Cervical Mucus in Early Pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2009, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering if there was any predictable pattern for changes in cervical mucus following conception or implantation? I am hoping to be very early in pregnancy and was wondering if there is a difference in CM if you are pregnant and if you are not. Anyone know?
Thanks!

Stay At Home Mama to Three Sons (11, 9, and 8.)  Many, many miscarriages in the past 8 years.  chicken3.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2009, 03:45 PM

Nope. Any changes are caused by non-pregnancy hormones (estrogen)

The only way to know for sure before missing your period is to get an early positive pregnancy test.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:29 PM

I have noticed in ladies BFP testimonials (my favorite source for these at: http://www.twoweekwait.com/web/) that their CM sticks around, so I was wondering the same thing and found this info.

What is a typical cervical fluid pattern?

Cervical fluid is produced by your cervix as you approach ovulation due to increased estrogen. It flows from the cervix into the vagina where it can easily be observed. Your cervical fluid changes throughout your cycle, increasing in quantity and becoming more clear and stretchy as you get closer to ovulation.

In the most common pattern, cervical fluid starts out dry after your period and then gets sticky, then creamy, then wet and watery, becoming most like eggwhite as you get closer to ovulation. Usually it dries up quickly after ovulation. You may get different types of cervical fluid on the same day. Always record your most fertile cervical fluid to make sure that you do not miss a potentially fertile day.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/...-pattern-.html

What is cervical fluid like during early pregnancy? Can I tell if I am pregnant by observing my cervical fluid?

Observing your cervical fluid after ovulation will not provide any clues about whether or not you could be pregnant. Whether or not you are pregnant, cervical fluid tends to exhibit non-fertile characteristics in the two weeks after ovulation.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/...pregnancy.html

I hope that helps and good luck!

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)

User Tag List