THE ONE THREAD - June 15-22 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 504 Old 06-22-2009, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifer76 View Post
Listen, AF is at my house. I am doing my best to lock her up in the closet. If I can, I will keep her away from those of you who still have a chance.

AAM... Nothing new here... Maybe a few twinges of regret on deciding to hold off TTC.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 504 Old 06-22-2009, 11:55 PM

Like the curious headcase I am... having already pinpointed likely ovulation in july of next year and already planning a wedding date accordingly

I then went to find out what my due date would be if successful.

It would be end of March 2011.

One month before easter. If we concieve our second month trying... our due date would be easter.

XD

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#303 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Like the curious headcase I am... having already pinpointed likely ovulation in july of next year and already planning a wedding date accordingly

I then went to find out what my due date would be if successful.

It would be end of March 2011.

One month before easter. If we concieve our second month trying... our due date would be easter.

XD
Hahaha, you are a little crazy, girl. But I say power to ya! It doesn't hurt to dream, and keeps you thinking happy thoughts. Try not to get stressed out months before the wedding, because that threw my cycle off badly. I missed a month, and started my period right before the wedding.

Speaking of crazy, I'm starting to feel I am. A full week late and temp is still up. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26ed54 I feel like calling the doctor and making and appt, but what if a blood test also doesn't show this early? Is there anything other than pregnancy that can cause a sustained temp rise?

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#304 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 AM

Count me as crazy too, and proud of it! I had decided before I O'd that I was going to conceive on the full moon. Well, it looks like I came really really close (the moon was mostly full )...

bfp (there was an even fainter test on the morning of 13dpo, but my urine was very diluted)

I've gone from shock to complete anxiety in the last three days. I've been so focused on getting pregnant again, but I really had myself convinced it wouldn't happen. I didn't realize how worried I would be about another miscarriage. I think the fact that I have no real symptoms is making me skeptical, but the tests are reassuring. Hopefully I'll feel better after my doctor appt. later this week. I've been afraid to post here, but I guess no matter what happens, I am pregnant right now!

please please stick... : DH is already glowing... I love him so much....

bananabee... If you're sure of your O date, I'd call the doctor and see what they say! :

Oh and as far as FF's fertility points, they're a load of crap! They gave me a high of 41, but as the days went on and I added my "symptoms" such as cramps and skin breakout, they reduced my points! Even though I'm pregnant, I only have 39 points. I've read about lots of people who had tons of points, but then AF came. They shouldn't tease people like that. :
#305 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 AM

Hello ladies!! Good morning to all!! I hope everyone is having a great morning!

Mae I don't think you are crazy at all!! You go girl!! I think it's wonderful what you are doing. Maybe it will help to keep your mind focused on these goals!! It must be super hard for you with DF so far away but from now til the next time you see him, you can be planning not only for your wedding but, your future babies!! I just want to send you lots and lots of love and hugs!!

banana Wow...that chart is just crazy!! I really hope that you can figure things out soon. I hope it is a BFP for you!! it just stinks being in limbo!! Best of luck!!

X posted....sorry about this but...it is how I feel and what is going on with me today.

AFM, I am 7dpo and I almost tested today but, I told myself not to b/c I might start my normal spotting in just 3 days (10dpo) and I should just wait til at least then. Then I won't be wasting a test. Plus I have supposedly just reached the point in my cycle when there could be implantation so...??? I am not being very optimistic today though...back to feeling like it is never really going to happen anyway. I hate that feeling. It has only been 5 cycles for me so...why do I feel this way. I get so mad about it like you keep doing the same thing over and over with no result. It's so discouraging! I know I said I want to be positive and calm. I guess that isn't happening, at least not today anyway. I try to remember that it will happen when it's meant to but, that just doesn't seem like enough! WTH??? Do you guys feel like this?

Anyway, sorry about the rant/pity party for myself...I just can't help it...I just want this to happen already!! I hope you all have a great and happy day though!! Good luck and lots of to all!!

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#306 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 AM

Skeeter I'm sorry you've had to wait so long. May this be the cycle for your BFP! As far as testing, I tested 8, 9, and 11DPO (that's today). All were BFN, but the temps are still up, so remaining hopeful.

Lucy- Congratulations! Three good looking tests! Happy cooking! ::

Mae- I love that you've already calculated your due date. Sending lots of hope your way. In the mean time, best wishes with the weight loss journey. I've been on it for a while now. It's really tough, but keeping short-term, realistic goals helps a lot.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#307 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations Lucy!!!:::
#308 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy_v View Post
Count me as crazy too, and proud of it! I had decided before I O'd that I was going to conceive on the full moon. Well, it looks like I came really really close (the moon was mostly full )...

bfp (there was an even fainter test on the morning of 13dpo, but my urine was very diluted)

I've gone from shock to complete anxiety in the last three days. I've been so focused on getting pregnant again, but I really had myself convinced it wouldn't happen. I didn't realize how worried I would be about another miscarriage. I think the fact that I have no real symptoms is making me skeptical, but the tests are reassuring. Hopefully I'll feel better after my doctor appt. later this week. I've been afraid to post here, but I guess no matter what happens, I am pregnant right now!

please please stick... : DH is already glowing... I love him so much....

bananabee... If you're sure of your O date, I'd call the doctor and see what they say! :

Oh and as far as FF's fertility points, they're a load of crap! They gave me a high of 41, but as the days went on and I added my "symptoms" such as cramps and skin breakout, they reduced my points! Even though I'm pregnant, I only have 39 points. I've read about lots of people who had tons of points, but then AF came. They shouldn't tease people like that. :
Lucy V, congratulations!!! Have a happy healthy nine months!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter30 View Post
Hello ladies!! Good morning to all!! I hope everyone is having a great morning!

banana Wow...that chart is just crazy!! I really hope that you can figure things out soon. I hope it is a BFP for you!! it just stinks being in limbo!! Best of luck!!

AFM, ...I am not being very optimistic today though...back to feeling like it is never really going to happen anyway. I hate that feeling. It has only been 5 cycles for me so...why do I feel this way. I get so mad about it like you keep doing the same thing over and over with no result. It's so discouraging! I know I said I want to be positive and calm. I guess that isn't happening, at least not today anyway. I try to remember that it will happen when it's meant to but, that just doesn't seem like enough! WTH??? Do you guys feel like this?

Anyway, sorry about the rant/pity party for myself...I just can't help it...I just want this to happen already!! I hope you all have a great and happy day though!! Good luck and lots of to all!!
I totally get the discouragement and that feeling of it's never gonna happen. I have only been TTC for 3 mos now, but I have felt like that about other things. Like, just exactly 2 yrs ago at 27 yrs old, I thought I'd never find "the one" and never would get married and have kids. Little did I know I already knew the guy I would marry. Now I guess I should consider myself very blessed to even TTC.

AFM, I just called my doc and got a 1:30pm appt. My sweet DH called me to ask what my morning temp was. He's never checked on me before. He went on and on about how admiring he is of me, and how well I'm handling being unsure of what's going on. Made me want to cry. I sure hope I'm pregnant because he deserves any children I could give him!

#309 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 11:39 AM

I know my cycle will be thrown off around March, but not for stress but from such excitement it will stress out my body (that's when he comes home)

But I can still dream ^_^

Banana... Im thinking you didnt O when FF says you did, Im thinking you Oed up to a week later (your temps point to that as a very good possibility) I think cd 22 or cd 25 are both good possibilities... I know you didnt record any EWCM then... but it seems a lot of us are oing lately when we had (or recorded) no ewcm.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#310 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 11:40 AM

CONGRATS, Lucy!!!

Ok...so I had a .2 drop in temp this morning and am hoping it has something to do with implantation. I've had a constant headache all day yesterday and today for no apparent reason. I took 6 Tylenol yesterday and 3 more this morning but it doesn't seem to ever go away completely. No other "symptoms" as of yet though! I'm hoping to see my temp shoot high in the morning. :

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#311 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 AM
LZP

Lucy!! congratulations!!! What an awesome month we're having here!
I can totally understand your nervousness. Try to keep positive thoughts, and make sure that DH is spoiling you right now! This little bean will stick. for a LONG and uneventful, BORING 40 wks. ::::

I can only hope that those of us who are ready can join that March DDC!!

AFM, finally got my crosshairs. Now 3DPO. Feeling good, at least this week will go quickly bc i'm now in freak out mode for my mom's party that's at our house (70 people, and just PRAYING for sun, bc our house is NOT big enough!!) on Saturday. and i have 4 family members coming to stay with us for the weekend. really excited, but a lot to do... and keep my mind off of testing!

**** wondering if i shoudl be a non-tester and just do what i would normally do at the party, or if i should at least check on Sat to see what happens... ugh decisions.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#312 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 11:44 AM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesBunch View Post
CONGRATS, Lucy!!!

Ok...so I had a .2 drop in temp this morning and am hoping it has something to do with implantation. I've had a constant headache all day yesterday and today for no apparent reason. I took 6 Tylenol yesterday and 3 more this morning but it doesn't seem to ever go away completely. No other "symptoms" as of yet though! I'm hoping to see my temp shoot high in the morning. :
Not sure if this will help, but are you drinking enough water? dehydration can give a nasty headache. Do you sit at a desk all day like I do? I get up a few times a day and do stretches. Yes, people look at me strangely, but my headaches are few and far between now. I hope you feel better soon.

als, a tiny bit of caffeine might help... like a cup of tea. it opens up the capillaries (sp?) and is the active ingredient in excedrin...

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#313 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I know my cycle will be thrown off around March, but not for stress but from such excitement it will stress out my body (that's when he comes home)

But I can still dream ^_^

Banana... Im thinking you didnt O when FF says you did, Im thinking you Oed up to a week later (your temps point to that as a very good possibility) I think cd 22 or cd 25 are both good possibilities... I know you didnt record any EWCM then... but it seems a lot of us are oing lately when we had (or recorded) no ewcm.
Aww I'm so glad he's coming home so you guys will be together for mos before the wedding. My DF and I were apart all that time and he was unavailable by phone (a few texts, that's all), and that was the main reason I was stressed.

I still think Oing that late is improbable for me as I've had 31-33 day cycles for a good year, with only one exception when we were traveling a lot. Besides, I'm having major hot flashes and even my daytime temp is up at 99.1 and has been for about a week now, so if I'm not pregnant, SOMETHING is wrong.

#314 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 11:51 AM

Hi all,

I had some questions that kind of got lost in all the new news. HUGS to the BFPS and more HUGS for the BFNS.

- Why does FF seem to arbitrarily change your O date? What causes it to do that?

- How soon after conception do your temps go up?
Just want to keep an eye out for any change in my chart. Even tho it's a frustrating rollercoaster right now, LOL.

- Does my chart make any kind of sense to anyone? I'm just asking cause I haev no idea what its trying to tell me

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#315 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beating Earth View Post
Hi all,

I had some questions that kind of got lost in all the new news. HUGS to the BFPS and more HUGS for the BFNS.

- Why does FF seem to arbitrarily change your O date? What causes it to do that?

Just want to keep an eye out for any change in my chart. Even tho it's a frustrating rollercoaster right now, LOL.

- Does my chart make any kind of sense to anyone? I'm just asking cause I haev no idea what its trying to tell me
No clue why FF does that but its annoying.

Your temps go up when they go up, if they go up. The thing is, the whole 18 day rule is that your temps are up for 18 days past ovulation, so they could stay the same as your regular post-o temps. Not every pregnant woman gets a triphasic chart. Not every triphasic chart is pregnant.

Your chart makes sense to me. It says you havent Oed yet and probably will be today or within the next few days if you're not checking your cm. (but of course I could be wrong)

banana - I prefer the oing late explanation... especially since you got - opks during the time you supposedly Oed.

#316 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beating Earth View Post
Hi all,

IMO, your chart makes no sense! it looks like all of your temps are open circles.... why are they that way? are you temping at all different times? maybe just ditch the temping and use the other fertility signs - CM, CP, etc... until you can temp consistently. it doesnt work as well if you can't temp at the same time.

FF changes your O date based on all the signs. it depends on what kind of "detection mode" you're using, too. if you want it to use "advanced method," it uses your temps, plus other signs. sometimes, it can just use the secondary fertility signs. if you are using OPKs and temping properly, it should get a good reading. Or, if you're observing your other signs and temping properly, it's usually right... but some ladies here, incliuding myself, have had different experiences. once you get the hang of it, you'll know better when you O, and FF is just a nice tool to see it all laid out for you.

your temps would go up (or stay elevated) soon after implantation... so, that can be anywhere from 3-10 DPO for implantation, or even later... 3-10 is just an average.
FF will notice if your temps are tri-phasic (second rise after O) only if you're temping consistently. progesterone is what governs the temp increase. so if your prog. is low-ish, then it might not show at all really.... it could just stay high past your average LP.

#317 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:12 PM

Even temping at different times you can get a reliable idea of what is going on as long as its always after a minimum of 3 hours sleep. Yes, FF wants you to temp at the same time every single day but women who are already moms cannot do that. Ive temped anywhere from 4am to 7am in the months past and still get a very clear picture of how my chart moves.

And not every woman gets triphasic, as Ive said, so do not rely on that as a sign that you either are or are not pregnant... because I had a triphasic chart last month and I am most certainly not pregnant. But I see ton of pregnant ladies on this site without triphasic charts.

#318 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
Not sure if this will help, but are you drinking enough water? dehydration can give a nasty headache. Do you sit at a desk all day like I do? I get up a few times a day and do stretches. Yes, people look at me strangely, but my headaches are few and far between now. I hope you feel better soon.

als, a tiny bit of caffeine might help... like a cup of tea. it opens up the capillaries (sp?) and is the active ingredient in excedrin...
Thanks, LZP! I am drinking enough water. I keep a bottle at my desk, but yesterday I was off and it started when I was just sitting around doing nothing around 10 am. I had a cup of coffee around 8:30 so I had my caffeine for the day. After the Tylenol didn't work I did drink a Mtn Dew in the afternoon but even that didn't work. I thought maybe the heat was causing it since it's so hot here but it doesn't make sense since I was just loafing around and actually using a blanket on the couch since the fan above me was making me cold.

This morning the headache is back even after my morning cup of coffee again. I'm even feeling a little queasy and hot now, so maybe I'm just getting sick or am allowing my mind to go crazy with the possibilities. I'm not doing anything differently, so I don't know what may be causing it other than a possible pregnancy or the heat...more than likely the heat.

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#319 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:27 PM
LZP

Quote:
Thanks, LZP! I am drinking enough water. I keep a bottle at my desk, but yesterday I was off and it started when I was just sitting around doing nothing around 10 am. I had a cup of coffee around 8:30 so I had my caffeine for the day. After the Tylenol didn't work I did drink a Mtn Dew in the afternoon but even that didn't work. I thought maybe the heat was causing it since it's so hot here but it doesn't make sense since I was just loafing around and actually using a blanket on the couch since the fan above me was making me cold.

This morning the headache is back even after my morning cup of coffee again. I'm even feeling a little queasy and hot now, so maybe I'm just getting sick or am allowing my mind to go crazy with the possibilities. I'm not doing anything differently, so I don't know what may be causing it other than a possible pregnancy or the heat...more than likely the heat.
well darn it - i guess it must just be pregnancy symptoms, if none of the usual tactics have worked...!!! oh darn. when do you test?

#320 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:28 PM
LZP

Quote:
Even temping at different times you can get a reliable idea of what is going on as long as its always after a minimum of 3 hours sleep. Yes, FF wants you to temp at the same time every single day but women who are already moms cannot do that. Ive temped anywhere from 4am to 7am in the months past and still get a very clear picture of how my chart moves.

And not every woman gets triphasic, as Ive said, so do not rely on that as a sign that you either are or are not pregnant... because I had a triphasic chart last month and I am most certainly not pregnant. But I see ton of pregnant ladies on this site without triphasic charts.
maybe you should just have your own thread... "ask Mae." seems like you have all the answers!

#321 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:32 PM

Congratulations Lucy! Many sticky vibes to you! :

LZP - It sounds like you have a stressful weekend ahead of you! It really probably is a blessing in disguise since it will certainly get your mind off of things. I think, if it were me, I think I would try not to test on Saturday... It will only be 7ish DPO, right? If it was a BFN, I think it would just depress me for the party, and if it was a BFP, I think it might be a little awkward with the house guests... Does that make any sense? I have a feeling I would want to go around the house beaming, but that would certainly raise some eyebrows lol. I think it would also be hard not to tell people if they were all there that day.
#322 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:37 PM

I have an addiction to research and a need to share what I find out with others... a lot of my friends say I should do an advice column because they can come to me with anything from 'should I use oil based or water paint for this painting?' to 'why is my car not even attempting to start?' to relationship problems. I by far don't know the answers to all of these questions but I think they're all too lazy to use Google and Google is my best friend.

Sometimes I get lost on Google for hours looking up information on a question someone asked me that I already answered.

#323 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
well darn it - i guess it must just be pregnancy symptoms, if none of the usual tactics have worked...!!! oh darn. when do you test?
I'm doing a terrible job of convincing myself it's not pregnancy related. It my temps jumps up in the morning I will probably go ahead and test. If it stays the same or drops lower I will wait til around Friday.

I am one lucky lady!
#324 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:44 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oztok5 View Post
Congratulations Lucy! Many sticky vibes to you! :

LZP - It sounds like you have a stressful weekend ahead of you! It really probably is a blessing in disguise since it will certainly get your mind off of things. I think, if it were me, I think I would try not to test on Saturday... It will only be 7ish DPO, right? If it was a BFN, I think it would just depress me for the party, and if it was a BFP, I think it might be a little awkward with the house guests... Does that make any sense? I have a feeling I would want to go around the house beaming, but that would certainly raise some eyebrows lol. I think it would also be hard not to tell people if they were all there that day.
I DO have a stressful weekend.. but i have to at least try to stay calm. I love to entertain, but am a bit of a perfectionist, so when things arent going right, as they never seem to with 70 people at your house.... i can get a little bit umm... tightly wound.

I am SO excited though, bc my nana and my aunt and uncle are staying with us, and possibly my nephew too. I miss them all so much (they live in NH) and LOVE to have house guests. i feel like i have a little hotel.

You're totally right- either way, it's a lose-lose if i test on Saturday. I would want to start squeeling, and couldnt if i got the BFP i've been praying for; and would be disappointed if it were BFN. but i could still be hopeful with a BFN, since it would be early... (here I go, already trying to justify giving up being a no-tester-no-stresser!) these next few days will fly.

I will have more fun not knowing and having something to look forward to a week later...! on 4th of July weekend. how fun.

#325 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 PM
LZP

Quote:
I'm doing a terrible job of convincing myself it's not pregnancy related. It my temps jumps up in the morning I will probably go ahead and test. If it stays the same or drops lower I will wait til around Friday.
I know how you feel.... our brains are just NOT wired to NOT hope for it! I am going to try this month to be a non-tester... but that will not be easy. I'll be camping out overnight in the no-testers thread, I'm sure!

Your optimism will hopefully be rewarded... good vibes beget good results, usually, right?! :

#326 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Your chart makes sense to me. It says you havent Oed yet and probably will be today or within the next few days if you're not checking your cm. (but of course I could be wrong)
Mae, Oh Wise One of Many Answers, please tell me how in the world it makes any sense to you??
On another site, it said I would O yesterday but I did have a VERY long (7 day) AF this past one. Could that make a difference as to when? I though you counted from the first day of AF?

I did have some twinges yesterday. Could that be O?

You would think I would know this stuff by now, LMAO

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#327 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Congrats Lucy! I don't think it really sunk in that I was pregnant and that it would result in a baby until she was kicking my rib cage all night. Give it time, and talk to her. It sounds hokey, but taking the time to take a good few heart breaths, focusing on the love you have for this little soul, and that you will love it as long as you are blessed with it, took a lot of the anxiety away for me.

AFM: I am ready to move to the TWW. My best guess is that I o'd on CD17, so I'd be 2dpo if that is the case. We have our bases covered on BDing, and the only kink in the plan is that my girls were exposed to chicken pox last week, and hopefully will be developing spots around the time I will be testing. Oh what a week that will be...

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#328 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM

I guess I am in the 2ww

Whatever will be, already is...

#329 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 05:54 PM

I had a blood test...should know in an hour or less or by tmw morning at the latest...doctor thinks I'm pregnant, but said maybe my dates are off or could be ectopic or something not healthy and he'll want to monitor me closely. I promised not to google anything.

#330 of 504 Old 06-23-2009, 06:01 PM

: Bananabee

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page