The Obsess Over Every Little Symptom and Test Early thread! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi, I just wanted to say that it is starting to feel more real and I am very happy! Though I have to say I am looking forward to the line getting darker.Has anyone felt this way when they got their faint bfp? I know all these months I saw others' faint bfps I was like- a line is a line, you are pregnant. But with my own- I now told my family and all (no friends for a good long while though!) but the line is still faint so I guess I am still a bit hesitant about it all. Anyone feel this with theirs? I hope it darkens tomorrow or soon.
#242 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow today's test was super darker, way to go Katie!:

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#243 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 05:21 PM

Katie34 -- Yeah, with my first I tested a couple days in a row. I kept temp'ing, and then worried at any little dip (STOP temp'ing if you still are!).

But it just so happened that I had been scheduled for an appointment with my family doc for a couple days after my BFP (to talk about infertility), and she was able to give me lab slips for betas. That helped, to see the actual numbers -- and the numbers going up.

I did spot a few times early on, and got pretty scared. Went to the ED at one point (I know now there's nothing they could have done, even if I was miscarrying).

I worried a lot until I could hear the heartbeat (rented a doppler) -- but I just worried less. I didn't really enjoy the pregnancy until I could feel her.

Someone told me once, though, that you'll never really stop worrying now. You worry when you're pregnant, you worry when they're a baby (SIDS, etc), you worry when they're a toddler (running into the parking lot).... it's just part of being a parent.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#244 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 05:24 PM

Thanks KParker you and I have both been on the ttc forum for a long time!

Jenfl I think you are right! funny that you said that about the toddler running into the parking lot as the 3 yr old I babysit did that this morning- running away as I was yelling stop! and I had to run to catch her.

but I guess you are right. And thus, I should relax and enjoy- finally! Which I mostly am, I think. I mean- I am very excited, omg. wow! Thanks for the reassurance!
#245 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 06:30 PM

:ohoo Katie34, Congratulations!!!!!::

michelle~carola's and paola's mommy~
#246 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle_mg View Post
:ohoo Katie34, Congratulations!!!!!::
Thank You!
#247 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I hate waiting. There should be some sort of home blood test available.

I have something happening tomorrow hich I'd REALLY like to take a valium for, but I can't because if I'm pregnant I don't think valium is good for baby.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#248 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
I hate waiting. There should be some sort of home blood test available.

I have something happening tomorrow hich I'd REALLY like to take a valium for, but I can't because if I'm pregnant I don't think valium is good for baby.
If you're pregnant, the valium wouldn't touch the baby... and would be out of your system before baby's placenta is functional.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#249 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
If you're pregnant, the valium wouldn't touch the baby... and would be out of your system before baby's placenta is functional.
I agree. It would probably be fine. I understand the concern though. I' avoiding things too...like caffine just to be safe.

The waiting is killing me too. Today I was unusually exhausted. I didn't feel like doing anything. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that I might be able to get a BFP on Sunday(Father's Day) for dh. He is excited, and I think it would be fun to confirm on Father's Day. I will only be 8dpo though and I have never gotten a BFP that early....I have gotten 9 and 10dpo bfps with previous pregnancies though.
#250 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 08:37 PM

So I feel that I have been dominating this thread the last few pages- but I hope that is okay! As much as we need to obsess about our symptoms I think it is important to obsess about the early bfp's too! so to that end I just wanted to say that I have 2 more FRER's in my closet from the 3 pack I got. And I will be taking them tomorrow and the next day and likely posting photos here if they are good! I hope that is okay, it's is just that I am really excited and still feeling safe here in this nest with you all and still wanting them to darken up and to show you all! Thank You! I hope everyone else is doing well too.
#251 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
So I feel that I have been dominating this thread the last few pages- but I hope that is okay! As much as we need to obsess about our symptoms I think it is important to obsess about the early bfp's too! so to that end I just wanted to say that I have 2 more FRER's in my closet from the 3 pack I got. And I will be taking them tomorrow and the next day and likely posting photos here if they are good! I hope that is okay, it's is just that I am really excited and still feeling safe here in this nest with you all and still wanting them to darken up and to show you all! Thank You! I hope everyone else is doing well too.
Yes of course, post those pics!!!! i was very nervous with both my pregnancies. Worried about faint lines. My beta with DS2 was lower than when I got it done with DS1, around the same time I think. But everything was just fine. So try not to worry, stress isn't good. Just continue to be happy and remember to post those pics tomorrow!

Amie 34, DH Jason 34, DS Jacob 5 , DS Joseph 3
#252 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Mine started looking REALLY good at 13 dpo! Also, at 18 dpo it was CRAZY dark!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#253 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 08:54 PM
LZP

Quote:
PLEASE PLEASE do!!! your BFP's, and everyone elses give us (at least me) hope!
Besides the fact that we want to share in your : !!!!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#254 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 09:10 PM

Katie34
PLEASE DO POST THEM!!!

You are giving me a little hope!

I am 10 DPO and got a BFN today. :
Plus all of my symptoms seem to be gone other then the cramping. Have any of you tested BFN at 10 DPO and still ended up with e BFP later on???
#255 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 09:22 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymac View Post
Katie34
PLEASE DO POST THEM!!!

Plus all of my symptoms seem to be gone other then the cramping. Have any of you tested BFN at 10 DPO and still ended up with e BFP later on???
Katie tested at 10DPO and got a BFN... and then got a REALLY BFP yesterday and today!!!!!

you still have hope, Mommymac!!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#256 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 PM

Thanks LZP!

I guess I will keep hoping for now! My temps are still way above cover, but I usaully start spotting on 12 DPO, so I guess I wont count myself out until Wed. I was so sure that I was "feeling" pregnant yesterday.. so today has thrown me a little threw a loop...
#257 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 PM

Hey mommymac, I'm at 11 dpo with a BFN! Hoping for some good news on 12 dpo (tomorrow), but also not feeling "pregnant" like I thought I was the other day, although my temps are strangely high. I'm calling 12 dpo my cut-off for testing -- if I get a BFN then, I'm just starting the long wait for AF.

Maybe you'll have better luck than myself!

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#258 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 10:11 PM

I've been lurking, but wanted to add my : for Katie34.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#259 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymac View Post
Katie34
PLEASE DO POST THEM!!!

I did!!! Maybe it was 9 dpo BFN and 11 DPO BFP... it was so light on 11 dpo that I doubt I would have seen anything at 10. I have known women in real life that did not test positive until AFTER a missed period. It's still hopeful!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#260 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 PM

Ok... AF was due Saturday, I've been having lightheadedness when I wasn't doing anything since Friday, nausea since last Tuesday or Wednesday, very LIGHT pink spotting twice on Friday, brown spotting today, HPT was neg. this morning, but my doc thought my symptoms were worth checking out, so I should have blood test results by tomorrow at 2!!!! I AM GOING NUTS!

Wife (32) to DH (33) Mom to DS 2 and Twin DD's born 8/11
#261 of 349 Old 06-15-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy7-08 View Post
Ok... AF was due Saturday, I've been having lightheadedness when I wasn't doing anything since Friday, nausea since last Tuesday or Wednesday, very LIGHT pink spotting twice on Friday, brown spotting today, HPT was neg. this morning, but my doc thought my symptoms were worth checking out, so I should have blood test results by tomorrow at 2!!!! I AM GOING NUTS!
How exciting!! Good luck!

Amie 34, DH Jason 34, DS Jacob 5 , DS Joseph 3
#262 of 349 Old 06-16-2009, 01:14 AM

JenFL & Lauren31- thank you!!! I am still hopeful, I am just affraid to be optimistic about it.. you know that good old AF let down that seems to come month after month.

Jenfl- My chart has unuaslly high temps as well.. that was one reason that I thought that I may be in the running!!! I hope that you get a big beautiful BFP tomorrow morning!!!
#263 of 349 Old 06-16-2009, 07:25 AM

I got another +OPK this morning now what? Do I keep taking OPKs until they get light? or do I just stop testing?

michelle~carola's and paola's mommy~
#264 of 349 Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I got another +OPK this morning now what? Do I keep taking OPKs until they get light? or do I just stop testing?
I think the OPK from yesterday is the most positive...is the one from this am as dark as that one? B/C I would probably only count the really dark one as the positive one..kind of like the peak of it?? IDK just a suggestion. Good luck anyway...I hope you catch that egg!! IMO..I think you will O today, that would mean a temp rise in the morning tomorrow.

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#265 of 349 Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 AM

mommymac -- no luck for me this morning. How'd you do?

#266 of 349 Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
According to the site where I got my OPKs, it said the first positive was the one to pay attention to. You might get additional positives, but the first one tells you that you will O in 12-36 hours. The additional positives can mean that the hormone is still in your system. Again, that's according to what I read, I only used them for the first time this cycle... I'm certainly no expert! (I had 3 days of positives, and FF eventually placed O at the 2nd day of positives.) Good luck!
#267 of 349 Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM

#268 of 349 Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 AM
LZP

Quote:
thank you!!! they just keep getting DARKER!!! woo hooo!!

did you call your doc yet to get the beta??? can't wait to see your numbers!

#269 of 349 Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 AM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy7-08 View Post
oh please post!!! :

#270 of 349 Old 06-16-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
thank you!!! they just keep getting DARKER!!! woo hooo!!

did you call your doc yet to get the beta??? can't wait to see your numbers!
Hi, I don't think I am going to do that. This is my first pregnancy and I don't really know how it all works in terms of testing and prenatal care, but I think I am going to go minimal on all the bloodwork and stuff and mostly work with a homebirth midwife. What is Beta and numbers? Sorry- I seriously don't know what that means! I am seeing a doctor (gyno) in July just to ckeck in and right now I am going to interview midwives,I have one strongly in mind that I have talked to on the phone and friends of mine say is great. Then I will see what she says about suggestions for prenatal care as well as what the regular doctor says and do what feels best with all that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page