Anyone gotten a BFP with NO symptoms???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has gotten a BFP with no symptoms. I have no symptoms and that seems to be my biggest "symptom" that something's just not the same as usual. I usually get swollen and sore BBs from O to AF. But not this cycle, not even a little bit. So, basically I really don't have PG symtoms (except for a bout of nausea the other night and some vivid dreams) but don't have any AF symptoms either which by now I totally would. AF is due on Thursday so I am hoping she's stays away far far away . I'm just wondering if I should even consider the lack of symptoms a sign or not... Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Have a Happy Monday and Baby Dust to All!!!!

Expecting #1 EDD 2/10/10... Conceived naturally after ttc for over one yr & diagnosed with unexplained infertility... IT'S A BOY!!!
#2 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 01:18 PM

Tons of women do!

I'm not one of them but I know a lot of mamas that never get a symptom until their second trimester when they start feeling kicks!

Hope you're one of those lucky ones!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 01:21 PM

I didn't with this current pregnancy. I still don't have a whole lot of symptoms, and I'm in my 10th week.

, , , and
#4 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 01:54 PM

My only symptom with DS2 was bleeding -- which I thought was my period (I was still fairly recently PP so I didn't have a time to expect it) until it just kept going and going (two weeks). Then the next sign I had that I really was pregnant (I didn't believe the five+ BFPs because I had no symptoms!) was a month later when my milk dried up.With DS1, I also had implantation bleeding, but it didn't start until the day I expected my period anyway.
#5 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 02:55 PM

Very possible. I've been pregnant 4 xs ( 3 kids and 1 m/c). My last pregnancy I had no symptoms what so ever until well into my 2nd trimester. The only reason I even took a HPT was to show my dh that I wasn't pregnant and he could hush. The only thing that changed was a slight increase in creamy CM but other than that I felt great. And I had a very healthy 8lb 10 oz baby boy (that will be a year old May 11th Something my dh told me that kinda helped calm me down about having no symptoms was "Don't worry unless there is a real reason to worry". Enjoy feeling great!

Katana - Full time student : and SAHM to 5 kids
Boy / Girl Twins born 5/5/2010!!!
#6 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM

lil violet...have you taken a test? If you are due for AF on thursday, it's possible to get a positive.

klocke...my dd is 18 on the 11th. THE TIME FLIES.

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

#7 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 03:11 PM

Yes, I took an HPT to prove to DH and ladies in the TTC20s thread that I wasn't PG. Joke's on me. I haven't felt anything. Feel totally normal and just like myself.

Of course I feel incredibly nauseous today, but I think that I'm just really overwhelmed right now.

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

#8 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 03:15 PM

i'm 14 weeks pregnant and other than being tired for while, i haven't had any REAL symptoms. so it's very possible for yoU!!
#9 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 03:17 PM

I didn't have any symptoms to speak of with either of my boys. I only knew because I was actively TTC and always took HPT before AF because I was so impatient! lol Good luck to you!!

Amie 34, DH Jason 34, DS Jacob 5 , DS Joseph 3
#10 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 03:28 PM

WOW! Congrats!

I misunderstood the question. I usually don't feel pregnant, tired or anything till about 8 weeks. And when i start getting sick I am thankful..cause then I finally feel like it's real.

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

#11 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 03:39 PM

With my DS, I had mid-cycle cramping and sore BBs. I just knew I was pg, and I was.

This time--totally different! No early symptoms, and I was so sure AF was coming that I ordered a Diva cup. I'm 14 weeks now, and the only real symptom I've had is that I was really hungry from about 6-8 weeks.

Good luck!!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#12 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 03:42 PM

With my second Ds, I knew I was pregnant a few weeks before the symptoms showed up.

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#13 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Wow!! Thanks for all the replies... Good to know there are some women out there who didn't really have symptoms prior to missed AF!! I haven't tested yet because every month I am "convinced" that I am PG and just wasting money on tests. I even took one last month during Af because I was still so convinced!! So I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't test until at least the day that Af is due... BUT my lack of AF symptoms is really making me wonder...so I am tempted to stop at Dollar Tree and buy some cheapies and test tonight!!!

Expecting #1 EDD 2/10/10... Conceived naturally after ttc for over one yr & diagnosed with unexplained infertility... IT'S A BOY!!!
#14 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 PM

I did, with this current pregnancy. I went "huh, weird, it's been 32 days since AF showed" and took a test. That's the only time I haven't had symptoms (and it's a boy, wheras my other pregnancies were girls).

CPST & mom

#15 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 06:25 PM

The only way I know that I'm pregnant is that I always get a yeast infection at the begining Icky, but it saves on pregnancy tests! :

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#16 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had symptoms with #1, a m/c, and #3, absolutely nothing with #2. I finally took a pg test just to prove that I wasn't pg.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#17 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 08:14 PM

The only early symptom I had with my daughter was mild cramping at 6 days past ovulation. And I didn't connect it to pregnancy at all at the time--we'd been trying for several months and I didn't really think we'd have gotten pregnant that cycle due to timing, and it was only in retrospect that I remembered the cramping, which at the time I'd attributed to tummy upset. Other than that my ONLY symptom was that my period was late. (Until morning sickness hit several weeks later! )

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#18 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Just tested with a Dollar Tree test and BFN!!! A bit disappointed but will try again in the morning with FMU as it is kind of ealry for me still... Keep you posted!!

#19 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilviolet View Post
Just tested with a Dollar Tree test and BFN!!! A bit disappointed but will try again in the morning with FMU as it is kind of ealry for me still... Keep you posted!!
Don't test early without FMU!!! hehe good luck tomorrow!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#20 of 20 Old 04-27-2009, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hahaha! I know the rules about testing early and FMU...I just thought I found loophole by not peeing for 5 hours before testing...Hmmmm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page