Positive OPK 4 days in a row? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2009, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you...I don't want to freak myself out. If it's positive I want to be happy and not have that in the back of my mind. If it is positive I will be calling my OB tomorrow though as this is a lot different form the last time I was pregnant. That was ten years ago.

About 45min to go...

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter30 View Post
Thank you...I don't want to freak myself out. If it's positive I want to be happy and not have that in the back of my mind. If it is positive I will be calling my OB tomorrow though as this is a lot different form the last time I was pregnant. That was ten years ago.

About 45min to go...
It's no problem... i thought of another way to put it too, a sad but true story and i sort of wanted to share...

my little sister is a cheerleader and one of her team mates fell during a stunt and hurt herself... they took her to the hospital and during her testing found out she has leukemia. This relates because the falling was not because she had leukemia but it's what caused them to find it.

bleeding (especially a little, like you said you have) is relatively common during early pregnancy... and by relatively i mean more common than ectopic pregnancies but much less common than morning sickness. Likely, if you are pregnant, you are perfectly fine so do not worry until the doctor (or any symptom) gives you need to worry.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Mamas,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the awesome replies.

I went to see a friend today at our local pg center. She reconfirmed a BFP. But we are confused with the cycle. The last 'period' seemed way too heavy to be implantation and she thought it could be a molar or ectopic pg or a blighted ovum. I have booked an appt with my Dr tomorrow. I dunno, after everything recently it just seems wonky and not right.

MaerynPearl thanks so much for taking an objective look at my chart

My period starting Feb 12 was actually miscarriage bleeding as I was miscarrying. My LP has been very very short ( 4-6 days) so the bleeding on the March 21 I just assumed was my period yet again early and it was pretty heavy.

"(hadn't you noticed, btw, that your temp hadn't dropped below 97.6? Whereas pre-ovulation it would drop that far every few days...) "

I see that now - no I hadn't nocticed as I thought my temps should be much higher and not drop at all.

I dunno, I get a weird feeling about this...it's hard to be excited right now. Ugh, this is horrible.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum View Post
I went to see a friend today at our local pg center. She reconfirmed a BFP. But we are confused with the cycle. The last 'period' seemed way too heavy to be implantation and she thought it could be a molar or ectopic pg or a blighted ovum. I have booked an appt with my Dr tomorrow. I dunno, after everything recently it just seems wonky and not right.
I dunno, I get a weird feeling about this...it's hard to be excited right now. Ugh, this is horrible.
A little ray of sunshine though: even heavy bleeding can lead to a healthy baby.

I've had a blighted ovum myself, carried it 13 weeks (7 weeks past when it stopped developing) before i started to miscarry and find out

by then in my heart it was already my baby boy...

I hope for your sake that it is perfectly healthy, but if not... at least it's early on and you don't have months of getting your hopes up to get crushed.

: tons of luck tomorrow and definitely let us know what turns up.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:42 AM

Grahnola Mum
I am so sorry. I hope that they find everything to be ok. I may be sitting in the same boat with you and I will hopefully know in about 1/2 an hour. I'm glad you went to see someone already though. If my second test comes back positive I will totally be talking to someone tomorrow. I have been holding my urine now for almost 4 hours and I am tired so everything is starting to bother me. I can't wait to POAS.

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:44 AM

if you hadn't noticed, skeeter, i'm staying up for your results!

I can't TTC until may and thats only if everything works out right, otherwise i wont be able to again until march of next year (seriously no sex since november, 2 weeks of sex and then none until march of next year... it SUCKS to be in love with a marine... but i wouldn't trade him for the world)

so i live vicariously through yall.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
if you hadn't noticed, skeeter, i'm staying up for your results!

I can't TTC until may and thats only if everything works out right, otherwise i wont be able to again until march of next year (seriously no sex since november, 2 weeks of sex and then none until march of next year... it SUCKS to be in love with a marine... but i wouldn't trade him for the world)

so i live vicariously through yall.
Thank you ...It's almost time!! about 15 more min..

Old 04-07-2009, 12:57 AM

hurry! lol i'm about ready to pee myself from excitement!

just kidding but no really ugh 15 minutes hurry up! lol

Old 04-07-2009, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Aw, Ladies, thank you so much I am so gald you are here

MP that sucks you have to time things like that and I am so sorry to hear you had a blighted ovum. Absolutely agree if it;s not good news, better to know early on for sure.

Skeeter : why do you have to wait like this?

Old 04-07-2009, 01:26 AM

Ok took the test BFN!! Thank God. I think the other was just a fluke or something. If i were pregnant and that far along, the line would have shown up again especially after holding my urine for 4 hours. I am happy though...i don't want to have to worry about problems. This is only my second month TTC. So now I can just go to bed and hope my temp rises b/c I am waiting for my rise to show that I O'd from all these darn OPK's. Oh by the way I took another one of those too. Just to check. I think the my LH is going down too b/c it doesn't look as positive as it did before. I just want to say thank you for waiting up with me!!! You are great!! BTW I checked out your pics and your children are beautiful and so are you!!! You have pretty blue eyes!

Old 04-07-2009, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Skeeter - well I am happy that you are happy with the result and your mind is at rest. Once the opk gets faint it wil get to neg in no time and then you can watch for a temp rise...... goodluck and keep us posted for sure!

MP I agree with Skeeter - you are one beautiful family

Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 AM

Thank you both

I cant wait to have children with dbf... in my heart i have such a strong feeling he will give me my little blonde boy i always wanted... i'm a brunette and dd/ds's father was a brunette as well so there as no chance of it with them, but dbf is blonde as is my mother and two of my siblings

And he wants a boy so bad!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:23 AM

Got another very dark OPK this morning...I am so confused right now!

Old 04-07-2009, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

I was under the impression that you shouldn't use FMU for an OPK because LH is naturally higher at that time and gives a false rsult - test again tonight!

Old 04-07-2009, 03:48 PM

I thought you shouldn't use it b/c the hormone needs time to metabolize in your system so you may not get a positive??? I'm not sure??? I will check the instructions and get back to you!

Old 04-07-2009, 04:20 PM

This is quoted from peeonastick.com:

Should I use first morning urine (FMU) with OPK's?
No. LH is synthesized early in the day, and is not metabolized into your urine until later. So, as a rule, you are more likely to catch your surge later in the day. ("They" say you should test sometime around 2-4 p.m., but I've had fine luck at 10 p.m.-midnight.) Using FMU may not be a problem for you, but if you do not detect a surge during the cycle you use FMU, try testing later during the next cycle.
Note: the Clearblue Fertility Monitor is the exception. The FM Monitor does require FMU.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:32 PM

I had a positive opk on days 10, 11, 12, and then i didnt test on 12 and 14, but my CM was still fertile like so i took an opk on day 15 and it was still positive! today is day 16, and...still positive. the test line is waaaaay darker than the control line as well. I also still haven't had a thermal shift. I took clomid on days 3-7. the tests coming out positive like that is just really confusing me. I have 3 boys, so I know I can have babies--I just haven't been ovulating lately (according to blood tests done by OB). Any advice of common experiences would be wonderfully appreciated.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:30 PM

Hi I got  "mostly" positive OPK on Friday and a SUPER positive OPK on SAT which was the SAME day as my thermal shift (had been 97.7 and on SAT went up to 98.59)  I've had positive OPK's for the last  3-4 days (if you count Friday)  PLUS my temp has been over 98 for the last three days.  Thermal Shift and positive OPK's tell me I already O'd but when will the OPK's start registering negative??

User Tag List