Is there anything to DO in the 2ww to increase chances of pregnancy?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is there anything to DO in the 2ww to increase chances of pregnancy, or at this point is it out of one's hands? Is there anything to not do-( other than the obvious drinking, drugs, etc!).

It feels a bit helpless- like- okay, sperm went in, ovulation confirmed- now what?!!!
#2 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I actually read that a glass of red wine helps with implantation It worked for me.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#3 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Seriously?! On which dpo? I could use a glass of red wine tonight- what a great thing to hear!
And soes it have to be red or any wine, cause I prefer bubbly white. Thanks!!
#4 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Seriously?! On which dpo? I could use a glass of red wine tonight- what a great thing to hear!
I heard one glass (no more) on 3-8 dpo, or whatever feels right. I would trust your body. It can't hurt and it might help (especially if its just to destress you )

#5 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Lauren
#6 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 02:41 PM

lauren, do you have a good link about this? is it alcohol in general or specifically wine? i keep reading contradictory stuff - that wine is good for implantation because it helps thicken the lining, or that any alcohol impairs implantation because it causes hormonal imbalances. not sure if either one is true... would love to read a link that isn't just people's comments on a yahoo answer or something if you know of one!

katie, i have heard of people taking baby aspirin or progesterone cream after O, but i don't have much info on it. i am googling around for this kind of info myself so if i find it i will share here.

<b>edit:</b> this link recommends dong quai for implantation.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#7 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
lauren, do you have a good link about this? is it alcohol in general or specifically wine? i keep reading contradictory stuff - that wine is good for implantation because it helps thicken the lining, or that any alcohol impairs implantation because it causes hormonal imbalances. not sure if either one is true... would love to read a link that isn't just people's comments on a yahoo answer or something if you know of one!

katie, i have heard of people taking baby aspirin or progesterone cream after O, but i don't have much info on it. i am googling around for this kind of info myself so if i find it i will share here.
I don't remember where I read it but it was an alternative medical person who said it. I remember thinking, SOLD. I think you can find something either way. One glass of wine won't ruin your hormone balance. If you were drinking like 5 shots and no dinner it might. The one glass of wine might also help the same way the aspirin does, as it is a blood thinner.

#8 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

I have heard of baby aspirin for people who were prone to miscarriages- but I am not sure I would try it in just a regular 2ww? Anyway- I know there is not really much one can do but wait- but it is neat to hear ideas. I may try the one glass of wine thing though- I had really thought the opposite- no alchohol- but I can see how one glass could help. This 2ww is already driving me nuts with anticipation even though it is my 21st ( yup) month of ttc my first baby! Okay.
#9 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
I actually read that a glass of red wine helps with implantation It worked for me.
Nice! I'm popping a bottle tonight!!
#10 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
My doctor actually told/ordered me to do this (red wine) It isn't the first time I've been told by a doc to do it either

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#11 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 05:24 PM

baby aspirin is proven to improve chances of implantation in ALL women regardless of if they have past miscarriages.

progesterone will only help if you're progesterone deficient.

And as for drinking, it doesn't hurt the baby until after the placenta is working which happens after the TWW is over.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#12 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 05:34 PM

I've read pineapple juice is good for implantation.

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#13 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

oh yeah- I read about the pineapple juice too! I wonder why.

Maeryn do you know why baby aspirin is good for implantation? something about thinning blood but why does that help?

Do you guys think pineapple juice the whole 1st wk of 2ww is a good idea? Iactually LOVE it so it can't hurt. I am going to buy some tonight!
#14 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Maeryn do you know why baby aspirin is good for implantation? something about thinning blood but why does that help?

Do you guys think pineapple juice the whole 1st wk of 2ww is a good idea? Iactually LOVE it so it can't hurt. I am going to buy some tonight!
It helps make the lining more lush and kills off certain bacteria that can cause pregnancy loss. It can ALSO help with ovulation and sometimes increases the chance of twins if taken pre-o.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#15 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:

I would drink the pineapple juice on the porch tonight before dinner with a good novel and a glass of red wine with your dinner. Good luck! :

#16 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 06:35 PM

The pineapple thing is due to the core of the pineapple (aka bromelain). Google "bromelain fertility" or similar. You need to get quite a bit of the core to help, supposedly anyway..

I think if you're in good health and not on prescriptions, baby aspirin can't hurt probably. If you aren't in good health and/or are on prescriptions, I'd ask your dr first, of course. It is supposed to help make for a fluffy lining of your uterus.

Last time I TTC, I would avoid orgasms during the 2ww. I know some have said it shouldn't hurt implantation if it's going to happen but I was afraid. Finally one cycle I said to heck with it, and I orgasmed everyday of my 2ww (LOL) and bam, pregnant.
#17 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 07:25 PM

is 6 dpo too late to start baby aspirin?

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#18 of 18 Old 06-05-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
is 6 dpo too late to start baby aspirin?
if you haven't implanted i dont suppose it can hurt... and most implantations are 7-10dpo

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page