** TTC 6+ Months ~ JUNE & JULY! ** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Welcome to the June & now July Too Thread Ladies! :

I know there are many on here that have been trying longer than 6 months, and we don't want to step on anyone's toes. You ladies that have been trying 12+ months are an inspiration for all of us... we wish you ALL the best.

Still, TTC 6+ months brings a whole new feeling to a person's TTC journey, and it would be nice if we could share some of those feelings here.

: We had BFPs in May and June!!!! :
Stick little beans, stick... stick... stick...

Lauren 31 - after 15 months - due 02/08/10
Valid28 - after 9 months - due 02/04/10
Mrs_Lurker - after 14 months - due 2/14/10

Other PG Ladies:
(check in with us if you can Ladies!)

minsca - after 6 months - due 11/09/09
KaliShanti - after 9 months - due 11/18/09

Roll Call:

LZP - Liz, DH "R", the love of my life since 2001, married 2007, TTC since 6/08, m/c 3/09.

Court - TTC #3 (dh's #1) since 08/08, Madly in love with dh and my boys and raising our family in the Pacific Northwest. Tried 2 iui's, decided to try naturally, against all odds, with male factor for awhile, until moving onto IVF in the distant future.

kparker - Waiting to be Ready. TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, now on a "pause". After job and insurance issues are resolved, hoping to move onto very successful IUI or IVF cycles next year.

jillc512 - I'm a wife and mama to a 5yo DS and 3yo DD. We have been TTC #3 since 9/08, m/c 7/09. I'm a doula and midwife's assistant, which means I'm surrounded by pregnant women ALL THE TIME.

GrapesBunch - TTC since 10/08.

BelovedK - Mama of 2 (14yo DS, 9yo DD). Wife to one incredible man. Residing in Central VA. TTC someone new since November 2008, m/c 7/09. An avid bellydancer, and firedancer, who works part time doing hair.

Danielle13 - TTC #2 since 11/08, m/c 7/09.

rhiandmoi - TTC #1 since 11/08 (short cycles).

Shabbers - TTC#1 (passively) since 7/07.

Beckyh516 - TTC #1 since December 2008. Married to my one and only for 6 years.

witchypants - Priestess of the Goddess and Green Witch since 04/30/1999 - Organic Activist - TTC#1 since December 2008.

MommytoKeegan - TTC #2 since January 2009. DS 16 months.

MaerynPearl - Mommy to DS 6 and DD 4. Currently waiting to TTC our first with DF who is presently serving in Kuwait. 12 months down... 12 more to go!

... And currently trying to be on summer hiatus ...

Tear78 - 30 year old elementary school teacher. Married to hubby since 2006, and living in upstate NY. Love camping, fishing, reading, and working in the yard at our beautiful new tiny little home. TTC #1 since May of 2008 with two heartbreaks along the way. Totally in love with DH!

Lisko15 - Remarried July 2007. TTC #1 together since August 2008. DD 6 and stepDS 11 (thus why we say TTC #3). Part-time WOH secretary/WAH transcriptionist. Taking a much needed break from TTC with so much intent, at least for the summer. Will be lurking!

MrsTC - We miss you, hope all is well. PM one of us if you can!

(Please let me know if anything should be corrected, changed or added... )

Check out last month's thread here

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#2 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

New Thread... New Month... lets hope we all do follow Lauren to the February DDC.

I'd be due 2/21... So many years ago I was due with DD on 2/20. Now that would be neat.

Speaking of DD, she desires some computer time before school.

Hugs to ALL!!!!

#3 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 08:26 AM

FF moved my O date BACK to cd17 (go figure) I got a BFN yesterday though (12dpo) so I guess I am out.

Whatever will be, already is...

#4 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
FF moved my O date BACK to cd17 (go figure) I got a BFN yesterday though (12dpo) so I guess I am out.
not necessarily. I have heard PLENTY of anecdotal evidence of women having BFNs up to 14dpo! :

Lisko- :

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#5 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oops, I posted this on the old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
Also- can I PLEASE make a request... I want you ladies in this Feb DDC with me... please?????
OK!

Oh, and you naughty girl, you temped today!! Now that you have that nice high temp to look at, STOP IT!!

Plus, I'm home sick from school! blaaaahhhhhh. What terrors are my students running in my absence I wonder? My fever may have broken today, although I'm still achy and headachy. I'm contemplating calling the doc.

Lisko, it would be so cool if your due date was around the same time! I technically don't think I have any chance of being in the feb DDC. But I can still pretend, if I'm right on the edge.

Beloved, wow, it's getting close! Try to remember that it's your day, and it's supposed to be enjoyable! Do LOTS of delegating, and go get that pampering you wanted.

Court...how's the chilling out doing? You're an inspiration!!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#6 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 11:29 AM

by the way, I have been recently consoling myself with this math:

I've supposedly been TTC for 13 cycles. BUT, here's the thing. The first cycle I KNOW I missed the egg because we started too late. Then for the next three cycles we were dummies and used lotion for lubricant: byebye spermies. That means I can only really count September, October, November. November is when I got pregnant with my CP. Then December is when I got pregnant with my blighted ovum. So you can't count those two months, or January or February cause I was pregnant. That just leaves March, April, and May, during which my body was recovering from the miscarriage. So technically, I've really only been trying six month maximum. And technically I got "pregnant" on my third real try. Right? Right? That makes me feel a whole heck of a lot better. : Like, now my period is back to normal it seems, I may have a real shot at this. Am I delusional?

ps - not to mention that having a baby in March would be, like, PERFECT teacher timing. I have to think of these things, especially while I sit here using up ANOTHER sick day that could be reserved for maternity.

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#7 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 12:19 PM

Oh Tear, you are right I had a March baby, and it is a wonderful time to have a baby, and you are right, perfect timing for your schedule !!!!

I am up to my ears in wedding, and found out today that 20 less than expected are coming, which helps when planning the food. The girl who is doing the food needs more help fro me than I can give without stressing out. I think DF's sisters will help, but I am the coordinator. I guess it all goes along with a wedding.

#8 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 02:12 PM

Oh I am so excited to see some more BFP's!! Congrats Lauren and Valid. I am so bubbling over with excitement for you girls!!
I am still silently stalking all you girls, though with the summer finally here, I'm not on as much as I used to be. Which is probably a good thing.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#9 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
So technically, I've really only been trying six month maximum. And technically I got "pregnant" on my third real try. Right? Right? That makes me feel a whole heck of a lot better. : Like, now my period is back to normal it seems, I may have a real shot at this. Am I delusional?
Nope, you are totally right. I tecnically have been ttc for 18 months and 12 months of that crap was me not ovulating : or getting my cycle whatsoever... Then I charted 5 ovulations and I got one!!! So I am saying you go with what works for you. I think you definitely have a chance!!!
Quote:
Oh, and you naughty girl, you temped today!! Now that you have that nice high temp to look at, STOP IT!!
I know I know. My husand came home from PT this morning and grabbed it away from me cause I always double temp just to make sure the first one was accurate

Beloved-- I wish I could come to your wedding- those 20 people are missing out- you are going to be gorgeous!

Minsca-- Thanks!!! Let's hope this one sticks!!! I have already decided that I am attached to it.

#10 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 02:36 PM

*hoping hoping hoping*

Fairly certain I O'd late Saturday night (Peak readings on CBEFM on Sat & Sun, O cramps about 10-11pm on Sat.) BD'd Sunday 6am, with plenty of PreSeed, let's hope we caught it!!!

FYI - I've got all sorts of things that would cause me to have problems conceiving/carrying - Thyroid issues, missing an eggbasket (even though my doctor says that Righty will do double duty in the absence of Leftie, I still don't quite trust myself to O every month) and age (38) all reduce my chances.

We've gone to the doctor and I've had the initial lab tests taken - DH hasn't yet, because they want a semen analysis and I've been keeping him busy with my O cycle >.> After he does the tests, they'll meet with us and go over plans for the future, see what course of treatment or help the MD's can give us.

*sigh* so much expense, so much worry, for something that I never thought I'd want!
#11 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 03:04 PM

Please add me?

It's actually been over a year since officially TTC but we're taking a year-long break so I'll cut it in half and only make it 6 months.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#12 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Please add me?

It's actually been over a year since officially TTC but we're taking a year-long break so I'll cut it in half and only make it 6 months.
You will LOVE this group of gals

#13 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 07:39 PM

I always get confused when the months change and I lose you guys . So glad I found you again!

And congrats, Valid! : Way to keep the streak going!

Beloved, I don't know if you'll feel this way, but my favorite part of my wedding was when it was OVER!

Shabbers, I'll be hoping with you that you caught that egg. If not, hopefully you'll get some answers soon.

AFM, I think I o'd today. I've had some pain on my right side -- I don't notice it every month, and when I do I can never remember which side I felt it on the month before to see if it's actually O pain. Now it's recorded here so I can find it! BD Fri and Sat, might try again tonight for good measure . Then yippee for another 2ww!

I got to hold a brand new baby yesterday, hopefully some of her baby dust rubbed off on me...

Jill, wife to J, mama to O (10/03), MK (7/05), angel1.gif(7/09), A (5/4/10), and ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-suprise.gif** 

#14 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hi again ladies...

I added you Maeryn... sorry for the delay. I made up a "lil story blurb" for you... please let me know if you want to change it or add to it in anyway.

If anyone else wants a blurb - just let me know!

Jill - Tonight too... just in case! I had what I thought was O pain this cycle too... and figured that was the "right" day. But then I had EWCM for two more days after. I hope the newborn baby dust got you nice and "ready"... A PG friend "blew" some cyber baby dust at me a few days ago. I hope that helps too...

Shabbers - I hope you caught that egg too!

Thanks for stopping by Minsca! We miss you! Did you/will you have an U/S for baby #3????

BelovedK - Sorry about all the wedding worries! Did that in 2007... and I certainly didn't make my own food. That would have seriously stressed me out. We did do a very low-key wedding, being #2 for both of us though. I loved it!!!

Tear78 - Your number crunching makes sense to me! And hey, if it makes you feel better, "odds wise", than that's all that matters. It'll happen for you again soon... I just know it. My Mom always says that once you are PG and have that healthy little baby, all the time spent waiting, never seems quite as long or as painful (she had difficulties conceiving and staying PG).

Sorry you are sick - hope you feel ALL better soon!

AFM - I had EWCM yesterday and today, after I thought I already O'd. Hoping to get a BD in tonight... last night DH was just way too tired after a TON of serious yardwork. That's what I get for not temping, right? A whole lot of uncertainty!

Oh well... off to watch some TV with DD before bedtime.

#15 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 PM

I'm actually TTC #4... #1 was a miscarriage, #2 is 6 and #3 will be 4 next month...

but it's #1 with my DF

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#16 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15;

Thanks for stopping by [B
Minsca[/B]! We miss you! Did you/will you have an U/S for baby #3????
I miss you guys too! I have an ultrasound on June 23rd. I'll definetly stop by and let you guys know how it went. But I heard the heartbeat today!!! 160, so I'm thinking it might be a girl. I'm still a little nervous as I've been getting daily contractions since around 12 weeks, but I'm positive the dr is right and it is just an irritable uterus. : that I make it to 37 weeks though!

BelovedK - I would love to come to your wedding! JK. But I am sure it is going to be just beautiful and lovely!!

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#17 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 10:56 PM

minsca!!!! so good to see you : Hooray for hearing the heartbeat, that must be such a good feeling You wiould be welcome at my wedding (all of you would) the other guests would wonder what BDing was, and they would be shocked at how many of us were openly discussing the 'big O'

I am not obsessing, or finding symptoms where there are none, but I had sharp, stabbing pains on my left side earlier, and I am sooo exhausted that I am going to bed NOW. I am usually a night owl. In reality, I am probably catching up on sleep, and there is only a one time chance that I could even have conceived. I will test in the morning anyways (unless my temp plummets)

#18 of 355 Old 06-01-2009, 10:56 PM

Congratulations Lauren and Valid!!!:::

Today marks our 1 year anniversary of TTC. Fortunatley, I'm not as depressed as I would have been. Tomorrow morning is DH's S/A, and he's grumbling mightily about it , and Friday is my pre-op visit with the Gyn, and I'm going to see if he'll give me a rx for Clomid at that visit to start the following week, and then Tuesday of next week is my lap and tube flushing, so I have stuff to look forward to, YAY!

I would love to follow Lauren and Valid to the Feb DDC, but I'll be just as happy with March, too.

MaerynPearl - Welcome to the group!

Mama to a DD, born 03/30/07, and DS, born 2/3/10, and someone new, due 10/2/121sttri.gif

#19 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 07:42 AM

Morning everyone

My temps are still down, right at coverline. I am definitely out this month, and af is due on the day I start vacation at the beach : I hate that bc my af is usually heavy and it cripples me for at least one of the days I also get it for about 4-5 days which pretty much covers my vacation.

at least I won't have her for my wedding night. I would change my wedding date if that was the case.

#20 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
at least I won't have her for my wedding night. I would change my wedding date if that was the case.
aww, sorry honey. But I'm glad you see a silver lining in it. I did have af on my wedding night : but luckily not the worst day of it. I even did period math, but she decided to change tradition that year. Probably because of the stress.

Mrs_Lurker, sorry about that one year mark! I hit that recently, too. I'm glad you have a plan to look forward to. I hope we both rocket into the March DDC.

minsca, : a heartbeat!! It's so good to hear from you! Please let us know how the ultrasound goes on the 23rd. for you that you are right about your uterus.

Maeryn Welcome, and huge hugs right now! I spent long periods of time away from my now DH when we were dating and he still lived in Germany. I know how hard that is to say goodbye, in fact we don't say it ever anymore. We say "see ya later." It was hard enough for me to be apart from him for months at a time, so my heart goes out to support you right now. How are you doing?

lisko, I hope you got a good BD in before that big O! I think I'm going to follow your lead this month and not temp during the TWW. I will temp to confirm ovulation though, if I can ever trust my temps again after this virus. I think I would go nuts, not knowing if I'd ovulated yet. Here's hoping your body gives you clear signs of O right after a good BD!

Jill, I hope you caught that eggie! mmmm, newborn baby dust. I haven't held a baby in...well...a looooooong time. Maybe that's what I need! awww, babieeeeeeeees. My heart is swelling.

Shabbers, I hope your eggie got through and fertilized! Good luck on the SA! Do they make you abstain before doing that?

Lauren, HOOORAY, YOU DIDN'T TEMP TODAY! How are you feeling, doll? : I'm thinking about you, you preggo.

AFM, staying home sick one more day. I'm feeling mostly better, but darnit, I just wanne sleep now that I can without all the aches and headaches! Is that so wrong? I feel guilty, which is my natural teacher instinct. Work work work!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#21 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Maeryn Welcome, and huge hugs right now! I spent long periods of time away from my now DH when we were dating and he still lived in Germany. I know how hard that is to say goodbye, in fact we don't say it ever anymore. We say "see ya later." It was hard enough for me to be apart from him for months at a time, so my heart goes out to support you right now. How are you doing?
apart from going crazy? I'm fine. Obsessing over my body so I don't go crazy from missing him.

Wtf is this dip in my chart? it can't possibly be O this early! that would give me a 22 day cycle (if unsuccessful) which is completely unheard of for me. then again last month FF told me i had an 8 day lp apart from my usual 12.

#22 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 09:54 AM

mae, I'm not sure about your chart, honestly. I was really suspicious of your light and weird period followed by high temps, but you've been testing since then (I was still lurking you in the One but I had vowed to myself not to post there anymore...only here, personal non-obsessing reasons ). I just noticed that you listed stuffy nose for several days during the last week. Is it possible your high temps were from being sick?

also, I was wondering...do you v-temp, or temp orally? v-temping can be much more accurate. Keep us posted!

Remembering our 3 losses

#23 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 10:00 AM

omg, what if you are Oing MAE!!!???? You would have a chance to catch that eggie!! (also, I second that v-temping). I did it once and that cycle had WAY steadier temps.

#24 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 AM

i kept temping this morning thinking maybe the thermometer was wrong but got within .01 degrees each time...

I'll try vag temping after my next AF...

and I don't think i was sick when i had the stuffy nose, my sinuses are sensitive to change and we were WAY north of where i normally live at the time. the sore throat would be caused by the same.

and i don't think you can really count under 97.7 as a high temp can you? lol... gosh i hate my body right now. at least i have a year to get this all figured out.

#25 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Lauren, HOOORAY, YOU DIDN'T TEMP TODAY! How are you feeling, doll? : I'm thinking about you, you preggo.

AFM, staying home sick one more day. I'm feeling mostly better, but darnit, I just wanne sleep now that I can without all the aches and headaches! Is that so wrong? I feel guilty, which is my natural teacher instinct. Work work work!!!
oh I temped... hehe... I talked to the nurse this morning bc my husband was telling me I had to stop working out (I only go on the elliptical or bike for 45 minutes a day). He said he heard that it causes miscarriage. Of course everything I have read said it's fine especially if you are used to it but I wanted to be sure. I have been taking it down a notch since my BFP, going about 2/3 what my intensity used to be. The nurse said that it is encouraged to continue and to listen to your body, drink plenty of water, and slow down if you need to. She also confirmed that most mcs are chromosonal problems and are usually beyond our control. I think that made me feel better. I would hate to think I caused things!! It's weird I thought it would be hard to stop drinking wine with dinner and coffee in the mornings but it's quite easy. I just did not want to give up the reading time at the gym (I read a novel a week there! hahaha).

#26 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 10:08 AM

oooh also! I talked to the nurse about whether my husband would want to go to my appt on the 10th and she said, of course you can hear the heartbeat!! Well then I thought, ummm I will be 5 weeks, isn't that early? And she realized she had went off my lmp and didn't realize that when I said I knew when I ovulated meant I KNEW KNEW. Like I temped and charted. She said most women say they know when really they don't but bc I have my temps they are going to assume I am correct and if need be re-evaluate later. Thus I have to move my dr appt up one week... I am praying SO hard for a sticky baby. I want this so badly. It's weird how attached I have become already.

#27 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 10:09 AM

basically the only times a miscarriage happens that isn't chromosomes... is due to consuming certain herbs (like peppermint oil... or anything that can cause contractions) especially if you are sensitive to them... or major traumas. I nearly lost my son after a car accident at 18 weeks... but you'd be surprised how sticky a healthy baby can be! The placenta ripped apart from me so badly that after he was born there was still a golf-ball sized clot on it... and I'd been on bedrest for 22 weeks at that point! But he was healthy... perfectly healthy. 7 1/2 pounds, born 4 days after he was due.

#28 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
It's weird how attached I have become already.
totally normal. I walked around talking to my belly and sending love-beams down. And your nurse is right. My MW said the same thing after our m/c, it was nothing we did wrong. She pointed out how everything needs to be just perfect chromosomally and timing-wise, and as long as we listen to our bodies and don't drink alcohol there's pretty much nothing we can do to cause a m/c. I think it's fabulous that you are in great shape, and keeping in shape will only be good for you and your baby, especially during labor!

oh, and I know what you mean about not drinking alcohol and coffee. I didn't miss it. It was so easy not to drink it, because I had such a positive thing to focus on instead. I'm so excited for you, girl!

Remembering our 3 losses

#29 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
totally normal. I walked around talking to my belly and sending love-beams down. And your nurse is right. My MW said the same thing after our m/c, it was nothing we did wrong. She pointed out how everything needs to be just perfect chromosomally and timing-wise, and as long as we listen to our bodies and don't drink alcohol there's pretty much nothing we can do to cause a m/c. I think it's fabulous that you are in great shape, and keeping in shape will only be good for you and your baby, especially during labor!

oh, and I know what you mean about not drinking alcohol and coffee. I didn't miss it. It was so easy not to drink it, because I had such a positive thing to focus on instead. I'm so excited for you, girl!
thanks Tear. I want you to get your little baby... I still am afraid of mc but I guess there is nothing to control about it and as long as I am doing my best that is all I can ask for right? Prayers and good thoughts have been my friend.

#30 of 355 Old 06-02-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
thanks Tear. I want you to get your little baby...
Thanks, hon. Me too. But I guess I am feeling ok with things right now, I mean, I feel positive about this cycle, and I'm looking straight into a beautiful summer vacation, and I have a lot in my life. I'm really trying to relax about it. It's kinda neat to "relive" the beginning wonders of a first pregnancy through you, and to help you trust in it. You are way, way more likely to have a healthy, full term pregnancy than anything else. I think being on forums like this can sometimes sway our experience of that, because we are exposed to so many losses as this is a place to seek support after one. I think reality is, it's possible, but not likely and you should assume the best, honey. That's what I'll try to do when I get another little sprout in me. : Keep believing!

Remembering our 3 losses

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page