Positive OPK 4 days in a row? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 04-05-2009, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I am now on day four of a VERY positive opk (it could even be day five as I didn't test when I first noticed ewcm). This is very unusual for me. The last three cycles I have also had very strong ovulation pain on my left side but this time nothing at all.

This is my second cycle since a m/c in Feb. I am still nursing but recently almost nightweaned DD ( longest stretch without nursing 8 hours).

Here is my chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d4c1

What could cause a four day +ve opk?

We BD on day 1 and 2 of the positive opk but do you think we need to again?

TIA!

#2 of 48 Old 04-05-2009, 11:59 PM

Keep BDing! You can have up to a week of positive OPKs before you O!!! Good luck!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#3 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Lauren 31, Oh wow, a week? I had no idea. Guess I'll have o break the news to DH!

#4 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 AM

I had like 5 or 6 days a couple of months ago. I think the answer to me was that it might have been a bad pack of tests or that the brand was overly sensitive. BUT, I am now 9 weeks pg, so I'd just advise to keep bd'ing!
#5 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 12:22 AM

I have had anywhere from 3-7 days of positive OPKS. Keep BDing until yout temp rise! I got my BFP on the cycle where I had 7 positive OPKs and I still had positive AFTER ovulation.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#6 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Ladies! I had no idea you could have so many in a row. DH has just informed me that he is too tired to BD tonight even though he had yesterday off...:

ETA traded BD for the car for work tomorrow...sheesh!

#7 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 AM

I am currently having the same situation. I have had 3 positive OPK's with 2 different brand tests so I am pretty sure it is not an irregular batch of tests. I am soooo nervous though as my CM was EWCM for the past three days and is now creamy cm but, I didn't have a temp rise Should I be concerned yet??? Should I BD again tonight??? When should my temp rise???

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#8 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Skeeter,

I have no answers to your questions sorry! Is your opk still positive?

I have no clue about this - it's very unusual for me. I am now on day 5 of positive opk's, and ewcm, a little temp rise but nothing to give me crosshairs yet so who knows?

I'm taking the advice of other ladies here and going to BD every other day until my opk's turn neg if Dh will oblige

Hang in there - as people have mentioned here we could have a whole week of +ve's!

#9 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum View Post
Hey Skeeter,

I have no answers to your questions sorry! Is your opk still positive?

I have no clue about this - it's very unusual for me. I am now on day 5 of positive opk's, and ewcm, a little temp rise but nothing to give me crosshairs yet so who knows?

I'm taking the advice of other ladies here and going to BD every other day until my opk's turn neg if Dh will oblige

Hang in there - as people have mentioned here we could have a whole week of +ve's!
Thanks for the encouragement!! Yes my OPK was still positive this morning. But I think my CM has dried up. This is where all the questioning and nervousness comes from. W/O a rise on my chart, meaning no O yet but I've heard it takes some people A few days for it to show. I am just going to have to wait and see. I HATE WAITING AND SEEING!!! My DH has been great though...first of all he is willing and able at any time and he is very sweet and kind. He helps to put my mind at ease and tries to help me relax. i just hope I O'd! Let us know what happens with you and I will keep you updated too!

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#10 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

My temp ususally takes a few days to rise after a *neg* opk so I think you are still good! Good luck!

PS I hate waiting too

#11 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 04:36 PM

hey all, i dont mean to high jack this thread but since we are on the subject of OPKs, I get ewcm before I get pos opks. Ive been BD after I get a positive and 5 months later Im still not prego. I tried asking about this before but no one responded really.... so BD with ewcm or pos opk?

BFPChart2.gif

#12 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM

BD with both EWCM and Pos OPK.

Also with so many strong OPK's maybe you shoud take a pregnancy test. I know of a couple of people who were pregnant even though they had a period and thought thety started a new cycle. after 4 opk's they took a preg test and it was pos. One of you could be lucky like that.

DS 4/11

#13 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicpapayamama View Post
hey all, i dont mean to high jack this thread but since we are on the subject of OPKs, I get ewcm before I get pos opks. Ive been BD after I get a positive and 5 months later Im still not prego. I tried asking about this before but no one responded really.... so BD with ewcm or pos opk?
Hey organicpapayamama - no worries about highjacking I should probably chnage the title to opk's to get more input from more ladies who can answer all our opk questions but I don;t know how!!

Hmmm, Well I know the first +ve opk means that you are likely to O within 12-36hours usually. But i also know that you can have ewcm and positive opk's and not ovulate...the egg doesn;t get out of the start gate so to speak. OPK's only indicate a LH surge and doesn't indicate the actual egg release. This is only confirmed ( I think) with a temp rise...do you chart? Does your temp rise after getting +ve opk's?? If you get ewcm, positive opk AND thermal shift then you have ovulated and providing you BD at the right time it should increase your chances. Of course there can also be problems after that. It's hard to tell. Not saying you have a problem, just trying to help you figure it out

#14 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post
BD with both EWCM and Pos OPK.

Also with so many strong OPK's maybe you shoud take a pregnancy test. I know of a couple of people who were pregnant even though they had a period and thought thety started a new cycle. after 4 opk's they took a preg test and it was pos. One of you could be lucky like that.
OMG ...really? off to pee on a stick...

Can you look at my charts? If it is a BFP, when was my O date and why did I not see a thermal shift...when did I get pg if it is a BFP?
THANK YOU!

#15 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Whoa! I'm in total and utter shock.....I got a BFP.

When did I ovulate? When did I get pg?

Whoa!

#16 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 05:07 PM

I'd say that should have been obvious by your (seemingly) shorter than normal "period" and you got pg right around march 14th...

i could be wrong. your doctor will be better able to tell you.

in any case, congrats a million!

(hadn't you noticed, btw, that your temp hadn't dropped below 97.6? Whereas pre-ovulation it would drop that far every few days...)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#17 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 05:11 PM

Look at the cycle before your period when you started bleeding your temp never went below the cover line and it has not at all this cycle, so you could have gotten preg last cycle and bleed anyway. With the ambiguity of when you concieved an US might help you better figure out when you concieved.

Congratulations.

DS 4/11

#18 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:

Whoa!
CONGRATS!!!!! thats awesome!

BFPChart2.gif

#19 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Hey organicpapayamama - no worries about highjacking I should probably chnage the title to opk's to get more input from more ladies who can answer all our opk questions but I don;t know how!!

Hmmm, Well I know the first +ve opk means that you are likely to O within 12-36hours usually. But i also know that you can have ewcm and positive opk's and not ovulate...the egg doesn;t get out of the start gate so to speak. OPK's only indicate a LH surge and doesn't indicate the actual egg release. This is only confirmed ( I think) with a temp rise...do you chart? Does your temp rise after getting +ve opk's?? If you get ewcm, positive opk AND thermal shift then you have ovulated and providing you BD at the right time it should increase your chances. Of course there can also be problems after that. It's hard to tell. Not saying you have a problem, just trying to help you figure it out
thats what I read too no the directions that Ovulation will havppen 12-36 hours from my pos opk test but I get pos 3 days in a row and obviously that doesnt match the 12-36 hour time frame. my ewcm comes maybe about 4 or 5 days prior to my positive! im super dry each time opk is pos..... I have just started temping so no real data yet. I kinda have ewcm today.... not really ewcm more like creamy with a touch of ewcm. Im not sure but I think I feel slight O pain.... but likely to feel it more tomorrow I think. Im doing AI so Its all about timing for me.... oy.
granolamommie likes this.

BFPChart2.gif

#20 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:

Whoa!
Hey Awesome Crap here!!!::: Can't believe you got a BFP!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I would love to see your charts...any way you could post them? ( I am so stupid...they are right in your first post..LOL) I wish I charted last month b/c my temps are pretty high too but, I wouldn't have known if they were above a cover line b/c I didn't chart and I have never charted so...I don't know what is normal for me.This is only my second month TTC and first month charting. I don't think I am pregnant. I took 2 tests at the end of last cycle and both were BFN. Were you having other symptoms of O too. I think I remember you saying you were. That is weird huh??? Did you feel like you had any pregnancy symptoms??? I have not and now I am questioning...hmmm...I couldn't be that lucky though. I am going tto wait til tomorrow and see if my temp goes up. I will also check the OPK too. When you were taking the OPK's, were they always positive or did they start out negative??? Sorry for asking so much. I am just so curious now!!!
Anyway, I am so happy for you...This is amazing!!

#21 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter30 View Post
Hey Awesome Crap here!!!::: Can't believe you got a BFP!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I would love to see your charts...any way you could post them? ( I am so stupid...they are right in your first post..LOL) I wish I charted last month b/c my temps are pretty high too but, I wouldn't have known if they were above a cover line b/c I didn't chart and I have never charted so...I don't know what is normal for me.This is only my second month TTC and first month charting. I don't think I am pregnant. I took 2 tests at the end of last cycle and both were BFN. Were you having other symptoms of O too. I think I remember you saying you were. That is weird huh??? Did you feel like you had any pregnancy symptoms??? I have not and now I am questioning...hmmm...I couldn't be that lucky though. I am going tto wait til tomorrow and see if my temp goes up. I will also check the OPK too. When you were taking the OPK's, were they always positive or did they start out negative??? Sorry for asking so much. I am just so curious now!!!
Anyway, I am so happy for you...This is amazing!!
she posted them in the initial post

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Here is my chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d4c1

it seems very obvious to me that it happened on 3/14

(btw if that date is correct, Granola, your due date will be December 6th)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#22 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 07:53 PM

ok so weird...my chart looks a bit like yours...check it out. I am kicking myself right now but, I didn't know about charting. My AF was pretty light too...now I am really wondering and I don't have a test in the house and I swear i am having all symptoms of Oing and not too many of pregnancy. Tender breasts, gas...that is about it. I was pregnant before and I knew I was pregnant before I even took a test.....ahhh what do I do???

#23 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
ok so weird...my chart looks a bit like yours...check it out. I am kicking myself right now but, I didn't know about charting. My AF was pretty light too...now I am really wondering and I don't have a test in the house and I swear i am having all symptoms of Oing and not too many of pregnancy. Tender breasts, gas...that is about it. I was pregnant before and I knew I was pregnant before I even took a test.....ahhh what do I do???
is this the only month you have? i'm sorry i dont know how to use fertility friend very well to see if you have others to compare it to.

#24 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 08:48 PM

yes this is the only chart I have. I didn't chart last month. This is my first chart. I got 2 tests. I am holding some urine and going to test in about 4 hours. B/C I took the first one both DH and I could see a line so faint but, I am not sure what it was. I tried to take the test apart...that didn't help...I will keep yah posted as soon as I know!!

#25 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
yes this is the only chart I have. I didn't chart last month. This is my first chart. I got 2 tests. I am holding some urine and going to test in about 4 hours. B/C I took the first one both DH and I could see a line so faint but, I am not sure what it was. I tried to take the test apart...that didn't help...I will keep yah posted as soon as I know!!
can you take a pic of the first test?

#26 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 10:34 PM

I can't take a pic right now...I left my camera at my parents house. It has been two hours since I took the test...It is darker now...I am sure there is a line and Dh is sure too. I just don't want to excite myself. I would have ovulated around March 11th. I would think that if I was actually pregnant it would be a lot darker than that. Maybe it's an evap line or something. It's a walgreens test so...it says it is comparable to First response.The line is super thin. The top of the line looks darker than the bottom. I am dying right now. The wait is totally killing me. I just hope I am not making something out of nothing and I did not want to look too hasty but, after reading her story, I just couldn't help myself, if yah know what I mean? It just seems so similar to what is going on with me except it looks like her supposed AF was heavier than mine. I had a lot of spotting with one day of heavier bleeding. i just keep looking at this thing in disbelief b/c I do not feel pregnant and I didn't even expect to see the faintest line. When it showed we were both like, " I see it. Do you see it?" Like I said I will post now in about an hour and 45 min.

#27 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 10:36 PM

i'll check in the morning then... good luck! :

#28 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 10:52 PM

Definitely get an ultrasound... I don't want to scare you but a friend of mine had this exact thing happen to her and it turned out to be an ectopic. Either way, that'll be the best way to find out how far along you are. Of course it could very well be a healthy uterine pregnancy, though! Congratulations!
#29 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Definitely get an ultrasound... I don't want to scare you but a friend of mine had this exact thing happen to her and it turned out to be an ectopic. Either way, that'll be the best way to find out how far along you are. Of course it could very well be a healthy uterine pregnancy, though! Congratulations!
oh gosh!!now I am scared! Does that mean that Grahnola Mum should be checking into this too?? I just have to get through this next hour b/c now I am even more nervous than I was I am not having any weird symptoms or pain??? I pray that is not it!

#30 of 48 Old 04-06-2009, 11:18 PM

thats not likely what's going on and is just as possible with what you're going through as it would be with a normal pregnancy. these aren't symptoms of ectopic pregnancy... her friend just happened to have the bleeding too as can happen in any pregnancy, healthy or otherwise.

in other words, to hopefully clarify better:

Situation caused Test which found Complication.
Situation was not a byproduct of Complication.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page