Going crazy with a BFP but very wonky chart, need opinions opinions plz! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 04-06-2009, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Mamas,

I'm kinda cross-posting - probably not good forum etiquette but I really need some opinions and the more the better.

I recently m/c on Feb 12 and ovulated on the 31st. 7 days later I got waht I thought was my period. I have been battling a very short LP so I just assumed it was my period yet again early and it was fairly heavy for me. I recently took opk's around the days I expected to ovulate again and they were all positive so I took a hpt and got a BFP. BUT, my cycle is wonly and my temps are all over the place and I am so worried that something is wrong.

Unlike my other m/c the BFP is REALLY, REALLY dark.

I went to see a friend today at our local pg center. She reconfirmed a BFP. But we are confused with the cycle. The last 'period' seemed way too heavy to be implantation and she thought it could be a molar or ectopic pg or a blighted ovum or a m/c.

I have booked an appt with my Dr tomorrow. I dunno, after everything recently it just seems wonky and not right. I will ask for an u/s for sure.

I'd be so grateful if you could take an objective look at my chart . The first one is this months - the one below it is last months ( starting at the first day of m/c bleeding). http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d4c1

I dunno, I get a weird feeling about this...it's hard to be excited right now. I feel sick to my stomach.

What do you think? Shoudl I be so worried?

#2 of 35 Old 04-06-2009, 11:53 PM

How far along were you before the miscarriage? was it an early one?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Hi (again ) MP - I was 7 weeks with this m/c and when I had a m/c before DD I was 10 weeks.

What I did notice both times was my bfp wasn't so big and fat more very faint and got fainter, not like this one is at all but who knows.

#4 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 12:13 AM

Well then thats not far enough along to warrant the "could you still get a bfp from a recent miscarriage" because your body wouldn't have the hormones anymore by now. Just ruling that one out.

I wish you the best and hope it all turns out to be nothing but one stressful night and 9 lovely months.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Aw, thank you so much mama - I think you are saving what's left of my sanity right now .

Hmm but the bleeding this month could have been m/c bleeding ) ie m/c on march 21) and the tests showing the hormones but I wouldn;t bleed like that after only 7 days of being pg would I ?Plus that's usually not enough time to even register the hcg......

#6 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 AM

no it wouldn't be like that if it were that soon. There's all sorts of scenarios, both good and bad, that this could be.

You weren't completely cleaned out from the miscarriage so that was your body finishing it now that it's pregnant again (such as a clot near the cervix, your body would have to bleed more to force it out), the aforementioned not-so-great ones, miscarrying a baby but keeping it's twin (fraternal, very possible, especially after a miscarriage), just how your body is (yes, even bleeding that heavy can happen when pregnant)

For now... you need to just take a really deep breath and remember that tomorrow you should know what's going on.

#7 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks MP, you are right. I think I'll go and do some yoga and check on DD sound asleep -that usually grounds me). I'm not sure the hospital will be able to fit me in for an u/s unless the Dr classes it as an emergency tomorrow so I may have to wait until Wednesday ( out here you have to see the Dr and then get a referral for an u/s)....if so, I really do need to take some deep breaths as I can't keep this level of stress up for three days straight ...thanks for that reminder Mama.

PS so gettting pg the cycle after a m/c increases the likelihood of frat twins? Hmmm I didn't know that...now that would be cool

#8 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 AM

bump... just want the poster of this thread to get all the help she can!

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#9 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 01:28 PM

todays temp is still nice and high... good sign

I wish you much luck today!

#10 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

AW, MP, thanks so much for checking my chart

My Drs appt is in 5 hours from now....then if he wants to do anu/s that will prob be wed or thurs.

Could they tell much on an u/s at 5 weeks pg?

Thinking back to DD I was bleeding with her at exactly this time and at 5 weeks they detected a heartbeat but said it was unusual that early. DD also had a due date of Dec 5 and I was in the hopsital for an u/s over the Easter period too...this is SO weird.

Anyway,I am tryign not to stress. I almost called to cancel the appt and just let my body do what it is going to do one way or the other...you know kind of leave it up to fate, but DH thinks I should get it checked out.

#11 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum View Post
AW, MP, thanks so much for checking my chart

My Drs appt is in 5 hours from now....then if he wants to do anu/s that will prob be wed or thurs.

Could they tell much on an u/s at 5 weeks pg?

Thinking back to DD I was bleeding with her at exactly this time and at 5 weeks they detected a heartbeat but said it was unusual that early. DD also had a due date of Dec 5 and I was in the hopsital for an u/s over the Easter period too...this is SO weird.

Anyway,I am tryign not to stress. I almost called to cancel the appt and just let my body do what it is going to do one way or the other...you know kind of leave it up to fate, but DH thinks I should get it checked out.
i think it's a good idea to get it checked out as well. a u/s this early will at least be able to confirm how far along you are. good luck! can't wait to hear an update from you.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#12 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 02:31 PM

I can't wait for an update either!!! Good luck!!

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#13 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter30 View Post
I can't wait for an update either!!! Good luck!!
:

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#14 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Aw, thanks everyone!

#15 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 02:59 PM

You know, I saw your thread yesterday about the positive OPKs and I was gonna say "Are you sure that you aren't pregnant?" Best wishes OP!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#16 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 03:06 PM

at five weeks they can tell:

1. whether or not its ectopic
2. whether or not it's developing (blighted ovum/molar/miscarriage or healthy)
3. a much closer due date than you could be given using lmp or later ultra sound (my daughters ultra sound i was 4 weeks along and her due date was 3 days off of when she was born!) as they will give you exact date of conception and go from that rather than lmp
4. there is a chance (especially later this week) to see heartbeat. That's right! Week 5 is actually the week the heart starts beating!

But if you don't see a heartbeat, don't worry... it may be too early in the week to see it yet. They'll be able to tell a LOT from an ultrasound so I'm almost positive your doctor will send you to one (and if they're worried about the bleeding may even make it an "emergency" ultra sound, which is possible but you'll see)

#17 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you nummies and MP.

So they can tell a lot from an u/s already - that's good.

I'll be back later

#18 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 05:03 PM

: for you - keep us posted!

sleepytime.gif
#19 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 05:44 PM

Fingers Crossed! All those OPK's and short amount of time. I would request an U/S. Wishing you lots of luck mama!

LAURA mama to Emory (10/12/09) wife to DH missing & older sis 10/13/69-12/19/07 w/1 : & 3 :
#20 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 PM

so? how did the appointment go??

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#21 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies - first I'm bowled over with all the replies and well wishes - thanks so much that means a lot to me

So....at the doctors - I am definately pg. Nothing out of the ordinary with my cervix either. She looked at my charts and agreed that the ovulation was March 14. But she is concerend about the bleeding since it was heavy and lasted a few days longer than most 'normal' implantation but it's a good sign it has stopped.

I had also been getting sharp pain ( enough to wake me at night) on my left side but only at the time of ovulation. A while back they mentioned that I had a small cyst ( nothing to worry about apparently but my mom had to have one removed...). She thinks it may have ruptured hence the bleeding.

She also mentioned ectopic/tubal pg as a possibility but since I don't have cramping or pain then it's less likely but we can't rule it out.

So, I have an u/s tomorrow afternoon ( British Columbia time) - that's was after her telling them it was urgent too! It's a small town thing I think.

So now I have another long 24 hours

#22 of 35 Old 04-07-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Hi ladies - first I'm bowled over with all the replies and well wishes - thanks so much that means a lot to me

So....at the doctors - I am definately pg. Nothing out of the ordinary with my cervix either. She looked at my charts and agreed that the ovulation was March 14. But she is concerend about the bleeding since it was heavy and lasted a few days longer than most 'normal' implantation but it's a good sign it has stopped.

I had also been getting sharp pain ( enough to wake me at night) on my left side but only at the time of ovulation. A while back they mentioned that I had a small cyst ( nothing to worry about apparently but my mom had to have one removed...). She thinks it may have ruptured hence the bleeding.

She also mentioned ectopic/tubal pg as a possibility but since I don't have cramping or pain then it's less likely but we can't rule it out.

So, I have an u/s tomorrow afternoon ( British Columbia time) - that's was after her telling them it was urgent too! It's a small town thing I think.

So now I have another long 24 hours
Oh yay

I really want to get into the medical field to help women like you, the only problem I see is that it would be so boring going to school and learning things I already know

in any case, very much good luck tomorrow I'm quite sure you have nothing to worry about.

My u/s with DD was also an "emergency" and only got in the next day, but thats because i'm from a very small area and most ultra sounds are scheduled a week or two in advance... my hospital covers around 20 local towns/villages as it's in the only city within driving range for us.

I love the place to death though, I've never had anything but good experiences there, even with the emergency room and that's hard to find!

#23 of 35 Old 04-08-2009, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

MP, I nearly asked you earlier if you were in the medical field because you are a wealth of knowledge and have a great 'bedside manner'. I REALLY think you would ROCK at helping women like this. Ya it sucks to have to jump through hoops but, the world needs more people like you - do it, do it!

Sounds like we live in a similar town! I bet you I get the same techie I had for the ultrasound I had in Feb and I hope so 'cos she was really nice.

DH is happy 'cos he gets off work early too so he can come with me.

Thanks for the wishes MP

#24 of 35 Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 AM

I am so happy to wake up this morning and see that everything is good so far! I will be thinking of you and praying for you today. Good luck!!!

#25 of 35 Old 04-08-2009, 09:50 AM

Adding my support! I'm sure you will get good news today!!

:

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#26 of 35 Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 AM

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#27 of 35 Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 AM

Wishing you a sticky baby and a happy and healthy nine months!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#28 of 35 Old 04-08-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much!

#29 of 35 Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Got back from the u/s - they won't tell me anything : It's their stupid policy that it goes first to the radiologist, then they call my Dr. and that whole crazy process can take...A WEEK!:

I really was hoping it was the nice lady I have had before who tells you but this guy was playing by the rule book. I asked him if he could tell me whetehr it was good or bad news - nada. He just had this stone-faced expression the whole time.: I don't mean to be man-hating but really they just don't understand how emotionally tough it is ( can you tell I am angry?!).

I am guessing that if it was ectopic or something that required immediate atention they would have called my Dr. right away. That's all I have to go on.

I am going to call my Dr in the morning and get on to her although she also warned me that it can take a while and that unless it was an emerg I wouldn't have another scan until 12 weeks.....so I will have to wait it out.

Sorry for the rant but I can't stand this! I feel like moving out of this small town just so I can see an Obgyn who have their own u/s and can give me answers one way or another.

#30 of 35 Old 04-09-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Got back from the u/s - they won't tell me anything : It's their stupid policy that it goes first to the radiologist, then they call my Dr. and that whole crazy process can take...A WEEK!:

I really was hoping it was the nice lady I have had before who tells you but this guy was playing by the rule book. I asked him if he could tell me whetehr it was good or bad news - nada. He just had this stone-faced expression the whole time.: I don't mean to be man-hating but really they just don't understand how emotionally tough it is ( can you tell I am angry?!).

I am guessing that if it was ectopic or something that required immediate atention they would have called my Dr. right away. That's all I have to go on.

I am going to call my Dr in the morning and get on to her although she also warned me that it can take a while and that unless it was an emerg I wouldn't have another scan until 12 weeks.....so I will have to wait it out.

Sorry for the rant but I can't stand this! I feel like moving out of this small town just so I can see an Obgyn who have their own u/s and can give me answers one way or another.
Oh no! That's a really stupid policy. How unfair to make somemone wait so long. : I'm sending you some good vibes that you will hear really soon, like some time tomorrow

jog.gifkid.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page