now!

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#308 of 390 Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesBunch View Post
I wasn't doing anything. I bought Maca back in February, took it for about three days and then missed it a couple of days before I O'd and stopped taking it altogether because I didn't want it to mess with my Post-O temps. I didn't know if it would or not, so I just didn't. This month I took it once and conveniently forgot to take it again. I hate the taste so much, it's hard to even MAKE myself take it. I am determined to do it this month as DH is willing to take it if I bring it to him.

As for the longer LP...I have no idea what it was other than my body was playing a cruel, nasty joke on me! That or last cycle was just really short for some odd reason. I guess I will know better after this month since I will have three months to compare instead of two. My only change is that I cut back on caffeine. I normally drink about 3-4 cups of coffee a day and some Coke with my dinner. This month I cut back to just one cup of coffee a day (except for maybe 2 on a rough morning). I've been drinking water throughout the day and even with my dinner. That's the only change and I don't think that had anything to do with my LP.
Hmm, it is strange that your LP would change that much from one cycle to the next. I am hoping it will be an unsolved mystery because your next lp is going to be 9 months long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesmama View Post
Hi ladies!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still keeping up with you all and check in from time to time to see those bfps. Surprised there aren't more for April. Only 1?!?

And Snow~Pea, your chart is looking REAL good. 12 dpo and your temp is still high and a bit higher overall than last cycle. I am excited for you. I will be checking in to see the results of your test!

Good luck and happy thoughts to everyone else!
Thanks for stalking my chart ellesmama! I think I might only be 11dpo b/c I think FF might have me o'ing a day early, so I probably won't test til monday which would be either 1 or 2 days late depending on how you look at it. I will surely let you know the results if I get there.

ETA: KParker, good luck on your husband's test results!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#309 of 390 Old 04-24-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLY? View Post
Another symptom I can add to my list is INSANITY.
So, I caved in and tested a day early (AF is suppose to show tomorrow, and it’s a day-of-missed-period-test). With my FMU, I saw a faint line…. if I squinted… which after the first three courtesy minutes, of course, got darker. So, I’m not too sure how reliable it is.
So what do I do?! I take a walk with Caleb to CVS, about ten minutes away. Not too bad at all. I pick up a 5 day early detection test and teething tablets for Caleb and guess what?...

I forgot my wallet.

So, we walk back home. And, I swear, I am gasping for breath 2/3 of the way home. And I’ve decided to not go back to the store. :
Now, I walk everywhere, and I’m in descent shape. We walk tri-weekly to the library, park or the pond- and are all at least 20 minutes away—but walking to CVS almost buries me?
I think my body is conspiring against me.
Quote:
AFM:
Okay. I’m descending further into madness here. Talk me down, mommas! I know I am being crazy!
The result I mentioned above is a +/- test. The vertical line was as dark as the control line after the elapsed time. Is that normal? Do evap lines/antibody strips actually appear dark? And can a false positive be that dark?
Quote:
Thank you! I looked at their gallery section, and there was a positive 13 dpo that matched mine exactally. :
If AF doesn't show by Saturday, I'll be two days late and I'll test again!
I'm hoping this wasn't a false + :
:
Okay. It's Friday. Still no AF. Tomorrow's Saturday. I'll be off to the store tomorrow to buy another test. :
#310 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
:
Okay. It's Friday. Still no AF. Tomorrow's Saturday. I'll be off to the store tomorrow to buy another test. :

wooooo! hoping to hear some good news tomorrow!

xpost from the one thread below...

afm stuff is FINALLY happening, WOOOO! i almost O'd earlier this week, i think, but then i got really sick and i felt my cervix dropping and my CM start to dry up. then yesterday things started improving again. got a peak reading today and my cervix was WAY HIGH, and i had severe O pain. super severe! i've had this one other time - when i conceived DD! i felt like my ovary was going to explode. i reeeeaaaaallly hope we caught this egg. i'm hoping my temp jumps tomorrow, because trying to fit in sex has been hard this week! DD's been teething and miserable, i've been sick and miserable, DH has been stressed at work and miserable, etc. so i'd like to just be in the 2ww already!

things are improving over here - i know i just whined about the whole week but everyone's doing way better now. the change in weather feels great, and i'm hoping that spring coming brings loads of fertility for everyone!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#311 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 09:54 AM

Snow Pea- WOW Look at your chart!!!!! Are you planning on testing???

YumYum-- So you think the isoflavens paid off??

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#312 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 10:16 AM

WHOAH- where did the "Future mommy" come from???? hehe I like it

#313 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 10:28 AM

ok guys, so this may seem like a silly question...BUT how do you get your fertility friend chart to link to the little chart 'emoticon' thing?

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#314 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
WHOAH- where did the "Future mommy" come from???? hehe I like it
It's called a DDDDC... and I'm glad you like it.

I needed a way to tell you from Lauren82 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
ok guys, so this may seem like a silly question...BUT how do you get your fertility friend chart to link to the little chart 'emoticon' thing?
Okay, you know how when you make a link... in brackets it says url="url of your ff page" and then end bracket... then it says url of your ff page again... and then in brackets it says /url?

Well the second area where it says the url of your ff page... not inside any brackets... change that to :

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#315 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 10:54 AM

Wow...I'm so not html savvy! I did :

did it work??

#316 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
Wow...I'm so not html savvy! I did :

did it work??
yep

and its not html its bbcode ... html uses <'s lol

#317 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
yep

and its not html its bbcode ... html uses <'s lol
! see, so don't know the code lingo Thank you!!!

#318 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 11:17 AM

i clicked someones FF link to look at their chart and just thought to myself "you know, i'd like a sub to FF. I wonder how much they are" so i went to my chart to go check and at the top of the page was "Get your subscription for a special low price only available for the next 6 days"

Evil websites reading my mind.

#319 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 11:21 AM

Yeah, but you can use FF for free too That is what I do, otherwise my husband would pitch a fit haha

#320 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but you can use FF for free too That is what I do, otherwise my husband would pitch a fit haha
There's certain parts of it that I'm going to want to use next month... that can only be done if you pay.

#321 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 11:31 AM

Maeryn- I especially like the due date calculator, the pregnancy signs/fertile signs estimator, and all the cool checked boxes, not to mention the comparing the charts stuff. Alas, to have more money. I had to pick and choose bw supplements, OPKs, FF VIP, EPTs, etc. hahaha

#322 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 11:32 AM

hehe

the only problem i have is that if the progesterone works ff will think my lp is much longer than it actually is!!!

#323 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
hehe

the only problem i have is that if the progesterone works ff will think my lp is much longer than it actually is!!!
nah, they need like three or four actual cycles registered to claim they know when you should get AF or test. Otherwise they say to test 18 days after ovulation, due to insufficient information.

#324 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 11:52 AM

Well, that helps, since I already know my lp is 12 days long.

#325 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
There's certain parts of it that I'm going to want to use next month... that can only be done if you pay.
I've been having this debate too...I just finished up my 5 days of free upgrade trial and I really liked it. I have this funny feeling that as soon as I pay for a sub I'm going to get pregnant.

Hey wait, maybe that means I should do it!
#326 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmode View Post
I've been having this debate too...I just finished up my 5 days of free upgrade trial and I really liked it. I have this funny feeling that as soon as I pay for a sub I'm going to get pregnant.

plus if you pay for vip and get pregnant they give you vip access to fertility friend's pregnancy site.

#327 of 390 Old 04-25-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
YumYum-- So you think the isoflavens paid off??
yeah! i had SUCH strong symptoms of ovulation this time. i know it was still late in the cycle, but i started the soy like a week later than you're supposed to. i wonder if i would've O'd CD18ish if i had started it CD 5? but that aside, i just feel like i had a good ovulation, not sure why. no EWCM but plenty of watery CM, strong O cramps, libido through the roof, etc etc. i've had a lot of strong signs that all coincide which NEVER seems to happen.

Quote:
i clicked someones FF link to look at their chart and just thought to myself "you know, i'd like a sub to FF. I wonder how much they are" so i went to my chart to go check and at the top of the page was "Get your subscription for a special low price only available for the next 6 days"

Evil websites reading my mind.
it did that during my last 2ww! i promised myself i'd buy 6 months worth as a consolation prize if i wasn't pregnant, so i did. i like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmode View Post

that was part of my logic!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#328 of 390 Old 04-26-2009, 10:21 AM

Ok, I did it, I just bought a 90-day sub. It was on sale, so I figured, why not!
#329 of 390 Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 AM

LOL, temping just saved the day!

I've been in the habit of getting up at 7 now to temp and was supposed to temp this morning after DH went to work. Well, he was still there and sleeping! He set the alarm for 6pm instead of 6am. So because I got up to temp, he was able to fly out the door to go to work.

But because I talked to him and ran around with him, my temp was very low when I went back to bed. So I took it when I really got up for the day.

I do want to say, he asked what the therm. was doing by the nightstand and I explained I was taking my temp to see what was going on. He said "I know why you're late, you're pregnant, duh" As if there could be only one explanation. He's convinced I'm PG and completely asymptomatic.

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

#330 of 390 Old 04-26-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
He said "I know why you're late, you're pregnant, duh" As if there could be only one explanation. He's convinced I'm PG and completely asymptomatic.
You have been having pretty high temps... is it possible you ARE pregnant? When was your last HPT? I think if nothing else you are definitely in your LP so your period should be coming.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page