Nursing Mamas TTC May - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 218 Old 05-06-2009, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicely_m View Post
um... I actually started testing at 3DPO... I just didn't record that one, being ashamed.

Ashamed??? Im ashamed I dont have any dollars to get tests this month to start testing st 3do,lol.
#62 of 218 Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammaof5andcountin View Post
Ashamed??? Im ashamed I dont have any dollars to get tests this month to start testing st 3do,lol.
And this is why I bought 20 ICs for $8 on ebay! :

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#63 of 218 Old 05-07-2009, 10:26 AM

I'm waiting for my order from earlypregnancytests.com to arrive - OPT strips and IC's to arrive anytime now - hopefully soon, want to start testing for O (gotta pee on something!)...
#64 of 218 Old 05-07-2009, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

15dpo and temp still above cl but bleeding some since yesterday

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#65 of 218 Old 05-07-2009, 12:10 PM

Keeping fingers crossed for you Kami, temps sound v promising, I had bleeding for half a day around the time af was due when I was pregnant with dd, so hoping it's implantation. How are the nerves?!
#66 of 218 Old 05-07-2009, 12:40 PM

Kami - Sounds promising, besides the bleeding, but that could be anything, fingers are crossed!

Cicely - I totally tested yesterday at 5dpo, happens to the best of us!! Oh, BFN by the way.

Melly - Sorry about AF, that really sucks. I hear you about the birth month thing though, if I got pregnant this cycle, my kids would have the same due date. Doesn't sound fun to share, so I am just hoping for a long LP!

AFM, my spotting stopped, it was just a bit of brown/pink early yesterday, so maybe it was implantation? But I hear that doesn't happen to many women, and it has never happened to me so who knows...cramping today.

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
#67 of 218 Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

randomacts~ : when are you going to test?

Runnerbean~ I'm trying to keep + since temps are still above the cl and for now just marked the bleeding as spotting on my chart. my mom had bleeding with my brothershe didn't find out she was pg til like 10wks and same with my sister but she was actually pg with twins but lost one at 12wks which is around when she found out she was pg.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#68 of 218 Old 05-07-2009, 01:34 PM

if I am pregnant this cycle, my due date is on my brother's birthday. I cannot tell you how little my brother and I have in common, or how much we do not get along!

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#69 of 218 Old 05-07-2009, 01:39 PM

Kami - Probably Monday? 10dpo, if my temp is still up! Have you tested recently!?

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
#70 of 218 Old 05-07-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

randomacts~ i'll probably test tomorrow if my temp is still up.

#71 of 218 Old 05-08-2009, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

16dpo temps still above cl this mornings test and still bleeding.

#72 of 218 Old 05-08-2009, 01:40 PM

Kami, oddly I can see the line in all the pics but the inverted one! How much are you bleeding? Spotting or full on? So confusing about the being above the CL and bleeding. :

I feel you though cause I got a temp rise and more spotting. CONFUSED!

#73 of 218 Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM

huh, I cant see anything but the control line, but my moniter is alot older than my brand new comp, and not all that great

Last night I started having the worst armpit and breast pain!!! I feel like someone has beat me with a bat!!!!!!! Which is wierd, I didnt think I would be able to tell Im pregnant by my boobs this time, since I am still nursing, alot...

But, yippy!!! Im so sure now, I know what it means when my boobs feel like this!!! I was going to go this morning tho get some $tree tests, but my homework and the boys lessons lasted a little long I am going to go this afternoon and test with fmu... Wish me luck!!!!!!!
#74 of 218 Old 05-08-2009, 02:08 PM

Can't wait to see your test mamaof5!!

#75 of 218 Old 05-08-2009, 04:02 PM

I am so happy today, AF finally found me!

I knew it was coming - I'm pretty sure I did actually O but we totally missed it. I can't recall exactly why, but we just didn't squeeze bd'ing in right then.

DS2 slept one night for 8hrs straight and I've been able to put off nursing him a few days here and there for 8hr gaps. It's about the longest he or I can make it.

Anyhoo, please put me at [b]waiting to O![/o] here we go, guess I'd better get serious about temping again

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#76 of 218 Old 05-09-2009, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

i think the tests i took were just evaps since a digital this morning said not pregnant, on to another month

#77 of 218 Old 05-09-2009, 12:55 PM

I just want my PPAF to return! I am so frustrated. My nursling is sleeping thru the night and only nursing about 5-6 times in 24 hours and she still has not returned. I have been having wet cervical fluid patches since Dec. but still no O. I have been taking vitex and fertility blend and of course prenatals. i want to begin TTC and it is just so frustraing waiting:

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#78 of 218 Old 05-11-2009, 08:02 AM

Hi, ladies! I would please like to be moved out of the 2WW list....
Yesterday morning, I took a test with an "evap line" that was so strong that I took another (different kind of) test pretty soon later, and got another "evap line." Both of these lines were the appropriate colors for the test, so.... I took another one in the afternoon and it was totally positive!! Super, super faint, but my husband saw it too and immediately smiled and hugged me and said, "oh, no, what have we done??" while kissing me. This morning it's still a faint-'un, but less so, and I am confident enough to post the results.

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#79 of 218 Old 05-11-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomacts View Post
Hi ladies, I was wondering if I could join you??

Surprisingly, with the help of some very useful herbal remedies, my hormones are actually back on track already. y
hi randomacts,

was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what herbs you are taking/took to get back on track? havent' had any ovulation yet (although have been having good mucus and even some bleeding almost a month ago, yay!), and we are desperate to seriously start TTCing again (we wanted to be due a few months from now, not just starting to try! . my acupuncturist and chinese herbalist have me on a formula for regulating menstrual hormones, and i have only been on them for two weeks, but already i feel a bit frustrated. (a) because i am really getting SO impatient now (b) because i was having some slippery mucus days that i expected to lead to stretchy CM in a few more days or so when i started the formula and the formula dried me up right away and (c) because my chinese herbalist (a man!) today was like "well, are you still breastfeeding? because most women's bodies dont' really get back into the groove until they stop breastfeeding." and when i said "well that is why i am having acupuncture and taking herbs, because my son is not ready to wean" and then he was all *big sigh* "well, we'll give it a shot". um, yea, so not really feeling all that confident in your formula now buddy.

any help out there?? should i chuck these herbs and get on vitex? anyone have any good success stories for me with other herbal formuals??

am trying not to get all frustrated, but it's been almost a year now that we've been wanting to try and haven't been able to. and i dont' WANT to wean. and i'm not sure how successful doing the 24 hours without breastfeeding would go for us. he still BF's for nap and bedtime. i think he would be quite the mess (and so would his papa).

okay i'm going to stop rambling, just feeling pretty stressed and needing some friendly/hopeful(!!!) advice!!

---oh ps -- jen & james, omg you sound just like us! *HUGS*
#80 of 218 Old 05-11-2009, 12:42 PM

Hi Rollergirl,

I, too, sought help from a Chinese medicine doc to try to get my cycles back on track/TTC. Her reaction was just like your doc's was. Every appt she would ask, "How many times a day is she nursing?" It made me feel kind of embarrassed to always say, "Um, still 3-4x." Like you, the whole point was to she if she could jump start my body without weaning. I had to stop going b/c I was out of town for awhile, and in the meantime, I've been taking vitex for the past three months. I got the tincture 'cause I read it's more effective; I took one dropperful twice/day for the first two cycles, and this cycle I've taken two droppersful twice/day. I'm also taking B6 (100mg) once a day this cycle. I was always a day 21 o-er, but since my first PPAF, I've not been o'ing until CD 30-40 something. Luteal phases have been 9-12 days, until last month, when it was finally 14 days. Suddenly, this month I started getting decent CM on CD 15 -- couldn't believe it. I think I o'ed Saturday, which would be CD 20. DD (18 months) nurses AT LEAST 3-4x/day, and was sick for about a week this month, during which time she nursed pretty much all day long. I suppose it could be just my body finally adjusting, but I really think the vitex is making a difference. (Although my CM still isn't fantastic around O. . . But who knows.) Anyway, that's just my experience. I hope it's helpful to you! How old is your LO?
#81 of 218 Old 05-11-2009, 12:44 PM

Hey mamas!!!

Good luck to everyone in the 2ww!!! :

Thought I would check in. I still haven't O'd after my miscarriage and I'm only CD 31. I know it can take a while to get my cycles back(and even longer considering I have PCOS) but its getting frustrated. I really, really, really want to catch the first egg because I have this superstitious feeling it will stick. You know?

I think I might be getting close though. I'm having decent patches of EWCM and the odd, occasional nipple pain when DD nurses, which, for me, is pretty indicative of impending hormonal shifts and potential ovulation. So I'm hopeful...

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#82 of 218 Old 05-11-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Yesterday morning, I took a test with an "evap line" that was so strong that I took another (different kind of) test pretty soon later, and got another "evap line." Both of these lines were the appropriate colors for the test, so.... I took another one in the afternoon and it was totally positive!! Super, super faint, but my husband saw it too and immediately smiled and hugged me and said, "oh, no, what have we done??" while kissing me. This morning it's still a faint-'un, but less so, and I am confident enough to post the results.
Congrats Cicely_m that's great news, you kind of knew from your symptoms too didn't you? ::

No news from me on CD13 so a good while yet until I O.

Kami any news from you? Did af find you? Are the temps still up? It's so frustrating
#83 of 218 Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 PM

Btw SparklingGemini : you catch that egg!

Rollergirl, I was tempted to take vitex but decided against it in the end. I really think the age of your nursling as more to do with af and O. My af didn't return till dd was 15 months. I had been trying to stretch out feeds during the day then. Since then dd has been sick a few times and despite nursing around the clock and not being interested in solids lately, I am still O'ing and getting af. I think our bodies get into their cycles when they are ready, regardless of what we try to do to help things along. Probably not what you want to hear but just my own experience. How old is your lo?
#84 of 218 Old 05-11-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I don't know how I missed this!!!

YAY!!! Congrats!!!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnerbean View Post
Btw SparklingGemini : you catch that egg!

Thanks Mama!!!!! I need all the luck I can get!

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#85 of 218 Old 05-11-2009, 02:56 PM

well he is 27 months at the end of this week. so i really feel like things have to be pretty close to happening anyway and i am hoping that some herbs might give things a boost. thanks for sharing your experience, meowmama, that gives me hope.

and i hear what you are saying, runnerbean, but i really think it's about time that my body around got to being ready
#86 of 218 Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 PM

I got a faint line yesterday, then AF today. That gives me a nice 9 day LP. Cramps and the whole shebang.

Can you move me to Waiting to O, please? Thank you.
#87 of 218 Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

Hope everyone had a good mother's day

JorgieGirl~ on the faint line then AF showing up.

cicely_m~ Congrats::

Runnerbean~ I think they were just evaps and wishful thinking blah since looked at another cycle where i o'd on the same cd i had a 13day lp also, took a test today just to make sure and blaring --.

SparklingGemini~ Hope you O soon.

#88 of 218 Old 05-12-2009, 12:43 AM

move me to the 2ww, 3dpo, I'm pretty sure I o'd cd9. Will be testing on the 23rd.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#89 of 218 Old 05-12-2009, 07:20 AM

Rollergirl I guess I would prob be trying the vitex at 27 months too, as you said your body is probably nearly there so it might give things a kick start so fingers crossed for you :

JorgieGirl on af showing up

Kami I had a bout of wishful thinking myself yesterday and tested only to get bfn so, I definitely had a v early and short af last cycle. Onwards to the next round - : it happens soon!
#90 of 218 Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

Runnerbean~ on the bfn you had yesterday hopefully you'll get a bfp this cycle.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page