negative opks but still ovulate? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just wondering if it is possible to have negative opks but still ovulate? i am on day 17 of a 28-30 day cycle and just wondering what my chances are this month if i have only gotten negatives so far (taken once a day from day 11-13 and then twice a day from day 14 on) i dont get a chance to temp in the morning since i am usually awoken by cosleeping dd while dh has already left. i thought i had (and still have) some ewcm but am not really experienced in that area (no pun intended LOL). also i am still nursing my 13 m.o. about every 3-4 hours even at night, but my ppaf came back months ago so i am assuming i am ovulating. any advice or opinions are much appreciated. =)

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#2 of 5 Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 PM

Without charting, you can't really confirm whether or not you have Oed. I totally hear ya on the co-sleeping and night nursing making accurate temping hard, though!

Anyway, to answer you question - yes. Some women never get a positive OPK but they do, in fact ovulate. Different OPKs have different levels of sensitivity. Also, you may have had a short surge before you started testing twice a day and missed it then... or it may be yet to come.

Ah... the mysteries of the BFing, no PPAF body...I have no idea what is going one with my body at the moment either.

I'd say just DTD whenever you have fertile CM (if possible). That way, if you do O, you'll likely time things right. (Doesn't meant you'll catch the egg, but at least you'll be in the running.)

Good luck!

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#3 of 5 Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM

I O'd last cycle without a +OPK. I did have a nearly +OPK on the right day though, and by nearly positive I mean I could clearly see 2 lines, but it was definitely not as dark as the control.

I got a thermometer just in time to confirm my temps were up (but dropping) so I know I did O

HTH!!

Engaged to my sweetheart, Mammy to two beautiful girls
Eden Jade 18.08.06 & Saffron Jo 13.02.10
#4 of 5 Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 PM

Last cycle, by chance I took an opk 3 hours earlier than my normal time...and got a +
Later that same day, I took one at my normal time...and it was -
It's also possible to have a short surge, and miss it. If I had not tested earlier that day I would never have known.

~Manessa mama to one teenageer, one tweenager, and a toddler

#5 of 5 Old 05-01-2009, 03:07 PM

The one month I didn't get a positive OPK is the one I conceived. Now I get nice shiny positives every month, but can't seem to catch that egg.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page