Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2009, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Previous Thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1079813

Welcome to the 40+ TTC Thread!
Babies Born :::
Hockeylover/Juls (44) Twin Girls born 12/08 (juls is 44)
kbhlmh/Karen (47) Kevin (boy) born 12/05 when I was 44y2m. FYI - natural conception!
Juneau (44): Baby Girl Eliza Jane born 1/12/09
DoulaMomVicki: Edie Mae born 1/25/09
WV Mommy/Erika (41): Josiah Born 2/5/09

BFP's:

s*******/Shelley: EDD 5/24/09
Veganmama719 (41): EDD 7/25/09
saoirse2007 (39) EDD 8/11/09 http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/113c41
ElliesMomma(41) EDD 09/17/09
Pookietooth/Jen (43) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/18f765 EDD 10/21/09
Grace EDD 2/17/10
Sunrise/Sara (42) EDD 2/21/10
zonapellucida (40) EDD 3/09/10
LisaSedai (41)

HOPEFULS:

ACsMom/Jen (39.5)
amydearmas (41)
Arianwen1174 (40)
BHappy/Karen (41)
beachlover (42)
BelovedK (42)
berinjela (40)
bilbi (40)
Buzzer Beater/sara (45)
can't wait/Felicia (41.5)
Denny(43)
Dhopper (43)
Finding Serenity
Folaboye -- waiting to be ready
Girlo/Shannon
Gerlassie(41)
halifax40(42) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/20a8a0
Jezzy/Sharun
Joyluc (45)
KaydasMom (41)
kbhlmh (47) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/8fcb8
kel32brown(42)
Kristin0105 (43) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1dfb40
lauri0115(43)
lovbeingamommy/Kate (44)
MassaginMommy/Laurie (46) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/8fe89
MI_Dawn (39)
Miracle and Wonder/Candida (45)
Msgoodbuns (45) - single, dating, acting and ttc'ing!
my other age is 34 (45)
nicksmom03 (43) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1734a6
Ompath (40) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/237d98
pitchfork (40)
Rainpainter (41)
reikibirth/Toni (45)
salt phoenix (41)
Sapphos/Laura (41)
SecretBeach (40)
Shami (40.5)
Shellbell62/Shelli (46) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16f6a4
Stealthee
Susan aka Speedknitter(45)
TheSnowQueen/Susan (46)
WaturMama (42)

If I've missed anyone or you are new and want to be added to the list, please post your request in the thread in BOLD

GETTING READY

karen1968 (40)

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 AM

subbin'

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 06-05-2009, 11:36 AM

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Old 06-05-2009, 11:48 AM

What a beautiful new thread! I hope everyone is having a fertile day.

Very emotional today,t here was a stillbirth in my DDC. i realize statistically there will usually be 1 or 2 in each DDC but I didn't expect to be thrown for such a loop by it.

33 weeks tomorrow.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 06-05-2009, 03:21 PM

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
Old 06-05-2009, 06:20 PM

Oh VM that is so hard to read about when it happens to someone who is close to your due date. It is such a scary thing to happen. When you read about it happening it just makes it so much more real. If that makes any sense.

I am feeling more normal today. First day in the past 5 that I have not yelled at dd for no reason. I feel so bad for her. When I was talking to my husband about it last night and telling him it really wasn't good for dd to be around me when I am so out of whack and I was considering going to NY to get away and save her from me. She chimes in and said "it's okay mom, I love you and I just ignore you and don't listen when you yell at me." Thankfully, I seem on a more even keel today. I got my herbs yesterday and took the time to make myself a cup in the acu's office! And forgive me if I already posted this. I thought I did but now I am not sure

Old 06-05-2009, 06:26 PM

Well, I'm going to try to post and subscribe, since the Thread Tools drop-down box is not working (why did they change to a new system before it wasn't working? As a software tester, I am pissed that they are releasing to the users without fully testing or bug fixing.)
Anyway, I am doing OK. I figured out my prenatal, New Chapter brand, is giving me migraines (the last one, Solaray, gave me a rash on the backs of my hands -- this whole foods based thing is not always so great), meaning I spent a bundle on a bottle of pills I can't take. Anybody else want them? They have soy in them, which is why they give me migraines. Anyone who doesn't have a problem with soy can have them for the shipping cost.
to all who need it.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 06-05-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Well, I'm going to try to post and subscribe, since the Thread Tools drop-down box is not working (why did they change to a new system before it wasn't working? As a software tester, I am pissed that they are releasing to the users without fully testing or bug fixing.)
Anyway, I am doing OK. I figured out my prenatal, New Chapter brand, is giving me migraines (the last one, Solaray, gave me a rash on the backs of my hands -- this whole foods based thing is not always so great), meaning I spent a bundle on a bottle of pills I can't take. Anybody else want them? They have soy in them, which is why they give me migraines. Anyone who doesn't have a problem with soy can have them for the shipping cost.
to all who need it.

: On the new system. I am not too happy with it myself. And I am no software tester.

As for the New Chapter Too bad about the migrains. I spent I think almost $50.00 on them and I was uh hem constipated the entire time I took them. I finally went back to my Alive Multi vitamin, a folic acid supplement, and Floradix. Not exactly cheap but much more comfortable.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:18 AM

VM. That sounds tough at this time. Tough any time, but we are so wide open emotionally when we're pg. I didn't know that statistically there would be 1 or 2 in a DDC. That is alarming. How many are in a DDC?

Thank you MM for another thread and inspiring title. You hit the right note for me each month. If I can't be pg, at least I can have fun trying.

My bleeding is finally lightening up on CD6. When it was still pretty heavy on CD4 it started hitting me that not only am I not pg, but I'm having a m/c, if that makes any sense. I'm tired. Much as this was a disappointment I was so much less emotionally invested in this very short pg that the last one that ended at the end of the 1st trimester. I'm thinking it might be good to check in with a doctor or midwife. I did speak to a midwife today who I was going to potentially do some pre-conception counseling with, but I didn't really click with her. Maybe I'll call one of my old midwives (who are both in different states from me). Disappointed as I am, I do have a certain faith that this wasn't the time for a baby to come to us. I hope it will be soon. Things can change so fast.

Some June baby dust to us all and sticky/healthy wishes to those who need it too.

Thanks for being here, dear women. :

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 06-06-2009, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

DH had acupuncture last week for his shoulder. He has a couple tears in two of his tendons. While he was there she did some fertility points for him too

Me I am cd6 Hoping to use the preseed this time during my fertile period. We will be on vacation so I am considering not temping but maybe just doing t he opks Or maybe not doing anything but baby dancing and using the preseed.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:02 PM

to you VM -- that must be hard to have a stillbirth. There have been a couple of m/c's in my DDC and it always feels a little weird -- I get some guilt, some relief, and sadness for the baby and mama. Loss is hard at any time.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 06-06-2009, 08:55 PM

Hello all, I was hoping to be pregnant before I hit the 40 mark and although I was sure I made it: got knocked up, I got my BFP AFTER I started to bleed. 40 days cycle? Nope another loss. UGH. I need to go back to last months thread and read the list of what I need to grill the gyn.ob about and wee wether or not I need to see someone else. I don't want to here "don't you have enough?" Apparently not, thank you very much.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
Old 06-06-2009, 09:13 PM

After getting my herbs from my TCM provider on Thursday I feel so much more stable and almost back to my normal self. I really don't know what I would do without the help of chinese medicine. Spotting has finally stopped so I am anxious to see what this cycle ends up looking like. I am feeling optimistic about the possibility of another pregnancy. Don't know how I will feel if it takes another 9 months.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Zona sorry I missed your post before. Sorry for your loss.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 PM

zonapellucida, I'm so sorry. . I sure understand about setting those goals and the frustration of not meeting them.

I have similar questions. I'm at the point of accepting that my "Fertile Myrtle" days are passed. So I'm not sure what my next step is. Talk to a acupuncturist who specializes in fertility? Talk to an ob/gyn and get some tests? Try to following Randine Lewis' Infertility Cure religiously. Any thoughts about where to start would be appreciated.

I abruptly stopped bleeding today--almost entirely. And my energy is much better. So that's good. I don't know if I want us to try or not this month. I was so tired, I wonder if it's good to recuperate. I'll probably know when the time comes. We are also traveling around that time, so it could be challenging.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 PM

I really think TCM is a fantastic option. I know I would not have gotten pregnant without it. And while my outcome was not what I had hoped. I am certain I will get pregnant again if I continue with chinese medicine.

I would follow the advice in The Infertility Cure and seek help from a traditional chinese medicine provider who specializes in fertility. It can only help and if you chose to do ART in the future the TCM and acupuncture will only help the process.

I think all of us struggling with the reality of the effect of time on our bodies can truly benefit from TCM. Like VM wrote recently if you get your body back in balance then blood flow to the ovaries can increase and improve fertility over time. It's not an overnight fix but it does seem possible to turn back the hands of time.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

TCM and acupuncture has gotten me back in balance. I haven't gotten pregnant yet ( I am at my 5th month of it) but my body is much more prepared for pregnancy now.

Thanks for the kudos oon the thread. It was actually MsGB that came up withthte thread title this time.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Zona so sorry for your loss

Old 06-07-2009, 06:27 PM

So sorry, Zonapellucida! Sending you peace and love...

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

Old 06-07-2009, 06:45 PM

Yay MsGB! Thank you for the fun and inspiring thread title!

MM and Kristin thanks for the words of wisdom about TCM. I have been doing acupressure, but I'm starting to think that maybe finding someone who does more full TCM and specializes in fertility is a good idea.

Anyone, I'm also curious are there western medicine tests that you have done that you feel were particularly illuminating and helpful?

We are having a gorgeous day in the SF Bay Area. I hope everyone is having a good weekend and MsGB is settling into her new home.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:03 PM

Zona -

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
Old 06-07-2009, 08:43 PM

Hello everyone!

Waturmama: Ah, I'm just now noticing that you are in the Bay Area. I grew up there and my family is still there. It still feels like home to me. Glad to hear that your bleeding is letting up and that you've got more energy now.

MMommy: Thanks for the new thread! Good luck this cycle! I got pregnant on a cycle where I didn't keep track of ovulation. We just DTD regularly from CD5 till CD 19, or something like that. I didn't even have any EWCM that month.

Kristin: Your DD sounds like a well-adjusted, wise little soul. Chinese Medicine definitely helped me emotionally after my miscarriage. My herbalist put several herbs in my formula specifically to calm the spirit.

ZonaP: I'm sorry for your loss.

Pookie:How annoying about your pre-natals. I hope you find something without bad side effects. No more bleeding episodes, I hope.

Veganmama: How sad about the stillbirth. Just terrible. There's just nothing you can say, really.

Sara: Sorry about your bad news regarding your antral follie count. Is this something that could change from month to month? My last count, I only had one and I've been pregnant twice since then.

AFM,I want to say that I'm also a HUGE fan of TCM and Randine Lewis.

I am almost 7 weeks now. I haven't had any more spotting since the first episode about a week and a half ago. I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 17th of June. I don't think I can get even a little bit hopeful about this pregnancy unless I see a strong heartbeat.

I also just found out that my SIL is 10 weeks pregnant. I think she'll be 40 this year. I'm happy for her, but one of my first thoughts was that it was going to be very hard for me to watch her go through her pregnancy if I should lose mine. Selfish, huh?

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 PM

Oh goodness, Stealthee, I don't think it sounds selfish at all, it sounds only natural to me! I'll be so glad for you when you see that heart beating strong. I keep wondering if I want to go in for an ultrasound sometime early on if I get pregnant, for reassurance. I never thought like that when I was younger and getting/being pregnant with my boys. But now, with it being so much harder and the risks of miscarriage being higher, I feel like it would be months before I felt at ease about the baby being okay. I didn't have any ultrasounds or tests other than routine bloodwork when I was pregnant with my boys, so the thought of having anything done this time feels foreign to me. Does this sound weird?

If we get our baby, DH's family will definitely see a side of me they don't really know about. I think *maybe* only my lovely MIL has any idea my boys were both supposed to be born at home. I'm already working things out in my head about how to deal with their issues with natural family living, especially natural medicine and what would probably be delayed and selective vaxing. I don't think they'd actually say much--they're wonderful people--but I worry about what they'd think. Why do we have to worry so much about what people close to us think? Sigh...

Sorry for the ramble/vent. I've been spending a lot of time here and realizing how much a lot of this stuff means to me, especially since it bothers me so much that my boys are fully vaxed and that is not at all what I wanted for them. Thanks for listening, ladies. BTW, just laying low waiting until I can POAS!

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

Old 06-07-2009, 10:19 PM

Note to self: NO checking the cervix at a time when you're waiting for possible implantation spotting! It only leads to wondering if the spotting is what you want it to be or is from checking the cervix.: Sigh...

Old 06-08-2009, 06:29 AM

VM Sorry to hear about the loss of the baby in your DD club. I can't imagine a worse way to suffer than losing a baby that's so close to being in your arms, other than losing a child. Awful.

Stealthee Sticky Bean Vibes! I hope the week flies by and you are hearing a strong heartbeat soon. How awesome that SIL is preg too (and 40, whoo hooo!) I miss my DS not having a passle of cousins his age like I did.
I'm happy for her, but one of my first thoughts was that it was going to be very hard for me to watch her go through her pregnancy if I should lose mine. Selfish, huh? Nah, I don't think it's selfish... just human nature. If you want to be really green with envy check out the TTC in our 20's thread and have a gander at all those BFP's... no don't do it. It's depressing.

Arianwen If MIL knows, if it's anything like my family dynamics *everyone* else knows too.

Zona Sorry about your loss. Hope your healthcare providers keep any negative thoughts to themselves. They aren't walking in your shoes and they have no right to tell you what you "should' do.

MM Have a great relaxing vacation!

Waturmama Glad you are feeling better.

I'm DPO 11, FF says I can test on June 10. My temps have been high b/c I have a raging eye,ear, and throat infection for a couple of days, feeling better now. I don't have any s/s so I don't think this is going to be my lucky month. Prob just as well since I've had to take some antibiotics.

Hello kbhlmh, Kristen,Pookie,Karens, MGB and everyone I missed. Have a good week.

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

Old 06-08-2009, 12:22 PM

hola peeps.

i've been offline for what seems like a while but is probably only a week or so. i am happy to subscribe to this new thread. the "summer love" reference makes me feel hopeful, as i was conceived in the actual summer of love (well really the spring before!)

life has been so very busy for us. i've just finished my third year of teaching my class (i'm a waldorf teacher and we stay with our class from first through eighth grades). my sons just graduated 8th grade. we just adopted a new puppy from the spca. and we just removed all contingencies on the house the we're buying. we are moving on june 30th. after the graduation on saturday i collapsed with exhaustion!

i haven't kept up with the news around here. to all of you. i hope everyone is well. full moon yesterday: any ovulation happening? i'm close but don't think i've o'd yet. been having cramps, but no ewcm yet. in any case, we are still using condoms. i feel closer to baby-making times, but it will probably wait until after we move. however, i am still open to our little one making an entrance any time now.

with much love,
xoxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaturMama View Post
MM and Kristin thanks for the words of wisdom about TCM. I have been doing acupressure, but I'm starting to think that maybe finding someone who does more full TCM and specializes in fertility is a good idea.
COLOR="DarkOrchid"]My TCM provider says that for me the herbs she prescribes are actually more important than the acupuncture. Which is good since I have not been able to afford the acupuncture since December. I was doing acupressure on and off back in the winter and will resume as soon as I figure out where I am in my cycle.

My brief foray into Western Medicine was very disappointing and discouraging which is how I ended up with TCM.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=LisaSedai;13900267
I'm DPO 11, FF says I can test on June 10. My temps have been high b/c I have a raging eye,ear, and throat infection for a couple of days, feeling better now. I don't have any s/s so I don't think this is going to be my lucky month. Prob just as well since I've had to take some antibiotics.

.[/QUOTE]

Hope you feel better soon!

Stealthee I think you sound like a regular old human bean with honest feelings. I hope you u/s goes well. And yeah my dd is a pretty amazing little person in so many ways.

Arian STOP checking your cervix!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
Waturmama: Ah, I'm just now noticing that you are in the Bay Area. I grew up there and my family is still there. It still feels like home to me. Glad to hear that your bleeding is letting up and that you've got more energy now.
I grew up there, too! Until I moved to Oregon 4 years ago, CA felt like home; now Portland does.

Quote:
I am almost 7 weeks now. I haven't had any more spotting since the first episode about a week and a half ago. I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 17th of June. I don't think I can get even a little bit hopeful about this pregnancy unless I see a strong heartbeat.

I also just found out that my SIL is 10 weeks pregnant. I think she'll be 40 this year. I'm happy for her, but one of my first thoughts was that it was going to be very hard for me to watch her go through her pregnancy if I should lose mine. Selfish, huh?
Not at all selfish! Before I lost my first pregnancy, I'd become (online) friends with a couple of women whose due dates were almost the same as mine. After the m/c, it was difficult to have nice thoughts about them! Jealousy and hard feelings abounded, esp. when I'd see someone treating a baby in what I thought was the wrong manner (like giving a 10 month old a can of Coke!). I'd steam and stew and cry. It seemed so unfair! So, no, not selfish. Totally normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post
life has been so very busy for us. i've just finished my third year of teaching my class (i'm a waldorf teacher and we stay with our class from first through eighth grades). my sons just graduated 8th grade. we just adopted a new puppy from the spca. and we just removed all contingencies on the house the we're buying. we are moving on june 30th. after the graduation on saturday i collapsed with exhaustion!

i haven't kept up with the news around here. to all of you. i hope everyone is well. full moon yesterday: any ovulation happening? i'm close but don't think i've o'd yet. been having cramps, but no ewcm yet. in any case, we are still using condoms. i feel closer to baby-making times, but it will probably wait until after we move. however, i am still open to our little one making an entrance any time now.

with much love,
xoxo
Wow, that's a lot of stuff going on at once! Collapsing seems like just the right thing to do! Good luck with the new house and the move! Very exciting!

CD18 and I haven't o'd yet. : Going on a week of EWCM alternating with creamy. Temps up and down. But I had strong o pain/cramping last night, and things seem a bit drier today, so I'm : for a temp jump tomorrow morning. Seems like my body is back to it's old self - before DS, my cycles were 31-35 days, with O usually around day 17-19. Of course, the cycle I got pregnant, I o'd on cd15.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 06-08-2009, 03:45 PM

Hi everyone!

I am super tired. 33w2d. Still working full time and still the mommy of 2 wild children! Plus DH is studying for a competition at work so I had them myself most of the weekend. Dentist, beach, library, stockin gup on stuff I'll need immediately postpartum. They were good but they are very spirited. Plus, only 20 months apart in age. They are either wrestling or hugging each other most of the time. Also, they seem to believe the other is hearing impaired. Even when they are standing right next to each other they are loud!

Anyway, who is contemplating TCM and reading Randine Lewis' book, I would definitely give it a shot. I know I would not have gotten PG 3 times in 2008 (with ever improving results) had I not done it.

Now it is funny because the midwife keeps trying to find somthing wrong with me. I don't think they can believe that a 42 year old 7 month PG woman can have nothing wrong with her!

I am a little shorter with my kids than I'd like. Trying to work on that.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 06-09-2009, 10:51 AM

Hello!

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words.

I just had my first bout of dry heaves. It was strangely reassuring.

Wow, Veganmama, 33 weeks!!!

Gotta run. to all!!!

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
Old 06-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I just had my first bout of dry heaves. It was strangely reassuring.
That is great to hear!

Cheers to all!

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !

User Tag List