The Obsess Over Every Little Symptom and Test Early thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
congrats songtothemoon!

i also hate the early pregnancy points thing but it's because i never score very high

afm my temp went down slightly... starting to resemble my non-pregnant charts so i'm not terribly hopeful. but looking at it on the chart overlay if my temp goes back up tomorrow it could look more like my preggo chart... but i do think i'll probably be out this cycle. blah! i will test again tomorrow, i think.

katie, i am still : for you. i just want it to happen for you so that you don't have to worry about timing insems and ordering sperm and such... i am still hopeful that your lack of symptoms this cycle will lead to something. i got a BFN at 11 dpo with DD with a 25 miu test, so try not to let the early BFNs get you down!

Thanks. But did you ever get a bfp with no symptoms?
#62 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Thanks. But did you ever get a bfp with no symptoms?
my first pregnancy, i had lots of things that i wouldn't classify as symptoms NOW. we were TTA at the time, and my charts for the full year before i got pregnant were all not so great - very short LPs, anovulatory cycles, super late O - so that's actually why we were lax about using a condom. the cycle i conceived DD, i ovulated and had EWCM for the first time that i noticed and a very clear, nice chart. my big symptoms with DD were that at 7 dpo i had food aversions and nausea, but then they went away. i was feeling so normal and so convinced i wasn't pregnant by 10 dpo that i went out and got ragingly drunk. by 12 dpo i started feeling pukey and tired again, and that is when i got my BFP. i felt the unmistakable pregnancy signs by the time i was 5 weeks, which is 21 dpo.

now that i'm ovulating regularly again and charting my pre-AF symptoms, i frequently have food aversions and nausea and fatigue before AF, sometimes even worse than when i was pregnant. so for DD i don't really know what symptoms were actually from pregnancy and which ones were just because i had my first normal cycle in several months.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#63 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 09:49 AM

Wow Katie, I had no idea it was so expensive to do insems. That must make it extra heart wrenching every time evil af shows up. s I hope this is your month and you can stop worrying about the timing.

Malinda, partner to Ryan, Mama to Super-Holden (Nov 2006) and my new little bundle, Declan (Feb 2010)
#64 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 09:55 AM

So I went to the store last night and bought a clear blue digital. (So freaking expensive!) I was super nervous to use it so I used another ic and got another faint line, first.... then I dipped the digi in the same cup of fmu: PREGNANT!!
::::

It's so nice to see it so plain as day instead of squinting at the line, but I was so terrified it would say the opposite.

Malinda, partner to Ryan, Mama to Super-Holden (Nov 2006) and my new little bundle, Declan (Feb 2010)
#65 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 09:56 AM

Katie- I did not have any symptoms when I got my BFP this cycle I hope this is it for you!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#66 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 10:00 AM

Katie I am so sorry you are feeling down and discouraged today. I just can't imagine how hard this must be for you and your DH. How exhausting, time consuming and money consuming it all must be for you guys. I am sure it is taking some kind of toll. I really do wish there was some way we could all help to make this happen for you. I really hope you get a great big surprise in a few days! Your chart is looking very promising.Maybe yesterdays dip was implantation. Have you ever had a dip like that before? There is still plenty of time til AF would be showing...if she does ...and I am praying that she doesn't. Good luck!!

:::::goodv ibes::

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#67 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

I woke up and feel like crap... which is a very familiar feeling from the past... either I'm sick or I'm pregnant.

I feel like throwing up... either I'm sick, or I'm pregnant.

I could hardly make it to the computer because I was so dizzy... either I'm sick or I'm pregnant.

My nose is all stuffy... either I'm sick... or I'm pregnant...

and My temp hit a new high today... again... either I'm sick, or I'm pregnant

and I have only digital tests and I really don't want to waste one of those because it's ONLY 9dpo

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#68 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldensMama View Post
So I went to the store last night and bought a clear blue digital. (So freaking expensive!) I was super nervous to use it so I used another ic and got another faint line, first.... then I dipped the digi in the same cup of fmu: PREGNANT!!

It's so nice to see it so plain as day instead of squinting at the line, but I was so terrified it would say the opposite.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!:::

Did DP see it this time???

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#69 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

grats to the two graduates of the thread, i'll add you in a bit, do you have any pics to add with your name?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#70 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Maeryn Of course you are pregnant!

AFM- this thread and all you kind ladies has been a life saver for me in this 2ww! Usually dh has to be the only recipient of all my obsessing as I don't really talk with any of my women friends about it.

So- I just made an appointment with the RE (gynocologist) so that if I am not successful this cycle I can try an iui next time. Because she is super busy, my initial appointment with her is for after my next cycle ovulation- so I would have to sit a cycle out. And then try an iui in 2 cycles. But at least I am going to try something different. the receptionist said it is $200/ultrasound and I will need 2 ( or more maybe?!) plus $250 for the iui- and insurance doesn't cover it. Plus, I likely want to do at least 2 inseminations, plus the vials of sperm. Luckily- I think I can convince my lovely parents to pay for it as they know dh and I have been trying to pay for it all on our own so far, and they know how long it has been.

Anyway- I know now that the first hpt I posted was like- I don't know, dirt or something, I mean- there was pink on the bottom of it at first, but I did take it apart and handle it quit e abit.
Well, I feel a little bit better having made that appointment. Time does go fast and so - maybe I still have a chance this cycle- but if not, then at least hopefully this summer!

I know I ovulate and am okay- I think it is just frozen sperm and timing that make it so hard.
#71 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songtothemoon View Post
Now, what I'd like to do is wait to tell DH on father's day -- Sunday after next. But, can I wait? I'm going to try....
I think I'll go for a blood test first and confirm everything, then try to wait to tell him!
songtothemoon, Congratulations!!!! That's awesome, and from a fellow 38-year-old, it's an inspiring story of fertility. And thanks for pointing out that father's day is the week after next... I was worried that it was this Sunday and I didn't send my Dad a card soon enough!

Katie34 I'm amazed at your strength... I hope your lack of symptoms turns out to be a good thing this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter30 View Post
: My question exactly!!!

AFM, I finally got my crosshairs, and while I'm trying not to obsess (I'm more interested in obsessing on all of your stories!), I had one symptomless symptom last night: I was talking to my friend who is pregnant. Yes, that's the symptom. The thing is, when she told me she was PG in December, I had the sudden thought in my head that I was pg too, and I found out a week later that I was. So we were talking yesterday, and suddenly the same thought popped into my head. Of course, as DH would say, it's probably because IT'S THE ONLY THING I THINK ABOUT!!!!
#72 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 10:38 AM

Songtothemoon & HoldensMama Congratulations!

Christie SAHM to DD~10/03, DS~4/06, & ~3/09 &
Arrived 1-14-10
#73 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter30 View Post
Thanks for the congrats! He goes to work really early so I emailed a pic and titled the email, "surely you can see this one" lol. I'll let you all know when I hear back from him.

#74 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 10:58 AM

Congratulations to all the BFP's. This is an abundantly bfp-full thread, yeah?

I have decided that maybe I will just stay hopeful. My temp did go back up today, so it is possible that I had an implantation dip yesterday, Maybe being hopeful will be more fun.
#75 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:03 AM

AFM AF showed this morning just like clockwork, 3 days early, as always....... I am so sad and crying, I knew I probably wasn't, but this was my last chance, ever. I am single now, for good, and I just wanted this one last chance, kwim?>

Holdensmamma Congrats!!!!!!! Sticky bean juice coming your way!!!

songtothemoon Congrats mamma!!! Sticky sticky sticky, ya know, like a a postitnote

MAE just pee on it!!!

KATIE Im sorry, why dont you just come and get some of my eggs, I swear I make pretty little boys!!! And Im not even being biased,lol.

To everyone else, sorry if i missed you, my memory is crap lately( which sucks for my homework) and my comp ir really slow, so is hard to open more than 1 page to see messages, I hope everyone is doing good, and goodf luck everyone!!!
#76 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldensMama View Post

YAY!!!!! ::::
#77 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Is creamy or abundant cm in the tww pretty much a necessary sign of pregnancy? I hear about it a lot- that pregnant women had creamy abundant cm in their 2ww. Has anyone here been pregnant and had dry cm in their tww? Just curious.
I wish I could remember when I was pg with DS, but it's been over 4 years ago. I didn't really have any sort of symptoms until after I POAS, took a blood test at my doctor's office and then started telling everyone. At that point, I was 6 weeks or so along (I know, very premature to be telling folks, but we couldn't stop), and my sense of smell heightened and so did my nausea. CM? Didn't pay attention...
#78 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:12 AM

mamaoffive so sorry for AF
My eggs are fine, though- it is my dh who doesn't have sperm.
#79 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:14 AM

(((mammaof5))) so very sorry...
#80 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 AM

Katie I am SO happy that you are staying hopeful!! At this point, there is no reason not to!! There's still time and it can still happen!! YAY!!

mamaof5 I am so sorry about AF! This really stinks!

songtothemoon Congratulations on your BFP!! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9mos!!

#81 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:18 AM

thanks skeeter. How are You doing?
#82 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Gah... I hate this rollercoaster... I want a clear and obvious "hey stupid you're pregnant" from a pregnancy test.

#83 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:24 AM
LZP

Quote:
Maeryn Of course you are pregnant!

AFM- this thread and all you kind ladies has been a life saver for me in this 2ww! Usually dh has to be the only recipient of all my obsessing as I don't really talk with any of my women friends about it.

So- I just made an appointment with the RE (gynocologist) so that if I am not successful this cycle I can try an iui next time. Because she is super busy, my initial appointment with her is for after my next cycle ovulation- so I would have to sit a cycle out. And then try an iui in 2 cycles. But at least I am going to try something different. the receptionist said it is $200/ultrasound and I will need 2 ( or more maybe?!) plus $250 for the iui- and insurance doesn't cover it. Plus, I likely want to do at least 2 inseminations, plus the vials of sperm. Luckily- I think I can convince my lovely parents to pay for it as they know dh and I have been trying to pay for it all on our own so far, and they know how long it has been.

Anyway- I know now that the first hpt I posted was like- I don't know, dirt or something, I mean- there was pink on the bottom of it at first, but I did take it apart and handle it quit e abit.
Well, I feel a little bit better having made that appointment. Time does go fast and so - maybe I still have a chance this cycle- but if not, then at least hopefully this summer!

I know I ovulate and am okay- I think it is just frozen sperm and timing that make it so hard.

Katie,
Please stay hopeful... we're all hopeful for you! i was going to say what Skeeter said- i think that yesterday could have been implantation dip. it can take anywhere from 2-10 DPO to fully implant... maybe it was just looking for the perfect spot to settle in for a LONG and HEALTHY 9 mos!!!

This thread seems to be good luck this month.... so keep up hope!!

Holdensmom- WOOO HOOOO! Congrats! The digitals are the best, as long as you catch them at the right time... nothing worse than having a BFN all S-P-E-L-L-E-D O-U-T for you!!! (especially if you know it's not true!)

Lucy_v obsessing over everyone else is SO much easier!! and more fun, and fulfilling - looking at like 10 charts, hearing bfps all over the place- it's hopeful!

AFM - FF wants to tell me that I O'd on Monday... but i was AT THE RE on Monday, nad had a U/S and bloods... and i was NOT about to O. So, i had to over ride it, and hopefully I remember to change it back to "advanced" detection method after a few days. I dont know when O will happen, if it happens at all this cycle... so frustrating.

maybe i will invest in the CBFM... is it worth it if my cycles are all over anyway?

Hope everyone is having an extra fertile day... and for you girls in the TWW - stay sane!!!!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#84 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:24 AM

Maeryn Did you test today? Picture?! I don't see how you could not be, with those amazing temps and all those lines and all those symptoms. But I know what you mean wanting it to be confirmed already.
#85 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
thanks skeeter. How are You doing?
You are welcome!! I am doing fine....just hanging out, waiting to O. I am on CD7 and I will probably O in about 4 days. I have been Oing religiously on CD 11 for the past 3 mos...weird huh?? I have an appointment with my midwife on the 17th...I have a bunch of questions for her and I can't wait to go. I just want some reassurance and any other helpful advice she can give me. I love her and have been seeing her since I was 18. She delivered my son. So...I really trust her and she always makes me feel better!

#86 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

I caved. I took one of my EPT digitals.

big fat NOT PREGNANT

#87 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 12:01 PM

::::::
Holden'smama!
We should be DDC buddies...

Lucy v -- I hope to be an inspiration for women of "advanced maternal age" -- I hate that phrase!

Maeryn -- Hang in there!!! I saw lines on many of those photos! Really! Hold off on the 2nd digital. I was BFN at 9/10 DPO (depending how I count) and peed on 4 dollar store tests and FRER!
Just wait another couple of days! You sound/seem pregnant!!!

Yummyumyummama and Katie34 -- thank you!

I haven't told anyone IRL yet. Hubby is still sleeping.
I don't think I can hold out until Father's day!
I'm going to tell him this weekend...

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#88 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

big fat NOT PREGNANT

Oh Mae!! Maybe it is just too early

#89 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

big fat NOT PREGNANT
MAE, sorry about that but it's still really early for you right?? Did you take any more $tree tests?? They do look like they are getting a tad darker to me. I look forward to seeing more from you!! Good luck!

Amie 34, DH Jason 34, DS Jacob 5 , DS Joseph 3
#90 of 349 Old 06-11-2009, 01:04 PM

Maeryn argh how frustrating. Hang in there. Hoping to see your BFP soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page