***April Concieving in Our 20's*** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Popping back in. . . Haven't checked in for a bit. Got AF last cycle and had a very short luteal phase. I actually think I conceived, but due to short LP, well...You know the rest. SO, this cycle was much longer. I am just now O'ing (Day 19-which is much more normal for me) and will begin progesterone cream tomorrow or next day. I am glad to see that my body seems to be getting back on track after the IUD removal. Woot woot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterna View Post
*waves*

I get to join you ladies this month!

Hi, I'm Rebekkah, 26, TTC #1 starting.... now!
Awesome! Welcome and hope that you stay is SHORT!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibaby View Post
I saw some darker lines this morning, so I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant!

Did three tests this morning, the FRER was still somewhat faint but definitely darker, the $ Store test was about the same as yesterday, and the CVS test was darker than the one I took last night.

I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor today, but it looks like my EDD will be the first week of December. Please pray for a happy and healthy nine months for me...thanks!

Please add me to March BFP's! Thanks!
: HUGE CONGRATS!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
How long was your first cycle? I had removed on March 9th and then got my period full force 2 days later. I bled straight for 7 days and I haven't really been able to get a sense of my cycle since then. I'm not sure if I've ovulated and I'm not sure how long this cycle will be so that I can even estimate. I only had it in for 8 months and I used to get my period really lightly about once every 6-8 weeks so I'm wondering if I'm going to have another 6 week cycle again. Usually I'm like clockwork, every 28-30 days! So frustrating!!! I hope I'm one of those women who just never gets their period back again because they're pregnant!
That happened to me. I had a Mirena before I got PG with my youngest. I was preggo within three weeks of removal. Needless to say, it got my hopes up for this time. I am on my second cycle since Mirena and things seem to be getting back to normal fairly quickly. Good luck!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:03 AM

Newbie check in:
Name: Jennifer
Date: April 4th
Where are you at in your cycle: CD2 blech
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: Cramps from hell
Testing: none right now
Thoughts: Right now I'm really hating being a women. AF is really mocking all my hopefull thoughts I was having last weekend.

For the list
Jennifer TTC#2 with one beautiful boy
Old 04-04-2009, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
You guys are nuts waking up at oh-god-early to temp. >.> I might get there eventually, but so far sleep > temping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
How long was your first cycle? I had removed on March 9th and then got my period full force 2 days later. I bled straight for 7 days and I haven't really been able to get a sense of my cycle since then. I'm not sure if I've ovulated and I'm not sure how long this cycle will be so that I can even estimate. I only had it in for 8 months and I used to get my period really lightly about once every 6-8 weeks so I'm wondering if I'm going to have another 6 week cycle again. Usually I'm like clockwork, every 28-30 days! So frustrating!!! I hope I'm one of those women who just never gets their period back again because they're pregnant!
Uhm... I don't actually know. I had a little spotting within a few days of removal, and I think had a fullblown period three weeks later? (This was last November and I don't pay much attention to my cycle in the best of times, so it's a little hazy.) I recall that first period lasted a long time, like 7-8 days (mine are usually 3-4), but I've pretty much tuned it out since then. This last cycle was 27 days, and I only know that because last cycle ended right before my birthday and I was stoked about it, LOL!

I had my Mirena for three years and was amenorrhoeal the whole time. I have no idea if I'm ovulating; that's why I'm learning to chart now. Because I'd rather know something like that ASAP.

Jenna -

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:09 PM

well af came today, within a good time limit, so that is good at least. i started fertility blend today and will get to start using my ov-watch tonight. yay!! ive been waiting to use it, though i wouldnt have minded putting it off lol. anyways. lets get some bfp's!!!
Thanks again everyone

In Love since 2007. Forever missing our unborn angels 04/06~10/08~03/09 TTC for over 2yrs Praying for a 2010 : healthy baby
Old 04-05-2009, 07:30 PM

Welcome SuzieQ, Nicole, and JohnsCelticQueen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna_rios View Post
Hey, can you take me off the bfp list and put me back on the concieving #1, i miscarried on 3/3.

Well, how have you all been??? sorry i havent been on in a bit, been just... ya know. well anywho i got better internet now so i dont have to wait 5 minutes for every page to load (verizon wireless sux!!).
last night i found out that my brother-in-law's ex, who is in jail and might go to prision for forgery, is pregnant!!! and it could be about 4 different people! we havent told him, and i am not going to. that is their business. but DH sister told me last night and she knows we been ttc and just had a m/c!! i wanted to yell WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS!!! ugh it is just so aggrivating. and i hate that i do feel jealousy. i just dont know anymore. i dont want to give up i want a child so badly, but it hurts. ykwim.
sorry for the rant, thanks for listening (so to say). i wish things would have ended up differently this time, like me still being pregnant and everything going good, but since it didnt i am glad to able to come back to you wonderful ladies for support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna_rios View Post
well af came today, within a good time limit, so that is good at least. i started fertility blend today and will get to start using my ov-watch tonight. yay!! ive been waiting to use it, though i wouldnt have minded putting it off lol. anyways. lets get some bfp's!!!
Thanks again everyone
Jenna I am so sorry. I hope your cycle regulates soon.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

Old 04-06-2009, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
: came today Boo!

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Old 04-06-2009, 11:09 AM

Monday check in:
Name: stealthmode
Date: 4/6
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 21
Appointments: N/A
Symptoms if they apply: Nothin'
Testing: Entering the TWW
Thoughts: I was pretty sure I was going to be anovulatory this month, but then this morning my temp went up quite a bit from the last few days, and I even took it 20 minutes earlier than normal. We have been DTD the last few days, so I'm hopeful. We had a death in the family so we'll be flying home this weekend. Now, how to avoid alcohol without raising suspicions...
Old 04-06-2009, 11:38 AM

Monday check in:
Name: lindsayk
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 25
Appointments: N/A
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: waiting for AF

Thoughts: Ok, I have been stalking here since January, and we are really close to actually trying to TTC. Actually, DH has been wanting to for a while, but I have a short term study abroad course in May (2.5 weeks in Budapest/Vienna/Prague), so want to wait until after that to TTC because I had horrible morning sickness with DD. We officially set our TTC date as 5/1 (our 5 year anniversary!) as that was about the recommended 18 months between pregnancies. But now I am wondering if maybe we should give it a shot this month just for giggles.

Before DD, I had the weirdest periods - only about 3 or 4 a year, so I had no idea when I ovulated. I tried charting, but it was completely ungratifying with 3-4 month long cycles. I started again this month, and actually have a normal looking cycle! I am so proud of it! I actually like waking up to take my temp, and I now understand why people obsess over charts! LOL

So, if my cycle behaves, I am hoping to O around the end of this month, and then even if I did get pregnant, I could still do the trip to Europe, and get home just in time to start puking So, haven't decided whether or not this is the month to start TTC, or if its going to be May, or even if my cycles will behave for it to be this month, but in any case here I am, I'm done stalking! Woo! :

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 PM

Happy : Monday All!

Monday check in:
Name: GrapesBunch
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 13
Appointments: Possibly just an appointment for my out of control asthma... BOO!
Symptoms if they apply: EWCM and expecting to O by Thursday...
Testing: None
Thoughts: I am expecting to O any day now so I am really excited to start the 2ww again. My asthma is going crazy right now, but I am hoping the rain helps with that. I am using my inhaler and nebulizer at least twice a day but once I O I'm thinking I'd better stop taking them. If I get pregnant this cycle I will definitely be calling my dr to find out what I can take while pregnant...

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:36 PM

Monday check in:
Name: Lauren
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 24, 4dpo
Appointments: none
Symptoms if they apply: my stomach feels like butter knives are stabbing from the inside out.
Testing: None
Thoughts: I have no idea... I am just confused and tired of this heartburn that i have had since 1 dpo.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM

Hi everyone, and goodbye for now.

Dh and I have decided to stop ttc for now. We would really love a baby, but the stress and sadness of ttc is just too much.

We are going to leave it in God's hands. Not ttc and not trying to not conceive. This decision has brought us both much relief.

Please remove me from the list.

I will miss all of you supportive girls and will check in from time to time to see those bfps!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:15 PM

do i have to do name and date if i'm not sharing my real name and the date is time-stamped on the thing?

anyway, to those who need them. making this quick as i only have a bit of time.

Where are you at in your cycle: CD 5.
Appointments:
n/a
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
Testing: i've got a long ways to go before i think about THAT, since last cycle i didn't O till CD33
Thoughts: trying out the clearblue easy fertility monitor this month. i'm not feeling great about ttc this month. i've got a spinal issue that has been much better for the past few months, but now i'm having a really bad flare-up and am on bedrest taking oxycontin 'round the clock. so. i don't know. i'm hoping this will go away in a couple days, as has happened before, and that the associated stress and meds won't somehow convince my body not to O. i'm also afraid DH won't want to keep ttc because of the back issue, even though my back was far weaker when i got pregnant with DD than it is now.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 04-06-2009, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Monday check in:
Name: Karen
Where are you at in your cycle: 13 DPO (worried it's only 12 DPO since FF wants it to be 12 if I take out my fertile CM post O)
Appointments: n/a
Symptoms if they apply: oh golly...check the "obsess over symptoms thread" because I can't clog this one up with the long list
Testing: not until FRIDAY... if I make it that far without AF
Thoughts: My temp is still up (dropped a bit but still up) and I'm having a cow about if my O date is correct or not and what tomorrow might bring. And the next day. And the day after that. UGH

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12
Old 04-06-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post
Monday check in:
Name: Karen
Where are you at in your cycle: 13 DPO (worried it's only 12 DPO since FF wants it to be 12 if I take out my fertile CM post O)
Symptoms if they apply: oh golly...check the "obsess over symptoms thread" because I can't clog this one up with the long list
Testing: not until FRIDAY... if I make it that far without AF
Thoughts: My temp is still up (dropped a bit but still up) and I'm having a cow about if my O date is correct or not and what tomorrow might bring. And the next day. And the day after that. UGH
have you tried changing the O detection settings? fiddle with it and look at advanced vs FAM. if you have VIP or a VIP trial, try research. lots of women have fertile CM post O, so it is hard to tell based on that!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
Old 04-06-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
have you tried changing the O detection settings? fiddle with it and look at advanced vs FAM. if you have VIP or a VIP trial, try research. lots of women have fertile CM post O, so it is hard to tell based on that!
I use FAM when charting because I've read TCOYF but if I change FF off advanced to FAM, it gives me ridiculous LP lengths from 10 days to 17 days and I know I don't normally vary like that. So I leave it on advanced since I agree with its decisions that way, at least lol.

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:00 PM

: stealthmode, Lauren(yay for ovulating!), and kparker!

SeattleRain.

Welcome LindsayK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesmama View Post
Hi everyone, and goodbye for now.

Dh and I have decided to stop ttc for now. We would really love a baby, but the stress and sadness of ttc is just too much.

We are going to leave it in God's hands. Not ttc and not trying to not conceive. This decision has brought us both much relief.

Please remove me from the list.

I will miss all of you supportive girls and will check in from time to time to see those bfps!
Lots of hugs to you. You will definately be missed, but I understand the needs for a break.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Monday check in:
Name: Pea
Date: 4/6/09
Where are you at in your cycle: cd23 / waiting to o
Symptoms if they apply: fertile cm on and off, softish but closed cp
Testing: n/a
Thoughts:

Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM

just checking in... still waiting to O. negative opks so far, slight ewcm but I think it qualifies as more creamy cm.... waiting to see what comes first, a post opk or ewcm. crossing my fingers.

BFPChart2.gif

Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesmama View Post
i missed this before, somehow. i am glad that this decision has brought some peace to you and your husband, and i wish you the best!

Quote:
I use FAM when charting because I've read TCOYF but if I change FF off advanced to FAM, it gives me ridiculous LP lengths from 10 days to 17 days and I know I don't normally vary like that. So I leave it on advanced since I agree with its decisions that way, at least lol.
yeah, when i put FF on FAM it gives me wonky stuff too. but i also chart with ovusoft, and its detection settings are almost the same as FF's advanced!

is it weird to admit that I'M having a hard time with YOUR 2ww? i am dying for you to go pee on something already!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicpapayamama View Post
just checking in... still waiting to O. negative opks so far, slight ewcm but I think it qualifies as more creamy cm.... waiting to see what comes first, a post opk or ewcm. crossing my fingers.
:

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Old 04-06-2009, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Name: SeattleRain
Date: April 4th
Where are you at in your cycle: CD2
Symptoms if they apply: Bright red bleeding... again... yesterday I was puking also
Testing: I'm starting OPK at CD10
Thoughts: I cant believe my cycle was only 25 days!!!! I'm hoping that it'll get to 28 or else I'm in trouble! I sort of knew I wasn't pregnant this month so I'm not too crushed, I'm just hoping to pinpoint ovulation and get back to regular. I also want to speed up my period so that I have a possibility of being able to concieve so I picked up a DivaCup in hopes that it will make my period go faster.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
is it weird to admit that I'M having a hard time with YOUR 2ww? i am dying for you to go pee on something already!
I SO WANT TO... I wish I hadn't asked DH to hide the sticks. I searched the house for them a while ago.. He hid them well

It's all up to tomorrow's temp... I temp at 630am central time... I will have it in the computer by 7, 730am central (laziness depending) for all my stalkers regardless if it's a good or bad temp because I probably won't be able to go back to bed if it's high, and I'll have to get up anyway to put on a tampon or something if it's low, so might as well.

I'm exhausted atm and am going to go nap. I guess that's a good thing?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I SO WANT TO... I wish I hadn't asked DH to hide the sticks. I searched the house for them a while ago.. He hid them well

It's all up to tomorrow's temp... I temp at 630am central time... I will have it in the computer by 7, 730am central (laziness depending) for all my stalkers regardless if it's a good or bad temp because I probably won't be able to go back to bed if it's high, and I'll have to get up anyway to put on a tampon or something if it's low, so might as well.

I'm exhausted atm and am going to go nap. I guess that's a good thing?
Ok, I'm not in this thread, because I'm 30, but kparker, could you please, please put it in by 7:00? otherwise I'll have to go to work before.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I will have it in the computer by 7, 730am central (laziness depending)
i input my temps using fertility friend's mobile website - my cell alarm wakes me up, i temp, plug the temp in with my phone, and there ya go! convenient for you AND your stalkers! :

Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 PM

Name: PaytonPlace
Date: April 6th
Where are you at in your cycle: 9DPO
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: won't test
Thoughts: I'm 99.9% sure I'm not pregnant. Last cycle I had such an awesome cycle. (13 day LP with no mid-cycle spotting - which hasn't happened for me in over 6 months) This cycle, I'm back to having the mid-cycle spotting, started on 6DPO and has occurred every day since. It's not enough to need a pantiliner or anything but it's still spotting. I go from sad to angry & back & forth. I am so angry that my body is not working properly. I need to go get my actual lab results from my 7DPO bloodwork so I can research the numbers myself. My GP told me it was "normal" but who knows what that actually means. God this is getting old.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
Old 04-06-2009, 10:00 PM

Name: SuzieQ
Date: April 6th
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 27
Symptoms if they apply: nothing out of the ordinary
Testing: not yet....
Thoughts: still having EWCM for past 6 days, with no clear cut O yet. Temp has crept up, but not near where I would expect it to be if ovulation actually occurred. Patience is not my virtue...lol

SuzieQ (27), wife to my wonderful husband of 5 years, mom to a beautiful baby boy born 3.28.10
Old 04-06-2009, 10:58 PM

I lost my DD back in 2007 due to anencephaly (a neural tube defect). I know they dont know what causes it and the majority of cases happen to families with no history of ntds.... I know the facts. I was just thinking back a bit... I remember I had (TMI ahead) a wart on my foot a long time ago that was treated with Salicylic Acid among other things. I cant remember the exact timeline.... I would imagine it was near the end of 2005 beginning of 2006 that I had this treatment done. I thought nothing of it. In late 2006 (Oct) DH (at the time) and I decided to ttc. We got pg on the first try and found out in Nov. Do you think there was a connection? only reason I bring this up is because I am ttc now again and I have another small wart (or at least I think it is) on my foot again and Im wondering if I should avoid treatment again. I hate having it on my foot and would like it gone but ive been ttc for 5 months now and I dunno how long it will take to conceive and then Im told while I am pregnant I cannot have treatment and I dont think I want to put it off for so long. any input would be great. Im sorry I didnt know where else to put this. Thanks

BFPChart2.gif

User Tag List