JUNE 40+ttc Summer Love Havin' Some Fun Making Babies - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks guys. Still here, just had a busy day.
Went to acupuncture to try to move things along.

Here is my main concern: DS was 5 days early. I am currently 4 days late. DS was 9 lb 5 oz and they gain about half a pound a week.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009, 10:08 PM

OH, VM. I sure hope that your baby is the perfect size to slip right out of you with little effort!

OK, AFM. Not much happening dating wise. My sperm donor had another donation scheduled when I needed him. He was willing to split the donation, but wanted to do it at 10 p.m., and I really need my sleep, so I chose sleep over sperm (otherwise it might have been 12 when I finally got home and did the insem and went to bed). Am back to looking for an ED. Found another I loved...she looked just like me...but she's become unresponsive. This is the 2nd "perfect fit" that just vanished. Not much time to conduct the search and do acting, dating, work, exercise and sleep. Oh, well.

Had another small but cool acting role last weekend in a 10 - 15 minute short film. Lots of fun, great cast and crew...very professional. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Work is ok. Generally it's fine, but my boss seems to be very critical of my, well, everything I do. My judgment, my emails, the time I get to work, etc. I just can't win with this boss (my 4th in less than 2 years). Concerned about my job. All I can do is plug along and hope for the best.

That's it for me. I hope you're all having great successes in your lives.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:24 PM

VM, wow about your ds's stats. Sending wishes that this one is a little slower grower. Maybe that's why he's hanging around.

Buzzer Beater, I love that you had that dream, but very sorry to hear the outcome. I hope the infection resolves quickly.

LisaSedai, do you know how serious the risk is if it's not doubling as expected and how accurate the test is? I've noticed how medical professionals don't always tell us key information. KWIM? Sending good wishes that all is well, and you stay firmly in your inspirational pregnant mama role here.

MsGB, sorry about the bad timing with your sperm donor and your disappearring ed, and crital bosses are so annoying and unhelpful, sorry to hear that too. The acting role sounds wonderful.

Thanks very much for all the good wishes.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

VG you are in my thoughts. I had one 10 pounder. He was my easiest delivery.

Lisa those numbers are almost doubled I am hoping the very best for you.

MsGB each time you mention looking for a new ED I think of a friend of mine here in Idaho. She looks like you also. NOT sure if it is something she ever considered but she just always pops into my head.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 07-30-2009, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

AFM I don't think I O'd this cycle. My temps are really crazy I got two lines on an OPK bu tthe first one was faint. My temp dropped today so I am going to do another OPK on the off chance that it is a later O for me. I am cd13 so it is not too late I just having been Oing between days 10 & 12

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 PM

Laurie, maybe the TCM you were doing has moved back your O, which would be good! As long as you keep BD'ing so as to not miss the eggie!

MsGBs, that sounds cool about the acting gig. Sorry about the sperm donation and also the missing ED. I hope that comes together for you soon!

Lisa, I am thinking about you!

Hi WaturMama!

Me: more acupunture to try to move things along this morning. Nothing to report so far though!

My midwife also told me yesterday to have lots of orgasms and go for a run. Took care of both yesterday. In fact, I ran 5K.

We went to the local middle school which has a huge field, a track, 2 baseball diamonds and 2 play structures. DH and I ran around the track. That way he can keep an eye on me without having to run as slow as me.

The kids played baseball and on the play structure.

However, it was busy because it was a nice night so there was lots of commentary on the the crazy pregnant lady running. There was some kind of a bikini boot camp class (the cheered every time I ran by them which was mortifying). There was a pickup soccer game and I heard one of the kids very piercingly ask an adult why I was exercising while I am pregnant. I didn't hear the response.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 PM

VM: you crack me up! .....at least it wasn't "Look there is an old lady jogging"

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Old 07-31-2009, 04:11 AM

First of all I apologize if this is the wrong forum but I don't think I would have found a bigger grouping of 40+ moms anywhere else.

I cannot decide if I want to go for a 3rd baby or be happy with the 2 I have. I had my DS at 36 and DD at 38. I had absolutely no problems conceiving and had very healthy pregnancies both times with big healthy babies. So I have that going for me. I just turned 40 and am torn about a 3rd. Some days I am sure that it is best to leave things as they are because everything is working so well. My children love each other and everyone is in a groove so to speak. Logistically a 3rd would pose a lot of rearranging. We don't have a 3rd room for another child, school tuition, vacations on hold yet again, enough room in our car for a 3rd, I'm prone to PPD, etc. etc.

And yet.....I feel such a tugging at my heart that I was meant to have another. Yet I don't want to try again if I'm only being led by my love of newborns and my tendency to romanticize everything. My DH is pretty neutral on the subject. If I asked him to get a vasectomy tomorrow he would and yet if I said let's go for it he would say OK. And speaking of my DH, he is 51 and this really concerns me. Granted he is a "young" 51 and is such a good daddy but he is still 51. I don't really know when too old is too old. I want him around for at least their early adulthood, KWIM. Honestly my age concerns me too. I think I'm in denial because I really can't believe I am 40, I still feel so young. But feelings aren't enough. I worry about birth defects if we try again and I know statisically the odds keep creeping up.

I'm not sure what I want from this post, I guess feedback from those of you who have BTDT and how you worked through these issues, if you had them. Also, do many of you have DHs that are as old as mine??

Oh why can't we be 10 years younger?!?!?!?! (This statement in itself is pretty funny considering how many people think a 41 year old man is too old to have a newborn!!)

Thanks for listening!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:37 AM

Welcome knucklehead

You are in the right place. Crossroads are tough, I have been there, (still am sort of.) That is great that DH is so willing to go w=either way, but it does put the decision all on you and I feel for you. I don't have any advice, just wanted to say hi and give a

I am really wanting to be pg now, I am not sure if it is only fueled by the m/c, when we conceived we weren't really trying anymore, go figure. Now I am yearning to be pregnant. I got another BFP this morning, the HcG hasn't left my body yet, it is sort of sad.

how are you this morning VM?

massaginmommy, there is still a chance, I hope you have a nice big (but late) O

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 07-31-2009, 03:15 PM

knucklehead, that is such a tough one. We were kind of in the same place. Our kids were getting older and life was getting easier again.
But we had always said we wanted a 3rd and I figured we would never regret having another one but we might very well rergret NOT having another one.
But it is a tough, personal decision I know.
Welcome!

BelovedK, my HSG took a long time to go down too after both my m/c's. it was very frustrating. I did conceive though at 9 weeks after the 2nd though. Hang tough chica.

Me: Obviously still here.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:28 PM

Hello I haven't been around recently but I lurk every once in a while. Good luck Veganmama719, what an exciting time I am so glad for you. And babydust to everyone here .

AFM I am trying to accept that at 46 it isn't going to happen for me. DS, DH and I had a tough winter/spring but things are better and we are starting to talk about adoption again. We need to do that soon if that is our path.

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
Old 07-31-2009, 08:51 PM

joyluc, it is soooo nice to see you! I am sorry you've been having a rough time. But I am glad you are going to talk about expanding your family in whatever way works for you!

I came on again to post because I just got off the phone with my mom in Vancouver. One of her neighbours, who is 9 months pregnant too, is 52 and she conceived naturally. My mom was floored. She said "I knew she was no spring chicken" but she had no idea she was 52!

Old 08-01-2009, 03:39 AM

Hi everyone!

Veganmama, thank you very much for all the updates. They are very much appreciated. I guess that babe wants an August birthday. Sending wishes for a lovely birth and soon.

Welcome knucklehead! I think the Family Planning board would be a good place to engage folks in that question, too. But this place is fine. In one sentence you said your heart was being tugged, and I thought way to notice, listen to it. In the next you said, maybe you were "only being led by my love of newborns and my tendency to romanticize everything." It was like you were belittling yourself, but maybe you're on to a familiar pattern. I'd explore which this is--a calling for one more baby or something else, use the wise mama part of yourself, not the figure-it-out part. My dh is just a couple years older than me, but your post had me doing some math. One of my very dearest friends was born when her Dad was 49. I am so grateful to him for not refraining from becoming a father then. She was with him when he died peacefully at 87--she was 38. They had lots of years together and the experience of helping him die surrounded by love was powerful for her, too. It strikes me that we don't know when any of us will go or what a child's relationship with his or her parents will mean to him/her. Since your potential little one would have two older siblings, she or he would get to start with 4 immediate family members, which seems rich to me. I hope some of that is helpful.

joyluc, good wishes finding a path that feels right for you and your family...and quickly! .

massaginmommy, have fun waiting for O , and I hope it becomes clear soon and with fortuitous timing.

AFM, I'm 10 dpo, having a bit less pg symptoms than I was, which, well, isn't the direction I was hoping for, but may not mean much. It's time for that part of the TWW when I decide when to test. Still hoping for April Baby.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 08-01-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
Oh why can't we be 10 years younger?!?!?!?! )
too funny....I ask myself that question every day..... I had decided for sure that 2 was enough,my last baby just turned 10,and here I am,TTC'ing again...I must be crazy! I'll be 42 this winter,and I should have listened to my heart 8 years ago when it told me I would love more kids....but I only learned to listen a few short months ago.
I wish I had tried years ago,but I didn't,so now I am living the only life I can...mine! Hope things go well for you...
BTW, how are things going for the 40 and up crowd here? Some days it seems impossible,this thing we're trying,but then again....there are the babies....:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:29 PM

VM what a great story about your mom's neighbor. The no spring chicken line made me chuckle. I also loved your story about running at the track. You are my inspiration. I'm not pregnant and don't run 5K. I think I need to though!

Welcome, knucklehead. I think doubts and questions are just part and parcel of being a mom. I think as women we may sometimes over think things. Just trust yourself to make the right decision. I certainly have had lots of thoughts and concerns about what effect another child would have on my daughter. Trust yourself to make the right decision.

AFM. My temp. has continued to confound logic. I decided to split my chart on the day I started the new herbs. Once I did that, FF did not identify the day my temp dipped as O day. I hope that is correct because it means I still have a chance this month to ovulate. I am trying to just ride this out and be okay with things I have no control over.

My best friend just found a new job and is moving to Alaska. I am really excited for her, but it just hit me that there is a side to me that is pretty sad she is leaving. She is my great support person and more of a sister to me and an aunt to dd than my family. In fact she is the only "aunt" my dd knows. On the flip side there is job opening there for me and just playing around looking at jobs revealed that dh could get a job making double what he makes here. Hmmm, it's tempting but I don't think I am ready to be away from dd for a full time job and there are very good reasons why I went into business for myself. Theorectically, if my business would pick up I could make way more here working part-time. That is if I could figure out how to make my business here pick up And while I was investigating possible jobs I found jobs for both of us in Iraq making major money. Ignoring the whole living conditions, tents, 110 degree heat, spiders, scorpians, sandstorms, IED's etc... you know those little quality of life issues, it's really tempting in some respects. If we were to go for 2 years we could make more $ than we would make in 10 years here. We could go for 2 years, come back, spend 6 months traveling or whatever and buy my dad's farm which is what I want to do more than anything and it's out of my reach without a huge miracle. However, with a 3 year old it's probably not such a great idea. Fun to think about though.

Sorry to digress so far from the real reason for this thread.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Old 08-01-2009, 06:34 PM

Hi everyone. It's been incredibly hot here so I'm pretty drained. Sigh.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 PM

VM it occurs to me that maybe your little guy is aware this may be your last pregnancy and really wants you to enjoy every second and get the most out of it as possible

Having weird cramps today, I was hoping pre o cramps but it's more like pulling when I turn, twist, or stand up than real cramps. Sigh not sure what this means of anything.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:08 PM

Kristin, I get those sometimes in my luteal phase/early pg. Could you possibly have O'd?

I notice we haven't heard from the reliable Veganmama yet today. Maybe, maybe... : Veganmama!

AFM, I stalked my own previous charts this morning and was reminded of the sneaky variety of the luteal phase/early pg, But...I felt super nauseous this morning and have had a good bit of tingly boobs. :

Old 08-02-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaturMama View Post
Kristin, I get those sometimes in my luteal phase/early pg. Could you possibly have O'd?

I notice we haven't heard from the reliable Veganmama yet today. Maybe, maybe... : Veganmama!

AFM, I stalked my own previous charts this morning and was reminded of the sneaky variety of the luteal phase/early pg, But...I felt super nauseous this morning and have had a good bit of tingly boobs. :
WaturMama I think anything is possible. I don't think I have ovulated since the m/c but I'm not sure. FF and my TCM doctor seemed to think I ovulated both cycles but I didn't have my typical symptoms. I don't think I have ovulated yet this cycle but I am not really sure where I am this cycle as my temps are much higher this entire cycle than last and last cycle was just weird. But you are right it is the same pulling feeling as in early pregnancy but I'm not, so hoping it's my ovaries waking up

: for your continued tingly breasts and nausea :

Old 08-02-2009, 04:27 PM

WM : for continued nausea!

AFM, cd13 and still a few days away from O. Seeing the TCM doc this afternoon, so hopefully she'll needle me for good eggs!

Now if only this heat wave would break!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 08-02-2009, 08:42 PM

Hi all,
I haven't posted in a while. I wasn't actively ttc. I thought about it and we need to wait until the threat of a snow storm is passed. Last year it snowed on Easter so maybe we'll try this month. I am still nursing my one year old and considering stocking up breast milk in the freezer if she doesn't like me running dry. I have nursed through pregnancies 3 other times and really didn't go completely dry but did change to colostrum. I ovulate on and off. It's hard to fill in all the factors of breastfeeding, perimenopause and ttc. Maca is amazing though. I've been talking it for a few weeks and my cm has increased for certain. I am communicating telepathically with my one year old and she is excited about me bringing her sister. She keeps telling me every morning, "when???". Silly. She was a loud spirit baby and she has continued to communicate with me. I'm so glad. She really is a special baby. I get so many comments from strangers that she is an "old soul". Strange. No one said that about my other 4. She is totally a magnet for those who seem to need a lift.

I hope to send some good news in a month.

Baby dust to all who need it!!

Amy (41), mama to five
Old 08-02-2009, 09:34 PM

You were right WaturMama! i was in labour when you posted yesterday.

Declan James arrived at 12:31 am Sunday Aug 2 after a fast and furious labour. He was 8 lb 7 oz for all my worries about him being huge at 8 days late. I would say it was my most difficult labour though as it just went so fast. No break at all in the contractions between 5 and 10 cm.

He is very sweet though!

i will try to figure out a way to post a pic.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:36 PM

CONGRATS VM!!!!

Welcome to the world Declan James

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 08-03-2009, 12:18 AM

Congratulations, VM! i've been stalking this thread for news of your little one's arrival.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 AM

:::Congratulations Veganmama and family! Way to go with the labor VM! Welcome to the World Declan James!:

Hi ElliesMomma!! I've been wondering about you. How are you? I see you have a ds coming. Very exciting!

So while I'm here feeling all fatigued, nauseous, tingly boobed (tho not as tingly as 2 days ago, but the fatigue is new), hopeful, my dh tells me tonight, all excited, that he has this feeling that I'm going to get pregnant the next cycle. He tells me this like it's a good thing. Which I guess it sort of is. But...:

Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 AM

: Welcome Declan James!!! :

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

Old 08-03-2009, 07:56 AM

Congrats from our holiday in Sydney, Australia!

I'm CD9 -- gonna go POAS and hope I get some VM luck.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 AM

Veganmama - Congratulations! I can only imagine how happy you must be.

Welcome Declan James!!! :: :

Me-46 DH-45 DS born June 2012 TTC#2  July 2008 angel3.gif19 weeks, April 2010 angel1.gif @11 weeks, Sept 2010 angel1.gif @ 7 weeks. Feb 2011 angel1.gifangel1.gif twins @11 weeks. bfinfant.gifcd.gif

Old 08-03-2009, 11:18 AM

::Yay Vegan Mama!!!::

:Welcome Declan James!!!:

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
Old 08-03-2009, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations Vegan mama!!! Happy Birthday Declan James!

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !

User Tag List