Join Date: Apr 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AW, MP, thanks so much for checking my chart
My Drs appt is in 5 hours from now....then if he wants to do anu/s that will prob be wed or thurs.
Could they tell much on an u/s at 5 weeks pg?
Thinking back to DD I was bleeding with her at exactly this time and at 5 weeks they detected a heartbeat but said it was unusual that early. DD also had a due date of Dec 5 and I was in the hopsital for an u/s over the Easter period too...this is SO weird.
Anyway,I am tryign not to stress. I almost called to cancel the appt and just let my body do what it is going to do one way or the other...you know kind of leave it up to fate, but DH thinks I should get it checked out.
Hi ladies - first I'm bowled over with all the replies and well wishes - thanks so much that means a lot to me
So....at the doctors - I am definately pg. Nothing out of the ordinary with my cervix either. She looked at my charts and agreed that the ovulation was March 14. But she is concerend about the bleeding since it was heavy and lasted a few days longer than most 'normal' implantation but it's a good sign it has stopped.
I had also been getting sharp pain ( enough to wake me at night) on my left side but only at the time of ovulation. A while back they mentioned that I had a small cyst ( nothing to worry about apparently but my mom had to have one removed...). She thinks it may have ruptured hence the bleeding.
She also mentioned ectopic/tubal pg as a possibility but since I don't have cramping or pain then it's less likely but we can't rule it out.
So, I have an u/s tomorrow afternoon ( British Columbia time) - that's was after her telling them it was urgent too! It's a small town thing I think.
So now I have another long 24 hours
Got back from the u/s - they won't tell me anything : It's their stupid policy that it goes first to the radiologist, then they call my Dr. and that whole crazy process can take...A WEEK!:
I really was hoping it was the nice lady I have had before who tells you but this guy was playing by the rule book. I asked him if he could tell me whetehr it was good or bad news - nada. He just had this stone-faced expression the whole time.: I don't mean to be man-hating but really they just don't understand how emotionally tough it is ( can you tell I am angry?!).
I am guessing that if it was ectopic or something that required immediate atention they would have called my Dr. right away. That's all I have to go on.
I am going to call my Dr in the morning and get on to her although she also warned me that it can take a while and that unless it was an emerg I wouldn't have another scan until 12 weeks.....so I will have to wait it out.
Sorry for the rant but I can't stand this! I feel like moving out of this small town just so I can see an Obgyn who have their own u/s and can give me answers one way or another.
|6 members and 9,575 guests|
|emmy526 , katelove , lhargrave89 , moominmamma , pulcetti , StarsFall|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|