Nursing Mamas TTC June - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 230 Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow - lots of good news here!

Kel32 & lisamommyrn: Huge congrats!!! That's wonderful news!:

Randomacts & Socali: I have a great feeling for both of you; the lines were not hard for me to see. Can't wait for updates, but already thinking, "Hooray!"

TopHat: Sorry for the short LP. I know how frustrating that can be.

Rollergirl: Any word on 'o'? Thinking huge positive thoughts for you this month! I know we were gonna be 'o' buddies, but it's taking me my usual while this cycle. Not overly impressed with the Shatavari yet. Might even ditch all the supplements altogether next month. None of them seem to be helping, anyway. You?

AFM: CD 19. First "high" reading on the CBEFM (anyone else use this?). Guessing I'll probably 'o' Wednesday or Thursday. Where has all my good EWCM gone? Seriously, I haven't had good CM since gearing up for my first PP 'o'. (That was in NOVEMBER!!!! Grrr!) Anyone know if this is related to BFing hormones or something?

My dilemma: Should I take progesterone after 'o' this cycle? My LP progesterone runs low, and I ended up on supplements during the 1st trim. with DD. However, I got pregnant with her (and my previous 12 week loss) spontaneously. LPs have been around 12 days the last few cycles. Thinking of taking supps to boost my chances this cycle, but a bit nervous to mess with things too much. Thoughts? Experience doing this while nursing?

Babydust all around, ladies!
#62 of 230 Old 06-08-2009, 08:47 PM

Stacy05 - WAY too early!! Don't worry, I got a negative on 9dpo AND 10dpo last pregnancy and then boom, on 12dpo I got a positive digi test! Some people don't even get a faint line until 14dpo, so it isn't over till you see the witch fly!!

Meowmama - It couldn't hurt to take the prog. supplement and more likely than not, it will help if your levels are low. For EWCM you might try green tea, a few cups a day made a LOT of difference for me. Be sure to take it until you O and then to stop during the TWW though!

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
#63 of 230 Old 06-09-2009, 12:29 AM

Wow! What an exciting thread! I love seeing mommies get exciting news and be excited for each other! Congrats to all who tested positive and I'm thinking of all of you who are hoping this is the cycle right along with me.

Had a doc apt. today to check out a mole - looks benign - and I'm 4 days into my cycle. Hoping to ovulate this time around though there's no telling when. Next week and the week after will be exciting. Put me under waiting to O, please.

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#64 of 230 Old 06-09-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanetteopal View Post
Wow! What an exciting thread! I love seeing mommies get exciting news and be excited for each other! Congrats to all who tested positive and I'm thinking of all of you who are hoping this is the cycle right along with me.

Had a doc apt. today to check out a mole - looks benign - and I'm 4 days into my cycle. Hoping to ovulate this time around though there's no telling when. Next week and the week after will be exciting. Put me under waiting to O, please.
We're on the same day in our cycle. Hopefully this will be a great month for both of us!
#65 of 230 Old 06-09-2009, 08:50 AM

BFN this morning. Disappointed but not down for the count. Waiting to test again until Friday.

SoCali - How you doing?

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
#66 of 230 Old 06-09-2009, 03:41 PM

randomacts, boo BFN! fingerscrossed for friday!!

meowmama, ooh if you O tomorrow or thurs i think you'll beat me this month at least i hope so! just finishing up yi meds here, so haven't been able to track CM at all and temps have been stable with minor variations. am hoping i won't O until this weekend or later! who knew a yi could make me so zen about this whole thing? but it's sort of been nice not worrying about my cycle while i wait since i can't really do anything about it for the moment anyway. am sure that all will change fri morning when i can start checking my mucus again.

as for EWCM.. i feel like i read once that eating lots of carrots can help with that?? also, i have heard using real eggwhites when you DTD at O time can do the trick as well. also what about an internal swipe around your suspected O time? maybe there's just not tons? i feel you 'cause i had NO EWCM first time around. although things seem to be a teense better this time for me.

oh ps -- herbs?? yea i don't know. i've only been only the chinese herbs for a month (just finishing out my formula) and the shatavari for 2-3 weeks (?). not super impressed but hoping i just haven't been on them long enough to see a difference. i am tempted to ditch them too, but at the same time, it makes me feel like i am doing something.. so.. i dunno. *sigh*
#67 of 230 Old 06-10-2009, 08:31 AM

well, am pretty sure i O'd. have to get my next two high temps, but just have a feeling. well, the good news is that it was cd21 this month instead of cd30something last month. so maybe the herbs ARE doing something for me after all, meowmama? just didn't catch it this month. ah well.
#68 of 230 Old 06-10-2009, 10:05 AM

Randomacts: Grr! How frustrating! Keeping everything crossed for Friday for you!!! Thanks for your advice re: progesterone supps and green tea for CM. I think I am going to try the progesterone (too late for the green tea this cycle).

SoCali: Waiting to hear your update, but I have a very good feeling for you!

Rollergirl: I think I either o'd yesterday or am o'ing today. So we are on the same timeline this month after all. How incredibly unfair that a) you had an annoying yi (hate 'em!), and b) your body went and o'd on you during it. Glad that your 'o' is happening earlier in your cycle, though. Were you a late o'er before your baby was born? I forget.

AFM: Only one 'high' day on the CBEFM, then peak yesterday, which means I probably o'd yesterday or today. Not sure why I only got one high day, but we dtd for a few days leading up to it, as I could tell by CM that 'o' was approaching.

Am I the only one who is SO SICK of sex for conception purposes? By last night it was almost slapstick, which was actually better than just drudgery. We at least were cracking up during it! I remember (semi-) jokingly describing the week we conceived DD as "the worst week of my life" r/t doing it 8 times in 5 days for procreational purposes. Ha ha.

Hope everyone is having a good week! Good luck and babydust to all!
#69 of 230 Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure those tests were just evaps: AF showed later in the day on 6/8. On to next cycle

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#70 of 230 Old 06-10-2009, 11:05 AM

OMG, SoCali! I am so surprised and disappointed for you. Wishing you a peaceful week and successful next cycle!
#71 of 230 Old 06-10-2009, 11:33 AM

I am pretty sure my tests were just evaps too, AF is here in a big way!! The good news is that my cycle is regular and I am ready to try again! DH is onboard for TTC #2 hard core this time. Now off to buy more peesticks!

#72 of 230 Old 06-10-2009, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

randomacts~ : for this cycle

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#73 of 230 Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful2009 View Post
We're on the same day in our cycle. Hopefully this will be a great month for both of us!
yay! Good luck to you!

So sorry for you two who got (-)'s. I hate that feeling. Even if you know there's only a slight chance, it's disappointing.

I'm going on a baby-making diet starting tomorrow. I'm already pretty conscious about what I eat but not strict enough. From here on out it's no caffeine, no preservatives, no artificial flavoring or sweeteners, no high fructose corn syrup, no dairy or meat that isn't hormone/antibiotic free. That new mole that popped up on my arm has me feeling a little less invincible lately.

Anything else you all are trying hard to avoid?

#74 of 230 Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 AM

so SoCali and Random, so sorry that AF showed up for you both, that sucks. I hope that you both get some good news soon!!

I had some evaps before AF showed on the 1st too, well I could see them, and DH couldn't so that tells me I *might* have imagined them (which is totally possible since I've been known to do it before)

So AF finally ended on Monday, so it was 7+ full days of bleeding, which is much longer than normal for me, but to be expected since I had no bleeding for 10.5 months after baby. I'm patiently awaiting my OPK's and preseed, and really think I'd be ok NOT getting them in time this month. I want to really NOT know what's going on and try to be more patient for a bit longer.

Is it normal to go back and forth with wanting to be pregnant RIGHT now and wanting to wait another month or 2, or am I just crazy?!?!?!?

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#75 of 230 Old 06-11-2009, 10:50 AM

Tenk - I have gone through the "yes I do, no I don't" thing for the past 6 months. Even when I DID get pregnant I was unsure as to whether I was ready or not. Now, I AM READY. I think it is normal to feel that way especially if your baby is still young.

Anjanette - That diet sounds like a good plan. I really really need to start doing organic local meat instead of the cheap stuff at the grocery store. I am too cheap, but really it is important. I live in TEXAS there is NO reason not to eat local beef.

Ugh, this AF is kicking my ass. Last month it wasn't at all this heavy or painful. I am so grateful for cloth pads right now. So, to all those waiting to O, what are you doing differently this month? I am actually taking my B complex, prenatals and such and temping again, also not drinking.

#76 of 230 Old 06-11-2009, 11:46 AM

SoCali - I'm so sorry AF showed. Hopefuly she will be setting you up for a good cycle.

randomacts - bummer! Sorry they turned out to be evaps, but so happy that you are regular again!

AF ended yestertday with minor spotting, so it looks like it was a regular flow. It's amazing how I was able to wait when nothing was happening and now that AF had returned I feel lik eevery day is a milliown hours long and the 2ww to O is killing me, as well as I'm sure the 2ww after O will be nerve racking. lol As soon as I got AF back I ordered a ton of opk's and pg strips (savontests. com is my favorite for cheap tests...anyone else?).
#77 of 230 Old 06-11-2009, 11:52 AM

Hopeful - I got my strops from babywishes, and I am STOCKED! Hey, question, how do you get one of those way cool charts in your signature?

#78 of 230 Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomacts View Post
Hopeful - I got my strops from babywishes, and I am STOCKED! Hey, question, how do you get one of those way cool charts in your signature?
hmmm... good question. I asked before as well, and before someone replied I figured it out. But I clicked on so much that I can't remember how to do it now. lol I went to my signture under "about me" inmy profiel and see it there, but don't see anything that says "edit". So not sure how I put it there.
#79 of 230 Old 06-11-2009, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Hopeful ~ I buy hpts from earlypregnacytests.com since they have pretty fast shipping that is free. I used to buy from babywishes but stopped because they took so long to show up and earlypregnancytests is a little cheaper.

randomacts~ I sent you a pm showing you how to add the chart in your siggy

#80 of 230 Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

Hopeful ~ I buy hpts from earlypregnacytests.com since they have pretty fast shipping that is free. I used to buy from babywishes but stopped because they took so long to show up and earlypregnancytests is a little cheaper.

randomacts~ I sent you a pm showing you how to add the chart in your siggy

Free Shipping?? How'd I miss that? I decided against them because I looked at shipping charges and it was more than i wanted to pay. Hmmm..
#81 of 230 Old 06-11-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful2009 View Post
Free Shipping?? How'd I miss that? I decided against them because I looked at shipping charges and it was more than i wanted to pay. Hmmm..

Also, if you get them from earlypregnancytests on ebay it's even cheaper than that and still free shipping. I bought my 50 OPK's + 10 HPT's for $15 + free shipping, I think it was earlypregnancytests.com that I got them from. BabyHopes is located in Raleigh NC and even to drive there and buy them it's more than EPT.com

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#82 of 230 Old 06-11-2009, 10:08 PM
zak

I got my positive ladies. I'm due Feb 18th. Likely... Feb 20th with my track record of going 40w2d.

Hoping for many more positives for all of you!!!

-zak- Mama to three fantastic sons - 2005, 2007 & 2010 and expecting a daughter February 2012!

#83 of 230 Old 06-12-2009, 12:14 AM

YIPPPEEE Zak!!! Congrats!:

#84 of 230 Old 06-12-2009, 12:31 AM

Can you put me on the 2ww?? I think we MIGHT have something...???

I posted in the general ttc forum too, but I'm clueless what's going on. I'm 20DPO (pretty sure, not 100%) and CD37, We DTD right on target. I don't get reliable temps because bbDD still night nurses and I don't get a reliable three hours of sleep every night. I mean, sometimes I do but I'm so surprised that I forget to temp anyways, ykwim? I POAS'd yesterday. BFN. I tested today. BFN. I *have* been taking B -complex vitamins, could that affect POAS???

My cycle varies from 29-32 days on average. I had VERY light spotting about a week/so ago, thought I was starting AF early. Then nada. So then I think maybe that's implantation? But then how am I BFN still?

I had (what I thought) was PMS last weekend. Cried over EVERYTHING. I mean boohooing over the freaking laundry. I've been 'kinda crampy' for several days now.

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#85 of 230 Old 06-12-2009, 12:32 AM

Oh and TOTALLY TMI but my cervix is still high...shouldn't it be getting lower if I'm heading towards AF?????

#86 of 230 Old 06-12-2009, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

CONGRATS Zak::

Theoretica~ Do you have a chart? Maybe you didn't O when you think and your not 20dpo seems like you would get a + hpt by now if you are really that dpo.

#87 of 230 Old 06-12-2009, 01:00 PM

My cm and symptoms mid cycle puts me at around 20dpo, give or take a day, at least according to fertilityfriend.

Took another test this morning, fmu, control didn't even show....maybe the tests were bad? Off to walgreens again. argh.

#88 of 230 Old 06-12-2009, 01:04 PM

Yea, that sounds like a bad test!! KUP!

#89 of 230 Old 06-12-2009, 02:28 PM

Hope it was just a bad test Theoretica!

Congrats Zak, HH9months to you!

And for my own little blurb... I have NO idea what's going on here. I've run out of test strips (big surprise!) and I'm fighting the urge to order more because I am so obviously NOT pregnant.
I keep getting fertile CM every 4-5 days, then it fades out, cervix gets low but closed then goes back up, fertile CM on and on. I'm on CD36. Since everything looks good again, tried to dtd last night but...err...didn't exactly work out. Then of course DS2 wouldn't get out of our bed all night.

Know what I hate the most about this? I worry that if we don't dtd every single time things look even a little bit like I'm going to O, then we'll miss it and I'll have to wait ANOTHER month.
Oh and I should add that I've had several days in a row when DS2 has just nursed once or twice, but mostly he only nurses 3 times (twice overnight and once at bedtime). That shouldn't be enough to keep AF and O'ing away. But it is. Blech!

I just wish I knew exactly what was going on instead of winging it like this.
Okay, rant over

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#90 of 230 Old 06-12-2009, 11:34 PM

Yay Zak!

randomacts: I'm cheap too!!! I went to the grocery store today to buy things that I can actually eat and left almost empty handed! I'm pretty much going to be a vegetarian for a while... can hardly bring myself to shell out for the good stuff!

Little grey mare: sounds like your body really *wants* to O! Here's hoping for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page