Does ovulation pain mean it is happening RIGHT NOW??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,
I have been having what I think is ovulatory pain this afternoon,lower back ache and quite sharp twinges just inside my hip bone, specifically on the right hand side, but also a dull ache on the left aswel as the odd twinge. Is this normal to feel it on both sides? I thought you were only meant to ovulate from one side?
Also does this mean I am actually ovulating RIGHT NOW??? Or that is has happened... or is about to happen? I will wait to see what my temp does tomorrow morning, I was just curious though and was interested to know your thoughts. Oh and I had EWCM too, so I think something is definatly going on down there, LOL!
TIA!
#2 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 AM

oooh, time to get it ON!!! lol. i think some women feel pain at the exact moment of ovulation but others just have some pain/crampiness in the area around O time. i've had O cramps for a day or two before my temp and CM showed ovulation. so maybe you are Oing right now or on the verge of it!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#3 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 12:35 PM

I get the pains 3-4 days before ovulation. What helped me figure that out was using an opk as well as temp charting. According to what I've read, it can happen before, during, or after ovulation, and it can be on one side or both sides. You just never know until you chart it! But in your case I would start bd-ing now, esp. if your temp hasn't come up yet!

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#4 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 12:37 PM

for me o-pain always meant right now. I was charting at the time, o-pain would last an hour or 3 and the next day I'd have my rise.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#5 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I am excited to be nearly starting my 2WW!!!
#6 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 04:02 PM

Hiiiiii Nina ... I just got the start of my LH surge and will be ovulating tomo or day after. I also have EWCM and will start BDing from today , no cut offs for a girl this time, we will be BDing till I confirm the ovulation with temp spike. Are you doing any cut off for this month? I secretly hope you ovulate tomo or day after so that we can be cycle buddies this time too
#7 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thenu!!!!!!
It made me smile when I saw that you had posted! Why am I excited that I am ovulating??? I need to get a life, lol!
I am so glad you and DH have decided to go for it, it's exciting! We did cut off this month....but I am not sure how many more cycles we will stick with it, not sure we have the patience!
I am expecting to ovulate tomorrow, so we will wait to see what the morning brings with my temp. I would love it if we were cycle buddies again!!!
And I stocked up on lots of tests... 20p each!!! They are just little strips of paper... hope they work ok! Hehe! (they should do, the supplier said they supply our National health Service!)
I am excited for our 2WW to start, though I am sure it will be killing me by the end!
Sending you lots and lots of baby dust your way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page