JUNE 40+ttc Summer Love Havin' Some Fun Making Babies - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2009, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations, Veganmama! Welcome to the world, Declan James! Happy Birthday! : :: ::

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2009, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Yay VM What a great day to have a baby. My Dad's birthday was yesterday! Can't wait to see your little bundle.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 08-03-2009, 09:37 PM

Congratulations VM!! Take it easy and enjoy your babymoon!!

Amy (41), mama to five
Old 08-03-2009, 11:33 PM

Congratulations, VM! I"m so glad to hear that the labor was fast and furious. Welcome and happy birthday to sweet Declan James!:::

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:24 AM

:
hello little man

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Old 08-04-2009, 01:25 AM

ompath:: hopin for a +

39 wks for me no sign of baby yet....

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Old 08-04-2009, 01:33 AM

hi guys, i'm doing fine, thanks for asking WaterMama. six or seven weeks left to go! which leads me to a question about actual due date -- does anyone know exactly how to figure it? i know the date of ovulation, and i know the date of intercourse -- do i use those dates (probably one in the same or very close), subtract 10 months and add two weeks? or is it 40 weeks from date of the intercourse that led to baby?

unfortunately i'm getting the "high risk" treatment from my DO/OB/midwife group. they've got me going in for biophysical profiles weekly, which started today. baby got a 10/10 right away. i'm convinced that he is just fine, and will come on his own on schedule in mid-september... but i/we have to literally "prove" that he is fine and his environment is fine weekly from here on out.

the one OB, who i never schedule with anymore, said i should be induced at 39 weeks. i've since told the others and the midwife that i really don't want an induction. i was told that if i keep doing the biophysical profiles and keep passing them i won't have to be. for now, things are fine. i'm a little nervous about what pressure i will be facing after 38 or 39 weeks, when i'm considered "full term" and there's no "need" to keep the baby inside any longer.

which is one reason i've been wondering about my actual due date.

they have me in their charts for due Sept. 21. this is based on date of last period, which was 12/14/08. i know for a fact that i had copious CM on 12/23/08 and intercourse on 12/24/08 -- this was the only intercourse we had near ovulation that cycle, so it has to be the inseminating event. if i count out 40 weeks from 12/24/08, it shows 9/17/09 -- is this my actual "due date"? if so, advantage me, as i do want another natural, non-induced and drug free birth.

you guys are the experts here. does anybody know? thanks...

Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 AM

Hi Elliesmomma! Wow only 6-8 weeks to go already. That's awesome!

Use the day that your temperature shifted. The method I use is I subtract 14 days from the day my temp shifted. That's the day that would have been the last day of your LMP in the fantasy world in which everyone has a 28 day cycle. This is handy to know, because I found if I tell this date to the medical personnel ("My cycle is more than 28 days, you know how this works don't' you? blabla. It's as if my period started on x/x/200x." Lightbulbs tend to go on. Then I take that date and use it on a EDD calculator. I believe you could also count 40 weeks from the day of the temperature shift.

Why are you getting the "high risk" treatment? Are you on board with that? If you aren't sympatico with your birth team, would it be possible to switch? I switched from a family doctor to a homebirth midwife in my 6th month with ds, and I am sososososo glad I did. Not quite as late, but I've heard of people switching later. Listen to your mama wisdom about the most supportive path for you. I hope you get another natural, drug-free birth.

AFM, 13 dpo, no blood yet. I've got boobs like I remember from being pg. I call them senso-boobs, they feel tingly and super sensitive, like I have two antenna in front of me checking everything out just before the rest of me arrives. I feel like I'm pg, but I have before and not been, so here I go again, somehow feeling like I won't be as horribly disappointed if this isn't it and yet reallyreallyreally hoping this is it.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 08-04-2009, 08:21 AM

WaterMama, are you going to test??

Elliesmomma, how exciting I agree about talking to another OB/MW, it can't hurt.

afm, I am getting back to normal, I am still getting BFPs though, but the last one was more faint (I had just downed a huge water though)

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post
they have me in their charts for due Sept. 21. this is based on date of last period, which was 12/14/08. i know for a fact that i had copious CM on 12/23/08 and intercourse on 12/24/08 -- this was the only intercourse we had near ovulation that cycle, so it has to be the inseminating event. if i count out 40 weeks from 12/24/08, it shows 9/17/09 -- is this my actual "due date"?
I plugged your estimated conception date into an online due date calculator and get 9/16/09. I know from experience that you can ovulate up to five days or so later than you DTD, though. If you had an early ultrasound, your OBs will use that to come up with a due date no matter what your LMP was. It sounds like you have the advantage if they think you are due later than you really are. Good luck!

Veganmama, I'm so happy for you!!! Welcome, Declan! :::

AFM, just like the first time around, I have not had the benefit of any lactational amenhorrea. : I have ovulated three out of four cycles in the six months since EJ was born, but my LP is only 4-7 days long. This seems like the worst of both worlds! I don't want to get pregnant but at least if I'm cycling I'd like to know my body is working properly, and if not, I'd rather not be cycling at all.

to all
Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 PM

I'm glad you're starting to feel back to normal BelovedK. .

I think I will test today. Even if AF comes I want to know if this was chemical for a sense of how I'm reading the signs. But later. I have to get ds off to school soon and would rather be alone for testing. Menstrual type cramp this am=not good. But also quite nauseous :

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 08-04-2009, 01:59 PM

:::: Way to go VM ::::

to you for the fast and furious birth.

declan James

::: ::

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Old 08-04-2009, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

elliesmomma I got pregnant with my first on 12/24/84 and his due date was 9/17/85 I was induced and he was born on 9/8/85 and they dated him at 39 weeks So I think your calculations are correct. I believe it is 266 days from the day of conception.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
: Waturmama !

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
Old 08-04-2009, 04:13 PM

Thank you, SunRise!

So...I just tested and it was a bum test! I'm still shaking a little (from the testing part, not it being a bad test). The whole thing is so nerve wracking. I didn't look for 2 minutes. I come in I see a BFN, I'm so bummed and then I realize there's nothing in the control window! So now I have to do this again later. And my only test left is a digital. Maybe I need to go shopping. I like to see how dark the lines are.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:15 PM

Bummer

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 PM

Bummer, Waturmama. I have one unused test (from a 2-pack) that you could have it you wanted, but I think the mail is a bit slow to have to wait for it.
Elliesmomma, why are you high risk? Just because of your age? I'm 43 and nobody has called me high risk.
Welcome back, Amy!

Old 08-04-2009, 05:50 PM

yes simply my age, 41. i didn't realize it was going to be this way when i signed up at this practice. i should have went with another practice (midwives only) and it would have been totally different. i picked this one, however, b/c it's important to me that our 3.5 year old is allowed to be with us at the hospital 24/7. it's a big price to pay, however.

i/we passed the first biophysical profile yesterday, 10 out of 10. but we have to "prove" our fitness to remain pregnant again next week, and every week for the rest of the pregnancy. it's a lot of negative thinking, i feel, to assume that something is wrong.

my blood pressure is usually around 100/60, i passed gestational diabetes test "with flying colors", my first birth was a natural, drug free one. i really have no real "risk factors."

i do sometimes think about trying to switch over to the midwives but at this point my husband thinks i should just go through the paces with this group.

if i ever have another child, though, i will not do this "high risk" crap again (without a real cause).

also, they are watching his size with "growth checks." apparently my daughter's birth weight of 6 pounds 4 ounces is on the "small side." nevermind that my husband is only 5'7" and slim...

Old 08-04-2009, 06:40 PM

::: :::: Vegan!!!

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
Old 08-04-2009, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Elliesmomma I think I would switch. They seem to be all about intervention and you sound like you are wanting a hands off birth mostly.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Elliesmomma, I think you should reconsider switching, too. It sounds like these folks' perspective are causing stress for you. You are the one giving birth, not your husband, so your opionion matters more. I can't remember where I read this--maybe Birthing From Within, but the mother feeling relaxed and secure is one of the most important factors in getting birth going--so choosing the place/people that feels comfortable for YOU is something that will help you have a natural birth. I hope this isn't overwhelming, and that you find a way through this that gives you strength.

AFM, I went out and got more pg tests, but then got home and PG&E had found a gas leak in front of our house, so now workers are doing repairs, which included use of a jackhammer...haven't retested yet.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM

BFN. %$#&^%$%$^&!

Ds told me this morning he hoped I had a baby in my tummy tomorrow. Me too.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 PM

WaturMama How many days are you post-O? Could it be too soon for a conclusive test? Maybe you can test tomorrow with first morning urine...And did the gas leak get fixed?

Congrats to VeganMama! And Welcome Baby Declan!!

Elliesmama, I'm with everyone else - age alone shouldn't make you high risk. I know too many women over 40 who had perfectly normal prenancies and births. One local mama I know was 42 when she had her 11lb daughter at home (with a midwife). I hope you can convince the team of that, or find another team who believes in you and your body! WM is right that you need to be confident and comfortable with your situation.

AFM, I've got something weird going on. CD14, OPKs over the past 4 days have been negative. Last night, I felt crampy and bloated - thought it might be ovulation related. Today, cervix is high and open, EWCM...and a hugely elevated temp! Temp spike could be due to illness - I woke up headachey and nauseated, a feeling that didn't disappear until after lots of food and water. OPK is "less positive" (line was barely noticable), though it's possible my urine was diluted. I'm going to do another OPK later today. FF is saying "we can't exactly pinoint your O date, but it's likely sometime between cd8 and cd13" Uh, OK.....For now, we're just going to keep up with our plan of BDing every day until I know for certain O has passed. But it's really weird for me

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 08-05-2009, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Karen the same thing sort of happened to me. I haven't been real consistent with temping we had been gone. But I htought fo rsure I was past O and then alla of a sudden cramping and heightened sex drive with lots of EWCM.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:02 PM

oh, veganmama !!

i am so thrilled to come back online and see your lovely has arrived !!

:::::::::

joyous joy to you. to this precious new being on earth. to your family.

blessings and rest. smiles. love.

xoxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 08-06-2009, 02:24 AM

(((hugs)))) to you Waturmama. I came to dread pregnancy tests.
Elliesmama, I would listen to your gut on this one. It sounds weird to keep having to prove the baby's healthy. I haven't had to do that and I'm 43 with PCOS.
I am thinking that I may take the 1 hr GTT next week.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:59 AM

AF came. I think. I'm pretty sure. It was a weird day. I was spotting all day--and still a little hopeful because I spotted around the time of my pg with ds, and the 2nd pregnancy. But heavier tonight, so I think that's . I'm 15 dpo.

This was a strange cycle. I felt more pg/had more and stronger symptoms than I did 2 months ago when I had a BFP. I will see my TCM practicioner tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what she thinks.

Last night as I was laying in bed, dizzy with nausea, feeling like I was riding a boat, I got a bit giddy with renewed optimism and came up with this mixture of metaphors and sayings, which brought me much need lightness all day: "It ain't over 'til the Flo lady rains on your parade."

Karen1968, yes the gas leak got fixed. I'm grateful it was found. Did your temp today make things clearer?

Old 08-06-2009, 04:53 PM

My TCM practicioner didn't have any definitive insights, but pointed out I'm doing some new things (acupuncture and herbs), so it makes sense that would cause changes in my cycle, particularly because she gave me herbs to support pregnancy in case I had one. Maybe positive that I was responsive. She was not concerned. We are both glad about my long luteal phase. She wants to try moxa on me. She hasn't yet because of my asthma, but we noticed I haven't reacted to it in her office.

Massingmommy, how about a new thread for August? Personally, I'm ready for a new beginning and this one is starting to get long. I tried to think of a good name to help out, but all mine were pretty awful. Anyone else? MsGB?

Old 08-06-2009, 05:20 PM

Hi ladies! Thank you for all your kind words. Baby Declan, other wise known around here as ZenBaby, is 4.5 days old and very sweet.

WaturMama, I had a few wonky cycles after starting TCM. I think it is a good sign. Sorry about AF though.

Elliesmom, you don't sound high risk AT ALL!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 08-06-2009, 07:17 PM

: VeganMama. Wonderful.

I wonder if TCM can be responsible for this month's wackiness? Seriously, I don't know what is going on, or if I've ovulated. If anyone cares to look at my chart, I'd appreciate it. We'v had wacky weather (super hot, for here), travel and lots of co-sleeping this cycle. And the day of my highest temp, I woke up feeling sick and headachey. I started OPK testing earlier than usual, but saw no surge, and now the "test" lines, which were about half as dark as the control on M & Tu, are practically gone.

I did skip a day of OPK (thinking it was too early), and I suppose I could have surged that day. But it would be really unusual for me to O on cd13. I usually O day 16 or 17. On the other hand, the cycle where I got pregnant with DS was an early O cycle (cd15). : I'm really not sure what to think. I think we're going to skip BD today, or at least save it for tonight - we've been BD during nap, but that isn't happening today.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)

User Tag List